Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2014 1:11 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Gappy drowned Yotsuyu through his bubbles and it seems he only gets more mysterious as time goes on as nobody knows where the architect came from or what his exact motives were (or what exactly he actually is). However, a certain fruit he had seems to be the next clue... which Yasuho possesses.

I just don't know what Araki is thinking at this point, but it is certainly really bizarre. This might even top some Stone Ocean parts in terms of weirdness.
NidhoeggrMay 25, 2014 4:36 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 25, 2014 4:20 AM
Jan 2012
Awesome chapter, can't wait for the next one.
May 25, 2014 4:35 AM

Apr 2008
The chapter was so good and more mystery now.
May 25, 2014 4:35 AM

Apr 2009
This is just a small hope from my side, but maybe Yotsuyu is part of this universes' equivalent to the Pillar Men. Would be pretty awesome.
May 25, 2014 7:48 AM

May 2013
Awesome.
May 25, 2014 8:09 AM

Jul 2010
I agree, this is becoming more and more weird and mysterious.

Yotsuyu was the one who killed Jo2uke in the first place, at least we know that and we know that Josuke's lost memory is related to the "Fruit" and to the "Disease", so as long he keeps his business with Higashikata's family he will find out sooner or later.

Anyway, it was damn awesome how Jo2uke used his bubbles to defeat Yotsuyu. They can even be used to recorder voices. I thought Araki was going to give another whole reference to Kars lost in space, lol.

Also, the gag of the dick was brilliant.
May 25, 2014 8:54 AM
Mar 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
maybe Yotsuyu is part of this universes' equivalent to the Pillar Men.

Exactly what came to my mind. It makes a lot of sense. Steel Ball Run mirrored part 1 and it seems like JoJolion could mirror part 4 and 2. I'm saddened that Yotsuyu's gone but now I'm super interested in what he/she/it was.
May 27, 2014 9:53 AM

Dec 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
but maybe Yotsuyu is part of this universes' equivalent to the Pillar Men. Would be pretty awesome.

what makes you think that?
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
May 27, 2014 12:44 PM
Mar 2014
SlowDancer said:
Nidhoeggr said:
but maybe Yotsuyu is part of this universes' equivalent to the Pillar Men. Would be pretty awesome.

Can't speak for Nidhoeggr, but I got a Pillar Men vibe because they were like new species. Vampires are just upgraded humans, but the Pillar Men had really weird anatomy and stuff, like whatever Yotsuyu is. Plus the Pilllar Men were awakened from a rock :P
May 28, 2014 8:32 AM

Jun 2009
HIPSTERMOONCAT said:
SlowDancer said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Can't speak for Nidhoeggr, but I got a Pillar Men vibe because they were like new species. Vampires are just upgraded humans, but the Pillar Men had really weird anatomy and stuff, like whatever Yotsuyu is. Plus the Pilllar Men were awakened from a rock :P

Those were my thoughts exactly as I was reading this chapter. Yutsuyu was part of a not-quite-human species that can change the state of their bodies and may or may not reproduce asexually. It quite fits with the pillar men. Also the way Yotsuyu almost met his fate was quite similar to Magenta Magenta who in turn usually gets linked to Kars' "death".
Jun 4, 2014 1:39 PM

Dec 2013
grandy_UiD said:
HIPSTERMOONCAT said:
SlowDancer said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Those were my thoughts exactly as I was reading this chapter. Yutsuyu was part of a not-quite-human species that can change the state of their bodies and may or may not reproduce asexually. It quite fits with the pillar men. Also the way Yotsuyu almost met his fate was quite similar to Magenta Magenta who in turn usually gets linked to Kars' "death".

wait, isnt turning into a rock is his stand ability?
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
Jun 4, 2014 2:09 PM

Apr 2009
Yotsuyu has a lot of potential Stand abilities and we need more clarification. Just wait until volume 8...
Jun 4, 2014 3:10 PM

Nov 2011
I AM A ROCK

Yeah, I kinda like the bizarreness of the antagonist in this series now. Hope we find out more about him soon. The waiting game begins.
Nov 28, 2017 2:49 PM

Feb 2013
Yotsuyu drowned, too bad.
Yasuho has that weird looking fruit.
Aug 16, 2020 11:36 AM

Oct 2013
I am a rock.

Yotsuyu drowned and left behind that mysterious fruit.

I love how this series handles mystery and mixes it with brilliant bizarness.
Aug 13, 2021 3:49 PM

Oct 2012
So apparantly Yotsuyu isn't even human, which is why he has the natural ability of becoming stone. Now it's getting even weirder. I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thought of the pillar men, but people in this thread had the same idea, which means I'm not crazy, haha. They probably aren't overpowered vampire-like beings, but maybe it's just this universe's equivalent.

Although having vampires back would rule too.

The way the fight ended was quite neat. I was thinking that throwing a rock into water was a good idea, but it went even beyond that of course.

Curious where the story goes next! I like how it's all connected thus far. Barely any filler stuff.
Jan 30, 2022 7:27 AM

Nov 2020
Whats wrong with Yasuho sleeping lmao like she has been asleep for a long time and now she is going back to sleep lmao. Weird. And that fruit is looking tasty...
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jun 25, 2022 7:23 AM

Sep 2020
oh boy what exactly is yotsuya

yasuho seems to have a piece of the fruit which tsurugi mentioned can cure the rock disease, as saving grace
Aug 2, 2023 5:49 PM

Oct 2022
Mystery piles upon mystery as we are given what may simply be a red-herring in whether the Higashikatas are going to betray Josuk8, how the disease connects to kira and the joestars, the possible cure.. It's all so entrancing and exhilarating, great chapter.
Oct 13, 2023 6:44 PM
Apr 2020
Great chapter! So it seems the other half of Josuke was killed by Yagiyama, and Kira saved him through equivalent exchange, like with Norisuke's mom?

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 31, 2011

14 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 4 Discussion

Rade-chan - Sep 30, 2011

12 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jul 19, 2011

28 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:08 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 33 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jun 20, 2014

31 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 27 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Dec 19, 2013

22 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.