Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 16, 2014 3:54 PM

May 2012
I have a feeling that Lucy cant form a contract with Aquarius anymore,. Wonder how Natsu will react with this, he knows how much Lucy loved her spirits and sacrifice one to save them.. I still cant get over the feels..

May 16, 2014 4:17 PM
May 2014
I would have never expected that to happen, i was thinking more along the lines of Lucy unleashing a power similar to Zerefs. During the Grand Magic Games Jellal had mentioned that future Lucy giving off that type of power...... so i was thinking with what happen to all of fairy tail and the demons trying to kill her that she might just snap or something along those lines. but great twist in this chapter either way i didn't even the spirit King was summon-able or that you had to break a contract to do it.
May 16, 2014 4:22 PM

Oct 2012
AQUARIUS! TT.TT

i mean, i know she's not dead, but... TT.TT

spirit king, you better destroy hades until they aren't even recognizable to zeref for what they did to lucy! D:<
May 16, 2014 4:25 PM

Oct 2012
Dark_Messiah said:
I have a feeling that Lucy cant form a contract with Aquarius anymore,. Wonder how Natsu will react with this, he knows how much Lucy loved her spirits and sacrifice one to save them.. I still cant get over the feels..

i'm half expecting him to find her sobbing and when he finds out what happened he runs off to kill all the demons for making her do that.
May 16, 2014 4:30 PM

Oct 2012
Fiji said:
That was such a big deus ex machina, summoning the Spirit King like nothing.

Oh well, the Spirit King is still awesome. He destroyed that prison so easily.

that wasn't nothing. she had to break a contract with her most trusted spirit. and aquarius wasn't only that, she was also one of the only momentos lucy has of her mom. because she broke her contract with aquarius, she will never be able to see her again.
May 16, 2014 4:35 PM

May 2012
icefox94 said:
Dark_Messiah said:

i'm half expecting him to find her sobbing and when he finds out what happened he runs off to kill all the demons for making her do that.
Man as cliche as it is Im thinking the same.

icefox94 said:
Fiji said:
That was such a big deus ex machina, summoning the Spirit King like nothing.

Oh well, the Spirit King is still awesome. He destroyed that prison so easily.

that wasn't nothing. she had to break a contract with her most trusted spirit. and aquarius wasn't only that, she was also one of the only momentos lucy has of her mom. because she broke her contract with aquarius, she will never be able to see her again.
She even said Aquarius is her strongest spirit.

May 16, 2014 6:12 PM

Mar 2009
Dark_Messiah said:

If Natsu is there to defend Lucy from Jackal then I hope he goes 2nd Origin Dragon Force from the start. His fire dragon scales will absorb anything Jackal has to offer, instil great fear in him for the very first time since rebirth room is gone. Then Natsu will proceed to slowly and painfully burn each and every bit of Jackal's body.
If that other demon comes to play with Natsu I hope he will also get instantly fried dead.

I'm really sad that Lucky has to suffer again.
May 16, 2014 7:54 PM

Apr 2008
I can't believe FT is actually more exciting than Naruto, Bleach, and OP at the moment. I like seeing some growth in Lucy.
May 16, 2014 8:59 PM

Apr 2010
Faith restored.

Until the key comes back once the spirit king leaves.
May 16, 2014 9:31 PM

Apr 2010
Cool, and I was thinking 2 weeks ago when they said Lucy had to save everyone that the only way she'd win is if she called the Celestial Spirit King. Glad it happened, but I don't have high hopes for what's to come after since FT always brings out a good chapter or a few followed by the same ol' same ol' cliche stuff. We'll see.

Though I do not agree that FT is in any way more exciting than OP, Naruto maybe, and probably on par with Bleach(right now anyway as Kenpachi finished fighting and there's a lack of soul in the manga atm).
May 16, 2014 9:56 PM

Sep 2012
Jarjaxle said:
O.O Seriously! Damn this is turning to be damn amazing chapter. Damn Jackal is cruel.

Lucy is to summon who!? AND HOW!? Oh hell no!!!! Lucy is to be sacrifice one of her friends...no, not going to happen.....Goddammit you Aquarious...GOD DAMMIT!!!!! Why you make us Like you as last thing you do!!!! you better return Somehow goddammit!!!!
T.T No, *Sniff*, I am not crying!!!!! shikuso, T.T

....Serei Ou (Spirit King)...this is order, no....beg....Lay, C O M PE T E N T L Y ......AND....U T T E R....W A S T E.... O N T A R T A R O S !!!!!!!

oh...he already did?...Oh ou, Serei Ou....vs King of Hades!?....Me wonders if Magnolia Town is still standing after this World shaping fight that will happen next?

Am I the only one who was first and foremost glad that they didn't blow up Lucy's boobs?
May 16, 2014 11:21 PM

Jun 2013
So, nobody wants to talk about Lucy's glorious panty shot?
http://i.imgur.com/woPfpC0.png
May 17, 2014 2:19 AM

Apr 2008
BakaAniki said:
So, nobody wants to talk about Lucy's glorious panty shot?
http://i.imgur.com/woPfpC0.png

You have no soul
May 17, 2014 3:38 AM

May 2014
i really love this manga, i mean it can allways twist everything xD
May 17, 2014 9:55 AM

Apr 2010
LOL
May 17, 2014 12:19 PM

Jun 2010
Grimmm said:
I can't believe FT is actually more exciting than Naruto, Bleach, and OP at the moment. I like seeing some growth in Lucy.

Bleach hasn't been interesting in a long time and literally nothing happens on a weekly basis, it takes multiple chapters for one event.
Naruto is stagnant, a lot happens but the war is too damn long and battles have been going on forever, everyone seems to have infinite health, chakra, and stamina.
Now One Piece I don't agree, One Piece is epic with a lot happening, even with all the tension and pressure from being in Doflamingo's domain, Oda makes the OP funny and interesting with that recent chapter with Usopp being 5-star was hilarious.
May 17, 2014 1:41 PM

Feb 2014
Nooo Aquarius!
Great chapter in my opinion, I had tears welling up with their goodbyes...
Will Lucy ever get all 13 celestial Zodiac keys?
Maybe she'll be able to get Aquarius back somehow through the Celestial Spirit King so she can eventually get all 13 keys, but their's still Yukino, too.
May 17, 2014 2:06 PM

May 2014
tittycakesXD said:
Grimmm said:

Bleach hasn't been interesting in a long time and literally nothing happens on a weekly basis, it takes multiple chapters for one event.
Naruto is stagnant, a lot happens but the war is too damn long and battles have been going on forever, everyone seems to have infinite health, chakra, and stamina.
Now One Piece I don't agree, One Piece is epic with a lot happening, even with all the tension and pressure from being in Doflamingo's domain, Oda makes the OP funny and interesting with that recent chapter with Usopp being 5-star was hilarious.

What are you saying?
For me One Piece is getting to childish...

Fairy tail is becoming amazing each chapter, i remember the last chapters ( since the demos were introduced) everyone was saying "best arc of fairy tail" " best chapter" etc. And now they just say it will become stupis blablabla... and to be honest every fight in Fairy tail are amazing, while in Naruto, One piece, Bleach we only have some that were amazing...

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
MellowJelloJun 10, 2014 4:47 AM
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
May 17, 2014 2:12 PM

May 2014
I liked One piece very much but to be honest i starting to lose interest ( althouugh i like to see it) i wasn to see who will receive the fruit from Luffy ^^
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
May 17, 2014 4:34 PM

May 2012
anyone notice that Lucy starts losing contract with her spirits one by one? as the future Lucy dont have any keys with her, looking back eclipse arc.. Destroyed castle, Lucy's crying, and a White knight..
Deja Vu

May 17, 2014 4:54 PM
Dec 2009
Oh god the feels, Aquarius....ą²„Š“ą²„

And its obvious that the Celestial Spirit King can feel Lucy's anguish in summoning him, considering his screeching down from the heavens like a meteor, slicing apart their flying fortress, while showing his badass warface and facing down the king of hades himself. Its pretty clear that he is PISSED, the battle next week is gonna be EPIC.
May 17, 2014 5:06 PM

Dec 2013
Amazing chapter. The feels..
Seireiou you go!
May 17, 2014 5:43 PM

Mar 2012
Great chapter, I have been wanting her to summon the spirit king for some time now, personally I thought it would happen eventually if she managed to get and use all 12 keys, but I guess this summoning by breaking one of them is cool idea as well and does limit its use.
May 17, 2014 7:12 PM

Feb 2014
Finally Lucy gets to shine. So many feels. Literally the best chapter this week.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

May 17, 2014 7:27 PM
Dec 2013
Dark_Messiah said:
anyone notice that Lucy starts losing contract with her spirits one by one? as the future Lucy dont have any keys with her, looking back eclipse arc.. Destroyed castle, Lucy's crying, and a White knight..
Deja Vu
Holy shit, good catch! and good memory too :O
May 17, 2014 10:23 PM

May 2014
Nice Chapter. Loved the part when Jakal exploded that annoying girl's face.

Aquarius will revive she can't die now :(

Spirit King looks cool but I doubt the spirit king can defeat the boss of Tartarus. Stupid Mashima will probably make Natsu defeat the last boss AGAIN. Natsu always gets the freaking glory and in most arc he defeats 1 bad guy and the last boss. I'm glad Lucy had the chance to fight and also Mira& Wendy.
May 17, 2014 10:28 PM

Aug 2012
Dark_Messiah said:
Deja Vu

Nice spotting
May 18, 2014 11:27 AM

Jan 2014
Dark_Messiah said:
Deja Vu

Having read Rave Master so many times already, I can definitely draw the parallel comparisons between Lucy and Nami from One Piece Ellie. I do believe that Lucy though shunned for quite a bit like Ellie had been until the end, she is finally stepping into the spotlight for something major. And it's about time, too.

While Fairy Tail members are protected by PLOT ARMOR, they are protected from death and not departure. Mystogan for instance left permanently though he did not die and we never saw him again (at least the original Edolas version. Yes I know he came back as Jellal). So who knows if Aquarius will do the same?

BUT Aquarius is one of the twelve golden zodiac keys, and if most of us aren't mistaken and if my nose for the shonen genre's usual formula is right, she HAS to collect the twelve keys all at once probably for something major to happen towards the end. So... I guess we'll be in for ANOTHER Deus Ex Mashima (lol) Machina. Either her key is fixed or something will happen so that the key is probably returned or never happened. I mean come on, Hiro Mashima used TIME TRAVEL to bring back dead characters so we can't expect anything less for reuniting Lucy and Aquarius, even if that destroys the point of sacrifice in the end.

Major bitching aside That being said, this was one of the BEST recent chapters in memory of Fairy Tail, which serves to show that Hiro Mashima is still a genius at emotionals, and in my personal opinion could definitely rival Eiichiro Oda.

Plus her summoning three celestial spirits and then the strongest one who has a kickass mustache makes her finally able to join the ranks of OP'ed characters, something I've long waited for.

Damn, even if this week's chapter is exceptionally long, I want MOAR. ARGH, the WAIT IS KILLING ME. AARGH.
May 19, 2014 12:24 AM

Mar 2011
Of course she will get the key back. I am just curious if she will be able to summon the king after this or it will just be a one off / last hope option.

Although I think Lucy has been tricked. She never summoned the king, I think Aquarius knew that he would appear under his own power in a storm of rage if she broke a key or something. He will beat the bad guys then tell Lucy off xD. Maybe.

Interesting point about future Lucy. I wonder how it will end up. But this is Fairy Tail, so happy endings..

Fairy Tails must have their happy ever after....
TehWhiteTigerMay 19, 2014 1:12 AM
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

May 19, 2014 2:21 AM
Feb 2013
@ arsenalfan...... where are you dude?( the one who hate women in fairy tail) i hope this chapter proves you wrong, you damn biatch!!!
May 19, 2014 10:49 AM

Oct 2012
MarsProject said:
Oh god the feels, Aquarius....ą²„Š“ą²„

And its obvious that the Celestial Spirit King can feel Lucy's anguish in summoning him, considering his screeching down from the heavens like a meteor, slicing apart their flying fortress, while showing his badass warface and facing down the king of hades himself. Its pretty clear that he is PISSED, the battle next week is gonna be EPIC.

he knew as well as anyone what had to be done in order to summon him, so he probably appeared that way because he already knew how much was being sacrificed. it's probably just a little worse that it's lucy, since she is a friend of the spirit world now (since her and her friends are the only ones to have ever set foot in the spirit world, and only for a party celebrating their return from tenroujima.)
May 19, 2014 10:05 PM
May 2014
I think it makes sense and is less than a Deus Ex Machina than I originally thought. Lucy has been building up her magical limit (I guess that's what we call it) with the constant use of summoning two spirits at once. It's already a feat that she can do that so if she keeps doing so then she'll be able to summon more. But what's squashing my main quibble about Mashima pulling this out his ass was the fact that she lost Aquarius. In order to gain a more powerful spirit ONCE. It wasn't a 'oh how in the hell she get the energy to do that', it was a fair trade off. In order to summon the CK she had to break a key, and I think she had to dismiss Loki and Aries as well. So it's a fair trade of energy. Three spirits + contract = One CK.

But that didn't make my feels hurt any less.
May 20, 2014 3:14 AM
Dec 2013
THE FEELS... :'(
Let us all go to a FEELS TRIP! :'(

I wonder if Lucy is able to summon Aquarius again by any other means,I mean there's gotta be a way in which she can no longer break any of her key to summon CSK and I am pretty sure that CRIME SORCIERE will Aid lucy with this fight, This maybe the Debut battle of CS Guild since Ultear was Gone, and now i am still hoping for ULTEAR TO COMEBACK, her youth must come back somehow.. i mean she's one of those important characters who knows to control TIME!....

Hoping for Wendy to get healed quickly though, Wendy must have been able to tell the location of tartarus and story of what happend to them to the CS Guild because she was saved by Mest(Doranbolt), YES JELLAL ON THE MOVE!!!

I hope next chapter CS will appear, fighting The other Demons while the Celestial spirit King gets his time Defeating the King of Hades - Mard Geer ...

ANYWAY, THE FEELS FOR AQUARIUS :'(
May 21, 2014 1:50 AM

Jun 2013
omg xD
the start of this chapter was so fucking stupid :D
Lucy is in a bind, so one of the three enemies she fights just leaves and another one just gets taken out by her ally...
Hiro is such a incompetent writer itĀ“s laughable...
the rest of the chapter was pretty good, but I just cant get over those first 10 pages XD
May 21, 2014 2:40 AM

May 2014
2 days until we see spirit king fighting!!! cant wait for his skills!!
May 21, 2014 3:38 AM

Mar 2014
confused_Imakuni said:
omg xD
the start of this chapter was so fucking stupid :D
Lucy is in a bind, so one of the three enemies she fights just leaves and another one just gets taken out by her ally...
Hiro is such a incompetent writer itĀ“s laughable...
the rest of the chapter was pretty good, but I just cant get over those first 10 pages XD

Elaborate further
May 22, 2014 3:40 AM

Jun 2013
TheGrandSage23 said:

Elaborate further

The start of the chapter is kinda like a villain telling the hero all about his plan right before he is killing him (which he obviously fails to).
Or the villain leaving because the "hero is going to die anyway". No need to watch him die right?

ThatĀ“s exactly what one of the villains does in this chapter. I mean those other 2 are enough to finish lucy right? RIGHT?
oh turns out they arenĀ“t...
and I quote: "I am only executing my mission"
yeah... you fucking failed dude... and in the silliest way possible - literally by not giving a shit.

Then jackal blows up his comrade... why? Well because he can (and he is crazy).
But the real reason is to have only Jackal fight against aquarius.
Hiro needs to have Lucy and Aquarius have a rather long talk in the middle of a fight, so having Jackal (who hates water) kinda struggle for a while is perfect.
ItĀ“s just the way he gets there that is completely silly.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
MellowJelloMay 26, 2014 8:12 AM
May 22, 2014 6:03 AM

Aug 2013
I am 100% sure Lucy will get Aquarius' key again. Anyhow, it was still an enjoyable chapter since I was expecting her to somehow win the fight without even breaking the key.
May 22, 2014 3:47 PM

Jul 2013
I thought Jackal blew off Lucy's leg, then I remembered that I was reading Fairy Tail.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2014 3:23 PM
Jul 2013
OMFG!! For real?? I can't stop the fucking tears... Please, please give back Aquarius! Please! That's not something u do! To take someone's first friend!!
I'm so pissed and the tears just continue to drop... And that flashback was just.. just.. TO MUCH!
But, with this I say *Sayonara, Aquarius* :'(
MirianimeMay 27, 2014 3:29 PM
Jun 14, 2014 10:54 AM

Dec 2013
FlareStar101 said:
5/5, this keeps getting better and better! the" blow up boobs" was totally unnecessary though.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 29, 2014 8:14 PM
Aug 2011
The best part about this chapter was me remembering that the Celestial Spirit King was voiced by Wakamoto.
Aug 11, 2018 8:39 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, I'm crying here, she had to sacrifice Aquarius.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 294 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

azeriraz - Aug 3, 2012

121 by aoo-kun »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 292 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Jul 12, 2012

112 by aoo-kun »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 291 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VK11 - Jul 12, 2012

201 by aoo-kun »»
May 4, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.