Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 19, 2015 7:57 AM

Nov 2012
I am looking for a developer who's interested in improving this app and keeping it up to date with recent changes on other websites. If you're interested please post a simple application in the Feedback section once logged in.
AkyApr 19, 2015 8:11 AM
Apr 19, 2015 1:23 PM

Jul 2010
Definitely going to be using this a lot! Thanks!
Apr 21, 2015 2:56 AM
Jan 2015
Hey Aky having problems again with current airing shows not updating

e.g Re-Ken!, Nisekoi, Ore Monogatari!!
Apr 22, 2015 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
i'm going to try using this.
Tired of always having to go to the computer to find what's news.
To lazy to remember the air dates.
Apr 22, 2015 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
unfortunately it's not working on my nexus 5.
Constantly keeps loading
Apr 28, 2015 6:55 AM

Nov 2012
As everyone probably read already, KissAnime is currently blocking us with the new loading page they created. This has some consequences on other parts of ARN as well (e.g. the Android app uses KissAnime by default in the settings).

@seal308: I also use the Nexus 5 and it's working well. Could you tell me your username?

I don't have much time as always but I'll see what I can do. I already contacted the owner(s) of KissAnime. Check Twitter for the latest updates.
AkyApr 28, 2015 6:58 AM
May 2, 2015 1:32 AM

Nov 2012
Uploaded Update 1.0.4 for Chrome which fixes desktop notifications for Anilist.
Uploaded Update 0.1.8 for Android which fixes a bug that caused the settings dialog to appear 3 times at start and KissAnime is not the default provider anymore.

The default anime provider on the website has been changed from KissAnime to Nyaa.

Golden Week ftw
May 3, 2015 9:45 PM
May 4, 2015 8:40 PM

Nov 2012
To address the current problems:

- ARN will use a subscription based model. It's going to be 1.99 $ for a whole year. The reason for this is to improve the quality of the service and to be able to maintain the server costs. Note that PayPal fees apply but not for you as an end-user.
- There will be a free trial time for all accounts.
- People who previously donated will get a subscription length equivalent to the donation amount.
- KissAnime: I did not get a reply from the owner of KissAnime so my guess is they are not willing to cooperate. KissAnime support will be canceled.
- AnimeShow.tv: I recently finished implementing this provider but it lacks a lot of data, so links won't work. Are people even interested in having animeshow.tv in the first place? If yes, I'll try to find some data editors for the links.
- Android App: Updates for the app have been blocked by Google since March but I'll try to contact them concerning the rejection. The reason was a "copyright violation" but I guess and hope that it's only because of the screenshot images in the app. I'll see if I can convince them, somehow.
- Chrome App: It is currently unlisted and to my surprise updates are really quick when it's unlisted and not public. I guess Google does additional checks when an app is public. Unlisted means only users with the link can see it. I'll try to make it public again unless I get rejected in which case it's going to stay unlisted.
- node.js remake: As I have pointed out elsewhere, the PHP version of the website is a pain to work with. PHP crashes sometimes which is the reason for the downtimes. Hence the idea was to rewrite everything in node.js but I didn't have the time yet. However the switch to node.js is still planned and will improve the performance and stability of the website.
- Password reset: It's missing, yes. It's high on the priority list so it will exist in the near future.
- Custom links: Pedrike mentioned that custom links would be a nice feature. I will implement it when I find the time for it.
- Custom filters for nyaa: I still didn't find the time to do this, it's quite complicated with a database behind it. There are more important tasks right now, however it's not impossible to have this in the future.
- Last but not least: I am sorry for my inability to find a second developer who has the skills required to work on it. The problem is that it is unpaid work, thus almost nobody is interested in helping another project. I'll try to keep the project alive though it will take time until all the problems are solved.

よろしくお願いいたします。
May 6, 2015 9:19 AM

Nov 2012
Help us bring back KissAnime support!

Show your interest by posting here:
http://forum.kissanime.com/index.php?threads/support-anime-release-notifier-arn.4682/
May 15, 2015 3:25 AM
Jun 2014
This is just great.

どうもありがとうございます!
Jul 7, 2015 12:45 AM
May 2013
Waiting..... for site to be back online..... but keep it up!
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 7, 2015 12:34 PM

Jul 2015
This is sick :)
Jul 19, 2015 8:03 AM

Apr 2013
Animekid3 said:

Project is dead.
[center]
Jan 1, 2016 7:21 PM

May 2012
Does this still work? I cant get it to fetch my list from MAL.
Jan 1, 2016 9:32 PM

Nov 2012
@ShyGuyFTW:
App and website are currently under development.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1492838371013015&id=1400941563536030&substory_index=0

It might be online every now and then but version 3.0 is not ready yet.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

P.S. Don't worry, your MAL list is actually being fetched correctly on your Facebook account: https://animereleasenotifier.com/+ShyGuyFTW
There is currently no "beautiful" output though, only this text mess under "JSON" - but it works.

So everyone: Please wait a little bit more, I'm doing my best to make this product as awesome as possible and I need more time to finish it.
AkyJan 1, 2016 9:45 PM
Jan 3, 2016 3:37 AM

Nov 2012
ARN 3.0 is coming soon and it's a complete remake. Why a remake, you might ask:

- ARN 1.0 was just a Chrome Extension with no server.
-> Not viable because it drained too much battery with an average of ~40 network requests for 1 list.
- ARN 2.0 had Chrome, Firefox and Android app together with a server written in PHP.
-> Huge improvement, only 1 network request! But PHP is too old and it's a maintenance horror. It takes too much time to release new features.
- ARN 3.0 will be based on a brand-new web framework which KicksAss™, especially in productivity and performance.
-> If you're interested, I developed 3 anime list providers in 3 hours including all the parsing.

ARN 3.0 is currently in Early Alpha and I moved it to a new domain: notify.me...but I asked Yui from K-On to register it and she entered... https://notify.moe/ (笑)
In ARN 2.0 some people criticized that they needed to create accounts which was annoying. Therefore I added 1-click Facebook/Google logins. No manual account creation needed.
4 list providers, 1 anime provider and 1 airing date provider are currently available.
The Chrome Extension should be working as well (install from the website).

I'll keep you updated. Again, sorry for the long downtime, everyone.
As always, if something is not working for you, feel free to contact me.
Jan 4, 2016 5:15 AM

Nov 2012
@Annuvin: Thanks for pointing it out, improvement of the matching algorithm is in the works.
Jan 8, 2016 4:41 AM

Nov 2012
I am happy to announce that ARN now has push notifications: Activate them via the settings page.

When you press "Enable Notifications" your device gets added to the list of devices you want to receive notifications on.

You need a browser that supports push notifications and service workers (only Chrome at the time of writing this, Firefox doesn't have it yet).
Theoretically it should work on Android as well but I still need to do more testing (it didn't work on my phone).

You do not need to keep notify.moe open to receive push notifications.

Why push notifications?
Instead of making each user constantly check if there is a new release ARN will simply send you a push notification when there is a new episode for the anime you are watching. Your internet connection doesn't suffer like it would do with constant polling. The energy usage on mobile phones is also much lower.

Stay tuned for more interesting updates.
AkyJan 8, 2016 4:48 AM
Jan 10, 2016 4:45 PM
May 2013
Aky said:
I am happy to announce that ARN now has push notifications: Activate them via the settings page.

When you press "Enable Notifications" your device gets added to the list of devices you want to receive notifications on.

You need a browser that supports push notifications and service workers (only Chrome at the time of writing this, Firefox doesn't have it yet).
Theoretically it should work on Android as well but I still need to do more testing (it didn't work on my phone).

You do not need to keep notify.moe open to receive push notifications.

Why push notifications?
Instead of making each user constantly check if there is a new release ARN will simply send you a push notification when there is a new episode for the anime you are watching. Your internet connection doesn't suffer like it would do with constant polling. The energy usage on mobile phones is also much lower.

Stay tuned for more interesting updates.

Thanks for update and I will wait for Android version release soon, keep it up!
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

Jan 10, 2016 4:48 PM
May 2013
Ratan12 said:
Animekid3 said:

Project is dead.

Lol, it back though XD
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

Jan 15, 2016 1:08 AM

Nov 2012
A little status update: I'm working on improving core features at the moment before adding new providers and features.
By core features I mean the accuracy of the matching. The "exceptions" where manual editing is needed will now be stored based on Anilist titles (HB & MAL & AP are matched to Anilist titles). You can see an early version here: https://notify.moe/anime (doesn't include anime provider links yet).
Advantage: Instead of having 4 different titles in the exception list for an anime provider only 1 is required (for the Anilist/ARN title, or ID to be precise).

After the matching algorithm improvements I plan to add some new providers. See https://notify.moe/roadmap for a more detailed ToDo list.
Jan 24, 2016 3:25 AM

Nov 2012
I released a little update for anime pages, see here: https://notify.moe/anime/21256
Openings are now automatically found on soundcloud, however the automatic search is not perfect.
It often leads to wrong matches (especially for the wrong season) but it can be improved in the future.

There's also a new feedback page where you can complain about anything.

You can now link to the trailer video of anime at a certain position in the video and it will autoplay if you send it to someone (caution, autoplay): https://notify.moe/anime/21256/video/30s

As always, feel free to ask for improvements you'd like to see, either here or via the new feedback page.
Jan 25, 2016 7:30 AM

Nov 2012
Psssht. CrunchyRoll! https://notify.moe/settings

(currently the anime needs to have a crunchyroll link on anilist to work with CrunchyRoll - in the future they will be auto-generated)
Jan 27, 2016 4:31 AM

Nov 2012
FIREFOX WORKS #FIREWORX

(push notifications, requires Firefox ver. 44 which was just released)

Edit: Android notifications work, too! It’s freaking Christmas. Enjoy! :)
AkyJan 27, 2016 5:22 AM
Jan 29, 2016 6:43 AM

Nov 2012
Anime Notifier now has a discord chat server which is for both text and voice chat (use whatever you prefer).
Feel free to message me in the chat for any problems you encounter, or just chat with other members (lots of gamers there).
Jan 30, 2016 11:50 PM

Nov 2012
Completely new Chrome Extension available now!

Just go to chrome://extensions/ to enable developer mode temporarily and click on "Update extensions now".

Jan 31, 2016 3:40 AM

Nov 2012
Firefox extension has also been released. Enjoy!
Feb 1, 2016 5:02 AM
May 4, 2016 10:16 AM

Jun 2015
Thanks very helpful :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2016 5:56 AM

Nov 2012
New stuff:

* Fixed 91Days, orange and New Game available episode counts
* Added a messaging system where the recipient receives a push notification
* Added a forum where you can report bugs or just talk about stuff
* Redesigned the sub-navigation page
* Anime search now uses a centered layout
* Profile pages now show osu ranking points (when more than 1k)
* Heavily improved site performance
* Minor bugfixes to the matching code for certain providers
AkyAug 13, 2016 5:51 PM
Aug 16, 2016 2:35 AM

Nov 2012
Aug 17, 2016 4:24 AM

Nov 2012
Aug 19, 2016 1:07 AM

Nov 2012
Aug 28, 2016 1:33 AM

Nov 2012
Firefox extension problems have been solved :)
Aug 28, 2016 2:52 AM

Oct 2014
Firefox extension doesn't work for me it keeps loading I'm using version 45.3.0 esr
Aug 28, 2016 3:55 AM

Nov 2012
@Cnon
I tried seeing what problem you have by installing Firefox ESR 45.3.0 but it worked flawlessly on my PC. Weird.
Aug 28, 2016 5:11 AM

Oct 2014
Aky said:
@Cnon
I tried seeing what problem you have by installing Firefox ESR 45.3.0 but it worked flawlessly on my PC. Weird.

I tried disabling other addons didn't work
Aug 29, 2016 6:21 AM

Nov 2012
Cnon said:

I'm very sorry that it's not working for you. If only I had more hints or could reproduce it myself...

Another Firefox user from HummingBird told me it worked for him. Not sure what's going on here.
Aug 29, 2016 6:27 AM

Oct 2014
Aky said:
Cnon said:

I'm very sorry that it's not working for you. If only I had more hints or could reproduce it myself...

Another Firefox user from HummingBird told me it worked for him. Not sure what's going on here.

It's okay I don't really watch ongoing anime anyway just wanted to try it out
Sep 4, 2016 12:10 AM
Oct 6, 2016 3:21 AM

Nov 2012
October 6 - Update notes

(login problems fixed, maintenance is finally over)
AkyOct 14, 2016 9:05 PM
Oct 14, 2016 9:05 PM

Nov 2012
October 15 - Update notes

(need to manually re-enable notifications)
Oct 17, 2016 6:27 AM

Sep 2016
It wont let me login, Google, Facebook and Twitter are giving me a
504 Gateway Time-out
nginx/1.11.3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2016 4:38 AM

Nov 2012
November 01 - Update notes

(mostly maintenance patches)
Nov 11, 2016 2:11 AM
Dec 28, 2016 4:03 PM
Jul 2016
Hi ,
Please i have a problem , the loading time is taking longer than usual ( loading list from MAL ) , with nice message always there, I just notice it.

I inspected the element to know the problem , can you fix it please and thank you ^_^

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 504 ()
VM67:2 Uncaught (in promise) SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0
at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
at $.getJSON.then.catch.e (eval at $.executeScripts.n (scripts.js:1), <anonymous>:2:3864)
$.getJSON.then.catch.e @ VM67:2
Feb 28, 2017 10:16 AM
Dec 2016
Help me in filling the format to get notoified..
should i fill all and what things ahould i fill to get notified??????help needed plzzzzzz
Mar 5, 2017 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
@Aky please help me, it doesn't update...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 5, 2017 8:58 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Aspiring Writer Looking for Feedback

YungStairwell - 11 hours ago

0 by YungStairwell »»
11 hours ago

» Violin repertoire progression 1 month

ToastWithNutella - May 6

2 by Alriven »»
11 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

371 by Just_Augos »»
12 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

5 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 7:38 PM

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

20 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 10:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.