Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 14, 2014 12:32 PM

Nov 2012

4.0 is currently under active development!
notify.moe

Source Code
notify.moe @ GitHub
Extension @ GitHub

Other threads
notify.moe @ Kitsu

AkyNov 11, 2018 10:57 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 14, 2014 12:38 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
This is really helpful, now I shouldn't have to worry about checking so much, thanks! Nice job on it aswell.

Edit: I also love how it shows how many of the airing episodes you've watched so far out of how many have been aired, like Akuma no Riddle 6/6[12]

Edit2: Is there a way for something like One Piece that I can make it so it doesn't notify me when an episode comes out, seeing as I havn't caught up onto 600 or so episodes yet
ShakaMay 14, 2014 12:51 PM
May 14, 2014 1:26 PM

Nov 2012
JOAOAA said:
This is really helpful, now I shouldn't have to worry about checking so much, thanks! Nice job on it aswell.

Edit: I also love how it shows how many of the airing episodes you've watched so far out of how many have been aired, like Akuma no Riddle 6/6[12]

Edit2: Is there a way for something like One Piece that I can make it so it doesn't notify me when an episode comes out, seeing as I havn't caught up onto 600 or so episodes yet

Thanks for the feedback. One thing: The episode shown as 2nd number is technically not the aired episode count but the episode count of the latest released subs. These can differ.

Also that's a good suggestion there: I'll add the exclusion of individual series or series where the episodes difference is greater than 1 in the notifier options.
AkyMay 14, 2014 1:31 PM
May 14, 2014 1:58 PM

May 2010
This is an excellent tool, from what I can tell so far anyways. It helped me realize I forgot to add the count to Captain Earth.

Green means you have episodes to watch, essentially. I'm not sure what the difference is between gray and dark gray. However something can be gray and still have episodes left to watch.
May 18, 2014 3:56 PM

Nov 2012
Uploaded version 0.1.0 which includes custom anime filters, 2 bugfixes and an additional notifier option (max episode difference).

http://puu.sh/8RMM5.png

Right now you need to fetch your list at least once and refresh the options menu after that. This will change in a future version.

@Thrashinuva: Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. For those that stay gray, here's an explanation and a little change:

When the available episode count can't be queried for an anime it will display a red question mark now. The algorithm tries to find an anime on nyaa by the romaji title and modifying it, however that doesn't always work. If you encounter an anime with a red question mark where you know that a downloadable version exists on nyaa please let me know about the name changes that need to be made.

Example: Fairy Tail (2014) doesn't find the correct version, hence my extension changes it to Fairy Tail S2.

@JOAOAA:
The new option "max episode difference" lets you tell the notifier to only notify you when you are up to X episodes behind the latest. This will prevent notifications from anime where you are e.g. 100 episodes behind the latest.

Edit: I am aware of Mahouka showing wrong episode count.
AkyMay 18, 2014 4:10 PM
May 18, 2014 4:05 PM

Dec 2011
Can you do it for Firefox? I really dislike Chrome.
May 18, 2014 9:48 PM

May 2010
Right now my only problem with it is that it crashes all the time. Just the extension. I have no problem reloading it, but the prompt disappears while I'm not paying attention or watching a full screen video or something. I have to go to the extensions tab in Chrome to reload it, as the icon on my bar thingy disappears too.

I'll probably continue to use it either way. I love it.
May 19, 2014 1:12 AM

Nov 2012
@Hystery: I probably could if I really wanted to. However I have 2 active projects at the moment, my time is very limited. If someone suddenly donated a neat amount and said he'd like a Firefox version I'd consider shifting my priorities and making this one of my main projects. However I don't believe this is going to happen.

@Thrashinuva: Could you make your list non-private so I can test it with yours? I never heard of crashes from the ~50 users and it's very unlikely, actually. However, to confirm it, I would need to test it with your list.
May 19, 2014 10:52 AM

May 2010
Actually it hasn't crashed since yesterday which is odd. I'll let you do that though, but I think it's more likely not to be an issue with my list exactly.
May 25, 2014 3:52 AM

Nov 2012
Uploaded version 0.1.3 which has a new "completed" state shown in blue and fixes a little bug with recently finished series.

http://puu.sh/90jj5.png

It's now possible to set up custom search titles for each anime. This should fix the issues with Isshukan Friends and other anime using different titles by each sub provider. Note that you have to refresh the options page after entering a different title to update the list of subs (will be changed in a future version).

http://puu.sh/90kKt.png
Jul 13, 2014 6:18 AM

Nov 2012
I updated the extension to 0.1.5 which solves several issues with Psycho Pass New Edit and some other anime.

It's also open source now, if someones wants to modify it:
https://github.com/blitzprog/anime-release-notifier
Jul 13, 2014 6:36 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Wow ok I was a bit sceptical to this but I decided to try it out at least and honestly this is super useful. I mean I tend to keep good track of what I'm watching and check for updates from the subbers I'm using very often so it's not really *necessary* but it's very handy to just have this instead.

The only flaw is that some of the good subbers don't actually use nyaa so they won't be eligable to be tracked under search filters (like Doki.co for example) but still it'll massively cut down on the amount of pages you need to frequently visit in order to keep yourself updated.

Nicely done ^^
Jul 13, 2014 9:05 AM
Jul 2014
Just letting you know nice work. It's a simple but effective extension. I probably would use it a lot more if I wasn't already using the Shana Project.
Jul 13, 2014 12:00 PM
Jul 2014
This is cool. Thanks
Jul 15, 2014 1:10 PM

Nov 2012
@HaXXspetten, @engReverse, @Nintendo-Pri: Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it.

I uploaded version 0.1.6 which comes with noticeable performance improvements. In earlier versions the airing time was fetched after the anime list has been loaded, now it's done at the same time in parallel leading to a much faster loading time.
Jul 15, 2014 2:55 PM
Dec 2011
Hystery said:
Can you do it for Firefox? I really dislike Chrome.

This would be nice.
Jul 15, 2014 7:11 PM
Jun 2014
Awesome! Thanks a lot.
Kronie is mai waifu.
Enema is my master.
Shadowslave13 is my loli milk provider.
Flume is my dark magic buddy cop sidekick™.
And Afshar was my first MAL friend ;-;

I have coveted these people, so that I may one day sacrifice them in the name of love.
Jul 15, 2014 8:05 PM

Apr 2009
Also pinging for a firefox port! Maybe perhaps I can try if I have free time
Jul 16, 2014 1:54 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Think it would be possible to do a manga version of some sort as well btw? Like hook it up to Mangaupdates instead of Nyaa or similar?
Jul 17, 2014 4:41 AM

Nov 2012
Thanks for the feedback.

@aiueowave, @DragonBlade:
Concerning Firefox port: It's possible, but it's almost a complete rewrite as the architecture is different. I'll think about it.

@HaXXspetten:
Concerning Manga version: As with Firefox port, it's possible, but it would be a complete remake.

I'm not making any money with this project so I can only offer my free time to do it (unless someone wants to donate a lot towards a certain feature). I'll keep this up to date, but additional features like the firefox port or a manga version would require a lot of time again. Please keep this in mind.
AkyJul 17, 2014 4:44 AM
Jul 17, 2014 5:03 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
yeah of course, not making any demands, just curious about what can theoretically be done and not
Jul 17, 2014 11:35 PM

Oct 2013
hm, i don't know if it is just me, but for hunter x hunter, i am getting weird displays.
it says i've watched 1/21 when in MAL it displays 138/-.
i don't know if this has been reported yet, and i apologize in advance if it is. just thought i share this.

overall i think it is a great program!

here is a screenshot:
[spoiler][spoiler]
Jul 17, 2014 11:51 PM

Nov 2012
@Yarii: That's because the subbers misleadingly call it "Hunter x Hunter" instead of "Hunter x Hunter (2011)".

You can fix it, either:
a) Go to options, search "Hunter" and enter "Hunter x Hunter" as a custom search title.
b) Wait for next version.

Thanks for the report.

Edit: I just noticed the watched episode count is still wrong after this, I'll look into it.
Edit 2: Found the problem and uploaded the fix with version 0.1.7.
AkyJul 18, 2014 1:12 AM
Jul 25, 2014 11:52 PM

Nov 2012
Just wanted to let you know:

I tried porting it to Firefox quickly but there are some parts that I just can't reuse and would have to rewrite completely. The architecture is different. It is possible, but don't expect anything soon.
Jul 26, 2014 9:38 AM

May 2013
Thanks for making this Chrome extension! It's really convenient since I can't remember the entire airing schedule for each season.

I've looked through the code and it looks like you don't filter by subs yet when querying Nyaatorrents. Is that right? When you do implement it, will it be easy to filter for raw anime as well?
Jul 26, 2014 10:05 AM

Jul 2014
Looks great !
Jul 26, 2014 11:03 AM

Oct 2013
Can you add for anime provider http://kissanime.com/Status/Ongoing/LatestUpdate or http://okanime.com/ if possible thanks for this wonderful extension .
Jul 26, 2014 7:50 PM

Apr 2010
This is really neat, I'm definitely going to give it a try!
Jul 27, 2014 9:56 AM

Nov 2012
@porygonzebra:
You can filter by subs and/or quality in Options > Filters. Raw anime aren't supported atm.

@KAMIN_A, @A7MAD111, @Rueby:
Thanks for the feedback.

I might add more backends but my free time is very very limited as this is not my main project at the moment.
AkyJul 27, 2014 10:25 AM
Jul 27, 2014 12:05 PM

Nov 2012
I uploaded version 0.1.9 which contains *very* experimental alpha support for KissAnime.com.

Your chances of an anime title currently working are ~50% at best. Still I guess it can be used for a few selected titles.
Note: Real-time notifications aren't available yet, for Kissanime.
AkyJul 27, 2014 12:11 PM
Jul 27, 2014 1:27 PM

Oct 2013
Aky said:
I uploaded version 0.1.9 which contains *very* experimental alpha support for KissAnime.com.

Your chances of an anime title currently working are ~50% at best. Still I guess it can be used for a few selected titles.
Note: Real-time notifications aren't available yet, for Kissanime.

Thanks a lot Aky <3
Jul 27, 2014 2:15 PM

Jun 2007
Would also love a firefox version.
Jul 27, 2014 4:34 PM

Jun 2014
Great job on this, refreshing pages constantly was a pain and just forgetting them was common.
Sep 4, 2014 1:40 AM

Nov 2012
Update 0.2.2: Added Shana Project alpha support as an alternative to nyaa / KissAnime because I was annoyed of nyaa being down. However it's very basic and many features are missing. The extension still works best with nyaa.

Update 0.2.3: Added a "new anime" counter to the icon shown in Chrome. The number shown isn't always correct, I'm working on this.

Update 0.2.4: Improved KissAnime support (Aldnoah and Fairy Tail should work now).

You probably know but nyaa is getting DDoS'd, that's why the extension doesn't work correctly atm. Meanwhile you can switch to another backend in the advanced options like KissAnime or Shana if you can sacrifice some features like popup notifications.
Sep 4, 2014 7:24 AM

Feb 2014
Thanks for the info... loving it

"Everything you see on the internet isn't true." -Abraham Lincoln
Sep 25, 2014 4:04 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Please be aware that this extension may cause your IP to be banned by Incapsula due to excessive requests to the site. We are being contacted by a few people using this extension who are being banned from MAL by Incapsula under Error Code 16, and this extension is one commonality between these users. Once banned, the only way to be unbanned is either to wait it out (if it's timed) or contact Crave's support.

My understanding is that the extension pulls the user's list data from MAL at a high and continual frequency: every 5 minutes or even every 1 minute. If this is the case, then this needs to be increased in time; even better, the anime list should be stored on the user's computer and data should only be sent/pulled when the user interacts with the application.

Also, thread moved to Creative Corner; this is the correct board for user creations, even code-related.
KinetaSep 25, 2014 4:07 AM
Sep 25, 2014 5:04 AM

Jul 2013
^wow this extension is very useful and I've only been using this for like a minute until I saw this post. I'll try putting the update time interval for 1hr which is the maximum. Hopefully I won't be banned.
Oct 12, 2014 5:06 AM

Nov 2012
I want to apologize to the people who got IP banned from MAL because of my extension, I'm very sorry. Personally I am not using MAL anymore so when I heard about the bans it was already too late. Hopefully none of this is permanent and you can contact the support to solve the problem, after all you as a user did nothing wrong.

I did not know that a default interval of checking for new releases every 5 minutes would cause an IP ban. It's kind of similar to opening X tabs with the MAL website every 5 minutes. I doubt that this is the reason for the bans. I think the actual reason is that some users have huge watching lists and/or spam the button to query the list too often.

The list is currently not cached, this is entirely my fault. I'm very sorry for this.

If you want to be super safe, you can do it like PrimeX suggested and increase the episode release check interval from 5 minutes to something higher. If you have a long anime watching list that might help.

I have been on a flight to Kyoto and still am busy with my real life so I do not have the time to fix it yet. But it is open-source so in theory an experienced programmer could fix it:
https://github.com/blitzprog/anime-release-notifier

I'm very sorry about the problems this has caused. ごめんなさい。
Oct 13, 2014 6:36 PM

Nov 2012
Update 0.2.6:
- Added hummingbird.me support (thanks to fuzetsu for making this)
Oct 19, 2014 6:52 PM

Nov 2012
Update 0.2.7:
- Fixed sorting by airing date

Update 0.2.8:
- Fixed Trinity Seven search title

Update 0.2.9:
- Added multiple sorting options (airing date, alphabetical, no sorting)
- Added opacity options (by airing date or always full opacity)
Feb 13, 2015 9:08 AM

Nov 2012
Anime Release Notifier is getting a fresh new Android app:

- Uses your global Anime Release Notifier account (therefore settings saved online for every device)
- Much better anime recognition algorithm (little improvements for Nyaa, huge improvements for KissAnime)
- Series with episode offsets are supported now (Aldnoah Zero 2 is internally handled as Season 1 with an offset of 12 episodes)
- Lots of performance improvements: Especially the super-fast caching of your anime list. If you're living in Europe it should take less than 100 ms (0.1 s) to fetch your data (Amsterdam server). If you're living at the end of the world aka Japan like me, it still only takes ~300 ms (0.3 s).
- Battery friendly: Whereas the old chrome extension uses around 2 requests per anime and therefore would result in 20 requests for an anime list with 10 entries, the Android app and the new Chrome Extension use 1 request only. That's right, no matter how big your list is, the app will only connect to the internet once to get everything it needs in a single request.

All of the improvements are coming to the Chrome Extension as well. In fact it's already on GitHub but I'm still polishing it before I publish it.

There is also a new website where you need to create an account sooner or later. As E-Mail is one of the most hated communication systems from the view of a developer, the account activation mail happens to land in spam or doesn't arrive at all depending on the mood of your E-Mail provider even though it's signed validated by SPF and DKIM-signed. If you encounter account activation problems message me and I will personally fix it for your account.

In order to join the Alpha or Beta test for the Android app you need to do one of these 2 things:

a) Join the Google+ Community (easier & faster)
b) Join the Google Group

These are the requirements of the Google Play Store for alpha and beta testers of Android apps.
After that please inform me somewhere (in this thread or via pm) if you're interested in alpha & beta test or only the beta test.
Feb 14, 2015 2:49 AM

Feb 2015
Thanks for this one ;)
Feb 14, 2015 7:11 PM

Nov 2012
The Firefox extension is available for testing now. It's still missing some features of the chrome counterpart (e.g. automatically check for new releases) but you will see it grow in the future.

The more people install it, the more time I'm going to invest in the Firefox port.

Same as with the android app, an ARN account is required.
Feb 17, 2015 5:05 AM

Nov 2012
ARN for Chrome 1.0.0 is out now.
You will have a snappier experience (faster loading times), better anime recognition (__especially__ on KissAnime) and overall simplified code.

Around 200-300 hours went into making, testing and improving the infrastructure and it's still not finished, this is just the _beginning_.

P.S. You might notice that some old features didn't make it into this release.
I apologize for that but they will be implemented in a generic way for all devices / platforms soon.
Feb 18, 2015 7:09 PM
Jan 2015
Really like this mod but the latest update (1.0.0) is kinda buggy, its showing me that there is a new episode of Dog Days even tho my animelist is updated, also that Shingeki no Kyojin Kuinaki Sentaku ova 2 is available even tho no result showing up nyaa
LinglolFeb 18, 2015 7:15 PM
Feb 19, 2015 6:13 AM

Nov 2012
Hi Linglol,

Dog Days S3 should be fixed now.
Shingeki OVA is a bit harder to fix, sorry for the inconvenience.
AkyFeb 19, 2015 6:24 AM
Feb 19, 2015 2:45 PM
Jan 2015
Thanks Aky for fast fix
Feb 21, 2015 2:28 AM

Nov 2012
Ever found yourself in the situation of being asked "Which anime did you see?" ?
Well, multiple times personally.

ARN Android - Update 0.1.4
- Can now display your completed anime list on your phone/tablet/whatever

Just swipe to the left and it should show the currently unsorted completed anime. Sorting will be implemented in a future version.
As always, the Google Play store is taking its sweet time until the upload is available for all users, don't be surprised if it still shows 0.1.3 as the latest version for you.
Feb 27, 2015 4:15 AM

Nov 2012
Due to the fact that MAL's use of Incapsula is blocking the access from my server to their website and their API, MAL as a provider currently doesn't work.

I already tried to get the app whitelisted many weeks ago but it seems noone took care of it.

Does anybody have an idea who I can contact to get my server whitelisted?

I am very, very sorry for the inconveniences.
Mar 23, 2015 10:03 PM

Nov 2012
It's not 100% official yet but it seems Incapsula is not blocking our servers anymore, big thanks to Kineta, Xinil and the MAL support!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - 7 hours ago

1 by TheMechaManiac »»
3 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

361 by panque »»
6 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - New brand

abambata - Apr 13

3 by abambata »»
7 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

3 by abambata »»
7 hours ago

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

25 by hypergoob »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.