Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 20, 2014 7:17 AM

Oct 2011
SolviteSekai said:

Dropped the show, still felt the need to white knight girls and act like anime is disgusting.

Bro. Its just cartoons. Nobody is making a political statement.

I never white knighted anything, nor did I make any political statement - I just shot down your pitiful excuse for healthy sexuality. There are other - better - excuses you could have used for the show. Something that actually makes sense?

Anime can be great, it can be weird, it can be amazing, and it can be disgusting. I never once said that Captain Earth was disgusting. All I said was that sex-wise, it was bias and overflowing with useless fanservice.

SolviteSekai said:

I hate this website and the ridiculous amount of pseudo-intellectualism going on here.

If you want psuedo-intelectualism, go talk to someone else.

SolviteSekai said:

The show is meant to be a fun cartoon about robots and the same 10-15 people are here, once again, raging because this isn't a masterpiece of modern fiction.

I never expect a masterpiece out of Bones anymore - they're too busy wasting money on animation, while not bothering to make anything make sense.

Point is, I'm in no rush to make a fuss or start an internet argument. Show off your maturity and show me that you can back down as well.

It's just cartoons, right "Bro?"
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
May 25, 2014 8:47 AM

Jan 2014
Keten said:
*SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 6*
The ones I feel are used in everything were the ones in the recent episode like the, "Take over the world generic bad guy" to the "Bad guy being used by his own subordinates" to the "You cant kill you are a pussy, now ill just wait here with my gun pointed at you giving you full chance to hit me with a boomerang", Also the kidnapping the helpless girl thing but thats so overused its practically not even worth mentioning... Also that is only the cliches with the story, not the characters, which there are plenty of those too. Dont get me wrong though, im not saying these cliches are always bad, they can be done well and in different ways, but Captain Earth does them in ways i've seen dozens of times before.

I don't want to get into cliches from the mecha genre, because as I said before, I have not watched THAT MANY, I've seen like... FLCL, Gurren Lagann, Evangelion, and Escaflowne, along with some Gundam series, but I never marathoned them and I last watched them a while ago. So I don't think I am experienced enough to fully judge what are alright cliches and what aren't. Even so the cliches arent the main thing I dislike about the series, its just that the story bores me, but as I said before, its too early to bash the series yet, I am just judging it based off the episodes I have seen thus far.

Also, I am not knocking anyone for enjoying it, it certainly is beautiful and the sound is gorgeous. And while the characters aren't anything new, they can be fun with their interactions, and Teppei has his moments too.

Well, I'd say some of them are accurate, and some of them not. But that depends on how much you deeply see it, then again I may be exaggerating.

For instance in the case of Amara and Moco, they aren't exactly Kube's "Subordinates". Rather he believes they are, but Amara and Moco are clearly a lot more powerful and dangerous than he is, so the motion of "subordinate" is not really precise here, although I do get your point, but here it works differently.

The Boomerang scene. I could argue some of this, based that firing a Livlaster could have been dangerous, but then Daichi used the boomerang, a weapon sort of, that he's skilled at using, and that would leave any guy weilding a guy speechless. You could say he may have thought of it.

As for characters, there may be cliches, but I feel these guys here are pretty unique. Daichi in particular, I like him for being as mature and determined as he is, but he has made pretty clear, how much of a teenager he still is. Same applies to the rest, and that's real refreshing to see.

Characters like Amara and Moco that have been dubbed "Team Rocket" for many reasons. If that's another cliche, well I'd say that those two are a lot more competent, if anything they thought they would have an easy time, but are seeing they are getting a hard one, so now they are going on the offensive.

I'd say that even if the cliches exist, they are not that relevant or better said are casted aside as time passes, and easily ignored.

bastek66 said:

There something wrong with anime watchers these days... It's like patience is forgotten in these days.
I came to this site from one such place......that needless to say had to much hatred that even after 12 episodes passed, opinions wouldn't change. Unless it was a 100% hit the first episode, it would be dismissed as bad, horrible, and people would hate on it forever and keep watching to hate.

SolviteSekai said:

Dropped the show, still felt the need to white knight girls and act like anime is disgusting.

Bro. Its just cartoons. Nobody is making a political statement.

I hate this website and the ridiculous amount of pseudo-intellectualism going on here.

The show is meant to be a fun cartoon about robots and the same 10-15 people are here, once again, raging because this isn't a masterpiece of modern fiction.
With over 5.5k posts you came to hate this website how? And you claim this place's people is bad? Don't get me started on sites like anime-planet that have become poisonous to almost no redemption.

The people at the currently airing anime are a bunch of haters with inflated egos, huge biases, and a foul mob mentality, if you don't follow on the hatred they have, be prepared to be ganged up. The people there watch only to hate, if the first episode, hell even if the first 5-10 mins did not sell them, then the series is instantly bad and rated -10/10 with more generous reception being -5/10 and it still is rated with hatred.

Seriously this site is a Godsent.
May 27, 2014 11:08 PM

May 2013
SolviteSekai said:

This show really isn't that good as a "fun cartoon about robots". Not sure about the other user and all strange talk about sexuality but most of the characters really aren't that interesting.
May 27, 2014 11:19 PM

Aug 2010
Everything will be obvious soon.
May 27, 2014 11:28 PM

Mar 2013
SolviteSekai said:

The show is meant to be a fun cartoon about robots

Way to read the atmosphere there.
Jun 8, 2014 10:32 AM

Nov 2013
10 episodes in and the story still didn't have any meaningful progress. Also the "child designer of the week" episodes are getting annoying.

This show is either going really slow, or has no idea what it wants to be.

Oh well, at least it has its moments.
Jun 9, 2014 5:37 AM
May 2012
Are you kidding?

How bad is it?

Too early to judge, people. Since it's only episode 10, let's hope & see what happens IF those story become more interesting again.

I guess people had a different sides (one has an opinion & others had a drama like me)
Jun 9, 2014 5:33 PM

Nov 2011
I guess one is not allowed to criticize a show until they've seen all of it.
Jun 11, 2014 1:40 AM

Apr 2012
scatter brained ideas, crappy writing, boring characters etc

i might have enjoyed it if I was still 14 years old o_o

Jun 11, 2014 8:28 PM
May 2012
DragonQuest3 said:

You never know. Since there's more interesting stuff coming in every episode till the end & it started to get good again.
Jun 12, 2014 1:30 AM

Nov 2013
JeffreyZin said:
DragonQuest3 said:

You never know. Since there's more interesting stuff coming in every episode till the end & it started to get good again.

No not really. All it managed to do is add more characters and more questions with not many answers. If anything, it makes less sense than before now.
Jun 14, 2014 12:45 PM

Sep 2010
If it's so bad to all of you then don't watch it?
It's a pretty simple concept really. Get over yourselves, and instead of ruining other peoples fun go find something else you actually like.
Jun 14, 2014 1:24 PM

Nov 2013
FenixDragon43 said:
It's a pretty simple concept really. Get over yourselves, and instead of ruining other peoples fun go find something else you actually like.

Personally I don't find it "so bad." Just slightly above average. It's entertaining enough to keep me watching, that's not to mention the promises made by some people that it will get better later on.
Jun 14, 2014 1:35 PM

Sep 2013
FenixDragon43 said:

It is not ruining others fun to give an opinion. I will admit that when someone goes out of their way to insult others for enjoying something they do not, that is not cool, but Criticizing a show is perfectly justified if they feel it does not live up to what they wanted.

I don't like dropping shows because I like getting full pictures of how good a show actually is from beginning to end from my perspective as opposed to taking others words for it. If I start a show, I finish it, even if I think it sucks, because if there is anything in it worth watching, I'd like to experience that. Even though I personally find Captain Earth below average, I still think Akari is fun, and the Team Rocket Duo are delightfully campy.

If people do not voice their opinions on shows then that just allows the studios to continue making shows they personally do not like. If only the people who like a show watch it through to the end, that means it gives them full points to say, "Well I watched all of it, therefore my opinion matters more." Not that that statement is entirely accurate, but I have seen others go down that route. While you may say those who don't like a show shouldn't watch it, others will say don't judge a show unless you've seen all of it.

Instead of telling a group of people to shut up, why not actually address the problems they have with the show and try to put your point of view out there? Then others can have a delightful conversation of opposing viewpoints, preferably without going down insulting territory, because that is how debates are supposed to be handled. If you cannot address the problems they have and justify your point of view but you still enjoy the show, ignore them.
Jun 14, 2014 1:44 PM

Mar 2013
Keten said:
FenixDragon43 said:

It is not ruining others fun to give an opinion. I will admit that when someone goes out of their way to insult others for enjoying something they do not, that is not cool, but Criticizing a show is perfectly justified if they feel it does not live up to what they wanted.

I don't like dropping shows because I like getting full pictures of how good a show actually is from beginning to end from my perspective as opposed to taking others words for it. If I start a show, I finish it, even if I think it sucks, because if there is anything in it worth watching, I'd like to experience that. Even though I personally find Captain Earth below average, I still think Akari is fun, and the Team Rocket Duo are delightfully campy.

If people do not voice their opinions on shows then that just allows the studios to continue making shows they personally do not like. If only the people who like a show watch it through to the end, that means it gives them full points to say, "Well I watched all of it, therefore my opinion matters more." Not that that statement is entirely accurate, but I have seen others go down that route. While you may say those who don't like a show shouldn't watch it, others will say don't judge a show unless you've seen all of it.

Instead of telling a group of people to shut up, why not actually address the problems they have with the show and try to put your point of view out there? Then others can have a delightful conversation of opposing viewpoints, preferably without going down insulting territory, because that is how debates are supposed to be handled. If you cannot address the problems they have and justify your point of view but you still enjoy the show, ignore them.

Bones shows in general tend to have a slow start and don't get intense until the 2nd cour (considering if its 2-cour series, if its 1-cour like episode 6-7ish?), still even though its pretty average so far i'm enjoying none the less. I just watch anime not expecting a master piece every season and who knows a show might surprise me and become a gem.

Also @Keten agreed definitely, the "if you think it sucks then don't watch the show" has always been an annoying rebuttal. If a person just blatantly hates a show with no intelligent and/or constructive criticism for the hate then of course its justified, but if its supported by a criticism then it just becomes a ridiculous rebuttal...
Jun 14, 2014 5:44 PM

Jun 2014
I would disagree. The show isn't that "bad" so much as missing aspects as much as that the general viewership (people posting here) seems to agree that it is missing important aspects. The show is based on a certain audience and not everyone will like it. Besides, critics always make the show better off! I wouldn't have watched the series except for the fact that someone made this derogatory topic :P! I especially love generic statements and absolute statements. We all like to post our own opinions right?
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Jun 14, 2014 10:43 PM

Jan 2014
SalmonSandwich said:

Also @Keten agreed definitely, the "if you think it sucks then don't watch the show" has always been an annoying rebuttal. If a person just blatantly hates a show with no intelligent and/or constructive criticism for the hate then of course its justified, but if its supported by a criticism then it just becomes a ridiculous rebuttal...
Issue is people make their point of "they don't like the show because a, b, c reasons" and keep on over-repeating themselves or watch just so that they can hate later, and frankly both are real overbearing and annoying to stumble across.

I really don't have issues when people dislike something, but they shouldn't really exacervate too much into it either, because it is just asking to seek conflict for nothing.

If you don't like something then say why, and then be done with it. I believe it an absurd to continue with something you don't like, it is as if they "liked it" out of "masochistic pleasure" but otherwise seeks to create unnecessary turbulence.
Jun 15, 2014 6:26 AM

Sep 2013
BGMaxie said:
SalmonSandwich said:

Issue is people make their point of "they don't like the show because a, b, c reasons" and keep on over-repeating themselves or watch just so that they can hate later, and frankly both are real overbearing and annoying to stumble across.

I really don't have issues when people dislike something, but they shouldn't really exacervate too much into it either, because it is just asking to seek conflict for nothing.

If you don't like something then say why, and then be done with it. I believe it an absurd to continue with something you don't like, it is as if they "liked it" out of "masochistic pleasure" but otherwise seeks to create unnecessary turbulence.

I explained very clearly why I like to watch things through to the end. It is the completely opposite of your "Just to hate later" theory. It is so I can get as much good out of a show as I can. I want to see all the good and bad bits a show has and I do not repeat myself unless it calls for it.

I agree that if a person rambles on the same problems they have it is annoying, and if a person has no basis for their complaints than that is also annoying. I bring up issues as I see them and I bring up good things as I see them every episode because quite frankly I am taking an unbias mind towards it as EVERYONE should instead of blindly hating or blindly liking something.

If I was just watching to hate on the show I would give it a 1 or a 2, but I gave it a 4 because there are things in it I do enjoy, and if others can get more enjoyment out of it than I can, I do not mind that seeing as anime is a form of entertainment, so that is good. That is what opinions are for, to share points of view.

Saying not to exacerbate shows that certain issues are not as important to you as they are to others, but the problems I bring up are problems I feel are TRULY bad.

If you can answer my issues then I would be happy to have a polite discussion with you. That is what threads like this are for, to discuss why something is bad or not. As you can see, SO FAR, I have less good things than bad or at least the bad things have more relevance in my opinion to how good the show is since character and story are the most important things in an anime, thus I feel it deserves it's 4/10 from me SO FAR. It could get better, it could get worse, but I know if I keep watching I will get something out of it, cause I like to experience things.

PS. Sorry for the long reply.
KetenJun 15, 2014 10:15 AM
Jun 15, 2014 11:24 AM

Jan 2014
Keten said:

I explained very clearly why I like to watch things through to the end. It is the completely opposite of your "Just to hate later" theory. It is so I can get as much good out of a show as I can. I want to see all the good and bad bits a show has and I do not repeat myself unless it calls for it.

I agree that if a person rambles on the same problems they have it is annoying, and if a person has no basis for their complaints than that is also annoying. I bring up issues as I see them and I bring up good things as I see them every episode because quite frankly I am taking an unbias mind towards it as EVERYONE should instead of blindly hating or blindly liking something.

If I was just watching to hate on the show I would give it a 1 or a 2, but I gave it a 4 because there are things in it I do enjoy, and if others can get more enjoyment out of it than I can, I do not mind that seeing as anime is a form of entertainment, so that is good. That is what opinions are for, to share points of view.

Saying not to exacerbate shows that certain issues are not as important to you as they are to others, but the problems I bring up are problems I feel are TRULY bad.

If you can answer my issues then I would be happy to have a polite discussion with you. That is what threads like this are for, to discuss why something is bad or not. As you can see, SO FAR, I have less good things than bad or at least the bad things have more relevance in my opinion to how good the show is since character and story are the most important things in an anime, thus I feel it deserves it's 4/10 from me SO FAR. It could get better, it could get worse, but I know if I keep watching I will get something out of it, cause I like to experience things.

PS. Sorry for the long reply.
Except some people say "imma watch it to rate better until the end" and still post their hatred after each subsequent episode. That's the thing that annoys me. From what I've been seeing so far, you're keeping a more modest and more centered profile so it is fine.

I don't think there is not development, and I do like the characters to be honest. Daichi is a very special lead. He's responsible, heroic if you want, but when not in action he's portrayed as much as a teenager as possible, that's what I like about him, because he feels natural, same the rest that behave like teenagers because THAT'S what they are. As mature as they may be they are still young kids, they need to show more lively daily routines. Daichi and Akari do that perfectly and Teppei and Hana are a bit of an exception since they grew on a very different background.

Teppei isn't my favourite character but he has had some development, that much is a given, in which both his human and alien side are explored so I like that depth.

Zimbalt had the most development of the Planetary Gears with the background being more deep, the rest were more shallow and that made it rushed, gonna agree with you there. But the latest episode gives now a bit more insight on what their lives have been. Lin has been one of Mao's guinea pigs just like Setsuna, or so it seems.

As for Amara and Moco, now we have more idea too of what they are. They awoke up when they were kids and became aliens at a very young age, no wonder they are as arrogant and daring as they are with their actions. Amara in special left the Moon as it is and killed Daichi's father, so he is prideful to the core.

Development can happen in both ways, by giving background or by changing the character. This series has taken its time to do that but by now I have a better picture of it and it is enjoyable.

I agree the animation is gorgeous and the whole sequence being too long -_-'
At the very least we have more combat on ground so it isn't a major issue. And the introduction of these recent plot twists with Setsuna and other factions making their move, I'm enjoying this a lot more. I wanna see Amara on the ring, that's asking to being good. From what I can see the last boy is gonna have some background too.

PS: Guess I replied long too D: anyway thoughts?
Jun 15, 2014 1:39 PM

Feb 2014
it doesnt really pick up until ep7. everything before that feels like it would be the first-second episode of a reg 10-13 episode anime.
Jun 15, 2014 6:00 PM

Sep 2013

Well I disagree about Daichi, he certainly isn't a TERRIBLE character, but I do think he is a little all over the place and generic sometimes. One moment you can relate to him, and the next he shoots a energy blast at a highly expensive government owned tower causing likely thousands of dollars worth of damage all so he can show his friends his boomerang. I do enjoy when he gets like that though cause it is rather enjoyable to see just how insane this kid is. Though I am not a fan when he complains about being called a captain, though luckily it seems hes stopped that. I just don't see too much special about him though other than just being the main character.

I actually like Setsuna so far, I can't say for sure what she'll be like in the future, but her introduction was at least different from the rest of the planetary gears, and the latest episode was indeed really good. I was confused at first but after hearing a reply from someone that episode it wrapped things up for me, and I just missed it. I did think the fact that they didn't suspect anything from Setsuna having a Pink Pitz was odd though, I mean... aren't they aliens too? They can sense aliens... So wouldn't it be weird to see someone who has one? Anyway, regardless.

The story is a tad rushed sometimes, and I think that could have been fixed by either speeding up or cutting out some of the scenes where they are just sitting around in the house near the beginning of the series since I felt those didn't really add too much besides saying that "They hang out". As for Hana... Sorry but she is just a fanservice character. I see no real depth in her yet besides the bumbling girl with a hot body that obliviously shows it off and I just get annoyed when I see her. Shes an MC, and Setsuna with only 1 episode already has me more intrigued than her.

From what I can tell, and the biggest reason I still want to watch the series, though I would watch it regardless, is because it seems like it was foreshadowed there would be some epic battles down the line, and I'd love a huge Planetary Gears vs Midsummer Knights battle. Though I hope they get to it already... It's been a bit slow, besides last episode.
Jun 15, 2014 11:00 PM

Dec 2013
my main problem with the show is that the main characters aren't memorable at all. Daichi is the only character I don't completely despise. I mean, Hiroshi Kamiya is the only reason I can withstand Teppei, the hacker girl is annoying but she's voiced by Rina Hidaka (Enju in Black Bullet) and that's mainly the only thing I can say about her. Hana is the most dull, pointless character ever, yeah sure her character design is pretty and cute, but that's about it, she has NO personality whatsoever, it's just annoying. Also, the 2 bad guys remind me of Team Rocket, a gag that worked at the beginning because it was a kid's show. The animation's really pretty, but it just doesn't save the show from being painfully average

But I digress with the people saying that BONES is getting worse and worse, I feel like Noragami was top-notch and on the top 3 of last season.

It's also worth noting that the only similarity with Eureka Seven is that both are mecha animes
"Living well is the best revenge"
Jun 16, 2014 4:13 PM

Jan 2014
daysun22 said:
my main problem with the show is that the main characters aren't memorable at all. Daichi is the only character I don't completely despise. I mean, Hiroshi Kamiya is the only reason I can withstand Teppei, the hacker girl is annoying but she's voiced by Rina Hidaka (Enju in Black Bullet) and that's mainly the only thing I can say about her. Hana is the most dull, pointless character ever, yeah sure her character design is pretty and cute, but that's about it, she has NO personality whatsoever, it's just annoying. Also, the 2 bad guys remind me of Team Rocket, a gag that worked at the beginning because it was a kid's show. The animation's really pretty, but it just doesn't save the show from being painfully average

But I digress with the people saying that BONES is getting worse and worse, I feel like Noragami was top-notch and on the top 3 of last season.

It's also worth noting that the only similarity with Eureka Seven is that both are mecha animes
If it comes down to voice acting talent, then Amara and Moco are A LOT better being voiced by Kenichi Suzumura and Maaya Sakamoto (I love this duo).

Akari is easily the most memorable character for her antincs and peculiarly unpredictable yet still fun actions, I like her.

Keten said:
Well I disagree about Daichi, he certainly isn't a TERRIBLE character, but I do think he is a little all over the place and generic sometimes. One moment you can relate to him, and the next he shoots a energy blast at a highly expensive government owned tower causing likely thousands of dollars worth of damage all so he can show his friends his boomerang. I do enjoy when he gets like that though cause it is rather enjoyable to see just how insane this kid is. Though I am not a fan when he complains about being called a captain, though luckily it seems hes stopped that. I just don't see too much special about him though other than just being the main character.

I actually like Setsuna so far, I can't say for sure what she'll be like in the future, but her introduction was at least different from the rest of the planetary gears, and the latest episode was indeed really good. I was confused at first but after hearing a reply from someone that episode it wrapped things up for me, and I just missed it. I did think the fact that they didn't suspect anything from Setsuna having a Pink Pitz was odd though, I mean... aren't they aliens too? They can sense aliens... So wouldn't it be weird to see someone who has one? Anyway, regardless.

The story is a tad rushed sometimes, and I think that could have been fixed by either speeding up or cutting out some of the scenes where they are just sitting around in the house near the beginning of the series since I felt those didn't really add too much besides saying that "They hang out". As for Hana... Sorry but she is just a fanservice character. I see no real depth in her yet besides the bumbling girl with a hot body that obliviously shows it off and I just get annoyed when I see her. Shes an MC, and Setsuna with only 1 episode already has me more intrigued than her.

From what I can tell, and the biggest reason I still want to watch the series, though I would watch it regardless, is because it seems like it was foreshadowed there would be some epic battles down the line, and I'd love a huge Planetary Gears vs Midsummer Knights battle. Though I hope they get to it already... It's been a bit slow, besides last episode.
I think that part when he blew the freaking antenna is the moment where you relate with him the most. It wasn't just "screw the rules" it was something he considered just, he wanted to free them if even for a bit.

The squirrel thing was odd indeed, I wonder if it is just the spur of the moment or if the squirrels aren't "that" alien, or just a mistake, I wouldn't know. Time will tell if it is relevant or not.

The hang out parts are enjoyable. They are fun, and they show more about the characters. Even if it isn't plot-wise relevant it still shows them in another aspect and I like that. I agree about Hana, so far she's a hottie (I prefer white skinned girls though) with a dull personality, then again living the way she has, makes her naive, same Teppei, I mean he's the only one unfazed by nude Hana '-' (though his awakening changed stuff). I do hope that Hana becomes more important, not sure how that will be done, but being a creation of the Planetary Gears, she's likely to play a major role later on.

And I'd like that of a full-scale battle vs the Planetary Gears, that would be amazing.
Jun 17, 2014 5:33 AM

Jul 2012
Is not like this show is bad. Is more like everyone were expecting some Ginga Bishounen gorgeousness and got a detailed and slow world building featuring a Transformers x Team Rocket crossover instead.

Anyway, I'm liking it so far, I just think it didn't blossomed yet.
Jun 24, 2014 4:55 AM
May 2012
I feel like I'm gonna kill myself IF they never explained that 'Where are the others?' thingy.

Jun 27, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2014
MohdJeffreyZin said:
I feel like I'm gonna kill myself IF they never explained that 'Where are the others?' thingy.

If you mean the Designer Childs locations, Puck gave Amara the info.
Jun 28, 2014 6:32 PM

Jun 2012
Didnt know so many people disliked this.
Jun 28, 2014 10:49 PM

Jan 2014
dragonlight said:
Me neither. I think there are more people who are ok with it, rather than dislike it (there are people that dislike it though).

I do like the series, I find the themes good, the pacing is fine it takes its time to build. Whenever plot is revealed it is very good. The voice cast is gorgeous too.

I like it, what about you?
Jun 29, 2014 12:30 AM

May 2010
this show went down hill after the first few episodes.i actually got hopes for this but it turned out sooo damn average in every aspect except maybe the animation quality but even i get tired from seeing that same launch-assembling scene every damn episode.

characters are typical cliche, unbelieveable and underdeveloped stereotypes. just look at the guys who are supposed to be the threat/badguys! wtf?

5/10 show after 13 episodes. quite the dissapointment.

and if you see the rating its obvious ppl dont like it.
Jun 29, 2014 5:05 AM
May 2012
Seems that so many stuffs that just 'skipped' it.

Jun 29, 2014 5:29 AM
May 2012
dragonlight said:

I guess people had an opposite side then.

Now after 13 episodes, THIS anime starting to get me nerves when it comes to 'what just happened' all the time.

I mean so many questions that I've been post in episode discussion thread but still NO one cares. I guess I am the only person who seen this.

God, please save me from this hellhole. I've been overreacting things over anime all the time till I've been taking it so seriously, that IS why.
JafriZinJun 29, 2014 6:34 AM
Jun 29, 2014 7:09 AM

Jan 2014
I dont think it deserves to be called bad, but its nothing that blows you off your chair. I think the soundtrack and animation is decent, but the story and characters are a but so-so. I agree with the "average" stamp.
"Down along under Hill, shining in the sunlight. Waiting on the doorstep for the cold starlight."
Jun 29, 2014 7:33 AM

Jan 2014
MohdJeffreyZin said:
dragonlight said:

I guess people had an opposite side then.

Now after 13 episodes, THIS anime starting to get me nerves when it comes to 'what just happened' all the time.

I mean so many questions that I've been post in episode discussion thread but still NO one cares. I guess I am the only person who seen this.

God, please save me from this hellhole. I've been overreacting things over anime all the time till I've been taking it so seriously, that IS why.
Questions like what?

Kerozinn said:
this show went down hill after the first few episodes.i actually got hopes for this but it turned out sooo damn average in every aspect except maybe the animation quality but even i get tired from seeing that same launch-assembling scene every damn episode.

characters are typical cliche, unbelieveable and underdeveloped stereotypes. just look at the guys who are supposed to be the threat/badguys! wtf?

5/10 show after 13 episodes. quite the dissapointment.

and if you see the rating its obvious ppl dont like it.
Of what cliches and stereotypes are you talking about?
Jun 29, 2014 11:42 PM
May 2012
BGMaxie said:
Questions like what?

- Why there is so many timeskip in every episode?
- Will we ever see the other characters who've become one of the Kill T Gang (IDK girl from Ep9, Rin from EP10 & Setsuna) again in the later episode?

Sorry I'm kinda lack of social skills but it's just that I get easily over-reacted with a things like this (No Idea I went bananas sometimes)...
Jul 2, 2014 9:22 AM

Jan 2014
MohdJeffreyZin said:
BGMaxie said:
Questions like what?

- Why there is so many timeskip in every episode?
- Will we ever see the other characters who've become one of the Kill T Gang (IDK girl from Ep9, Rin from EP10 & Setsuna) again in the later episode?

Sorry I'm kinda lack of social skills but it's just that I get easily over-reacted with a things like this (No Idea I went bananas sometimes)...
Considering the website shows them in new clothing, that means they will return '-'

And timeskip? Not sure what you mean here.
Jul 13, 2014 1:07 PM

Mar 2013
the enemies are annoying. It remind me of Team Rocket in Pokemon. They keep losing but will never give up or die.
Jul 22, 2014 6:42 AM
May 2012
zetsubousei_hero said:
the enemies are annoying. It remind me of Team Rocket in Pokemon. They keep losing but will never give up or die.

Hey, I'm pretty sure they becoming more evil & stronger till they end up win.

JafriZinJul 22, 2014 10:12 PM
Jul 22, 2014 7:11 AM

Feb 2011
The shows ok for me. It's not bad , but just doesn't really make me feel excited to watch it every week. Though i'll admit sometimes it gets pretty good like the Baku part.
Jul 22, 2014 5:39 PM

Jan 2014
MohdJeffreyZin said:
BGMaxie said:
And timeskip? Not sure what you mean here.

I'm sorry.

I don't know how to explain all this but, there's so many things left out in most of episode like,

NO idea why I started to get pretty sensitive with this anime anyway.
He fled. Where? Nobody knows, he will prolly appear, eventually. I hope so at least.
Nobody knows, but considering his machine ended up being used by Puck, we can assume he works for him.
Aug 5, 2014 9:49 PM

Feb 2012
I disagree with the show being "average and cliche". It's more like it's all over the place, confusing and has a lot of stuff that makes you forget you are even watching a mecha show. There is nothing wrong with cliche mecha done well, like TTGL is among the most succesful modern mecha. Bones (and Xebec) just have shit script writing department.
Aug 7, 2014 8:20 AM

Jul 2012
mecharobot said:
I disagree with the show being "average and cliche". It's more like it's all over the place, confusing and has a lot of stuff that makes you forget you are even watching a mecha show.

^
Aug 10, 2014 11:19 AM

Oct 2007
Honestly I think it's mainly just the Yoji Enokido writing. I know he's written a lot of really popular stuff, but I just find pretty much all of his work aside from Redline so utterly convoluted, pretentious, weird and just kind of needlessly cryptic. That said he's gotten a lot worse since the 90's where at least he almost sort of seemed like he was trying to make some semblance of sense with his scripts with stuff like Utena and Evangelion but the convoluted pretentiousness was still present even then.

I kind of hope this show is his and Igarashi's last foray with mecha anime at Bones and judging by it's utter lack of popularity despite a sizeable budget there's a pretty good chance it will be I'd say.
Aug 16, 2014 2:14 PM
Jul 2012
With my experiences with Bones so far(as of late), most of their animes have been acting under a certain pattern. (There maybe some spoilers of some sort following)

Overall, BONES follows a pattern of having a sluggish pace in their animes lately. If you can't stand/deal with some of them, you're better off coming back after its done and letting the ending make you feel better about it.
Aug 16, 2014 9:19 PM

Aug 2014
I have no problem with this anime! in fact I love it! I'm not a Meccha fan, I know it doesn't compare with NGE nor Code Geass but the story grabbed me, because most of the things are explained after a new episode is aired. Hey that's my opinion n_n
Aug 23, 2014 1:18 AM
Dec 2011
The story is boring the action is always the same, predictable. The only good thing about this anime is
that they have likeable attractive characters. If it wasn't for that I had dropped a long time ago.
Aug 23, 2014 11:58 AM

Oct 2011
This show showed so much promise at first. The first thing they did to ruin it for me was when they had Teppei become a normal human. =/ We have a WAY to many normal characters in this show already. He became boring after that. Daichi acts like he's 10 years old. Hana is too much boob, not enough brain. Akari is the only good character. There's also not enough Mecha for a Mecha show and the story is repetitive and cliche. Yet... I still like this anime for some reason. >.>
Aug 24, 2014 10:12 AM

Dec 2013
Basically it all comes down to what the hell they want to make of this show. For StarDriver, you had a MC that was pretty much OP, and it showed.

For this show, you have an MC who is by no means OP, and yet anime plot-armor so thick it would put the Great Wall of China to shame dictates that he gets by each and every episode without so much as a scratch to both him and his team.

What essentially annoyed me the most is how charmed a life Daiichi lives, and how he doesn't even think much of it, like all the close shaves that he has and all his near-death escapes are a given for him. It's that sense of entitlement that makes me hate how the writers created the scenes just for him. Most of the other characters are perfectly fine, and I find myself cheering for the bad guys most of the time (the planetary gears at least) because I hate the plot armor.

The animation and the music for this show is attractive, but the most essential part, the story, just lacks any appeal.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 24, 2014 11:21 AM

Jan 2014
Truth be told I think the anime has been improving, characters are showing a lot more of themselves, the political struggles raise, the Planetary Gears become more and more daring.

Last episode it was pretty much 2 vs 1, now we will likely have that or a all vs all. Things are gonna raise I'm telling you.
Aug 25, 2014 8:54 PM
May 2012
Great, I'm late to reply this after ep19 but,

BGMaxie said:
He fled. Where? Nobody knows, he will prolly appear, eventually. I hope so at least.
Nobody knows, but considering his machine ended up being used by Puck, we can assume he works for him.

Damn, that'd be great IF they tie up loose ends during the final episode. I can't believe it makes me wondering WTF just happened all the time till it really bothers me that why most of other characters are absent & less screen-time until we never know when upcoming final episode airs. SIGH oh fck it,

And who's the TRUE villian in this series?! Salty Dog or just Planetary Gears (KILL T GANG) themselves?!
JafriZinAug 26, 2014 10:13 PM
Aug 31, 2014 1:42 PM

Jan 2014
MohdJeffreyZin said:
Great, I'm late to reply this after ep19 but,

BGMaxie said:

Damn, that'd be great IF they tie up loose ends during the final episode. I can't believe it makes me wondering WTF just happened all the time till it really bothers me that why most of other characters are absent & less screen-time until we never know when upcoming final episode airs. SIGH oh fck it,

And who's the TRUE villian in this series?! Salty Dog or just Planetary Gears (KILL T GANG) themselves?!
Salty Dog are hardly the villains, they are just secondary antagonists at best, they only oppose Globe because they want to go with the Kivotos Plan to save humanity, but beyond that they have nothing else to do. It is not as if they want to conquer Earth or shit like that.

The Planetary Gears are pretty much the force to beat, but Puck has been revealing itself more and more as the Final Boss, but I dunno how or why.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.