Forum Settings
Forums

The feeling of "what can I watch/do after finishing this anime"

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 27, 2014 7:52 PM

Mar 2014
i might have gotten this feeling if i fully understood clannad/Clannad AF when i finished them both.

good thing i was young.

but i know i will get this feeling when i finish Naruto.
Aug 27, 2014 9:09 PM

Aug 2014
chaosdanub said:
Nanet said:
Find another series quickly, get infatuated with it, finish it, die a little inside, rinse, wash, repeat.

^^

But i usually find a good series before finishing one so i won't have to die a little inside.

I really like this idea
Aug 28, 2014 12:45 AM

Nov 2013
random.org is my friend.
Raise it up, raise up the happiness.
Aug 28, 2014 1:19 AM

Jul 2014
If the anime was fucking amazing I start breathing very deeply in shock of how good it was e.g. Steins;Gate
Aug 28, 2014 1:22 AM

Aug 2014
After I finished Samurai Champloo & the first season of Code Geass I was this way, I snapped out of it after an hour or so though.
Apr 23, 2015 5:37 AM

Apr 2015
Soo .. its been a couple of years since i read a manga or watched an anime.
And out of nowhere i recently watched Spice & Wolf.. it left me so sad to see how short it was and i soon (with some help from google) found Moyuu maou yuusha.
And now that story has come to an ending too.

im not sure how to quite formulate my question, but, i cant seem to figure out if the anime is just very good or if its somthing else thats making it a little painful to saying goodbye to the characters.
So what i might wanted to know is if anyone else had the same sadness connected to these types of animes ?
Apr 23, 2015 5:46 AM

Apr 2015
You speak like a "shut in". Watch two anime alternately eg. love then horror to balance your mind....
#CHEXIT
Apr 23, 2015 5:46 AM

Nov 2014
Lancehot said:
Your problem is that there's a gaping void in your life that you're trying to fill with cartoons, but each time one ends your mind goes back to the void. Get out of the void!

[b][size=300] GET OUT OF THE GATE

Apr 23, 2015 5:52 AM

Apr 2015
great .. just what i needed to hear.
but allso good to know i might have an issue..

Might just take a step back from watching these kind of stories from now on.
But thanks for letting me know :)
Apr 23, 2015 5:57 AM

Jun 2014
philippeb said:
Soo .. its been a couple of years since i read a manga or watched an anime.
And out of nowhere i recently watched Spice & Wolf.. it left me so sad to see how short it was and i soon (with some help from google) found Moyuu maou yuusha.
And now that story has come to an ending too.

im not sure how to quite formulate my question, but, i cant seem to figure out if the anime is just very good or if its somthing else thats making it a little painful to saying goodbye to the characters.
So what i might wanted to know is if anyone else had the same sadness connected to these types of animes ?

Spice and wolf has a light novel I think? read that to continue story
All credit goes to Sacred.
Apr 23, 2015 6:06 AM

Mar 2014
Lancehot said:
Your problem is that there's a gaping void in your life that you're trying to fill with cartoons, but each time one ends your mind goes back to the void. Get out of the void!

This was deep
Apr 23, 2015 6:11 AM
Jul 2018
sullynathan said:
Lancehot said:

This was deep

Almost as the void.
Apr 23, 2015 6:14 AM

Apr 2015
might be true tough.

I am on a temporary med that can cause deep depression.
So i watched an anime like the good old days when i was younger to cheer me up.

And now im not sure if its because its the best anime i have ever seen that i hunger so bad for it, or if it actually came to the point where i got depressed from the meds.

(thank god i only got until the end of the month on this shit)
Apr 23, 2015 6:22 AM

Feb 2013
post anime depression is a real thing
Apr 23, 2015 6:35 AM

Jan 2015
romagia said:

But for some time, u (OP) will get used to it.
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 23, 2015 6:37 AM

Apr 2015
romagia said:

I've been suffering from this for 2 years now
Apr 23, 2015 6:38 AM

Apr 2015
Remv_quevav said:
romagia said:

But for some time, u (OP) will get used to it.

Post Anime Depression .. seems legit to what im going trough right now, might be the meds adding some to it.

Or mabey its because its been serval years since i saw a real anime or even read about love stories.

Well, i hope its because i just need to get used to that feeling once again.

And another thing .. thanks for not making me feel bad or silly about it.
Apr 23, 2015 6:39 AM

Apr 2015
TrillSenpai said:
romagia said:

From 1 anime ?

Or is it because you keep on reading new mangas or watching new animes ?
Apr 23, 2015 6:47 AM

Apr 2015
philippeb said:
TrillSenpai said:

From 1 anime ?

Or is it because you keep on reading new mangas or watching new animes ?

I keep watching new anime, which prompts me to watch another one as soon as I finish that one. It's a never ending cycle of anime watching that will eventually consume me and I'll die while watching episode 8 of whatever anime is simulcasting that season
Apr 23, 2015 7:32 AM

Apr 2015
I definitely felt empty when I finished Katanagatari. I really loved the ending and I was satisfied with how it turned out but I couldn't help but wish there was more of it, even though there was a lot as it was.

I just rewatch it with friends occasionally, since I'm constantly recommending it to people.
As long as I live let there be no anime that I rate a 10.
Perfection must be unattainable.
Apr 23, 2015 7:43 AM

Oct 2010
I feel a bit depressed when I finish a good series as well.
However, I have been seeing a therapist for the past couple of months for my (non anime-influenced) depression.

Maybe it would help if you talked to someone. I used to be all like "No, I fix depression myself because it'll make me feel tough." But in reality, I was still miserable and I now wonder why I never saw a therapist sooner.
Apr 23, 2015 7:51 AM

Jan 2011
Every anime fans must have experienced this before. This happens me for nearly every anime - even for anime I didn't really love (something like 6/10) I felt a bit empty inside after watching. And the more I loved it, the bigger the void
Apr 23, 2015 7:59 AM

Apr 2014
Not saying goodbye anytime soon, so yeah...
Apr 23, 2015 8:12 AM

Apr 2015
DeadSnow24th said:
I feel a bit depressed when I finish a good series as well.
However, I have been seeing a therapist for the past couple of months for my (non anime-influenced) depression.

Maybe it would help if you talked to someone. I used to be all like "No, I fix depression myself because it'll make me feel tough." But in reality, I was still miserable and I now wonder why I never saw a therapist sooner.

i actually dont have any friends to be honerst ..
Not that i dont want to, be most people around me thinks im dangerous.
So i am pretty lonely most of the time to be completely honerst.
Apr 23, 2015 8:54 AM

Dec 2012
Problem: Trouble saying goodbye to the anime?

Solution: Watch better/more anime!

It's that easy.
Apr 23, 2015 9:02 AM

Mar 2015
aren't many doujinshi and fan fictions borne out of that very same feeling? maybe you could write it out, or draw, or make a playlist, or an amv, etc. and channel your energy into something relatively productive. who knows, this kind of approach just might work and help you feel a bit better.

and this isn't a very good solution, but you can always substitute with another series.

Apr 23, 2015 11:49 AM

May 2013
Lancehot said:

Straight to the point.
Apr 23, 2015 11:54 AM

Oct 2013
I've left 10 episodes of Monster unfinished because I don't want it to be over.
Apr 23, 2015 12:03 PM

Jan 2015
Beloved anime characters are more important than irl humans who are mostly demonic insane shits. Be sure to vist their graves and leave flowers. Then move on straight away to the next fantasy and new fictional friends to soften the blow.
Apr 23, 2015 1:02 PM

Feb 2015
Just watch anime with 600+ episodes. Problem solved.
Apr 23, 2015 1:07 PM

Aug 2014
Or watch a verity of different shows. I only used to like shounen action series now I like loads of stuff and it's way better. Limiting yourself to fantasy economics shows is kinda stupid tbh. If you really do have a gap to fill in your life watch some long shit and your all good.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 23, 2015 1:27 PM

May 2014
Anime is made to be an escape from daily problems. Its a medium through which you can be immersed into a new world of your fantasies. Spice and wolf was an amazing anime. It had some of the most memorable characters ever and a beautiful plot. Feeling sad after it finished is just normal. Of course you'll feel depressed after knowing such an amazing story has come to end. When I finished Spice and wolf I was literally depressed for a like a week. But I constantly listened to the OPs and EDs and eventually felt better.

But man anime isn't a ticket to antisocial. It should be motivation to get out there and have fun and follow your dreams in the real world.
Apr 23, 2015 1:47 PM

Aug 2014
I don't watch anime to deal with my normal life, it's just another thing I enjoy.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 23, 2015 2:13 PM

Mar 2014
ok
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 4 hours ago

5 by alshu »»
8 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

61 by Ricchan__ »»
21 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

28 by LenRea »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 14

50 by alshu »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 7 hours ago

24 by Ricchan__ »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.