Apr 21, 2014 10:13 AM

Sep 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDo0Vb5eJrA&feature=youtu.be

YES YES YES I LOVE THIS WORLD WE LIVE IN, YES
JizzyHitlerApr 21, 2014 10:18 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 21, 2014 7:26 PM
Jul 2018
Best news all week. Now I officially have a reason to buy a Vita. Hopefully they also bring Innocence R and bring Vesperia PS3 (but that probably won't happen).
Apr 21, 2014 7:30 PM

Sep 2011
as someone who played all of innocence in the english patch for the original ds game, i can honestly say its the worst in the franchise and shouldnt be brought over here, the characters simply dont develop or have much in the way of likable personalities(except spada), the plotline goes nowhere until near the very end where something interesting finally happens only for it to go into its final dungeon immediately, its world was not well thought out or stand out from any other rpg, . its honestly just a bad game.

of course if you want to play it the patch is waiting, whether innocence R really fixed anything is unknown to me but i havent seen anyone say it does.

hearts i hear is a really good game and is apparently hideo baba's favorite in the series. Thats why im simply ecstatic at it coming to the west.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 22, 2014 4:40 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
That is good news, I will probably play it.

But I suppose we will never see Tales of Destiny II in English, though.
Apr 22, 2014 6:23 AM
Apr 2008
It means more rpg on vita damn!!!
Apr 22, 2014 7:27 AM

Sep 2013
Apr 22, 2014 8:33 AM

Sep 2011
Snow_Queen said:

we wont get rebirth either. I hear both are amazing

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 22, 2014 8:36 AM
Mar 2011
JizzyHitler said:
Snow_Queen said:

we wont get rebirth either. I hear both are amazing

rebirth is the 4th best in the franchise
oh my god you got this late abd this was a passabile remake at best
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 22, 2014 9:52 AM

Mar 2010
I was so hyped after reading the title, but when I clicked the link something died inside of me.. I don't own a Vita and never will..why?! щ(ಥДಥщ)
how good are the chances that it's also getting a PS3 version? -10%? orz
Apr 22, 2014 10:38 AM

Apr 2012
Please don't be trolling, is there really a new tales game?
Apr 22, 2014 10:41 AM

Aug 2010
Nice, buying this day one

Also, a date for Xillia 2 has been annouced, http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/04/22/tales-of-xillia-2-western-release-date-revealed.

@Luzifer, lol, there is less then 1% chance, bandai will consider porting a game made on the DS then remade for the PSV onto the PS3
Apr 22, 2014 12:40 PM

Jun 2011
-Luzifer- said:
I was so hyped after reading the title, but when I clicked the link something died inside of me.. I don't own a Vita and never will..why?! щ(ಥДಥщ)

Good question. Why will you never own a Vita if you're a fan of Tales or just JRPGs in general?
Apr 22, 2014 1:07 PM

Mar 2010
crosby_87 said:
Also, a date for Xillia 2 has been annouced, http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/04/22/tales-of-xillia-2-western-release-date-revealed.

@Luzifer, lol, there is less then 1% chance, bandai will consider porting a game made on the DS then remade for the PSV onto the PS3

thought so :'D but hooray for the release date, august/july are sure becoming the usual Tales of months

Narmy said:

Good question. Why will you never own a Vita if you're a fan of Tales or just JRPGs in general?

no, why are they releasing it for vita.. why I will never own one is a pretty easy question in itself = no money
Apr 22, 2014 1:17 PM

Sep 2011
-Luzifer- said:

Narmy said:

no, why are they releasing it for vita.. why I will never own one is a pretty easy question in itself = no money
because its a complete remake for a DS game and ps vita is a very good opportunity to do one whilst the ps3 discourages that act

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 22, 2014 1:21 PM

Mar 2010
You guys are taking rhetorical questions far too serious *laughs*
but thank you, good to know.. I wouldn't have mind the DS version but aww well, I'm happy for you all. I will enjoy the lets play videos then =w=
Apr 22, 2014 1:42 PM

Sep 2011
-Luzifer- said:
You guys are taking rhetorical questions far too serious *laughs*
but thank you, good to know.. I wouldn't have mind the DS version but aww well, I'm happy for you all. I will enjoy the lets play videos then =w=
there was a translation for the ds version that was taking 15 million years to finish, though they likely are quitting now, though they are 2 seperate games generally R looks way better since its fully voiced, has a new playable character, and its also got a 3D battle which i honestly prefer to the 2D playing fields some tales games had

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 22, 2014 1:44 PM
Nov 2008
i swear they just don't give a shit when it comes to the titles of tales games anymore, lol.
Apr 22, 2014 1:55 PM

Sep 2011
Heredity said:
i swear they just don't give a shit when it comes to the titles of tales games anymore, lol.
hearts is a pretty tame name compared to things like Zestiria and.....legendia

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 22, 2014 3:08 PM

Sep 2011
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/22/tales-hearts-rs-protagonist-different-name-english/

i dont mind changing names, but really that english name is so dumb sounding, granted the original is dumb as hell too just because of the last name

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 22, 2014 3:45 PM

Oct 2009
As someone who has never played a Tales game but has a DS, Vita, PS3, and can emulate the Wii and some other systems... what game should I start with?
Apr 22, 2014 3:51 PM
Mar 2011
JizzyHitler said:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/22/tales-hearts-rs-protagonist-different-name-english/

i dont mind changing names, but really that english name is so dumb sounding, granted the original is dumb as hell too just because of the last name

fuck bandai us wey to split the fan base instred of having a united fanbase likr FF or DQ to some extent same isuues with Pokemon
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Apr 22, 2014 4:45 PM

Sep 2011
Gogetters said:
As someone who has never played a Tales game but has a DS, Vita, PS3, and can emulate the Wii and some other systems... what game should I start with?

Symphonia is a good place to start though its admittedly aged quite alot, its got the HD collection with the shitty sequel but the first game should still be a good starter place

I started with abyss, it ended up being my favorite in the series and of all time so thats also a fine place to start, on ps2 and re-released on the 3ds

FGAU1912 said:
JizzyHitler said:

fuck bandai us wey to split the fan base instred of having a united fanbase likr FF or DQ to some extent same isuues with Pokemon
its just a name change they did so the name can keep its ulterior meaning

person on the site said:
"Before people freak out about this-
After some research yesterday that I and some others conducted:
The name "Shing" probably comes from the Chinese reading of the kanji for "heart", which is "Xin"
"Cor" is latin for "Heart."
And there you go, the probable line of thought for the change.

Oh yeah, and Kohaku is just the Japanese word for "Amber." The only other time the name "Amber" appeared in a US Tales game was in a small mini-game in Tales of Grace's."

if anything this is more dedication on their part to their fanbase as most people wouldnt catch this and only die hards would
JizzyHitlerApr 22, 2014 4:49 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 22, 2014 7:08 PM
Mar 2011
JizzyHitler said:
Gogetters said:

Symphonia is a good place to start though its admittedly aged quite alot, its got the HD collection with the shitty sequel but the first game should still be a good starter place

I started with abyss, it ended up being my favorite in the series and of all time so thats also a fine place to start, on ps2 and re-released on the 3ds

FGAU1912 said:
JizzyHitler said:

its just a name change they did so the name can keep its ulterior meaning

person on the site said:
"Before people freak out about this-
After some research yesterday that I and some others conducted:
The name "Shing" probably comes from the Chinese reading of the kanji for "heart", which is "Xin"
"Cor" is latin for "Heart."
And there you go, the probable line of thought for the change.

Oh yeah, and Kohaku is just the Japanese word for "Amber." The only other time the name "Amber" appeared in a US Tales game was in a small mini-game in Tales of Grace's."

if anything this is more dedication on their part to their fanbase as most people wouldnt catch this and only die hards would

did not freak out i just dislike split fanbases hell FF XVI will splt the fan base not for the reson oyu think

Japanese gamers are sying it looks to Japanese of a setting thus its stop being a fantasy game

there heyalt debate lke what better or worse is x or y way or not but the settong of the game being divisive is bad im sorry but that is not good

Apr 22, 2014 7:09 PM

Sep 2012
Now I really need a Vita, it's becoming a JRPG machine.
Apr 22, 2014 7:10 PM
Mar 2011
Raidol said:

3ds is stll better at lest here

Apr 22, 2014 7:14 PM

Nov 2012
Picked up my vita this February, this is great news. By christmastime this year I'll have a good chunk of translated japanese games to choose from! So far I have : 1. Playstation All Stars 2. DanganRonpa 3. Y's Memories of Celecta 4. Persona 4 Golden 5. Blazblue Contiuum Shift Extend 6. Wipeout 2048 7. Disgaea 3: Absense of Detention (Along with Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Breath of Fire 4, and Corpse Party game downloads).
Apr 22, 2014 7:18 PM

Sep 2012
FGAU1912 said:
Raidol said:

3ds is stll better at lest here

For me, not really. The region-locking and owning an AU/EU 3DS really sucks.
Though I do agree the 3DS has some great quality games.
Apr 22, 2014 10:29 PM

Sep 2013
I wonder if they will bother with an English dub, hopefully they do because Tales dubs tend to be really good.
Apr 23, 2014 3:51 AM

Sep 2011
asume5 said:
I wonder if they will bother with an English dub, hopefully they do because Tales dubs tend to be really good.
i dont see why they wouldnt, every tales games since eternia has had one

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 23, 2014 2:14 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Gogetters said:

Most likely Symphonia, get the PS3 version. Next, you can start Xillia and Xillia 2 in August.
Apr 23, 2014 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
Snow_Queen said:
Gogetters said:

Most likely Symphonia, get the PS3 version. Next, you can start Xillia and Xillia 2 in August.
i really dont suggest skipping from symphonia to xillia, cause if you do that youl end up making abyss and vesperia feel outdated when they are arguably much better than xillia

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 23, 2014 2:45 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
JizzyHitler said:

i really dont suggest skipping from symphonia to xillia, cause if you do that youl end up making abyss and vesperia feel outdated when they are arguably much better than xillia

I must be the only one who disliked Abyss. However, Xillia has Milla and Gaius.
Apr 23, 2014 2:55 PM

Sep 2011
Snow_Queen said:
JizzyHitler said:

I must be the only one who disliked Abyss. However, Xillia has Milla and Gaius.
milla was a meh heroine, gaius is like the only antagonist in the series that was good

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 23, 2014 3:14 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
JizzyHitler said:
milla was a meh heroine, gaius is like the only antagonist in the series that was good

Right, because a damsel in distress serves a better role in JRPGs. Gaius needed more development, he felt shallow at times, however.
Apr 23, 2014 3:19 PM

Sep 2011
Snow_Queen said:
JizzyHitler said:

Right, because a damsel in distress serves a better role in JRPGs. Gaius needed more development, he felt shallow at times, however.
not cause she wasnt a damsel in distress, but because her personality was really flat and her development felt barely noticeable especially in the face of such excellently developed characters like alvin rowen and jude. Besides none of the tales heroines really felt like damsels in distress, estelle was really the only one and even then theres were some pretty good reasons as to why she was one and most of those reasons come down to alexei being an asshole. milla was just an ok heroine at best and only real good that came from her was jude's development during the 3rd act. Leia would had been a much more interesting heroine since she had more depth to her though admittedly the story couldnt exsist without milla and i realize that

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 23, 2014 3:27 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
JizzyHitler said:

not cause she wasnt a damsel in distress, but because her personality was really flat and her development felt barely noticeable especially in the face of such excellently developed characters like alvin rowen and jude. Besides none of the tales heroines really felt like damsels in distress, estelle was really the only one and even then theres were some pretty good reasons as to why she was one and most of those reasons come down to alexei being an asshole. milla was just an ok heroine at best and only real good that came from her was jude's development during the 3rd act. Leia would had been a much more interesting heroine since she had more depth to her though admittedly the story couldnt exsist without milla and i realize that

She wasn't a human to begin with, I don't think there was much to say. She started to understand humans and emotions later either way. It's the same deal with KOS-MOS, another character who reminded me a lot of Milla. And the rest of the females in Xillia were terrible, especially Leia had no reason to be in the party, she was just following Jude. And Gaius, he had much more potential to be more of an interesting villain, even if I liked his personality and design, sadly his motives didn't make much of sense.

I won't discuss Xillia more here, since it will be out of topic, so drop a comment if you want a discussion.
Apr 24, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Really, this is great news. It seems that we are closer to reaching the day where all titles are released in the west as well.

Can't wait for Xillia 2 and Zestiria either.
Apr 24, 2014 12:22 PM

Sep 2011
-Muuse- said:
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Really, this is great news. It seems that we are closer to reaching the day where all titles are released in the west as well.
god i wish, i really would love to play rebirth but iv come to terms with the fact i never will unless my Japanese improves

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

More topics from this board

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
3 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

29 by _Nette_ »»
3 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Today

1 by Zettaiken »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.