Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 2, 2014 6:15 AM

Oct 2010
I like the ending. To be honest I would've been fine with any ending as long as it wasn't a harem or open ending, because those are just lazy. The fact that I was supporting either Chihiro or Tenri made it even better.
May 2, 2014 1:24 PM

Sep 2011
Exrias said:
the ending its self was pretty good, but personally i would of preferred an open ended harem. due to the MC actually having multiple loves that have deep feelings for him just for him to end with one of them kind of felt sad. not that him ending up with who he ended up with didnt make sense, i just feel like harems shouldnt end like that

Come on... Harem ending is OBVIOUS in this case.

Nahh, I think the message was harem don't work out IRL.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 2, 2014 1:49 PM

Apr 2014
ending was good. medetashi~ medetashi~~
May 3, 2014 8:42 PM

Feb 2008
I just don't get people how you can be completely satisfied with this kind of rushing plot and ending.
At least give us some kind of epilogue, what happen with Keima and Chihiro from on and the rest of people too?
No I'm not disappointing that Keima end up with Chihiro, the ending was good but you know you always want more. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 5, 2014 3:09 PM

Jan 2014
well its not about which girl was better...i also liked ayumi and tenri but the "thing" between Chihiro and Keima was the "most real" thing in manga...as dokurou said at the last chapter,Keima got serious only with Chihiro and she was the only one he didnt see as an achievement to reach "the ending"...So it was expected and also a good ending with Chihiro

But last chapters felt way too rushed adding few more chapters would make it betterreading last chapters made me feel like i was reading a different manga

About Elsie's ending,it was perfect,she wanted to be part of the family through all the manga and she got a life with that family,it made me remember Elsie trying to be a better sister for Keima...

I hope it gets animated at some time so we get to see some more TWGOK...
May 12, 2014 2:08 AM

Apr 2010
Tenri reaffirms that the childhood friend can't win.
May 12, 2014 10:38 AM

Jul 2013
I've always felt that Keima ending up with Chihiro would've been the logical choice. Keima ending up with the most normal within the normal girls is pretty, ironic(?)

Even though I was initially rooting for Chihiro and I still like her, I can't help but feel Tenri got the short end of the stick. After this last arc I wouldn't have minded if Tenri were to hook up with him.

Overall I love the Chihiro ending, but an open ending wouldn't have been bad either.
May 26, 2014 2:49 AM

Dec 2011
Loved it, I kinda guessed since ch. 189 where Keima seemingly cried on the roof regretting what he said to Chihiro

and my fav scene is ch. 28 which is Keima's interaction with Chihiro where he became a cockroach lol~
May 26, 2014 3:12 AM
Feb 2014
if you are talking about season 1 then yes as it has one of the best ending songs ever.

If you are talking about season 3 then NO, they ruined the third season in every aspect, unlike the first 2 season which both had unique last episode the third season didnt, and why the most plain girl ever arggh
I only read books i have already read
May 26, 2014 1:28 PM

Jan 2014
PremiumCascade said:
if you are talking about season 1 then yes as it has one of the best ending songs ever.

If you are talking about season 3 then NO, they ruined the third season in every aspect, unlike the first 2 season which both had unique last episode the third season didnt, and why the most plain girl ever arggh
love works in mysterious ways, bud
May 27, 2014 10:59 PM

Apr 2012
I have ambiguous feelings toward the last arc (the part after the third season of anime, or chapter 190 and onward). On one hand, I should commend the creator for pulling of a real plot-twister that tries to resolve the conflicts and bring new mystery to the series. On the other hand, this arc in general leaves many plot holes here and there, and the focus isn't on the heroines that we already got to know so much (ie. a lot of new characters introduced). Nevertheless, I think the series ended well, given that it could easily have a train-wreck ending.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 6, 2014 8:25 PM
May 2014
Haha, was I the only person that liked Kanon the best? I honestly knew Kemia wasn't going to end up with her, but I was rooting for her (especially when she confessed in front of the entire class). Ending is ... meh. I wish the author developed a better resolution for what happens to all the other girls. That would have brought more closure.
Jun 20, 2014 3:54 PM

Sep 2013
Honestly, no. I didn't like the ending. But then again, I knew that I wouldn't like it, no matter with whom he ended up with. There are too many freaking characters I would have liked Keima to end up with. Tenri, Haqua, Ayumi, I think that I'd feel displeased regardless of which one he chose because I would feel bad for the rest of them (which is happening right now). Seeing only one of them happy really isn't pleasing, but I've hoped that the author may find a way around this.
Jun 21, 2014 7:57 AM
Dec 2013
Ending up with Chihiro made me so happy, because of the last arc i thought it was gonna be Tenri for a moment and that Wakaki just forgot all that stuff with Keima and Chihiro in the Godesses arc, just because i wanted Chihiro to be the girl he chooses this Manga gets a 10/10
Jun 30, 2014 9:24 AM

Mar 2012
I liked the ending. Chihiro seemed like the right choice for Keima (even though I've always wanted him to be with Ayumi at the end) since she was quite involved while not possessing a goddess.

I've had an uneasy feeling that this manga would do a harem ending with all girls being in a status quo, but I was quite relieved by the conclusion in the last chapter.
Jul 17, 2014 8:40 PM
Feb 2011
Keima didn't die? Glad I never bothered reading this!! :D
Jul 17, 2014 10:00 PM

Jan 2014
korn7809 said:
Keima didn't die? Glad I never bothered reading this!! :D
nice argument and taste you have there,i would suggest you school days then...It has a MC dying horribly,basically everything you want from a masterpiece
Jul 18, 2014 8:30 AM
Feb 2011
I tried watching TWGOK anime and found Keima to be a very egotistical ass. Plus the girls were falling for someone who did not care a bit about them. I understand that teenage girls often like those type of men but it doesn't make it ok.

Ah I watched school days long ago. I like how that dick got what he had coming! But overall that one made me rage lol.
Jul 18, 2014 3:22 PM

Jan 2014
korn7809 said:
I tried watching TWGOK anime and found Keima to be a very egotistical ass. Plus the girls were falling for someone who did not care a bit about them. I understand that teenage girls often like those type of men but it doesn't make it ok.

Ah I watched school days long ago. I like how that dick got what he had coming! But overall that one made me rage lol.
actually the fact he doesnt care about girls makes Keima a better man.Its not his fault that he has to deal with those girls.And there is one thing called character development,he starts to care about them.Long story short:Being a egotistical ass is not a bad thing,staying as an egotistical ass is.
Jul 20, 2014 12:28 AM
Dec 2012
It realy was the first time that in a harem the mc gets together with the girl i prefere xD. Im so happy but sad at the same time... this manga, im going to miss it. Also the thing about elsie i realy dont get it. So if anyone whants to explain be your guest! KEIMA X CHIHIRO
WOEHOEOEOEOEOE
Jul 20, 2014 4:59 PM

Sep 2011
LonelyWizard said:
korn7809 said:

actually the fact he doesnt care about girls makes Keima a better man.Its not his fault that he has to deal with those girls.And there is one thing called character development,he starts to care about them.Long story short:Being a egotistical ass is not a bad thing,staying as an egotistical ass is.

I'm guessing that the poster liked wimp gynophobic nameless protagonists
Jul 20, 2014 6:56 PM
Mar 2013
Ryuu_sama said:
Haha, was I the only person that liked Kanon the best? I honestly knew Kemia wasn't going to end up with her, but I was rooting for her (especially when she confessed in front of the entire class). Ending is ... meh. I wish the author developed a better resolution for what happens to all the other girls. That would have brought more closure.
You're not alone I loved the Kanon pairing as well.

Although I was surprised that Keima ended up with Chihiro I didn't mind. It didn't feel like this news was just sprung on you at the last second. I feel there was plenty of time given to bloom their relationship so that it feels natural that they got together in the end.
Jul 20, 2014 6:57 PM
Feb 2011
I can't think of many manga/anime that have a main character I really like. I normally like the side characters a lot more.
Oct 12, 2014 9:31 PM

Jun 2014
Keima x Chihiro is logical pairing but Chihiro is one of my least fave girl.
I thought it will be a harem ending so Chihiro ending is not bad. Just feel bad for Tenri tho, she waited for 10 years but she'll always be on the friendzone. My fave is Shiori because im sucker with dandere type girl, followed by Elsie, Tenri, Kanon, Dokuro and so on.
Oct 28, 2014 9:18 AM

Aug 2011
It was logical, yet not my cup of tea.

» Escapism.

Nov 4, 2014 3:45 PM

Jul 2009
he is not conquest god, he did not created true happy ending... harem ending
Nov 4, 2014 3:51 PM

Mar 2013
no
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2014 7:56 PM

Sep 2011
emeraldrosary said:
Ryuu_sama said:
You're not alone I loved the Kanon pairing as well.

Although I was surprised that Keima ended up with Chihiro I didn't mind. It didn't feel like this news was just sprung on you at the last second. I feel there was plenty of time given to bloom their relationship so that it feels natural that they got together in the end.

Kanon was so fucking cute... I honestly loved her so much I can't.
Nov 5, 2014 12:51 AM

Jan 2014
Leouch said:
he is not conquest god, he did not created true happy ending... harem ending
Moral of the story:He was never a god,he was a human...
Nov 10, 2014 8:30 PM

Jul 2013
Yes, I loved the ending. Why? Because I was a a Keima x Chihiro shipper since her arc in the manga. I was just so happy my ship won :D. Plus it was hinted for a quite some time that Keima truly loved her, something he never felt for any of the other girls (though he did start to care about them, but not like a lover). The Chihiro end made the most sense.

As far as the final arc as a whole, it was certainly a lot weaker than the Goddess arc. Everything seemed a bit too rushed. I know the author was in bad health which forced him to end it faster than he wanted, so I can't really fault him. Health comes first. But I still gave the series a 10/10.
Dec 21, 2014 9:33 AM
Mar 2013
It'd be interesting if they made bonus chapters for separate endings for each one of the girls, especially for Tenri, or make an OVA.
Dec 22, 2014 7:12 AM
Feb 2012
I hate this type of choose 1 girl ending, oreimo ending is better than this
Dec 27, 2014 7:22 AM
Jan 2013
Lefty112 said:
Yes, I loved the ending. Why? Because I was a a Keima x Chihiro shipper since her arc in the manga. I was just so happy my ship won :D. Plus it was hinted for a quite some time that Keima truly loved her, something he never felt for any of the other girls (though he did start to care about them, but not like a lover). The Chihiro end made the most sense.

As far as the final arc as a whole, it was certainly a lot weaker than the Goddess arc. Everything seemed a bit too rushed. I know the author was in bad health which forced him to end it faster than he wanted, so I can't really fault him. Health comes first. But I still gave the series a 10/10.

The greatest threat of storytelling will always be the logic behind the Chihiro ship.

The HOJ arc should never see the light of anime day.

It is that bad of an ending.

Dec 27, 2014 7:44 AM

Jan 2014
genesic123 said:

The greatest threat of storytelling will always be the logic behind the Chihiro ship.

Dont be so butthurt please...It was obvious that he only liked Chihiro...Even though it was just luck that it was Chihiro without a goddess it is just like that in the real life,too...
Dec 27, 2014 7:06 PM
Jan 2013
LonelyWizard said:
genesic123 said:

Dont be so butthurt please...It was obvious that he only liked Chihiro...Even though it was just luck that it was Chihiro without a goddess it is just like that in the real life,too...

then "memory of my first love" should not have even happened.

That song kinda showed that Chihiro was letting go of keima and vice versa.

Sure there were feelings but that doesn't means that they should end up together over

GUILT.

An @sspull.

Dec 27, 2014 8:14 PM

Jan 2014
yes,because you can give up on love just like that right?NO...You may not have experienced that feeling yourself,i can understand that but at least learn what an asspull means...They didnt become couple back then just because Keima was too busy with saving the world,didnt want to endanger Chihiro more and he was emotionally unready...They didnt give up anything,"The memory of my first love" just showed that they couldnt be together because of some stuff...
Jan 2, 2015 4:34 AM
Jan 2013
LonelyWizard said:
yes,because you can give up on love just like that right?NO...You may not have experienced that feeling yourself,i can understand that but at least learn what an asspull means...They didnt become couple back then just because Keima was too busy with saving the world,didnt want to endanger Chihiro more and he was emotionally unready...They didnt give up anything,"The memory of my first love" just showed that they couldnt be together because of some stuff...

this is a polthole.

The songs lyrics was obvious to anyone that chihiro had loved, lost and took something from it.

So undoing it in an instant is bad writing.

After so many chapters,she forgives him magically in one panel.

You shippers ruined it and Chihiro as well.

Jan 2, 2015 4:36 AM

Jan 2014
OH sweet GOD
Jan 2, 2015 8:12 AM

Jan 2008
The ending was a horrible asspull. There was basically no development.
Jan 7, 2015 5:29 PM

Nov 2014
I think the ending was good, even if slightly rushed in the last couple of chapters. I think the KeimaXChihiro couple makes sense, but i still feel like shit on Tenri's behalf after reading "there will not be an ending between you and me" in the letter.
Jan 10, 2015 7:38 AM

Dec 2014
genesic123 said:
LonelyWizard said:

this is a polthole.

The songs lyrics was obvious to anyone that chihiro had loved, lost and took something from it.

So undoing it in an instant is bad writing.

After so many chapters,she forgives him magically in one panel.

You shippers ruined it and Chihiro as well.

Chihiro, the shippers and Wakaki.😀
Jan 12, 2015 8:05 PM
Jan 2010
Didnt like it, I've no "favourite girl" I just thought that it was too weak and sudden. The second last chapter was worse than the last, the entire thing with Elsie was just shit, zero foreshadowing, zero development. It was a lazy random development to "wrap things up" that compromised the integrity of the plot and even failed to do what it set out to. Even worse it undid all the actual development of the relationship between Elsie and the Katsuragi's, basically boiling it down to "You cant be proper family unless you're human and blood related".

I think it was a mistake to have Keima end up with any girl, an open ending probably would have worked better. It felt like the author didnt even have much confidence in his own ending, Keima's "explanation" for choosing Chihiro to Dokurou felt like a direct appeal to the audience to buy it. Chihiro didnt really make any sense to me considering that the author spent so much time showing how she and Keima were "over" the relationship. Sure an argument can be made for the relationship but it feels like backtracking. Even an ending where Keima ends up alone or all the relationships are reset because the goddesses leave would have been preferable to the dull lazy lending we got. Or considering its playful satire of galge tropes they should have went all in and had an ending for each "route".

Oh well, its rarer for a mangaka to write a satisfying ending so I suppose the readers to blame for expecting it.
Jan 14, 2015 4:40 PM

Aug 2009
Damn, just realized the reason he picked Chihiro...

probably because she's the only one who has no goddess residing in her so her love must be genuine

still, i must say tenri gave a really good shot. poor tenri and others ;_;
Jan 26, 2015 7:59 PM
Aug 2014
I was really hoping for elsie to be the ending; huge miss
Mar 8, 2015 9:40 PM
Mar 2015
I believe i'm not the only one who thinks the last arc of the story was painfully rushed, which is a real pity 'cause i had so much built up expectation. I didn't really like the ending because of that... what about Elsie being the final boss at the end? I didn't really get her explanation, it felt half-hearted.... and something like that could have been such a great plot twist if only it would have been built up from the beginning of the arc, or at least forshadowed in some way.

The only thing i liked was the "Chihiro ending", not because i shiped them or anything, actually, i thought he was gonna end up either with Terri or with none of them.
But him choosing Chihiro, at least for me, closed Keima's character development perfectly. Eventhough each of the "goddesses" were a real girl on its own, each of them still corresponded to a videogame character stereotype.... Chihiro was different, she WAS the personification of everything Keima though he hated at the beginning of the story: the REAL girl.
And who did the guy who hated reality fell in love in the end? The girl who represented the real world. That's a huge and it blow my mind. Nice move Mr Wakaki, you got my respect.
Mar 11, 2015 3:07 PM

Sep 2007
I just finished a second read through from the beginning and I have to say I really like this ending. When chapters came out originally I too thought it was rushed and latest arcs were confusing as hell, but going through them again makes so much more sense. I agree that Elsie's subplot was not developed enough, but her ending is still as perfect as can be. If you think about it, she really fit much better in our world than in hell. It makes sense that the best way to prevent the world from going kaput would be to instill the love for this world in a living weapon that's to be used in its destruction...

Still, poor Tenri. At least they're still neighbours and still can be friends. I think she knew Keima too well and as a result tried to not interfere, while still having deep affection toward him... ouch my feels

Honestly, I would be fine if Keima ended up with anyone. There was not a single unlikeable heroine in this series. I was even rooting for Haqua, even though I now realise it was never meant to be. It's funny how Keima himself rationalizes "choosing" Chihiro to reset Goddess Affection, but everyone knows it's just that - rationalizing. You can't really "choose" who you fall in love with.

I initially rated it a 9, but on my second read through I bump it to a 10.
Mar 20, 2015 12:39 AM

Aug 2013
ugh, he should have gotten with Tenri. Screw logic, childhood freinds ftw. Was also supporting Ayumi and Haqua. Doquro gets a honorable mention too. Chichiro was ok, not the best, but it makes sense why he chose her. poor tenri....

Elsses ending was perfect. Honestly got emotional over it. I mean, she never had a family before and now shes truly found her place. But the mumbo jumbo about her being the final villian or whatever didnt really sink in for me.
May 25, 2015 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
Mycelis_Tsukiyo said:
no
May 31, 2015 1:10 AM
Feb 2015
Stupid ending. I would like it if its tenri,haqua,ayumi,dokurou or even a harem ending..this manga is one of my fav.but the ending really killed it so im not rereading this again..im very dissapointed (;一_一)
EnzoVladi27May 31, 2015 1:14 AM
Feb 14, 2018 10:03 AM
Jul 2015
Easily the best Harem ending I have ever seen. For the first time the MC isn't in love with a girl who feels like a 1 dimensional tsundere. And the MC himself isn't a bland cuck like every other harem MC.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The World God Only Knows Chapter 53 Discussion

Nayah - Jul 4, 2009

27 by YN_ON »»
Apr 21, 6:38 AM

» I'm a bit disappointed.(Spoiler alert!!!!!)

Jaaku_na_Neko - Nov 13, 2023

8 by rycestealer »»
Mar 20, 1:43 AM

Poll: » The World God Only Knows Chapter 1 Discussion

Faust721 - May 18, 2008

28 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 17, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SilentTruth - Apr 18, 2014

332 by bakakisima »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:05 AM

» Similar Manga?

Juto1 - Sep 6, 2023

2 by joji-oueru »»
Sep 6, 2023 7:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.