Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 18, 2014 6:06 PM

Jun 2009
I haven't read part 7 yet, so I have to go with 4. Great cast, great villain, fun situations, great stands. I think the only thing that really brought it down was the crap translation I read at the during the second half.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 18, 2014 6:50 PM

Mar 2008
I really love part 6. I loved the stands, the fights, and especially the characters; Jolyne and FF won me over in a heartbeat. I also love the very lofty plans of the main villain.
Nothing
Apr 18, 2014 11:50 PM

Nov 2011
Steel Ball Run! I got many favorites characters in that part. The story is very interesting and the stands are very different from the previous parts. Fingernail gun,yeah!

Apr 19, 2014 12:00 AM

Feb 2013
Steel Ball Run was my favorite. Some of the enemies didn't pop out of nowhere unlike part 3 and 5. I also liked how it didn't have a 5 man crew. It was only Johnny and Gyro fighting the villains. The best part was that most of the stands aren't humanoids. I liked how most of the stands are tools, so its mainly the user doing the fighting not the stands.
Apr 19, 2014 3:11 AM

Nov 2013
Where the fuck is Battle Tendency? That's my favorite part followed by Part 3 even though it's still fresh for me having only seen the OVA I got alot to look forward to in this one. Part 5 would've surpassed part 3 and I was ready for it to do so but the end with a certain great character reintroduced as a cripple only to be killed off immediately brought it down for me. I've never thought of dropping Jojo but that was one time I felt like dropping it, after that I didn't care for the rest of the part, I just wanted the shit to end. Part 7 isn't at all as impressive as people say. Too much randomness, I don't feel the characters at all even if I'm only halfway, you'd think I'd enjoy it more but I don't. It's full of missed opportunities and overlooking of great characters who got introduced in the beginning.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 19, 2014 3:35 AM

Apr 2008
The guy forget to put the part 1 and 2. Part 4 is the best for me. Jojolion is very great. He will take the second place for me at the end, I'm sure of it.
Apr 19, 2014 8:52 AM

Feb 2013
Romario3210 said:
Steel Ball Run doesn't feel repetitive like the parts before it, best cast of characters and their respective backgrounds are better implemented than the previous Jojo parts since they tie into each character's motivations splendidly and the art is simply beautiful.

Diamond is Unbreakable is amazing too with its great stands, best villain in the series, good cast of characters, the whole slice of life approach is really interesting and it fits with the concept of the story taking place in one town and its intentional lack of direction.

So yeah, these two have my vote for the best parts so far.

Pretty much this
Apr 19, 2014 10:37 AM

Jan 2014
Some people, learn to read, I said I didn't include p1 and 2 because we're discussing things to look forward to, and those were released.

So what I get is that P4 and 6 are the most well received, and most stands except 6's are mostly doing most of the fighting, but the 'detective feel' of p4 sounds interesting, is it like a neo noire arc?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2014 10:39 AM

Apr 2013
Just started VA today and I'm really liking Giorno, though I did really like SBR.
an egomaniac and a fool

Apr 19, 2014 10:39 AM

Jan 2014
mugi said:
First of all, ... you guys... Dio >> Diego.
I dunno but my favorite is probably Part 6, even though it would be a tie with 2.

Jojolion is way too damn weird and surreal for me to comprehend right now.

Meh, all part 1 characters were one of the most bland, boring characters except for the first english zombie knight (torkus?), the part was pretty much cliche fests without the cool over the top shit of Battle Tendency.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2014 11:13 AM

Jul 2010
judals said:
Some people, learn to read, I said I didn't include p1 and 2 because we're discussing things to look forward to, and those were released.

So what I get is that P4 and 6 are the most well received, and most stands except 6's are mostly doing most of the fighting, but the 'detective feel' of p4 sounds interesting, is it like a neo noire arc?

Something like that but more Slice of Life.
Apr 22, 2014 7:16 PM

Apr 2014
Akanezora said:
My only problem with VA was

YorozuyaGinSan said:
Emnay said:
The one with Diego
Yeah, Diego>>>>>>>>>Dio

Indeed.

Actually,

Apr 22, 2014 7:19 PM

Apr 2014
judals said:

In the west, yes, they are the most popular parts.

However, in Japan, Part 3 and Part 5 are the most popular parts of Jojo's.

Also, Part four of Jojo's bizarre adventure is very similar to Persona 4.

Apr 22, 2014 7:22 PM

Apr 2014
I voted for Part 4, mostly because I think that Part 4 had the best protagonist.

Also, I just started reading part 5, and I think that it's really cool too.

Apr 22, 2014 7:23 PM

Jun 2009
What's all this about P4 and 6 being the most liked in the west? I've always thought it was 4 and 7. Though I've recently started Stone Ocean and it is pretty solid so far. Cool setting and I dig Jolyne.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 22, 2014 7:25 PM

Jun 2012
insan3Spectre said:
What's all this about P4 and 6 being the most liked in the west? I've always thought it was 4 and 7. Though I've recently started Stone Ocean and it is pretty solid so far. Cool setting and I dig Jolyne.
It is for the most part 7 and to a lesser extent 4 as far as I'm concerned. Stone Ocean was great aswell but some of the major supporting cast were somewhat forgettable as characters, to some atleast.
Apr 22, 2014 7:35 PM

Apr 2014
insan3Spectre said:

It is part 4 and part 7, you didn't get it wrong.

I think that judals made a typo.

Apr 22, 2014 7:47 PM

Jun 2012
Dragonage2ftw said:
insan3Spectre said:

It is part 4 and part 7, you didn't get it wrong.

I think that judals made a typo.
Yeah, I mean, his statement is an accurate description of Steel Ball Run aswell.
judals said:
and most stands except 7's are mostly doing most of the fighting
Apr 22, 2014 8:08 PM
Apr 2014
Part 4 easily for me. Followed by 7 and 3.
Apr 22, 2014 8:36 PM

Jul 2010
Dragonage2ftw said:
Actually,

That's good, can't wait to have the game in my hands. Just waiting for the US release in a few days.
Apr 22, 2014 10:59 PM

Oct 2012
Stardust Crusaders was Araki at the height of his game IMO.

The art was fantastic, the stand battles (past the first couple of volumes) were ingeniously written while at the same time easy to follow and not convoluted by overly complex powers, the humor was side-splittingly hilarious, the protagonists were all likeable, and the men were still manly rather than thin and effeminate.

Parts 2 and 4 are really close for me, but Part 3 I think has the most of the best strengths going for it.
fluffybunnyboyApr 22, 2014 11:04 PM
Apr 23, 2014 11:49 AM

Apr 2014
Akanezora said:
Dragonage2ftw said:
Actually,

That's good, can't wait to have the game in my hands. Just waiting for the US release in a few days.

I can't wait to play it either.

However, I have to say,

Also

I don't know what to make of that part of his quote. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it just seemed odd to me when

Apr 23, 2014 4:14 PM

Apr 2008
fluffybunnyboy said:
Stardust Crusaders was Araki at the height of his game IMO.

Don't think so. Araki was at his best for Diamond is Unbreakable. This is the part where the characters are the most accomplished. There just has to see all the one-shot came out after the part 4.
Apr 23, 2014 8:37 PM

Feb 2013
fluffybunnyboy said:
the stand battles (past the first couple of volumes) were ingeniously written while at the same time easy to follow and not convoluted by overly complex powers

gedataApr 26, 2014 9:34 AM
Apr 23, 2014 9:46 PM
Dec 2013
FYI: ASB character popularity poll

http://i.imgur.com/hbOrLTL.jpg
Apr 23, 2014 9:59 PM

Jun 2009
namihei said:

Is that seriously Jonathon at number 1? Definitely not what I expected...

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 23, 2014 10:56 PM

Nov 2011
insan3Spectre said:
namihei said:

This is an oooooold poll. I think the part 1/2 anime was still airing. So Jonathan was in the spotlight from the anime (though you would think Joseph would win over Jonathan -shrug-)
Apr 23, 2014 11:07 PM

Jun 2009
Fadeout4 said:
insan3Spectre said:
namihei said:

This is an oooooold poll. I think the part 1/2 anime was still airing. So Jonathan was in the spotlight from the anime (though you would think Joseph would win over Jonathan -shrug-)

Ah, yeah, I was wondering if maybe the 2012 anime had something to do with the results. The poll being done during the anime would almost definitely influence the results. Perhaps it was done while part 1 was still airing? It's tough to imagine Joseph losing out to Jonathan.

Would have thought Jotaro would be higher as well.

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 23, 2014 11:15 PM
Dec 2013
^ That results were compiled on June 19, 2013 (the count period from June 10 to June 17.)
namiheiApr 23, 2014 11:32 PM
Apr 24, 2014 1:21 AM

Apr 2008
Fadeout4 said:
insan3Spectre said:
namihei said:

Jonathan is good character for fighting game. Not really, Jojo was know by everyone in Japan. The manga is already in part 8. This was a rank for the tournement with the IA.
Apr 24, 2014 7:45 PM

Oct 2012
gedata said:

Plot doesn't even matter with Jojo to me all that much. Araki is not as equally a master storyteller as he is a master fight choreographer. I'd even go so far as to say that "the plot" is the weakest aspect of Araki's works, although I know that just saying that is bound to get some knee-jerk angry reactions from other Jojo fans.

fluffybunnyboyApr 24, 2014 7:57 PM
Apr 24, 2014 7:56 PM

Jun 2012
Fadeout4 said:
insan3Spectre said:
namihei said:

I don't think that has anything to do with it, if that were the case, Josuke and Kira would be about the middle and Giorno and Jotaro would be quite higher. And it would be odd for William Anthonio Zeppeli to be in second last place above only Akira.

That's a poll for best character as a part of the game, Jonathan is an extremely versatile playset as opposed to someone like Gappy whom is in the bottom 10 despite being the current protagonist.

No surprises in the bottom 7 though.
Apr 24, 2014 8:03 PM

Oct 2012
Oh, and as for that ASB poll:

Jonathan is the most Ryu and Ken-like character in ASB (with a fireball/DP/tatsu-type special move combination), so of course he was going to end up being the most popularly played character. He's the easiest character for newcomers to pick up, play, and immediately know what they're doing.
Apr 26, 2014 9:35 AM

Feb 2013
why is Will so low? He's pretty cool
Apr 26, 2014 3:31 PM

Jun 2010
My official ranking:
4>7>6>5>2>3>1

Most enjoyable: Part 4. Great villain, imaginative stands (even if they didn't all work) and overall just very entertaining.
Best art: Part 7. Don't think anyone will contest that mid to late SBR is just gorgeous to look at. Story is well written too.
Favourite story: Part 6. Jolyne is easily my favourite JoJo. The conflict between her and her allies and the main villain is completely compelling, with the highlight being between Weather Report and Pucci.
WandererReduxApr 26, 2014 3:38 PM
Apr 27, 2014 9:01 PM

Oct 2012
The_Redux said:
Favourite story: Part 6. Jolyne is easily my favourite JoJo. The conflict between her and her allies and the main villain is completely compelling, with the highlight being between Weather Report and Pucci.

Apr 27, 2014 9:03 PM

Jun 2012
fluffybunnyboy said:
The_Redux said:

B-B-B-BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SNAILS!

I love how Pucci

gedata said:
why is Will so low? He's pretty cool
Akira Otoishi is lowest and he can use electricity.

Fucking electricity, he's cool damnit!
Apr 27, 2014 9:10 PM
Oct 2010
I think this part is pretty weak so far because Jotaro is lame.
Apr 27, 2014 9:12 PM

Jun 2012
skudoops said:
Jotaro was alot more of an authoritative figure in 4 and 6, I feel that's where his character really shines.
He didn't get much screentime in Stone Ocean though, would of liked to see a lot more of he and Jolyne.
Apr 27, 2014 10:00 PM

Oct 2012
skudoops said:

Jotaro is quite a jerk in the early chapters. I like him a bit better as Part 3 goes on, though.

He never becomes as interesting as Joseph in Part 2, but at least he becomes more of a quiet and determined Clint Eastwood-y type, once he's away from berating his own mother.
Apr 28, 2014 12:42 PM
Oct 2010
YorozuyaGinSan said:
skudoops said:
Jotaro was alot more of an authoritative figure in 4 and 6, I feel that's where his character really shines.
He didn't get much screentime in Stone Ocean though, would of liked to see a lot more of he and Jolyne.

Well I think he isn't as quirky as Joesph and not as likable as Jonathan so I can't really get on board with his character. I can relate well to the stern silent personality but in a show about being ridiculous it kinda kills the mood.

I think another thing (I mentioned it before I think) is that the supporting cast isn't as strong, even with Joesph there. I really hope that guy you all told me about lives up to Speedwagon or at least Stroheim. Those two were hilarious as hell!
Apr 28, 2014 1:13 PM

Aug 2012
Stone Ocean. This part was so good that i couldn't describe my feeling XD

And

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Apr 29, 2014 12:00 AM

Oct 2012
skudoops said:
I can relate well to the stern silent personality but in a show about being ridiculous it kinda kills the mood.

Nah, it actually works in Jojo's favor eventually. We just haven't gotten to the fights where it does yet.

Give it time, and you'll see.
Apr 30, 2014 5:05 PM

Jun 2010
fluffybunnyboy said:
The_Redux said:

WandererReduxApr 30, 2014 5:09 PM
May 2, 2014 1:08 PM

May 2013
Kira's story arc is the best thing in Jojo. Every part is awesome though.
May 2, 2014 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
The_Redux said:
fluffybunnyboy said:
The_Redux said:

fluffybunnyboyMay 2, 2014 4:30 PM
May 2, 2014 5:11 PM

Jul 2010
SO is like that, or you hate it or you love it. I'm the latter, but that's just me.
May 3, 2014 10:09 AM

Oct 2007
Part 4 and 7 take the cake for me.

If you really enjoy mystery/action/suspense thrillers you'll really like Part 4. It reminded me a TON of Persona 4 in terms of setting, characters, and stands(like being the personas). It's where I thought Araki went really hit his drive with making set piece fights, and incredibly interesting stands.

Part 7 is just as good as everyone says it is. It feels like a complete story not restrained to being in a weekly magazine. Also I'm a big history nerd, so having a part take place in the wild west made it much more enjoyable with the atmosphere. Like when it got to meeting Mountain Tim my inner fanboy was screaming.
May 3, 2014 10:45 AM

Oct 2012
Sakata-san said:
Part 7 is just as good as everyone says it is. It feels like a complete story not restrained to being in a weekly magazine. Also I'm a big history nerd, so having a part take place in the wild west made it much more enjoyable with the atmosphere. Like when it got to meeting Mountain Tim my inner fanboy was screaming.

I don't feel like SBR is a complete story, considering Araki left questions about the origins of the story completely unanswered, such as:

Also, I kinda don't like some other parts of the story, like

Even worse was how Araki handled the ending, being like
May 3, 2014 11:07 AM

Jul 2010
fluffybunnyboy said:
Sakata-san said:

I don't feel like SBR is a complete story, considering Araki left questions about the origins of the story completely unanswered, such as:

Also, I kinda don't like some other parts of the story, like

Even worse was how Araki handled the ending, being like

SBR is complete, everything else you want to know is just your personal wish.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2014

132 by JosVoogt21 »»
Apr 20, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - May 9, 2014

167 by fgowy »»
Apr 13, 11:37 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

159 by HilariousPerson »»
Apr 9, 8:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Sep 12, 2014

276 by Will_Keisuke_ »»
Mar 27, 6:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2014

217 by OVERJRIVE »»
Jan 23, 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.