Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 12, 2014 8:59 PM
Apr 2014
Hello,

I love Hellsing and I love videogames. A lot of discussion has been made about having a Hellsing videogame, the pros and cons and if it would work or not. I'd like to think it would work, but it seems the creators don't have many plans on making one.

BUT, what if instead of making a full blown game, they teamed up with an existing series?

I'm sure most of you know a little game called Castlevania, right? Or at least have heard about it. I believe a partnership between Castlevania and Hellsing would be great. I mean, think about it, Hellsing is about an organization killing other vampires, ghouls and creatures and Castlevania is about a family/group that goes out and kills other vampires, ghouls and creatures. The voice actor for Alucard, Crispin Freeman, voiced Hector in Curse of Darkness. Both are/were the main protagonists of that specific thing. Most of the characters have a different variety of weapons, as does Alucard and Seras, and both series have a large fanbase. Also, according to Freeman, anime sales have been declining in recent years and it's more viable to do videogames, so it could help the Hellsing series immensely.

I know there are a few problems, the main problem being there's already an Alucard in Castlevania and that Hellsing's Alucard is OP, but here is what I'm thinking.

To start off, only have Hellsing's Alucard and Seras and playable characters after the story as a bonus thing, or as DLC, and have Alucard as a super hard option and maybe have Seras as a normal/hard difficulty. Alucard can use his guns and for a special ability, depending on health and situation, can release Control Ark Restrictions. Seras can use her shadow arm and her harkonen as weapons and for a special attack she can go into a blood rage or use her arm as a big attack to wipe out all the enemies on screen.

That's what I got so far basically. What do you guys think?
Apr 12, 2014 9:00 PM

Aug 2008
See Gungrave or FFVII Dirge of Cerberus.

Not entirely clear on what you mean by Castlevania in this context. 2D or 3D?

As an aside, I would find an airdasher (2D anime-esque) fighting game interpretation of the Hellsing series interesting.
Guilty Gear might be the closest we currently have.
DeseradaApr 12, 2014 9:05 PM
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Apr 17, 2014 4:31 AM
Apr 2014
Just Castlevania in general. It would probably benefit being 3D more, but 2D isn't bad.
Apr 17, 2014 8:27 PM

Mar 2014
Deserada said:
As an aside, I would find an airdasher (2D anime-esque) fighting game interpretation of the Hellsing series interesting.
Guilty Gear might be the closest we currently have.

I'm with you on that. I actually like that better than the Castlevania idea, personally.
I wouldn't mind a Hellsing fighting game that was something along the lines of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fighting games.
::End of Transmission::

May 26, 2021 10:30 PM
Dec 2017
i wish they made one in the style of dmc.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

154 by aronbebop »»
Apr 22, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.