Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2014 11:45 PM
Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The only thing that I liked about this episode was the return of Zudomon and MetalGreymon! I was disappointed with Zudomon because he didn't do much ;_;

I was surprised that Tai and TK kissed that french girl ^^I thought that Kari and TK were an item but now that I think about it they didn't have any romantic moments in the anime. Oh well, atleast I have Sora and Matt.
Jun 2, 2014 1:25 PM

Jul 2013
emeraldrosary said:
I was surprised that Tai and TK kissed that french girl ^^I thought that Kari and TK were an item but now that I think about it they didn't have any romantic moments in the anime. Oh well, atleast I have Sora and Matt.

Digimon does a terrible job handling their couples tbh. I get they had always planned for Matt/Sora to happen but to me it came outta nowhere. I think Tai/Sora made much more sense given their small crushes on each other. I think TK and Kari seem like a couple just because of how protective he is of her, but I think that just carried over from when he had to protect her during the battle with Piedmon. Although I really would have liked for them to get together too...it feels almost like a waste not to have them as a couple.

Whatever, Tai/Sora and TK/Kari will always be canon in my heart.
Jan 15, 2015 10:12 AM

Jul 2013
Fake Santa Gennai looks like Waldo lol

Yeah, it was nice to see Zudomon again. His design is awesome!
May 7, 2015 4:51 AM
Jun 2012
This mini-arc is pretty bad. It's really boring and nothing about it makes sense. Well, one more world tour episode to go...
Jan 17, 2016 5:03 PM

Jul 2012
So in the first half Zudomon an Ultimate couldn't do anything to Scorpiomon who is also an ultimate until 2 champions helped him and even worse in the 2nd half 4 ultimate digimon were beaten by 2 ultimate and a champion digimon. Geez

Wish they stayed a little consistent with powerlevels. Couldn't they have just made MetalGraymon Digivolve into WarGraymon? at least then it would make some sense.
Jun 24, 2016 7:00 AM

Feb 2013
Takeru and Taichi in Paris were funny.
Mar 18, 2017 5:17 AM

Dec 2010
The first part was pretty awful... "It is Gennai". Nope retards, stop saying it.

French segment was, suprisingly, guite good! TK grandpa was funny and well written.

But man, fo we have creepy Digimon kidnappers now :D?

So in the first half Zudomon an Ultimate couldn't do anything to Scorpiomon who is also an ultimate until 2 champions helped him and even worse in the 2nd half 4 ultimate digimon were beaten by 2 ultimate and a champion digimon. Geez

1. They needed 2 ultimates to beat Scorpiomon in Adv01
2. MagnaAngemon OP.
May 3, 2017 6:32 PM

Apr 2017
Catherine best grill

Also i loved how there weren't any non-french "citizens of France" in this chapter.
All of them were ethnically french. Viva la France
--------
Mar 29, 2019 7:35 AM

Apr 2009
Where did the santa claus gennai belly go?
Nov 21, 2019 5:54 PM

May 2008
Awful.

How is French easier than English? They're both Latin languages...
May 15, 2020 5:55 AM

Jan 2017
Not really digging these world tour episodes, especially with power levels kinda thrown out the window
Jun 3, 2021 2:18 PM

Oct 2020
dingo sounded like he was having a stroke more than introducing himself

Oct 4, 2021 3:37 AM
Sep 2010
Sakarii said:
Awful.

How is French easier than English? They're both Latin languages...

What? English is not a Latin language, is based on anglo Saxon.

But about the episode (and the entire series): boring. This arc, as others said, is the worst but the entire series is boring as hell. This last episodes are really lazy. All the "Gennais" have the announcer voice actor as well as any new character (like Takeru's grampa). I always like to see Metal Mamemon or Giromon on screen, so that was ok.

As someone said, the requeriments for new CC being just witness the events in DA(01) is so stupid... A lot of other children were there watching when Greymon fought Parrotmon, but only 8 were chosen.
Oct 6, 2021 2:52 PM

May 2008
GabrielDuro said:
What? English is not a Latin language, is based on anglo Saxon.

So I looked it up, and you're right. It's not considered one. It's more a derivative due to how much influence it had on English. Either way, I don't think one would have trouble learning either language if they knew one due to how much Latin roots are in both.

Thanks for forcing me to do a bit of research.
Feb 7, 2023 8:12 PM

Apr 2011
I like the second portion of the episode because it's set in Paris! Paris, France! I like the appearance of Yamato and Takeru's maternal grandfather, Michel. Plus, their being 1/4 French is interesting. That, and Catherine. She is my favorite international Chosen Child.

Code Lyoko, we'll reset it all
Code Lyoko, be there when you call
Code Lyoko, we will stand real tall
Code Lyoko, stronger after all

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 32 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

7 by ImVodkAna »»
Apr 12, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 50 Discussion

FarAwayTimes - Nov 12, 2010

30 by ReeeDr »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 27 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

11 by Veck8699 »»
Oct 25, 2023 11:24 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 17 Discussion

Chouninatte - Mar 27, 2014

7 by Veck8699 »»
Oct 23, 2023 10:31 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 8 Discussion

dolphin456 - Apr 5, 2012

9 by PureStone »»
Aug 5, 2023 11:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.