Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 1, 2013 1:04 PM

Dec 2012
-Shuda- said:
So Eren lied to Reiji and went with her plan anyway. I guess it was for the best.

I like how Cal finally lost her composure and went crazy on Mio, her dialogue was pretty meaningful too since Mio really has no idea at all what the world outside her comfort zone is like. I was a little disheartened at the scene afterwards but, that "farewell" sounded much more meaningful than an apology to me, so Cal is in the good books again :). (Also she told Eren her location and to bring her clothing).

Also, when Cal began to laugh, then cry and wimper out Reiji's name, it was really heart-felt. It's as if you could even feel her frustration and pain. Cal, hang in there!

So the duel between Ein and Drei is set, Mio is "safe", and Mio's mom has noticed something about Reiji...

Oh yeah, Scythe is up to no good yet again.

5/5

The real finale starts here!
I totally agree with you (even though you'll probably never watch this).
I also liked the part when Eren explained to Mio, that when Reiji Cry or smile, it's for real!
Apr 24, 2013 8:14 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
DarkShards said:
Cal's personality change and look was too sudden for 2 years. It kind of kills the old smart little girl image of her when she is a completely illogical person now.

It's like all of the sudden she becomes extremely bitter about all the pain and suffering she went through when she was younger. 14 year old Cal was a lot more level headed than she is now. Yes I've never starved for three days and been hit or live in a dangerous world like she did, and I do understand that would have been tough as hell, I probably would've wanted to die if I were in that situation as a kid, but telling it to Mio does absolutely nothing. Yes, she went completely nuts, unable to control her anger, and then crying and feeling guilty, saying she will probably go to Hell for this. Well if she knew what she was doing was wrong, then she shouldn't have resorted to all this in order to look for Reiji. I'm no belittling Cal's love for Reiji or anything, but wow is she obsessive. Cal is the foil to Eren in terms of love I guess. From what I see, Cal wants to be loved back and is bitter at Reiji to the point that she wants to "kill" him, even though I don't think she would actually do that. On the other hand, Eren, although I'm not sure if she loves Reiji in the romantic way, wants to protect Reiji, as he is her raison d'etre. Eren and Cal are completely different in terms of their way of thinking and showing their love for Reiji.
Nov 4, 2013 5:12 AM
Nov 2013
Such great buildup to the finale. That ending monologue made my vision blurry abit
Jan 23, 2014 5:41 PM

Aug 2013
I don't think that in any scenario Cal survive. If Eren kill Cal, then it's over. If Cal kill Eren, Reiji will not be able to forgive her and will have to kill Cal.

It look like some people will disturb them, Scythe being one of them.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 28, 2014 6:26 PM

Jul 2013
There's no going back now... I'm sure one of them will die.. Either Elen or Cal..
Jan 29, 2014 2:08 PM

Oct 2012
Finally, another well done episode, pretty intense. Scythe is making his last move, the show's back on track. Poor Mio, she has to endure all this... but at least she survived.

So that Cal's behavior she had was only a mask to shelter her from outside world... poor soul. Man, I so don't want her to die :/

I wonder whether they mention Elen background story and if she remembers her identity in the end.

But more and more, I really start to think this won't end well.
Mar 31, 2014 4:43 PM

May 2012
Cal is still sad from when she was left behind :| and well I wonder how the standoff will go and how the story will develop further in the next couple episodes!
May 9, 2014 1:42 PM

Jul 2013
I can see Cal killing Eren and then Reiji killing Cal. Mio will somehow end up dying and then Reiji will be all alone again.
Jul 10, 2014 9:37 PM

Oct 2013
Well not really liking were this is going starting to be kind of laem and cheesy wish they were fighting against inferno or Scythe but instead they have to fight amunst themselves ????
wth
[/quote]
Feb 9, 2015 2:19 AM
Aug 2014
So Cal's character makes even less sense now; impressive.
Feb 23, 2015 2:05 AM

Sep 2014
So Mio doesn't wear a bra. What kind of high school girl doesn't wear a bra?

That was some Kannazuki no Miko shit right there when Cal ripped off her clothes.
Apr 29, 2015 9:30 AM

Jul 2014
Can someone please just fucking kill Cal already. This show would benefit so much by simply getting rid of her and her stupid and unreasonable out of character bullshit.
Aug 12, 2016 11:56 PM

Jul 2008
Ugh, time for the big battle royale. Scythe better get his...
Apr 2, 2017 7:31 AM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

Cal just wants Reiji to save her. It's not really revenge that she's after.
Jul 29, 2017 11:16 AM

May 2015
reiji and cal are the worst assasins ever
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 20, 2017 10:41 AM

May 2017
Can someone tell me if he knows the name of the music/ost on this episode when Cal starts to shoot Mio to frighten her? :O thanks in advance :O
Nov 23, 2017 12:00 AM

Jan 2010
Why is Reiji still in school? Why did Reiji and Elen even go to school in the first place? Was it just for Elen to keep track of Mio? But then Mio isn't even in school anymore due to being kidnapped, and Reiji was planning on fleeing anyways, so why is he still in school waiting for Elen? Wait, did they even need to go to school to accomplish this? I feel like I missed something there.

Also, really? Cal telling Mio to forget everything goes against her whole rant and treatment of Mio. There were some serious steps missed here.
Apr 17, 2018 10:37 AM

Aug 2014
I really hope Cal does not die. She did not deserve this at all. I feel so sorry for her. Her crying Reiji's name like that tore at my heart. I always liked Cal, she really did not deserve such treatment. Damn these story writers..I HATE THEM
Mar 22, 2019 2:34 AM

Feb 2011
Ah this arc has been awful... Cal has no reason to act like that. She's basically venting her frustrations about her life on a person that has nothing to do with it at all. Shame... this show had potential in the first half.
Feb 23, 2020 11:28 AM

Nov 2016
Cal finally broke down for a bit there. Only logical that her "tough act" was only there to compensate(ended up overcompensating) and to protect herself. Still hated it.

Introduction of the Zahlen Sisters gives me hope that we won't get a death match between Reiji and Cal that will last till the very end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 5, 2020 4:43 PM

Aug 2009
The stakes don't really feel that high, seeing how Mio isn't a very interesting character. Scythe suddenly has an army of Phantoms, so the fact that we have Ein, Zwei and Drei, who were supposed to be these rare superpowered assassins, suddenly not being special anymore kind of ruins the tension.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Apr 15, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.