Forum Settings
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 6, 2014 12:55 AM

Apr 2009
Is this just the anime being adapted to manga form, or will this feature new content? Or maybe even extend the stoy

I just saw this on the Kill la Kill page and was wondering what it was
Apr 6, 2014 8:12 PM

Dec 2013
I don't think it's something to worry about. Compared to the adaption, I'm not sure the manga can keep up. I haven't read through it yet but knowing how fast paced Kill la Kill was, pretty sure the manga would be slow. Maybe I'm wrong anyway, I personally prefer the anime as do many others. I hope there's a second season coming along even if the anime finished beautifully, I just want to see more Kill la Kill.
Apr 17, 2014 6:57 PM

Feb 2014
This is just a manga adaption; the anime came first, so I doubt they will include anything drastically different. Although, it's not unheard of for a mangaka to mix it up a little. But any differences in here are totally irrelevant to the creators of Kill la Kill so I wouldn't worry too much.
~ ビーせんぱい
We stand in awe of that which cannot be seen, and we respect with every fiber that which cannot be explained.
May 22, 2014 1:40 PM
Feb 2014
Looking at the anime and manga pages of Kill la Kill, the anime and the manga started to be showed and published at the same date. So I wonder if there'll have something different.
Jul 7, 2014 2:23 PM
Mar 2011
Its not all that often you hear of a series being first created in Anime form and then later being made into Manga, so you would hope there will be differences given they have the opportunity.
and i agree with what was previously stated, the Anime was far too fast paced to be accurately adapted into Manga. those of us who think "WTF is going on!?" when reading Bleach Manga dont know how good we have it ;)
Jul 27, 2014 3:18 PM
Jan 2014
UshioxChanx711 said:
Its not all that often you hear of a series being first created in Anime form and then later being made into Manga, so you would hope there will be differences given they have the opportunity.
and i agree with what was previously stated, the Anime was far too fast paced to be accurately adapted into Manga. those of us who think "WTF is going on!?" when reading Bleach Manga dont know how good we have it ;)

What are you talking about?? Most original anime get a manga adaptation.
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Code Geass
Anohana
Gurenn Lagann
Cowboy Bebop
And many more.
Oct 16, 2014 5:36 AM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
RedHawk02 said:
What are you talking about?? Most original anime get a manga adaptation.

Not "most" by a long shot, but most popular ones, sure. That being said, I've yet to see one manga adaptation that came after the original anime that didn't pale in comparison (FLCL being one of the worst offenders in my experience). Conversely, the opposite is typically true for anime adapted from original manga (Trigun and Gantz, I'm looking at you fiercely!).

EDIT: Having read the six currently available chapters, confirming: this isn't up to par at all. So far it looks like a storyboard for the TV version, but without actual animation the pacing doesn't translate well at all in action scenes, and the lack of music and voice acting detracts from emotional connection and impact (besides, I think the character art style was better in the anime).

If I hadn't seen the show, this would have been just "stuff happening" to me. In fact I'm only reading this and able to comprehend he content because I absolutely adored the show and want to have anything else at all officially related to it. :
moozoohOct 16, 2014 12:02 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2014

3 by HentaiWarior »»
Jun 14, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Chapter 17 Discussion

SmillieReacts - Mar 1, 2019

3 by prospektmyra »»
Jun 4, 2020 1:49 PM

» Does this cover the entire story?

KnuckleDragger - Jul 12, 2016

3 by ShadowOnyx01 »»
May 9, 2020 3:05 AM

» Anime vs Manga

Luna0 - Oct 21, 2014

3 by EvenJellyOn »»
Apr 7, 2015 11:06 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Chapter 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

2 by Asuka_10 »»
Aug 19, 2014 2:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.