Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 2, 2014 7:42 AM

May 2009
For those who hate it like I do. There is no love triangle nor drama in Bokura wa minna kawaisou.

Mod Edit: spoiler warning added.
ThangLongApr 5, 2014 10:31 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 2, 2014 5:13 PM

May 2013
Thanks for clearing that up. i loved Sakurasou so when I saw the recommendation I thought "hey, if it is really like sakurasou, I might actually rethink choosing not to watch it!" I'll probably check in on it to see if it turns out well anyway; I haven't read or heard of the source material and it doesn't seem to be appealing to most people. I'm not intrigued by the concept enough to watch it, so you really saved me!
Apr 3, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2008
Only reason I'll probably watch it is because of the lack of comedy this season (I don't consider things like DaL2 and Dragonar being 'comedy').
Apr 3, 2014 1:18 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah, it is probably better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2014 10:58 PM

Nov 2012
bastek66 said:
For those who hate it like I do. There is no love triangle nor drama in Bokura wa minna kawaisou.

No bullshit drama and/or love triangles? Def gonna give this a chance now.
Apr 3, 2014 11:00 PM

Dec 2012
That already makes it better and worth watching.
Apr 3, 2014 11:02 PM
Aug 2011
Okay that's cool because Sakurasou = trash.
Apr 3, 2014 11:11 PM

Nov 2012
all of a sudden I want to check this out now.
Apr 3, 2014 11:12 PM

Apr 2012
parfaited said:

^

Apr 4, 2014 12:37 AM

Nov 2013
No love triangle(yet), no bullshit drama that makes no sense(yet). This anime looks very promising so far and characters are all likable. Usa and Kawai seem to have good chemistry for a good romantic development and that sasquatch-looking guy was hilarious.. Fuck Sakurasou.
Apr 4, 2014 12:59 AM

Jan 2010
It was pretty funny, I like it so far.
Apr 4, 2014 1:07 AM

Apr 2013
tsudecimo said:
That already makes it better and worth watching.

Agreed.
Apr 4, 2014 3:07 AM
Dec 2011
The first episode was Sakurasou with more obnoxious characters.
Apr 4, 2014 3:18 AM

Oct 2013
Sakurasou shoulda stick with its SoL they just made it so god damn cliché and predictable
Apr 4, 2014 5:47 AM

Apr 2008
Hunter2X2 said:
The first episode was Sakurasou with more obnoxious characters.

This, not sure why everyone is saying "it's okay, it's not Sakurasou" when the only difference is that the characters might subjectively be more or less annoying.

I personally found Sakurasou's characters far more annoying, but I guess it depends on whether or not you prefer an obsessive/nympho girl and an actually retarded girl to a bookworm and a borderline/alcoholic girl.
Apr 4, 2014 5:52 AM

May 2013
In other words, it isn't bad? It has a tomboy, after all. I might consider picking it up.
Apr 4, 2014 7:10 AM
Jun 2011
That's good because Sakurasou was garbage.
Apr 4, 2014 7:15 AM

Apr 2009
parfaited said:

a big NO!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2014 7:16 AM

Aug 2013
Lol @ anyone who loved or even liked Sakurasou, just lol. Sakurasou was literally one of the top 5 worst piles of shit I have ever watched, right up there with Guilty Crown and Kaze no Stigma.

There is literally no reedemable trait about that show. The fact that this show is NOT like Sakurasou is why I'm watching it.

ezaya said:
parfaited said:

a big NO!

Lmao
Apr 4, 2014 7:18 AM

Nov 2013
I liked it. Good art, comedy and likable characters. It doesn't have to be like Sakurasou to be good...
Apr 4, 2014 7:24 AM

Aug 2013
Aditya07 said:
I liked it. Good art, comedy and likable characters. It doesn't have to be like Sakurasou to be good...

Exactly, it just has to NOT be Sakurasou to be good :)
Apr 4, 2014 7:26 AM

Feb 2011
I haven't seen Sakurasou but what does it have to do with this show?
Apr 4, 2014 7:27 AM

Sep 2011
Tw1tcHy said:
Lol @ anyone who loved or even liked Sakurasou, just lol. Sakurasou was literally one of the top 5 worst piles of shit I have ever watched, right up there with Guilty Crown and Kaze no Stigma.
theres your keyword so with this, quit shoving your views down others throats for liking what you dont

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 4, 2014 7:44 AM

Aug 2013
JizzyHitler said:
theres your keyword so with this, quit shoving your views down others throats for liking what you dont

Hahaha cry some more, see if I care. Good job just trying to use the line in your signature is seem so proud of.
Apr 4, 2014 7:46 AM

Jul 2008
Tw1tcHy said:

There is literally no reedemable trait about that show. The fact that this show is NOT like Sakurasou is why I'm watching it.

ezaya said:
parfaited said:

a big NO!

Lmao

Did you never consider that what you like might be shit and what you don't isn't?
Apr 4, 2014 7:49 AM

Apr 2014
This is much better than I expected
Apr 4, 2014 7:50 AM

Sep 2011
Tw1tcHy said:
JizzyHitler said:

Hahaha cry some more, see if I care. Good job just trying to use the line in your signature is seem so proud of.
Iv always quite loved the assumption of trying to prevent immature and easily avoidable arguments by preventing or hindering provocative statements is seen as "crying"

listen dude ill just lay it out, I dont care if you like or dislike whatever show, but being a dick about it and trying to force your own views on everyone else is really immature and uncalled for, we dont need to all agree and disagree on some objective truth to one's quality as a show and having unpopular opinions are a good thing as they signify independence and individualism, however when you try to force that individualism on others it creates unnecessary problems.

I'm not asking you to conform to someone else view on a show's quality, im asking you to stop trying to get others to conform to yours

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 4, 2014 7:56 AM

May 2013
well it is better in term of romance and reality

sakuraso is a bit stupid to me in term of reality and i hate the main characters too
Apr 4, 2014 8:12 AM

Jan 2013
Lmao dat hate for Sakurasou. Well what can I say. Haters gonna hate.
After watching the 1st episode, I'd say this anime is pretty good.
Apr 4, 2014 8:23 AM

Jul 2010
parfaited said:
Apr 4, 2014 9:14 AM

Apr 2012
I like how some of you idiots are rating this show down after one episode just because some random guy said it was like one of your favorite shows. Fucking butthurt dumbasses.
Apr 4, 2014 9:14 AM

Oct 2011
Getting a similar feeling to me.
Apr 4, 2014 9:32 AM
Jun 2012
The amount of passive aggresivness in this thread amuses me.
Apr 4, 2014 9:42 AM

Dec 2012
phyun said:
because some random guy said it was like one of your favorite shows. Fucking butthurt dumbasses.

He said it's not.
Apr 4, 2014 9:49 AM

Jul 2008
phyun said:
I like how some of you idiots are rating this show down after one episode just because some random guy said it was like one of your favorite shows. Fucking butthurt dumbasses.

Found the butthurt guy.
Apr 4, 2014 9:57 AM

Apr 2013
phyun said:

Why would they rate it down if it's similar to something they like?
Apr 4, 2014 10:03 AM

Jan 2014
Naxrrhid said:
bastek66 said:

No bullshit drama and/or love triangles? Def gonna give this a chance now.

i dont think sakurasou had any love(put aside triangles),i hate when an anime pretends that it has romance in it
Apr 4, 2014 10:07 AM

Sep 2013
i liked sakurasou. To those who hate it, why do you hate it? was it not made similar or like how the manga/light novel was made or what?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Apr 4, 2014 11:01 AM

Sep 2012
^
Wondering the same thing as the guy above.

I liked Sakurasou too. Why do some guys have to bash it? And if you think it's trash then fine but you don't have to force your opinion down other peoples throat. Also I think you are exaggerating if you're saying it's one of the worst show ever.

I don't mind you bashing Sakurasou if you've seen the whole series but some of you bash it when you didn't even finish the whole series and that kinda pisses me off.
AyacchiiApr 4, 2014 11:41 AM
Apr 4, 2014 11:05 AM

Dec 2012
Jose07 said:
why do you hate it? was it not made similar or like how the manga/light novel was made or what?

The following is some of my reasons

But to make it shorter, I greatly dislike it, because of the second half of it, and the direction it took.
Apr 4, 2014 11:32 AM

Jul 2008
Jose07 said:
i liked sakurasou. To those who hate it, why do you hate it? was it not made similar or like how the manga/light novel was made or what?

This is really off topic since this isn't even a Sakurasou forum. But...I just didn't enjoy the show. The characters were annoying. The main guy screamed all the time. No concrete ending. Also, the themes the show brought up like hard work vs. innate talent were really interesting, but they didn't really flesh them out. They just mentioned them all the time when Shiina would succeed and everyone else would fail. (Also, I know it is an anime and tons and tons of anime do this, but it annoyed me that they were just in high school but between them they were creating games and anime and manga. Those are not normal standards to judge yourself by.) The show was really angsty and I cringed a lot while watching it. People comparing it to Toradora kind of blew my mind.
Apr 4, 2014 11:37 AM

Aug 2013
tsudecimo said:

But to make it shorter, I greatly dislike it, because of the second half of it, and the direction it took.

just like him I enjoyed the 1st half of it.
Apr 4, 2014 11:46 AM

Aug 2013
Suddenly turned into the Sakurasou-hate thread, it is a disappointing anime but take this shit somewhere else.
Apr 4, 2014 1:27 PM

Feb 2011
this is far better than that bag of turds Sakurasou was.
This is at least funny. Really funny.

Apr 4, 2014 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
Shangetsu said:

Did you never consider that what you like might be shit and what you don't isn't?

Nope, best taste master race checking in. Although I have admitted numerous times in the past that maybe I have shit taste to some degree because I didn't care for TTGL that much.

JizzyHitler said:

Iv always quite loved the assumption of trying to prevent immature and easily avoidable arguments by preventing or hindering provocative statements is seen as "crying"

listen dude ill just lay it out, I dont care if you like or dislike whatever show, but being a dick about it and trying to force your own views on everyone else is really immature and uncalled for, we dont need to all agree and disagree on some objective truth to one's quality as a show and having unpopular opinions are a good thing as they signify independence and individualism, however when you try to force that individualism on others it creates unnecessary problems.

I'm not asking you to conform to someone else view on a show's quality, im asking you to stop trying to get others to conform to yours

No dude, I'LL lay it out. You are making an assumption that I am shoving my opinion down people's throats. No I am not. Show me where. Right now. Show me. I'm waiting.

Oh that's funny, you can't. Expressing my dislike for the show doesn't mean I'm forcing my opinion down anyone's throats. This is exactly why I said you're just looking for an excuse to refer to the line in your signature lmao.

Ayacchii said:
^
Wondering the same thing as the guy above.

I liked Sakurasou too. Why do some guys have to bash it? And if you think it's trash then fine but you don't have to force your opinion down other peoples throat. Also I think you are exaggerating if you're saying it's one of the worst show ever.

I don't mind you bashing Sakurasou if you've seen the whole series but some of you bash it when you didn't even finish the whole series and that kinda pisses me off.

Do you really me want me to list it all out? It's kind of lengthy, but I will.

Again, no one's opinion is being forced down someone else's throats. People need to stop whining because there is a strong vocal majority that disagrees with their opinion. I am dead serious in saying it's one of the worst. Misaki is borderline Downs syndrome, and Mashiro is already there.

Unfortunately, I've seen the whole series. Every last second of it.
Apr 4, 2014 4:18 PM

Apr 2013
Tw1tcHy said:

Tw1tcHy said:
Shangetsu said:

Nope, best taste master race checking in. Although I have admitted numerous times in the past that maybe I have shit taste to some degree because I didn't care for TTGL that much.

Lol. Top 5 worst piles of shit you have seen, yet you give it a 6. http://i.imgur.com/ZaLM9wf.png
You obviously didn't hate it as much as you are saying you did. Put your School Days rating in there as well to show off your "best taste".
Apr 5, 2014 12:54 AM

Aug 2013
Mills said:

Lol. Top 5 worst piles of shit you have seen, yet you give it a 6. http://i.imgur.com/ZaLM9wf.png
You obviously didn't hate it as much as you are saying you did. Put your School Days rating in there as well to show off your "best taste".

Oh wow, thanks bro, I thought I had it down as a 5. Should have checked, don't want people thinking I liked it more than I really did. I've never gone below 4 or else I would have dropped the show right away.

And fucking LOL'd hard, did you seriously think School Days was a serious rating? I really thought it was obvious it was a troll rating. Almost all of my MAL friends have it rated a 10, maybe it's just an inside joke between us only and not as obvious to the rest of the world.

See for yourself, out of the 22 of my MAL friends who have watched it, exactly half of them gave it a 10/10. #20 rates everything a 1, and you can see that on his list yourself, so I won't count him. The others are mostly 8s or 9s and I assure you those are not serious as well. We actually all just tricked someone into watching the whole thing about two days ago, can link you to that too if you want.

http://i.imgur.com/fBmuJll.png

Will be taking my "best taste" crown back. Thank you for holding onto it for me peasant.
Apr 5, 2014 3:30 AM
Jul 2013
Jose07 said:

Contrived, overdone angst, plus the story goes in circles during the second half. The technical qualities are quite good though, thanks to a top notch directorial and scriptwriting team. Nevertheless, the problem goes right back to the source and premise.

That said, I think this premiere is pretty bad, albeit in different ways.
Apr 5, 2014 4:06 AM

Apr 2009
Shangetsu said:
Tw1tcHy said:

ezaya said:
parfaited said:

a big NO!

Lmao

Don't trash talk Sakurasou cause it's one of J.C. Staff's best work.
Apr 5, 2014 5:04 AM

Jul 2011
bastek66 said:

Thanks for the information! Now I'm sure I will love it even more because I hated Sakurasou.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

263 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 6:46 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

83 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 5:18 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

124 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 4:35 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

163 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2014

91 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 14, 2023 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.