Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Can someone be reborn as an ant without dying? And do you consider them the same person?

New
Mar 27, 2014 11:55 AM

Jan 2014
So, If the queen simply consumed a finger or a piece of flesh of someone, would she not be able to bear an ant based on his genes, while he'd still be alive?
How do they retain memories? Does it have to do with consuming the brain or is that irrelevant?

Another thing, based on that, can Pokkle, Ponzu and Kite still be alive? As ants? And if they were, do you consider reborn ants the same people reincarnated? Or just a new creature with fake memories of a past life that was not his? You need to remember those were living things before being given the memories, so I would say they are just giving that "data" that isn't theirs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2014 7:32 AM

Feb 2013
judals said:

Another thing, based on that, can Pokkle, Ponzu and Kite still be alive? As ants? And if they were, do you consider reborn ants the same people reincarnated? Or just a new creature with fake memories of a past life that was not his? You need to remember those were living things before being given the memories, so I would say they are just giving that "data" that isn't theirs.

Pokkle could've come back I guess. Ponzu was shot to death and eaten by some random ant so she's never coming back as anything.We can talk about Kite once the anime's further ahead.

As for the rest of the question, it can be pretty much summed as "what makes a person him/herself? I don't consider the ants to be people, since well, their ants. But you could argue that they are the same individual deep down.
Apr 4, 2014 12:50 AM

Jan 2014
What about my first question? Can they be reborn without dying? i.e their DNA is consumed and they are given birth to as ants, while still alive?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2014 12:53 AM

Dec 2012
judals said:
What about my first question? Can they be reborn without dying? i.e their DNA is consumed and they are given birth to as ants, while still alive?

Nope.
Apr 4, 2014 12:54 AM

Jan 2014
I asked for a counter-argument, not just a yes-or-no question...why not?
Apr 4, 2014 12:57 AM

Dec 2012
Because it didn't happen in the arc?

I'm not Togashi. I can't counter argue some pesudo fictional science, that is only relevant and made for one arc.
Apr 4, 2014 1:45 AM

Jan 2011
judals said:

DNA is for Body form
memories needs soul
body without soul = 0
Apr 4, 2014 1:56 AM

Jan 2014
dark-chaos said:
judals said:

DNA is for Body form
memories needs soul
body without soul = 0

No one said it required soul to be reformed as ant, for all we know memories could be done Assassin's Creed style by DNA.

AND, a lot of ants don't even possess the memories. So... Phagogenesis could for example, take a DNA of Gon consumed by the queen, and add his traits to a new ant, while he is still alive.
Aug 30, 2015 3:49 AM

Jun 2015
Grunbeld said:

You have to die, to be REBORN.

What you are talking about is called cloning.

So yes its possible.

But there is a stark diffrence in genetic memory and actual brain based memory.
Nefer-chama talked about it a bit.

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.