Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2014 8:11 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Raw's finally out! Special featuring the Sanada brothers.
This totally made me want to get the game now >.> This special/OVA is more of a teaser for the game, I find.

Overall it was pretty good I find, the OST is the best part for me and while the CG horses looked a bit weird, it was mostly at the beginning. Lack of Hanzo and a few other characters is a bit disappointing but quite understandable.

Condensed plot description:

Siege of Ueda castle with some intro about Takeda Shingen and Oda Nobunaga (and bits of Mitsuhide) at the beginning. We start off with the intro for the Sanada brothers and how Takeda's death affected them. Fast forward a few months and the Sanada built Ueda castle. Yukimura worries about their position, being flanked by three big forces, and voluntarily becomes a hostage for the Uesugi, thereby meeting Kanetsugu, Uesugi Kagekatsu, and Ishida Mitsunari. Nobuyuki is having some dilemma as to what to do about Tokugawa's unfair order to hand over their territory which results in him going out and running into Ina (Canon OTP) by the riverside. They exchanged words over what they fight for and the siege starts. *lots of stuff happens i.e. brilliant ambushes by Nobuyuki, Yukimura reinforcements, Kunoichi's awesomeness, and Mitsunari's magical fan* Ends with Nobuyuki mentioning to Yukimura about wanting to see the world after the chaos (foreshadowingggg).

Dont wanna spoil ending lawl but again, overall pretty good 8/10 from me.
Apr 8, 2014 3:29 AM

Jun 2012
watch this made me want to play this game again ._.

overall it was okay, lack of character and action (the action is only good after yukimura appears from uesugi), too many muscle man lol we need more woman XD

but at least, kunoichi still well made <3

7/10 for me
Nov 9, 2014 1:01 PM

Oct 2014
Never been a fan of these games but I want watch it as it features awesome character designs. Hope somebody will add engish subs first
Nov 11, 2014 1:21 PM
Memelord Mcgee

Jun 2014
Is this shit EVER getting subbed? I've been waiting for almost 10 months now lol
"Ayyy lmao" - Lil B
Nov 12, 2014 11:30 PM

Oct 2014
Somebody needs to provide subs
Jan 11, 2015 10:10 AM

Sep 2009
it on Crunchy and Funi now!
Jan 11, 2015 4:10 PM

Apr 2008
Just caught it on CR - not too shabby! Looking forward to seeing what the main series will offer.
Jan 11, 2015 4:13 PM

Jun 2012
Is this a prequel or something I should watch to make sense of the 12 episode anime?
Jan 11, 2015 4:50 PM

Dec 2011
Dammit, I want to play the game again
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2015 7:21 PM
Memelord Mcgee

Jun 2014
IT FUCKING GOT SUBBED

THANK YOU ANIME JESUS
"Ayyy lmao" - Lil B
Jan 12, 2015 2:53 AM

Jan 2013
Hm...well... it's like one arc adapted in a (almost) one hour movie.
Those are definitely faces to remember for the anime.
Jan 13, 2015 5:37 AM

Feb 2008
I didn't really like the pacing of the first half, but the action bits made it fun.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 21, 2015 11:03 AM

Feb 2014
I think liked the dude with the horns and the fan the best. He's so bad**s. Although I felt like the ninja girl was really annoying>

Haha I thought that when they showed the burning castle in the beginning, that was the Sanada's castle. Then it would have been: "let's build a casle for us to live in!" and then "A few months later, the castle burned" xD

Lol the spearmen were defeated by cavalry?

I'd give this a 7-8/10. It wasn't anything amazing, but it was pretty darn entertaining. It did a good job of explaining the characters and events, although the pacing was pretty fast.

They had some cool strategic tactics! Whoa samurai anime is pretty cool! xD
Noodle070Jan 21, 2015 11:21 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2015 12:45 AM

Apr 2011
Overall it was really good!! I loved Nobuyuki's strategy when Ieyasu's vanguard attacked.
The OST even reminded of a previous melody I've heard many times which I believe is this one, during the defense of Ueda Castle.

Luckily I've had some previous knowledge of these games beforehand and it's still pretty funny and cool to see Yukimura blow off opponents like it's nothing (even Mitsunari with his fan!).

The fight with Tadakatsu Honda was amazing, and I was kind of hoping for his theme to show up (at that point though, I guess it would meant Honda would win...)
KomomoFeb 3, 2015 12:48 AM
Apr 1, 2015 2:48 PM

Dec 2012
I watched this one after the anime, and it was also good. Now, I understand why Nobuyuki acted like that.
7/10
May 31, 2015 5:54 PM

Nov 2013
This only need blood :/
7/10

May 29, 2016 2:19 PM

Feb 2015
I dont know why it took me this long to watch this but I'm glad I started now because I cant remember much of the game other than its characters (or in this case, lack of them) and it's always nice seeing game characters anime-ated.

Everyone looks exactly how I expect them to look like, especially Tadakatsu and except Ina... she looks, uh... weak... very weak, I mean, there's something about her face that screams WEAK!

I hope the TV series has the Hojo, if not them, then Naotora, she should appear... no, must appear.

Would like to see one for dynasty warriors 9 when it ever gets announced.

More topics from this board

» Airing Info.

tsubasalover - Jan 10, 2014

1 by ArtemisMeiko »»
Mar 20, 2014 11:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.