Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2009 6:01 PM

Oct 2008
Buddha Saitan..

At first, I had misread it as Buddha Satan.. *chuckle*

So, its sponsored by Happy Science, a religious conservative group, not to mention that the movie is an adaptation of a novel by their leader. Supposedly, I would have no interest in something like that but...

Surprisingly, Koshimizu Ami is going to voice the female protagonist. The director is the same guy who directed Sakura Taisen, a popular series. Koyasu Takehito is also part of the seiyuu cast which is no surprise as that I think he will probably voice one of the villians again. Hmm... This is something interesting.

Honestly, if Koshimizu-san isn't part of the seiyuu cast, I probably wouldn't consider to watch the anime the slightest. Speaking of which, it seems that Happiness Realization Party had decided to field some candidates in the August 30th election revoking their plans to back the ruling coalition but that is irrelevant.

Anyways, I wonder what the anime is about.. The rebirth of Buddha sounds way too vague. Hope the animation is at least good..
Aug 29, 2009 7:01 PM

Oct 2007
The director of Chaos;Head and MapleStory? That bit doesn't sound so promising.

Sep 15, 2009 2:50 PM
Apr 2009
So it this supposed to be a propaganda series/film?
Or is this fictional - I'm not clear on that fact.

Either way - I stumbled across the trailer for this & it piqued my interest so needless to say I'll be watching this when it airs in October.
Dec 9, 2009 12:38 PM

Jul 2008
Is this something different from Maitreya, Buddha of the future? Are they suggesting that the actual historical Śākyamuni Buddha is going to come back?
Feb 2, 2010 2:36 AM

Oct 2008
Opako said:
So it this supposed to be a propaganda series/film?
Or is this fictional - I'm not clear on that fact.

Either way - I stumbled across the trailer for this & it piqued my interest so needless to say I'll be watching this when it airs in October.

Happy Science is a conservative Buddhist group that is involved in politics and religion. The anime movie is about a girl that is capable of seeing supernatural entities but the story includes alien invasion and also the rebirth of Buddha. Generally, there is a very thin line between fiction and propaganda like any other animes with similar themes. However, if you are expecting to see an anime that focuses on Buddhism, you may be very disappointed as that it is nothing like that.

Why?
Happy Science =/= Buddhism
Kira01Feb 3, 2010 6:09 PM

More topics from this board

» Buddha Saitan movie Discussion

mel-hime - Oct 15, 2010

7 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Jul 23, 2021 8:04 AM

Poll: » Buddha Saitan Episode 1 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 29, 2013

3 by PumpkinSpicePie »»
Aug 19, 2019 11:06 AM

» Trailer

Kira01 - Oct 23, 2009

0 by Kira01 »»
Oct 23, 2009 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.