Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2009 1:57 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"Look at me."
-Tiffa

This was a pretty epic episode. We see a Newtype born in combat and get an impressive battle. You really learn to fear Newtypes everytime you see the Flash system in action. It's one thing to be surrounded by bits/funnels & have to deal with that. It's another thing to multiply your mobile suit forces into a platoon with just one capable Newtype pilot. I was really hoping to see Garod awaken in this episode. But he showed some ballsy moves in saving Tiffa.

There's no denying the Frost brothers' intentions at this point. Everything's going to come to a head at the Newtype Research Facility.
Jan 9, 2013 11:21 AM

Jun 2012
I can't understand one thing: If they wanted to kill all of this guys who had chance to become Newtypes, why didn't they do it earlier? They could just had shoot them. Maybe there is a secret plan behind it, I don't know. Well, looks like the next arc is going to be in the Newtype research facility :)

Looks like Garrod and Tiffa relationship will get better, after getting worse. Oh my God, I love them so much <3
Apr 13, 2013 4:33 PM

Sep 2010
So I guess the Frost Brothers want to eliminate newtypes for a reason. Maybe it has something to do with them being "F"s?

I loved the Garrod/Tiffa moment at the end I just had to screen cap it. Seeing how this is Gundam I sense this pairing is not going to end well. I think if I remember correctly the three romances that actually got happy endings were all from Gundam 00. I didn't count AGE since the women were just there as baby makers and there was not much development in any of the relationships.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 30, 2013 10:34 AM
Oct 2011
Roloko said:
Seeing how this is Gundam I sense this pairing is not going to end well. I think if I remember correctly the three romances that actually got happy endings were all from Gundam 00. I didn't count AGE since the women were just there as baby makers and there was not much development in any of the relationships.

well, there are more. kamille and fa, in ZZ. shiro and aina, in the 8th ms team. seabook and cecile, in the crossbone manga (and a bit already in the F91 anime.) uraki and nina, in 0083. and didn't uso and shakti ended together in Victory? in short, I tend to disagree, while the romance often ends a bit sad, it does not always end bad.
Sep 11, 2013 4:29 PM

Aug 2013
Really, another disposable pilot with special abilities, sigh! It's like they are just throwing the same plot at us four times in a row.
"Nothing is sweeter than your smile"
Nov 29, 2014 8:32 AM

Jun 2012
That last scene was so sweet.

chillock said:
Really, another disposable pilot with special abilities, sigh! It's like they are just throwing the same plot at us four times in a row.
Well technically yes but the Frost brothers are trying to kill all potential newtypes the federation has and its easier if they pretend theyre helping with the flash system research than to just downright assassinate all of them and make enemies out of the federation.
Sol_OuNov 29, 2014 8:40 AM
Feb 13, 2015 7:14 AM

Jul 2010
Am I the only one getting really tired of Frost brothers shit? Really don't even like them as antagonists...
May 24, 2020 10:56 AM

Jan 2013
The frost brothers are the worst antagonists Ive seen in a while
Apr 21, 2021 11:04 AM
Apr 2021
The Frost Brothers have a worse case of chronic backstabbing disorder than Char at this point. I was hoping older newtype guy would become a staple for an arc but he dies too quickly.
Nov 30, 2021 1:56 PM

Oct 2013
I'm gonna go against the flow here and say that I'm liking the Frost brothers. They're surely more rounded villains than the Titans from Z or the nonsensical shit Zechs pulled in Wing.

Roloko said:
I loved the Garrod/Tiffa moment at the end I just had to screen cap it. Seeing how this is Gundam I sense this pairing is not going to end well. I think if I remember correctly the three romances that actually got happy endings were all from Gundam 00.

acelanceloet said:
well, there are more. kamille and fa, in ZZ. shiro and aina, in the 8th ms team. seabook and cecile, in the crossbone manga (and a bit already in the F91 anime.) uraki and nina, in 0083. and didn't uso and shakti ended together in Victory? in short, I tend to disagree, while the romance often ends a bit sad, it does not always end bad.

It hurts to know how many people didn't watch G Gundam. Seriously, it's one of the better series...
Radnitzky1890Nov 30, 2021 2:01 PM
Nov 14, 2023 1:35 AM

Jul 2017
Garrod and Tiffa are the cutest thing in existence.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » After War Gundam X Episode 1 Discussion

OmegaRed - Mar 19, 2008

25 by nazunaf_g »»
Mar 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » After War Gundam X Episode 5 Discussion

DonKangolJones - May 24, 2009

10 by Awesomepants25 »»
Mar 6, 9:48 PM

Poll: » After War Gundam X Episode 4 Discussion

DonKangolJones - May 24, 2009

11 by Awesomepants25 »»
Mar 6, 9:36 PM

Poll: » After War Gundam X Episode 39 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Sep 5, 2009

48 by Neemesis_2 »»
Nov 16, 2023 6:50 AM

Poll: » After War Gundam X Episode 38 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Sep 5, 2009

11 by Neemesis_2 »»
Nov 16, 2023 6:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.