Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 23, 2014 12:25 AM

Oct 2013
I got tired of this show back when it was first announced.
Mar 23, 2014 1:15 AM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Yes if the source material is crap I'd rather see some good ecchi and lighthearted episodic stories. Especially from Maken ki, rarely do we get curvy lady ecchi. It's usually lolis and skinny high school girls.

And thank you.

Haha i can see you are very comfortable with your love of ecchi. And "curvy women" are all over anime, especially Maken Ki. Japanese have huge tit fetishes since the majority of their women are smaller breasted.
I dunno, i was in to ecchi when i was younger and in high school but even then it was mostly manga. for some reason when its in print form, ecchi manga can still show heart behind it, as well as the gags being funnier. But as soon as pure ecchi mangas are adapted into anime then lose the heart and go straight for panty shots and ridiculous boob jiggle physics. Its mind melting... im 26 now and can't stand it. The cliche crap i used to enjoy doesn't cut it anymore.

People need to hold anime to a higher standard.
Mar 23, 2014 9:03 AM

Nov 2010
Dazedonthemoon said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Yes if the source material is crap I'd rather see some good ecchi and lighthearted episodic stories. Especially from Maken ki, rarely do we get curvy lady ecchi. It's usually lolis and skinny high school girls.

And thank you.

Haha i can see you are very comfortable with your love of ecchi. And "curvy women" are all over anime, especially Maken Ki. Japanese have huge tit fetishes since the majority of their women are smaller breasted.
I dunno, i was in to ecchi when i was younger and in high school but even then it was mostly manga. for some reason when its in print form, ecchi manga can still show heart behind it, as well as the gags being funnier. But as soon as pure ecchi mangas are adapted into anime then lose the heart and go straight for panty shots and ridiculous boob jiggle physics. Its mind melting... im 26 now and can't stand it. The cliche crap i used to enjoy doesn't cut it anymore.

Bib boobs =/= curvy women. Maken ki girls have more meat all over, not just in their boobs.

The rest of your post is pointless. At least I can appreciate anime for all the different things they do rather than holding them to some arbitrary standard.
Mar 25, 2014 6:30 PM

Dec 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Dazedonthemoon said:
IntroverTurtle said:

And thank you.

Bib boobs =/= curvy women. Maken ki girls have more meat all over, not just in their boobs.

The rest of your post is pointless. At least I can appreciate anime for all the different things they do rather than holding them to some arbitrary standard.

Just wanted to show my support to you and Maken-Ki S2, Intro. Thank you for your great arguments towards this show.

Honestly I really hate how much of MAL userbase goes full on hate for anything that isn't large overarching plot focus with forced drama, like the whole Needless and Sengoku Collection hate from MAL was crazy when they aired, especially since the hate was towards something the series never even claimed to aim towards delivering to its audience.
Mar 26, 2014 2:31 PM

Apr 2013
Dazedonthemoon said:

I wanted to specifically point this out. First off, anime is not high art that you would see in various museums, or be up there with classic art. It is pop art, or just entertainment.

There are a lot of shows not just in Anime, but in all styles and genres that can define a TV generation, season etc. At the same time there are shows that are horrid that ruin everything that could be good in something. Then there is a type that knows it's audience and knows what the show is about and has fun with it.

Maken-Ki falls into the third option, it knows what type of show it is and does not hide from it. While there was some great points where the ecchi really pushed it to awesome lengths. There were a lot of groan worthy moments also, that they fell flat on.

Also to say S1 was "better" is ridiculous, the plots in S1 and S2 where only there for the reason to show the girls in scantily clothes and fight, or do anything in general. Hell looking at my box set for this, the tagline for S1 was "Magic is their BREAST defense". This tells the viewer what they are in for.

Also to call out your age in why you are not interested in it. Age really does not matter, if your 16 or 26, it may not be your interest. It happens peoples taste change over time, who knows when you are 36 you might fall in love with ecchi again.

As for am I getting tired of this, since I watched the 10 episodes more sporatic and just watched it when I wanted just to relax and have a chuckle or something mindless, I was able to tolerate and enjoy parts of it. Although I wish we got more kind of story like episode 10 had for the entire season. Good one shot stories against random villain.
I am starting my own blog now; but you will probably not like it.

https://goodbadotaku.wordpress.com/
Mar 27, 2014 7:43 AM

Nov 2013
Actually I liked this anime though especially season 2. Although it has no plot, story whatsover. But it cheers me up when I am in a bad mood. Just finished it, some episodes are kinda funny :) . Overall I rate 8/10.
Newbie :P
Mar 28, 2014 1:42 AM
Nov 2013
HikikomoriGamer said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Dazedonthemoon said:
IntroverTurtle said:

And thank you.

Just wanted to show my support to you and Maken-Ki S2, Intro. Thank you for your great arguments towards this show.

Honestly I really hate how much of MAL userbase goes full on hate for anything that isn't large overarching plot focus with forced drama, like the whole Needless and Sengoku Collection hate from MAL was crazy when they aired, especially since the hate was towards something the series never even claimed to aim towards delivering to its audience.

A story without a plot isn't a story at all.

I came into this expecting a sea of fanservice, and that's what I got. Except, I also expected it to have at the very least, a single strand of plot. Perhaps I raised my standards to high, because this happened not to have a single bit of plot. Heck, it was all tits. That's literally all it is. "Never aimed towards delivering its audience". Are you saying this story never opted to have a plot? Because if that's the case, I can clearly understand why the hates coming.
Mar 31, 2014 1:15 AM

Jun 2013
Im sorry yes some of the slice of life epsiodes were good, but a whole season was nonsense. Plus the Ouken Yamato arc ended, and was a pretty dam good arc, so they could have easily fit that in. I don't mind fan service episode but not for a whole season, especially when the story arc is actually pretty good.

I mean we basically got a 10 episode OVA, and not a second season.

Even the TLR ovas are actually based on the manga.
Apr 8, 2014 2:01 AM

Mar 2013
trust me in very aware there is an audience for these types of shows. ecchi ecchi ecchi everywhere. i get it. my previous posts would be pointless if it was 10 years ago when ecchi (like todays standards of what ecchi is) was few and far between.

But now because of people completely in tune with their inner big sweaty pervert have taken over and put their money where their fap rag is. So it seems like almost the majority of anime that shows up in most seasons is blown out the wazzoo with blatant fanservice, boob jiggles, panty shots and pervy mishaps. so yes when MOST anime is making me get that creepy feeling like "what the hell am i watching? this would be a decent drama/action/comedy/whatever but the camera keeps panning to her boobs and panties every 3 seconds!"

Im not saying ecchi shouldnt exist but because the people that like it are throwing money at it, it is becoming a part of all genres to sell better. and most people cant act like that creepy perv when they have a gf, good job or social life. no one wants to be with that kind of creeper... except other creepers. Its all incest and jiggle jiggle jiggle....gross. eventually western and eastern Otakus will get nastier and creepier and wonder why the world shuns them.... maybe they wouldnt if they held anime to a higher standard and threw money at anime and manga that is thought provoking and classy.
Apr 9, 2014 3:16 PM

Jun 2012
ichii_1 said:
Knows it's heavy ecchi no plot, still complains - typical.

I laugh at these idiots who complain about an Ecchi anime filled with heavy fanservice. It's labeled Ecchi for a reason.

I loved the third episode. lol
CzechbiohazardApr 9, 2014 3:22 PM
Apr 9, 2014 3:21 PM

Nov 2010
Dazedonthemoon said:
maybe they wouldnt if they held anime to a higher standard and threw money at anime and manga that is thought provoking and classy.
So you don't want them to spend money on anime they like, but instead on anime you like. That's extremely stupid.
Apr 10, 2014 1:53 AM

Jun 2013
Look yes, ecchi is expected in this type of work, but some plot is also expected. I don't think I have ever seen a show literally have 12 unrelated slice of life episodes for one entire season with no plot, even Motto Ru had some plot.

If someone literally wants no plot, that is what hentai is for. Hell, even hentai has more plot then Maken Ki 2. So more nudity, more sex, more plot. Why even bother with Maken Ki season 2.
Apr 11, 2014 10:30 PM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Dazedonthemoon said:
maybe they wouldnt if they held anime to a higher standard and threw money at anime and manga that is thought provoking and classy.
So you don't want them to spend money on anime they like, but instead on anime you like. That's extremely stupid.

This might actually be one the extremely rare occasion where yes, i believe i'm right and you're wrong. This sick perversion is affecting everything anime these days. To where mangakas and writers literally can't create more thoughtful works because they aren't selling.

Suzune-chanApr 14, 2014 5:47 PM
Apr 11, 2014 10:34 PM

Nov 2010
Dazedonthemoon said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Dazedonthemoon said:

This might actually be one the extremely rare occasion where yes, i believe i'm right and you're wrong. This sick perversion is affecting everything anime these days. To where mangakas and writers literally can't create more thoughtful works because they aren't selling.
Well then I'm glad we live in a world where you're able to think whatever you want, regardless of if it's right or wrong. And your inexperience is showing, you even have Shinsekai Yori as a 10 and other new anime rated high.
Apr 12, 2014 1:06 PM

Jan 2013
yes I'm tired of this, that's why I'm waiting for the BDs, press fast forward, mark down times for ecchi scenes, edit out the non ecchi scenes (bull, haruko attacking men), done.
Apr 13, 2014 9:21 PM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Dazedonthemoon said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Dazedonthemoon said:

Well then I'm glad we live in a world where you're able to think whatever you want, regardless of if it's right or wrong. And your inexperience is showing, you even have Shinsekai Yori as a 10 and other new anime rated high.

You know its hilarious when you take the high road with the first part of your reply but then go completely pompous at the end of it when saying someone has inexperience because they liked a show more than you.

What does new anime being rated a 10 have to do with anything? I stand behind my 10 on Shinsekai Yori. It was AMAZING. Groundbreaking in the world of anime where everything is cliche and ripping off each other. It had the courage to break the mold of everyday anime. The actual show may have been a 9 or high 8 in my opinion but the sheer creativity and originality of that warranted a 10 for me. I know it sold like crap in Japan, for all the reasons i'm bitching about on this thread with you.

Plus it was based off a novel, not a LN or manga. A freaking novel. I explain on my profile that most of my anime is rated high because i dont watch anime if it bores me or i dont like it. Why put yourself through that? There are so many anime out there so why keep watching ones that I would rate 5 or lower? I have waaaaay better stuff to do... and many other hobbies like reading, playing lots of video games, playing drums, working full time, and what am i missing.... oh yeah, having sex with my girlfriend. All of that sounds a million times more enjoyable than forcing myself to watching stuff i dont enjoy.
DazedonthemoonApr 13, 2014 9:30 PM
Apr 13, 2014 9:43 PM

Nov 2010
Dazedonthemoon said:
What does new anime being rated a 10 have to do with anything?
Dazedonthemoon said:
To where mangakas and writers literally can't create more thoughtful works because they aren't selling.
That and other high rated recent anime show that it's not literally impossible to create more thoughtful works.

Dazedonthemoon said:
Plus it was based off a novel, not a LN or manga. A freaking novel.
You said mangaka or writer, it was a writer that made it so it counts.
Apr 13, 2014 10:18 PM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Dazedonthemoon said:
What does new anime being rated a 10 have to do with anything?
Dazedonthemoon said:
To where mangakas and writers literally can't create more thoughtful works because they aren't selling.
That and other high rated recent anime show that it's not literally impossible to create more thoughtful works.

Dazedonthemoon said:
Plus it was based off a novel, not a LN or manga. A freaking novel.
You said mangaka or writer, it was a writer that made it so it counts.

Haha ultimate douche to break down stuff like I meant it applies 100% of the time.

When I said "To where mangakas and writers literally can't create more thoughtful works because they aren't selling." That meant that there aren't as many as there used to be. 15, 10, even 5 years ago, the anime industry had a lot less pervy themes and characters in them. I miss the heyday of past where I could enjoy ALOT of anime without having excessive fanservice force fed to me, now it is very very FEW. Shinsekai Yori in particular was a breath of fresh air, and i probably wont see anything like that in a long long time because of how horrible it sold.

I emphasized a novel being adapted over a manga or LN because of how RARE it is. The original book is very complex and thought provoking as MANY novels can be. Light novels and manga TEND to be much more simple (though not always) partly because there is much less written out and pictures tend to provide the atmosphere instead of long paragraphs that leave only your imagination to put together what an author of novels is implying.

You seem to be nitpicking instead of actually having something to debate about. But that must be really hard when I provide solid reasoning and supportive statements to what I'm discussing and your argument is hurr durr durr, i like jiggly boobies.... uuuuuhhhh ::drool::
Apr 13, 2014 10:26 PM

Nov 2010
Dazedonthemoon said:
Haha ultimate douche to break down stuff like I meant it applies 100% of the time.
You're older than me and you don't know the definition of literally. smdh

Dazedonthemoon said:
That meant that there aren't as many as there used to be. 15, 10, even 5 years ago, the anime industry had a lot less pervy themes and characters in them. I miss the heyday of past where I could enjoy ALOT of anime without having excessive fanservice force fed to me, now it is very very FEW.
Over 18 of your 10s are from the past like 4 years. That's over half. Either they have less pervy stuff or you enjoy the pervy stuff too.
Apr 13, 2014 10:45 PM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Over 18 of your 10s are from the past like 4 years. That's over half. Either they have less pervy stuff or you enjoy the pervy stuff too.

Like i said i only watch what i like out of the seasons, so lets say there are 25 animes a season (a low estimate), Thats 400 animes in 4 years. So 18/400 shows i rated 10 in last four years. Thats not alot guy. Keep trying though.
Apr 13, 2014 10:53 PM

Nov 2010
Dazedonthemoon said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Like i said i only watch what i like out of the seasons, so lets say there are 25 animes a season (a low estimate), Thats 400 animes in 4 years. So 18/400 shows i rated 10 in last four years. Thats not alot guy. Keep trying though.
Doesn't matter, you've been watching anime for 15 years? And around 18/31 of your 10s are from the last 4 years, that's around 58% of the anime you consider a masterpiece, has came out within the last 4 years, so it falls within your "recent anime is worse window". When you said earlier that anime isn't the same as it was 5, 10, and even 15 years ago. So maybe you're right, in your opinion, they're getting better.
Apr 13, 2014 11:30 PM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Dazedonthemoon said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Doesn't matter, you've been watching anime for 15 years? And around 18/31 of your 10s are from the last 4 years, that's around 58% of the anime you consider a masterpiece, has came out within the last 4 years, so it falls within your "recent anime is worse window". When you said earlier that anime isn't the same as it was 5, 10, and even 15 years ago. So maybe you're right, in your opinion, they're getting better.

And you are assuming I've listed every anime i've every watched on MAL. Don't have the time nor do I care to do that. When i started this site a little over just ONE YEAR AGO I briefly added what i remembered from the past but doesn't nearly come close to what i've seen. The more recent stuff is well logged into my anime list because I've been using the site frequently to keep track of the series and episodes I'm on. I get side tracked with life alot and forget where im at so this site helps me with that.

Also the ones i remembered to add from long ago tend to be ones i thought were great. I'm not going to waste time adding stuff i watched 10 years ago that i thought was just meh.

I just have a lot of other things i enjoy in life. Also, many anime i watch i don't add because why? I don't feel the need to drop an animes score of MAL if i hated it and only watched a bit of it.

You seem to of wasted a lot of time going through my list and assuming things you don't know anything about.
DazedonthemoonApr 13, 2014 11:34 PM
Apr 13, 2014 11:40 PM

Nov 2010
Dazedonthemoon said:
And you are assuming I've listed every anime i've every watched on MAL. Don't have the time nor do I care to do that. When i started this site a little over just ONE YEAR AGO I briefly added what i remembered from the past but doesn't nearly come close to what i've seen. The more recent stuff is well logged into my anime list because I've been using the site frequently to keep track of the series and episodes I'm on. I get side tracked with life alot and forget where im at so this site helps me with that.
Yeah, I'm assuming that you list the anime you've watched on an anime listing site. How horrible of me. And I bet you haven't, that's what they all say. I was able to add all the anime I'd watched(when I had about 400 in my list) within a couple of weeks when I first joined.

Dazedonthemoon said:
Also the ones i remembered to add from long ago tend to be ones i thought were great. I'm not going to waste time adding stuff i watched 10 years ago that i thought was just meh.
So even though you pulled that "I haven't listed everything" thing, it's pointless as you're already admitting you've added all the ones you thought were great. I was only talking about your 10s(which you say you've added probably everything of), what anime you watched that were meh make no difference.
Apr 14, 2014 12:47 AM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
And I bet you haven't, that's what they all say. I was able to add all the anime I'd watched(when I had about 400 in my list) within a couple of weeks when I first joined.

You said it yourself, it took you a couple of weeks to add them all. All I was willing to waste was one day. I told you what I use MAL for, and thats cataloging what i'm currently watching. I could give a shit about looking up every anime ive watched in the 15+ years before i used this site. You don't have to believe me.

You've made 17,613 posts in about 4 years being on MAL. Ive made 30 in a little over a year. Shit, i've doubled them just talking to you. That should tell you something.
Apr 19, 2014 4:13 PM
Oct 2011
This was weird, I don't know what in hell's name is possessin these studios, they see a manga doing well, well enough to be serialized, so they serialize it ignoring everything in the manga, WHY?

This isn't the first, 2nd or even the 10th time I've seen this, Anime should be nothing but an animated version of the manga, always.

I don't really care if it has "too much" ecchi or not, just don't ever make a full season of fillers for no goddamn reason.
May 4, 2014 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
morshuwarrior said:
IntroverTurtle said:
I like it better. They shouldn't attempt a story because it's shitty anyways. At least now we get some curvy women ecchi scenes.
Pretty much this. Not everything needs a damn plot.

I actually agree. I don't watch shows like these for the plot anyways since (even if they have one) they usually suck balls. Ecchi series are generally really bad at delivering a truthfull plot that makes me interested. It mostly feels cheesy and lame when a show like this tries to do something it can't.

Whenever I see people crying about shows like this not having a plot, I picture a teenage girl who just had her first period screaming about how no one loves her and that everyone hates her.
May 6, 2014 12:05 PM

Aug 2012
Even without the plot the ecchi was still terribly executed. I don't know what you guys see in this anime that's remotely entertaining.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
May 8, 2014 2:14 PM

Jan 2013
gamer2710 said:
Even without the plot the ecchi was still terribly executed. I don't know what you guys see in this anime that's remotely entertaining.

better than the 1st season's fanservice scenes which were mostly stills.
May 12, 2014 5:23 PM
May 2014
everything always could be better. you just need to learn to take it as it is , or dont bother watching.

Does anyone know when the maken ki two season bd dvd will be available for purchase in the usa?
Mar 19, 2019 1:53 PM
Dec 2018
This season had no plot like none at all ugh I wish this show did the actual story and not just fan service fillers
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Two Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

35 by Lingt »»
Jan 27, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Two Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2014

37 by LAKool-AidGang »»
Aug 3, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Two Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2014

81 by Dhfuiffjkhfvv244 »»
Dec 24, 2022 8:35 AM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Two Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2014

52 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 8, 2022 4:08 PM

Poll: » Maken-Ki! Two Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2014

30 by arnxx »»
Dec 17, 2021 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.