Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2009 5:20 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really liked this the Naruto and Sasuke in the rain scene was lovely.

Oct 10, 2010 9:34 PM
Mar 2010
at least sasuke wants to find another way to get the m sharingan without killing naruto.
sad
Nov 9, 2010 11:49 PM

Sep 2010
Such an emo episode...

:'(
Feb 5, 2011 7:14 PM

Oct 2008
Aww.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 26, 2011 6:31 AM

Jul 2007
Continuing from the last episode. This is it. The final battle of the series and conclusion. At last the "bond" they shared for so long is broken. This was the "major" plot twist in the series. That ultimately changes the whole course of the story in shipuuden.

These last few episodes have really tried to show the true story behind these 3 characters in the story involving bonds, friendship and revenge and how both naruto and sausske share the same way of life of solitude. Kishimoto wanted to make this very realized at the conclusion. Which i thought was an amazing way to finally reveal the whole depth of these 3 characters at the end.

At the end you also see the brief glimpse of one of the members of the Akukiski organization.

Alot of speculation arose on this episode i remember back in the early years when i was watching this show. Rather or not Sasuske will turn to the good side or become evil. Of course people that watch shipuuden now, of course already know this.

In any case these last few episodes were personally my favorite episodes in the series. 133 just blew my mind as far an epic battle sequence. even though the studio slightly altered the animation design. It seems as though the studio really put alot of work into this battle to make it look and stand out the most amongst all the battles in naruto.

ArtimesGamerApr 28, 2011 10:07 PM

Apr 28, 2011 10:50 PM

Jun 2009
Depressing is probably the best way to describe this episode. It certainly isn't "fun" to watch two best friends beat the shit out of each other but it still makes for intoxicating anime in any case.

I guess I wish Sakura could have played an at least some what bigger role during all this even though I know she had no chance in hell of stopping them but, what can I say? I like her and wish she had a bigger role because of that.

In any case, I'm glad that Sasuke decided to let Naruto live because it at least shows he still has some concern for him. Though, you could certainly argue that he did it to spite Itachi. Which I doubt myself.

Anyone else think it was pretty ballsy to end the main canon storyline of this first series with Naruto losing? I bet a lot of people watching this originally were surprised as all hell with the conclusion. Though us who know of Shippuden know the outcome was necessary.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 23, 2012 1:36 AM
Mar 2012
Fantastic episode and an emotional one as well.
Apr 13, 2012 8:55 PM

Nov 2011
Yea very emotional end to a very intense battle. Sure a little too many flashbacks bit all seemed necessary in order for this to have the full effect.
Nov 11, 2012 11:27 AM

Jul 2012
I just can't believe Sasuke beat the nine tailed fox....even with that fucking curse mark. Hell, the way this show hyped up the nine tailed fox to be all that... I thought Ochimaru or even the Hokage couldn't defeat it. Then Sasuke does it? Wtf....
I absolutely detest this guy. Not to mention his mindstate is fucking pathetic.."oooh I want revenge and I'm gonna behave just like the guy I wanna kill to get my revenge" - Great going pal. He has turned into my least favorite character real fast.
SixthNov 11, 2012 11:32 AM
Sep 30, 2013 7:24 PM
May 2013
who was that akatski member at the end? he seems powerful. Great episode, good to see naruto alive, and that sasuke didnt kill him.
Aug 7, 2014 7:58 PM
Jul 2018
Epic. I'm just angry Naruto lost but..., epic.
Also, I really didn't remember that Akatsuki member appearing from the ground... Well, now the story can progress...
Aug 21, 2014 6:43 AM
May 2012
Just like what Gai/Guy said: Being lucky is a part of your skill. Something like that. I think, Sasuke just got lucky. Well, I am glad that he didn't kill Naruto to gain the "Mangekyou Sharingan". His wings are pretty disgusting to me.
Heartbreaking episode </3 Everything is about to change now.
Heh, I don't remember Zetsu appearing at the end, too.
Well, I guess I'll take a shower now and feel the rain, too~

Sixth said:
I just can't believe Sasuke beat the nine tailed fox....even with that fucking curse mark. Hell, the way this show hyped up the nine tailed fox to be all that... I thought Ochimaru or even the Hokage couldn't defeat it. Then Sasuke does it? Wtf....
I absolutely detest this guy. Not to mention his mindstate is fucking pathetic.."oooh I want revenge and I'm gonna behave just like the guy I wanna kill to get my revenge" - Great going pal. He has turned into my least favorite character real fast.

Dude, that's not the nine-tailed fox's true power. Can't you see that only ONE tail is outside??
As I said, Sasuke just got lucky.

link9us said:
Continuing from the last episode. This is it. The final battle of the series and conclusion. At last the "bond" they shared for so long is broken. This was the "major" plot twist in the series. That ultimately changes the whole course of the story in shipuuden.

These last few episodes have really tried to show the true story behind these 3 characters in the story involving bonds, friendship and revenge and how both naruto and sausske share the same way of life of solitude. Kishimoto wanted to make this very realized at the conclusion. Which i thought was an amazing way to finally reveal the whole depth of these 3 characters at the end.

At the end you also see the brief glimpse of one of the members of the Akukiski organization.

Alot of speculation arose on this episode i remember back in the early years when i was watching this show. Rather or not Sasuske will turn to the good side or become evil. Of course people that watch shipuuden now, of course already know this.

In any case these last few episodes were personally my favorite episodes in the series. 133 just blew my mind as far an epic battle sequence. even though the studio slightly altered the animation design. It seems as though the studio really put alot of work into this battle to make it look and stand out the most amongst all the battles in naruto.

link9us, you are awesome, and I agree to your posts here on the Naruto forums because I read them before I post mine, but I am really bothered that considering you have watched Naruto many times already, you still can't spell some of the words correctly. I don't know if it's your hearing, but if it's your hearing, then there is the subtitles. I am sure that you have seen or heard those words too not just in the show itself. It's Konoha, but you always say Konoho. It's Akatsuki, but you said: Akukiski (very far, man). It's Mangekyou, but you said something like "Maneniki" or something. I am not saying that it's a bad thing. I am just bothered and can't stop thinking about it. Probably because I have a friend in real life who watches Anime, too, and he makes those mistakes, too. I just wanted to let you know. I don't even know why I even bother writing this.
Feb 17, 2015 5:33 AM

Nov 2014
Rewatching!

Sad conclusion! :'(
May 28, 2015 4:18 PM

Apr 2015
Wow! This episode was very heavy to say the least. It was an amazing episode but so sad as well. It was good to see that Sasuke didn't want to kill Naruto in the end.

I'm just speechless. I can't wait to see how far the story goes from here.
Apr 12, 2017 7:34 PM

Dec 2016
The collision between the two of them is one of the most epic things in any anime ever!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 28, 2017 11:31 AM

May 2012
Well that was absolutely intense! Really great episode, looking forwards to see what's next.
Mar 13, 2018 10:51 AM

Nov 2015
Scenes in the rain were amazing.

First time watching Naruto, what an outcome after 134 episodes. Wondering what's coming my way...
May 7, 2018 2:36 PM
Aug 2014
Great Sasuke; you're not going to kill your friend, but you still have no trouble joining someone who killed the leader of your village and a lot worse so you can gain "power".

Was hoping Sasuke and Orochimaru would both be gone by the end of this arc, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
LorezhnoMay 7, 2018 2:39 PM
Jul 27, 2019 7:39 AM

Mar 2015
Good riddance Sasuke, hope the next time we see you is when you're going to die.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 2, 2020 11:22 AM

Mar 2019
Definitely one of the best episodes this far imo.The result of the fight and the aftermath were sad and I love it! And the Akatsuki member at the finale:I saw him in the opening of naruto shippuden,but I still don't know who he is.So many misteries!!!! :D
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 28, 2020 1:06 PM
Jun 2013
Sasuke's new form looks dumb and disgusting.

Sasuke clearly won this fight. Before Naruto started using the 9 tail power and Sasuke using his full curse mark, Sasuke decisively won. That pile driver, frankly, should have straight killed Naruto.

Years ago, I used to think that them being "best" friends was sudden and forced, but when you consider that neither of them really had friends before the team was formed, it makes sense to me now.

Feb 24, 2021 12:45 AM

Dec 2007
great end for great battle, though i remembered it little slightly different (that naruto pulled 2 tails of the kyubi?).

sasuke look really weird in second state, specially those hands/wings.

and a lot of unexplained things of course.
Apr 20, 2021 9:59 AM

Feb 2021
The fuck? Sasuke defeated Naruto using 9 tails power? How come lol? Maybe he was just lucky! And I believe from now on the bonds are broken and the plot will drastically shift. Anyway great episode with the rain scene </3

Jan 4, 2022 5:16 AM

Feb 2014
Damn, Sasuke grew some hands-like wings from his back (or wings-like hands?), he really is a monster, as Naruto said.
Jul 27, 2022 11:57 AM

Jul 2022
I was surprised to see that Sasuke actually managed to defeat nine-tails Naruto, maybe it wasn't the full power of the fox

poor Kakashi, i bet he felt like a shitty sensei at that moment, it was very emotional
Aug 11, 2022 2:23 PM
Nov 2020
well that was the best fight in the original naruto series, I just wish there wasn’t so many cutaways
May 17, 2023 1:36 PM
May 2021
God, I hate Sasuke so much. He's a really well-fleshed out character with the backstory and he has cool powers, but his decisions just made him so goddamn unlikeable.
May 31, 2023 8:37 AM

Jan 2023
that fight was fucking interesting
Aug 12, 2023 4:01 AM

Oct 2022
Man, this episode hurts. Especially the rain scene.
Nov 10, 2023 5:40 PM

Sep 2023
great fight naruto vs sasuke
Jan 4, 6:32 PM

Jul 2017
the way Naruto keeps surviving these battles is truly not okay, makes the show not worth watching
Feb 19, 5:58 PM
Nov 2015
STOPPP OH MY GOODNESS

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 60 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 1, 2009

26 by Matheus050 »»
Yesterday, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 186 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 30, 2009

26 by shoelaze »»
Yesterday, 3:21 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 148 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 20, 2009

19 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 24, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 144 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 19, 2009

16 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 23, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 97 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 8, 2009

27 by Darzaka »»
Apr 23, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.