Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 20, 2014 11:46 PM

Dec 2012
Nee-sama said:
I mean, sure she has stalker tendencies, clingy habits and she'll exaggerate her emotions, but seriously, a LOT of people are like this (okay, maybe not so much on the stalking part)
Aylaine said:
Kouko is realistic in the sense that she's growing as a person throughout the series.

These 2 basically sum up the gist of my opinion on Koko. Sure she is (in all fairness, I should saw 'was') an annoying person - but she's more realistically so than a number of characters in anime I've come across. What a lot of 'haters' may not realise is how near-accurate this representation is of young adults (girls, more often than not, in my experience). Of all the things to criticise about this show (and there's a few), Koko's characterisation would not be one of them for me. Perhaps the exaggeration of certain things (eg. stalking, hitting Yana) make her seem more irksome, however, I'd attribute that to the very medium of anime and its tropes.

The anime could do better with some of the other characters, its pacing and story though, but that's another story for another thread.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 21, 2014 1:11 AM

Sep 2011
Aerensianic said:
iAlice said:
At least Koko has grown a bit,and continue doing that,despite Linda who's rather boring and annoying.

Your comparing a lead character who has 10x the screen time to a side character who doesn't even appear in a fair amount of episodes? Logic

Yet there are tons of people claiming they like Linda better. He simply told the truth.
Feb 21, 2014 5:14 AM

Aug 2012
I don't hate her at all , in fact , i love her.
Feb 21, 2014 6:27 AM

Jul 2013
Nee-sama said:
dragonlight said:

I've always been somewhat of a Kouko x Banri shipper because I felt like it just works, but I like the chemistry Banri had with Linda. The only problem I see is that Linda loves past Banri and past Banri loves Linda.

Actually that's not true and has been stated ad nauseum that Linda only thought of Banri as a friend. They're just friends. There was a moment when that might have happened - the incident with Linda's brother but Banri fumbled the ball there and it never happened.

So friends, yes. Lovers no.
Feb 21, 2014 7:09 AM
Jul 2013
I talked about this with my boyfriend the other day that I find Kouko one of the most realistic/interesting characters I saw in a long time. So I came up with some reasons why people might dislike her. (maybe on a unconscious level)

- She has quite a strong personality and I think if she met her self or people like her she wouldn't get along with them. (and the other way around, people with a similar personality wouldn't get along with her either.. )
- They know someone with a similar personality as Kouko. They don't get along with them. &nd Kouko reminds them of that person.
- People can relate to her on an certain level (Insecure, lonely, wanting attention). Recognize some of her "bad" habits for example her craving for attention but can't understand how she can express her self in such way because they would never do that themselves. (maybe find it embarrassing, just something you wouldn't do etc. )
- Some people watch anime for escapism and just want a simple predictable characters like tsundere, moe, etc. Kouko isn't one of them...

now the stalking part... It's still an anime, it wouldn't make sense if it wasn't a little over the top...

Sorry for my English it isn't my first language and i'm still learning : ) (feel free to correct it if you feel it's necessary ^-^)
Feb 21, 2014 7:18 AM
Feb 2014
Nee-sama said:
TL;DR: You suck, my opinion is right and yours is obviously wrong. This is the internet. I'll keep debating until you realize that Kouko is best girl.

Pretty much basically sums up the whole internet.

Anyway, I also really like Kouko and do agree that she is the most realistic out of all the characters. Her insecurities really bring out the best of her and is the realistic part. Normally, we'd get an almost perfect girl every time but this time we get a not so perfect character that I really like.

I guess people hate her because for the first few episodes, she was honestly annoying and irritating. She was a completely spoiled rich kid brat. And so a lot of people got turned off by this and basically dropped the series because of her. But since they don't know how much she has grown, the hate still lingers on.
5 Centimeters Per Second - Or what I'd like to call as 5 Anime Wallpapers Per Second.
Feb 21, 2014 11:53 AM

Feb 2014
Well, I don't.

In fact, I find her to be the best girl in this anime.
Feb 21, 2014 12:36 PM

Sep 2011
RightSaidFred said:
Nee-sama said:
dragonlight said:

I've always been somewhat of a Kouko x Banri shipper because I felt like it just works, but I like the chemistry Banri had with Linda. The only problem I see is that Linda loves past Banri and past Banri loves Linda.

Actually that's not true and has been stated ad nauseum that Linda only thought of Banri as a friend. They're just friends. There was a moment when that might have happened - the incident with Linda's brother but Banri fumbled the ball there and it never happened.

So friends, yes. Lovers no.

Actually, it is implied that Linda did have feelings for Banri.

Feb 21, 2014 1:04 PM

Apr 2013
In concusion:
The greedier a girl is the higher the chance she'll get the boy (wow , it's totally the opposite in real life).
Linda is the defeated one.

On a serious note.....if you havent read the LN I kinda undestand why you're over your heels for Kouko.

Just keep in mind what is written on RoboKouko's bio page about Yana . I know , I might sound insane but you will see if the anime is faithful to the LN.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Feb 21, 2014 1:16 PM

Jul 2013
Nee-sama said:

Actually, it is implied that Linda did have feelings for Banri.

It's only implied in the anime. If you watched the light stick incident you noticed that she was shocked. She did not enjoy it and was apologizing to Koko profusely. The incident in high school only suggests that she felt bad for hurting Banri. They were close friends and she basically told everyone that she does not like him. So how do you think your best friend feels when he or she hears that.

And the biggest example of her not being in love with Banri...after high school graduation, when he told her he loved her and asked her if she loved him, she had no response. Gun held to head and she did not say yes. That's the point. At that moment the answer was no. 24 hours later it did not change. Linda has repeatedly said they were only friends. Nothing in her demeanor, look, attitude would suggest otherwise.

It's a red herring. Not too mention
. Only the anime promoted that fantasy.
Feb 21, 2014 1:31 PM

Aug 2012
I don't hate Koko that much right now as oppose during the earlier part of the season, but when you mentioned that Koko seems realistic, I stopped reading.

There are a lot of people irl that have insecurity issues and have the tendency to stalk people. But what Koko do is in a degree of unrealism. She doesn't have any self-control.. shouts in public how much he loves Banri (sure, there are some that do this.. but really... almost everyday?) and her low self-esteem contradicts these traits. The exaggeration in Koko might be because this is an anime (anime tropes and all), but there's no way anyone could convince me that Koko is truly realistic.

Almost everyone in this show have issues.. silly issues. And if you ask me if who I want Banri to end up with, I say no one! In my opinion, they don't deserve anyone at all. Resolve their personal issues first then start again.
Feb 21, 2014 2:51 PM

Sep 2011
FluffyFlesh said:
In concusion:
The greedier a girl is the higher the chance she'll get the boy (wow , it's totally the opposite in real life).
Linda is the defeated one.

On a serious note.....if you havent read the LN I kinda undestand why you're over your heels for Kouko.

Just keep in mind what is written on RoboKouko's bio page about Yana . I know , I might sound insane but you will see if the anime is faithful to the LN.

I haven't read the LN, which is exactly why I posted the topic in the anime section, but thanks for letting me know that the anime isn't too faithful to the LN.

RightSaidFred said:

It's only implied in the anime. If you watched the light stick incident you noticed that she was shocked. She did not enjoy it and was apologizing to Koko profusely. The incident in high school only suggests that she felt bad for hurting Banri. They were close friends and she basically told everyone that she does not like him. So how do you think your best friend feels when he or she hears that.

And the biggest example of her not being in love with Banri...after high school graduation, when he told her he loved her and asked her if she loved him, she had no response. Gun held to head and she did not say yes. That's the point. At that moment the answer was no. 24 hours later it did not change. Linda has repeatedly said they were only friends. Nothing in her demeanor, look, attitude would suggest otherwise.

It's a red herring. Not too mention
. Only the anime promoted that fantasy.

There are multiple ways to interpret those scenes, and I understand that Linda might not have had feelings for Banri at all. Really, the more I think about it, the more I agree with your point. Maybe she had a small crush on him because he's just such a hero, but not anything stronger than that. In the end, maybe the reason why she's so attached to Banri now is because she could've lost him back then and she ultimately felt responsible for it.

I'm still more of a Kouko x Banri shipper anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter that much to me.

Feb 21, 2014 3:02 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty much like your character from the avatar if you know what I mean. xD
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Mar 3, 2014 8:14 AM

Dec 2012
Aerensianic said:
iAlice said:
At least Koko has grown a bit,and continue doing that,despite Linda who's rather boring and annoying.

Your comparing a lead character who has 10x the screen time to a side character who doesn't even appear in a fair amount of episodes? Logic

First, you're*.
Second,Mitsuo also didn't have that much screen time,but we could see some changes in him,comparing to Linda.
Third,so you're a fan of Linda if you're getting so annoyed at just a simply opinion. Nice.
Mar 3, 2014 1:45 PM

Jul 2013
kawaii-despair said:
Aerensianic said:
iAlice said:

First, you're*.
Second,Mitsuo also didn't have that much screen time,but we could see some changes in him,comparing to Linda.
Third,so you're a fan of Linda if you're getting so annoyed at just a simply opinion. Nice.

How exactly has Mitsuo's character advanced or matured in any way, shape, or form? He is still exactly the same as he was at the start of the series besides the fact his hair is a different color. Secondly, I don't ship any particular couple because it really doesn't matter to me. If you read my posts for each of the episode you will see me defending most of the characters because frankly it annoys me when people go overboard in attacking character x y or z because they happen to prefer one pairing. Linda is not the focus of this show so of course she isn't going to have as much development as the lead and it is unfair to compare their "development" in such a way and use it as a device to rag on her.

2 out of your 3 arguments are essentially ad hominem that just avoid the issue and your middle argument about Mitsuo is just wrong.
Mar 3, 2014 5:46 PM

Sep 2012
Koko is human?

OMG!?

WHAT?

Welp, time to strike her off my waifu list and start cheering for Linda instead.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Mar 9, 2014 2:56 PM
Jul 2010
I'm a guy but I feel like I can relate to Koko quite a lot. She surely is the most interesting and realistic character in Golden Time.
Mar 9, 2014 3:20 PM

Oct 2012
I have to agree that Kouko is a great character when speaking from a literary standpoint. she's extremely dynamic, and very realistic. That being said she still makes me angry. Her personality type is undeniably infuriating to almost anyone. the dynamic between her (an extremely strong and domineering personality) and Banri (a weak and indecisive personality) is a bit overwhelming. I find it hard to like a romance show if I don't like the main heroine. In this case she even makes me angry, because I know if I met someone like that, I would not have the patience or tolerance for her. Her personality type is upsetting, and quite frankly bitchy. She's just hard to like. That being said, she helps to move the plot along, and makes it interesting. I think personally, that this show should be told from her perspective. It seems to be the general consensus that this story line has a lot to do with Kouko's personal growth and a lot less to do with Banri's. It would also make the love triangle between Kouko, Banri, and Linda more interesting because it is a perspective that is very rarely explored in a seinen genre show. Plus, then the protagonist wouldn't be so wishy-washy and flat.
Mar 9, 2014 7:10 PM

May 2009
Lelouch84 said:
seinen genre show

Seinen is not a genre. Seinen is DEMOGRAPHICS of MANGA/MAGAZINE.
And there is plenty of seinen manga with wishy-washy protagonists.
Mar 9, 2014 10:44 PM

Feb 2011
I think koko is an awesome and realistic character, anyone who has been in relationships can relate right? I don't think it is fair to say how she did this all of a sudden after all her talk, in reality we all go back on words because the situations change. If all the characters were linear and just went with what they said then it would be a really boring anime, this just spices it up. Things like this happen in real life, one person says one thing then they realize what they are getting themselves into, Koko is really just protecting Banri and herself by doing it when he Banri (the non ghost) is still here. It would really suck if she just left it hanging and he turns back into old Banri, think about what she has to go through...

I sorta hope that the plot goes on with this trajectory and make it a depressing ending as the "Golden Time" prediction on reddit suggests because it would for sure be legendary on my anime list (hahahah see my pun :X) if that happened.
Mar 10, 2014 2:32 AM

Oct 2013
I FREAKING LOVE KOKO!

"Hello."

Mar 10, 2014 2:41 AM

Feb 2012
I don't see the sense of this thread apart from the whole idea of making a fuss about on how the character is likeable or not. What's the point? lol
Mar 10, 2014 4:23 PM

Sep 2011
Bluuberry said:
I don't see the sense of this thread apart from the whole idea of making a fuss about on how the character is likeable or not. What's the point? lol

It's mainly a discussion on what people think of Kouko and exploring the type of character she is. There is no purpose to this thread.

That aside, it seems like a lot of people dislike her as a person because her personality stinks, but her character is well developed.
Mar 11, 2014 12:25 AM
Dec 2013
I love Koko so much she is so cute, realistic and... BS

Red flags in REAL LIFE:

1. A man/woman stalking another one excessively with disregard to his warnings/feelings would result in a restraining order.

2. Wearing a wedding dress and making a public scene on your first day to uni or insulting/annoying your new circle of friends is absurd. Red flag!

3. Obsessing with your friend 100% and switching her crazy love to you within a few days is bat shit crazy!!! Biggest red flag about her mental condition.

4. Most of your weekly life is proving that you love her!!! Run don't look back! 10 years later she will still be jealous and controlling and full of mistrust.

5. It is always about her and never about you; Her sadness, insecurity and pain and about how much you love her or made her cry!!! Self-centered to the bone. It is now or never, F*cking run!

6. Her emotions are like a roller coaster. Fun, cutesy and interesting at start like in any rides in an amusement park. But what if I tell you it never stops and you can never get out of the roller coaster. Head aches every day. Yeah, Fucking scary!!!

Koko suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder. google it.
Mar 11, 2014 12:43 AM

Jul 2013
Anime always over exaggerate personality traits so the viewer explicitly knows what they are all about. If you account for that so that all of those traits are present but not as exaggerated then its not that big of a stretch (although the person in question would not exactly be considered fully mentally mature/healthy). Hell you could find worse out in the real world (albeit rarely). Part of the show is the two leads "working" on themselves so they develop into well adjusted people.
Mar 13, 2014 10:12 AM

Feb 2014
I used to hate her at the beginning when she was chasing Yana and was hating on Chinami. But after she and Banri started dating and all those moments they shared, I grew to like her. But someone like that is not at all realistic. But hey, it's anime!
Mar 13, 2014 2:06 PM

Oct 2013
People still fighting over Linda not feeling it for Banri,at least in the past?
She CLEARLY liked him in the past.
There is no "you have no proof" because you too have no proof about the opposite,shes clearly worked under the mindset "its the opposite" so when she was like,he is just a friend,or when she said the answer is clearly no,its actually the opposite.
Mar 13, 2014 5:06 PM

Jan 2014
Don't hate the character, because that's just how the author made them to to be. . .
besides who can blame them, its the creator's/author's fault that they act like to be hated :)
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Mar 13, 2014 5:12 PM

Feb 2014
FrozenRemains said:
People still fighting over Linda not feeling it for Banri,at least in the past?
She CLEARLY liked him in the past.
There is no "you have no proof" because you too have no proof about the opposite,shes clearly worked under the mindset "its the opposite" so when she was like,he is just a friend,or when she said the answer is clearly no,its actually the opposite.

Can you give legit proof she liked him?
Mar 13, 2014 6:24 PM

Mar 2012
Smooched said:
She seems very realistic ...stop right there.

Why did I imagine the guard from Oblivion saying that while I read this xD
Mar 14, 2014 3:28 AM

Apr 2010
People are saying that Koko is not realistic? Oh my, there are really girls out there who are like Koko. Crazy, stalker obsessive kinds. Not everyone is normal as you think they are. Look at the news for example, it shows men and their overbearing girlfriends.
Just because you don't think it's realistic, doesn't mean it really isn't.
Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day, you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.
Mar 14, 2014 3:42 AM
Jul 2018
I get the feeling that the Koko haters are the types of guys who have never been in real relationships and are generally intimidated by girls who arent Rei Ayanami clones.

That said whether koko is realistic or not is unimportant. The truth is that her character drives this story and if she were a relatively stoic mary sue like linda this show would not have been such a hit. The drama and conflict from the story greatly stems from watching koko and her peers struggle with her behavior and insecurities. Clearly those who hate koko here 2 episodes away from the end enjoyed the show enough (despite teh crappy animation) to keep watching. So the show and koko has done its job
Mar 14, 2014 3:44 AM

Mar 2014
Why hate Koko?? She's the most interesting character in the whole story and she's what keeps the plot moving! Even though im a Linda supporter... Without Koko, this show wouldnt be half as interesting lol ^_^
If anime characters were real, i'd probably be the happiest person alive! Or just dead.... ^_^

Mar 14, 2014 5:05 AM

Jun 2012
I think Koko is a great character.

However, I don't think using the word "realistic" is an accurate description of her. I understand that it's being used to perhaps contrast with the boilerplate "un-realistic" characters that female love-interests, in anime, tend towards...but you can't describe features that are, in themselves, excessive and unusual as realistic. She does have growth, yes - but that doesn't make her a realistic character.

Rather, I'd refer to her as a well-fleshed out character, or something along those lines. Calling her realistic is just going to spur more arguments. Besides, if we're using "realistic" in the sense of it being an aggregate example of how people interact in regular, daily life...the award for realism would probably go to Banri or Linda. They aren't necessarily fleshed-out [particularly Linda], but they react to tough situations in ways that aren't always well-thought out...a regular, daily thing.
Mar 14, 2014 5:17 AM
Dec 2013
Koko is my favorite character in the anime by far and to be honest how would you react if the person you love talks about his/her past self loving some one else who happens to be a senpai in the club you go to and then to say those feelings could come up at anytime. Anyone would feel insecure about that.
Mar 14, 2014 5:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Nawhdee said:

However, I don't think using the word "realistic" is an accurate description of her. I understand that it's being used to perhaps contrast with the boilerplate "un-realistic" characters that female love-interests, in anime, tend towards...but you can't describe features that are, in themselves, excessive and unusual as realistic. She does have growth, yes - but that doesn't make her a realistic character.

Rather, I'd refer to her as a well-fleshed out character, or something along those lines. Calling her realistic is just going to spur more arguments. Besides, if we're using "realistic" in the sense of it being an aggregate example of how people interact in regular, daily life...the award for realism would probably go to Banri or Linda. They aren't necessarily fleshed-out [particularly Linda], but they react to tough situations in ways that aren't always well-thought out...a regular, daily thing.

I agree with this for the most part.

I think Koko is actually a well written character in the sense that she's some who clearly lacks certain social skills and competencies. She obviously led a sheltered life and being a japanese "ojou-sama" probably people didn't approach her or where intimidated by her. Her social relations were few and we've seen hos she's struggled to engage people normally. So her reaction to adversity or certain situations is unpredictable at best or terribly inappropiate at worst.

She'll come round once Banri gets his own mind sorted out.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 14, 2014 7:10 AM

Jul 2013
Nawhdee said:

It depends on what you mean by realistic. Typically it means are the characters action real based on what we know about the characters. Does it fit their character traits and tendencies, is it within the character to behave that way. So real for the story, not real for real life.

The problem is the anime. Koko is exaggerated in the anime. There are details missing. Read the light novel, it contains more details. In the light novel Koko is portrayed better and feels more realistic than Linda. Koko goes through some serious growth. Linda remains the same.
Mar 14, 2014 9:46 AM

Jun 2012
RightSaidFred said:
Nawhdee said:

It depends on what you mean by realistic. Typically it means are the characters action real based on what we know about the characters. Does it fit their character traits and tendencies, is it within the character to behave that way. So real for the story, not real for real life.

The problem is the anime. Koko is exaggerated in the anime. There are details missing. Read the light novel, it contains more details. In the light novel Koko is portrayed better and feels more realistic than Linda. Koko goes through some serious growth. Linda remains the same.

I don't have time to backtrack, but the general definition in the thread seemed to be realism in the sense of conforming to some vague sense of what is "real", as opposed to other love interests from different shows - ergo, Koko is a good character. Again, I'd just use "believable" or some synonym instead of using "realism". Even in defining realism by your own definition, it seems to me to not really apply to Koko in comparison to other characters. Whether that's because the anime fails to fully flesh her out, I don't know - but, again using your definition, I've never felt that the Koko in the anime acted erratically in a way that wasn't explainable from her personality or character.
Mar 14, 2014 10:36 AM

Jul 2013
Nawhdee said:
I don't have time to backtrack, but the general definition in the thread seemed to be realism in the sense of conforming to some vague sense of what is "real", as opposed to other love interests from different shows - ergo, Koko is a good character. Again, I'd just use "believable" or some synonym instead of using "realism". Even in defining realism by your own definition, it seems to me to not really apply to Koko in comparison to other characters. Whether that's because the anime fails to fully flesh her out, I don't know - but, again using your definition, I've never felt that the Koko in the anime acted erratically in a way that wasn't explainable from her personality or character.

Interesting. If we are going with the real as in real life, then none of the characters are real. If we are going with real or believable as in true the character's motivation, then Koko is closer to that definition. She shows growth and change through the series. Linda stays the same.

I said Koko behavior was exaggerated, not erratic. The exaggeration takes her behavior it makes look wild, crazier than how she is in the LN. It was very off putting for me. Koko has more depth in the LN.
Mar 14, 2014 11:03 AM

Apr 2012
Nee-sama said:
First off, I'm going to say that I like Kouko quite a bit (then again, I also like the other characters as well since, well, they all have their moments), so this is definitely going to be biased one way or another (not like that's supposed to be much of a surprise or anything).

I personally don't understand the hate for Kouko. She seems very realistic (you know, compared to most anime characters anyway) and is very insecure it seems. I mean, sure she has stalker tendencies, clingy habits and she'll exaggerate her emotions, but seriously, a LOT of people are like this (okay, maybe not so much on the stalking part) and you know what? Most people do it subconsciously and some are completely unaware of this.

I mean, Kouko seems to have trust issues. That sparks not only more insecurity in her heart, but causes her to doubt Banri's fidelity and will stalk him. She also seems to dislike herself and is not confident in her abilities. Like, really, she constantly tries to woo Banri over, and she's competing against Linda, someone that she really admires. She must really love Banri to have to confront her insecurities in order to win him over. She's making a great effort to fix her problem spots, but the hardest part about doing that is admitting that you have flaws, and man, imagining horrible things about yourself only brings your self-esteem down even lower.

I speak from personal experience (again, not the stalking part). I have low self-esteem (like most) and my fair share of insecurities. I have trust issues, and I feel lonely quite often. I always have a desire for attention (seriously, a LOT of people do), but I'm even weaker than Kouko in a way where I won't try to fix my flaws because it's scary and it's hard. It's hard confronting yourself and it really takes a lot of work to do something about it.

Kouko fears abandonment and rejection, and that's a really normal thing. I feel like a lot of people hate her because some people are just way too focused on imagining what it would be like if they were going out with Kouko (as weird as it may sound). Creepy stalker chick? No one wants that, right? God, I swear, a lot of girls are like Kouko, but they don't display it as often (if at all) like Kouko.

TL;DR: You suck, my opinion is right and yours is obviously wrong. This is the internet. I'll keep debating until you realize that Kouko is best girl.

+1

Don't give up OP!
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 14, 2014 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
Trollbrotherno1 said:
I get the feeling that the Koko haters are the types of guys who have never been in real relationships and are generally intimidated by girls who arent Rei Ayanami clones.

I'm not a Kouko hater but... wha? Honestly, I believe it's the opposite. Kouko is like a perfect girlfriendl for a guy who has never been in real relationship before. I mean, she is rich, beautiful, cute, and loves you so much. One without the experience probably wouldn't even think having girlfriend like that is tiring and a pain in the neck.

RightSaidFred said:

Interesting. If we are going with the real as in real life, then none of the characters are real. If we are going with real or believable as in true the character's motivation, then Koko is closer to that definition. She shows growth and change through the series. Linda stays the same.

Her growth/change is actually one of the unbelievable part about her, imo. Like what this guy said:

wavevague said:
3. Obsessing with your friend 100% and switching her crazy love to you within a few days is bat shit crazy!!! Biggest red flag about her mental condition.

P.S: Best girl is obviously Nana.
Mar 14, 2014 11:48 AM

Jul 2013
wanderingplayboy said:

Her growth/change is actually one of the unbelievable part about her, imo. Like what this guy said:

wavevague said:

That's the problem with the anime. Koko did not fall in love with Banri in a matter of days. A significant amount of time past before Koko told Banri she loved him. You need to read the light novel. These are details that are omitted in the anime.

FYI, Banri confessed to Koko first and Koko turned him down.
Mar 14, 2014 11:57 AM

Jan 2014
RightSaidFred said:
wanderingplayboy said:

wavevague said:

That's the problem with the anime. Koko did not fall in love with Banri in a matter of days. A significant amount of time past before Koko told Banri she loved him. You need to read the light novel. These are details that are omitted in the anime.

I also read the manga, though, and it's still "too soon" for me. Is the manga following the LN closely?
Mar 14, 2014 1:06 PM

Jul 2013
wanderingplayboy said:

I also read the manga, though, and it's still "too soon" for me. Is the manga following the LN closely?

It's closer than the anime. The rejection scene still is not quite right but it's alot better than the anime.
Mar 14, 2014 1:39 PM

Jun 2012
RightSaidFred said:
Nawhdee said:

I said Koko behavior was exaggerated, not erratic. The exaggeration takes her behavior it makes look wild, crazier than how she is in the LN. It was very off putting for me. Koko has more depth in the LN.

I meant erratic in the sense of acting outside of the scope of her personality or character - though, perhaps you meant that she does so due to her exaggeration?

I don't think Koko is necessarily un-realistic, going by the second definition...but I have difficulty in excluding Linda and Banri from those categories as well. If anything, I'd say the show, on the whole, merits that definition of "realism"...what some think is the ridiculous weakness and inability to do the "obvious", in regards to Banri and Linda, seems to me understandable and "realistic".

RightSaidFred said:
wanderingplayboy said:

wavevague said:

I always figured that it wasn't necessarily love that spurned them both on to begin with, but a loneliness that slowly developed into love. But I think loneliness is the predominant theme of the series, so my interpretation is tinted as a result.
Mar 14, 2014 10:51 PM
Dec 2013
Never knew she had haters until now. Oh well, people can hate what they want but I think kouko is a cool character.
Mar 15, 2014 10:49 PM
Dec 2013
wanderingplayboy said:
RightSaidFred said:
wanderingplayboy said:

wavevague said:

Sorry, only watched the anime. How long was the "significant amount of time"?

(Please remember that Koko has been stalking his childhood crush and ruining his love and friendship opportunities for more than a decade. She never took "no" for an answer and never cared what Mitsuo felt because her desires/feelings are more important. It is worst that an obsession. To get over it immediately without time to heal or therapy and love someone else in the same "CRAZY" way seems more like a rebound.)
Mar 16, 2014 8:46 AM

Sep 2011
Deal with it, Kouko best girl, Banri x Kouko otp.
Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly hate Linda, but she gets in the way of my ship.
Shipping > Sanity after all.
Aug 22, 2015 8:18 PM

Jul 2015
Zachary467 said:
Well, I don't.

In fact, I find her to be the best girl in this anime.

This^
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.