Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 30, 2014 9:30 PM

Nov 2013
Honestly, who can blame Welkin, remember at the start at how he wants to protect everyone? It was his sister who died, shit I don't blame him, Faldio setting him straight was good though
"I'm going to have to work harder to open your eyes, aren't I?" ~Erudito
"You're here because you want to feel like something you're not, a hero."
"Do you feel like a hero yet?" ~Konrad
Nov 29, 2014 8:48 AM

Mar 2008
I got spoiled about Isara on the steam forums when the game came out. I still wasn't prepared for it. I teared up a couple times during the episode. I'm really hoping Faldio/Alicia/Welkin don't end up like Largo. I really like the three of them but can't help but feel like Largo's story was foreshadowing.
Jan 29, 2015 9:21 PM
Oct 2014
I already completed the game so I knew what was coming. Still, that didn't make it easier, actually, as there is more time showing how Isara works to finish the smoke rounds, and the anime shows much more of how the squad deals with her death, it's even harder.

I totally can understand Welkin's behaviour, he's far more depressive in the naime than in the game, granted; but damm,he's also gone through worse.

He's pretty much given up (a totally wrong move btw) on the girl he has a crush on and lost his only remaining family member in a very short period of time, plus, I think, that as the leader he is, collapsing is the worst thing he can do. I would also pretty much closed up to the world in the same situation, or go totally zerk on Daemon.
Jul 10, 2015 8:01 PM

Jul 2008
punching a grieving man, ya like that solves anything u douche-bags. Faldio didnt stop and think for one sec bout what Welkin's is dealing with instead its Alica Alica Alica to him
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Aug 9, 2015 6:44 AM

Oct 2012
Well this episode just sad :(
"Signature removed"
Apr 29, 2016 7:49 AM

Mar 2014
In memories of Isara-san , You will always be remembered .
She was a strong soldier--no , a strong person than any other T_T .
Those kind of bastards .. Faldio made some impactful moments here .
So it was a Darscen song ~ .. It was beautiful ~ .. really beautiful song ~ .
Such a Dramatic Episode ~ . She smiled at her very last moment ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2016 9:46 AM

Jun 2013
man why did they have to kill off my favourite character. props to welkin though for keeping his composure, hes the one suffering the most but he doesnt want to break down and make the squad worry about him
Sep 7, 2017 3:40 AM
Sep 2017
Does anyone know what song did Rosie sang at Isara's grave?

Cheers, Valkyriachrons
Apr 25, 2020 12:21 AM

Mar 2019
I decided to write in the discussion again because I see Zaka joining the militia in the next episode preview. Yeah!!
He's one of my favorite characters.

I didn't write in the discussions of the last two or three episodes because I simply just hate the love triangle thing. I lost my respect to Faldio from the game because of the fucking "anime adaptation".
*Sigh..*

I guess I could ignore that thing due to my respect to Isara.

Be it in the game or in the anime, I cried like a baby watching Isara's death. I played the game many times, yet I still cry everytime.

Unlike in the game, Isara's last seconds, she was only with Rosie. In the game, She died in the middle of the whole squad 7 members.

For those of you never play the game, I strongly recommend playing it. If you don't like the gameplay elements, you can just find a guide to easily finish the missions. The story in the game is worth watching. You can also read each characters' biographies, even the very minor characters. The graphics are semi anime-like but very beautiful.
May 17, 2022 9:42 PM

Nov 2021
I knew this would happen... I knew this would come... I thought I was ready... AAAAaa
such heartbreaking episode

Jan 3, 2023 3:36 PM
Nov 2018
Compared to the game, the anime absolutely sucker-punched this death into you. I got really sad this whole episode. ;-;
Feb 12, 2023 3:41 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Best episode so far, despite some less good changes vs the source, why I think this adaptation still suceeds is because enough time is given for stuff like this, I dont feel the plot is being rushed at all.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.