Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 30, 2009 6:08 AM

Dec 2007

*lights a Blue Lantern ring* Superhero fans all know about the War of Light going on in GL comics and in the DCU in general. Which side do you fall on?

The Red Lanterns of Rage? The Orange Lanterns of Avarice? The Sinestro Corps? The Green Lanterns? The Blue Lanterns of Hope? The Indigo Corps of Compassion? Or the Star Sapphires of Love?

And, who's read Blackest Night? ^^
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 31, 2009 12:27 AM

May 2007
*Lights a Green Lantern ring* I'm sure I won't be the only one siding with the well establish corps bearing that familiar emerald light; but they're the ones I'd rather side with.

I read Blackest Night, I can't wait to read more of it. The Black Lanterns are interesting, I look forward to seeing what happens when their rings are fully charged.
I hate World of Warcraft

Jul 31, 2009 1:48 AM

Jun 2008
*Lights a Yellow Lantern ring* It's time for Sinestro to take his Corps back and get ready for the war. Looking forward to seeing Atrocitus the Red Lanterns wreak havoc once again. The Guardians are assholes for selling out Ganthet and the Blue Lanterns to Larfleeze. I hope BN doesn't end with Hal wearing all the rings and becoming a "White Lantern".

I really enjoyed BN #1, Black Hand's turning out to be a great villain and It's nice to see zombies that aren't so mindless for once. Anyone else get the Death Corps promo ring?
Jul 31, 2009 11:31 AM

May 2007
JTSlayer said:
I hope BN doesn't end with Hal wearing all the rings and becoming a "White Lantern".

A few friends of mine have made guesses that that's where it's going, especially with Hal having worn at least half of the Corps rings (though the Indigo tribe don't have rings). But we'll see, I trust Geoff Johns

JTSlayer said:
I really enjoyed BN #1, Black Hand's turning out to be a great villain and It's nice to see zombies that aren't so mindless for once. Anyone else get the Death Corps promo ring?

I got it, wearing it right now actually. It's cool for a little hunk of plastic, we gave them away free to anyone buying Blackest Night #1.
I hate World of Warcraft

Aug 1, 2009 3:14 AM

Jun 2008
Zyro said:
A few friends of mine have made guesses that that's where it's going, especially with Hal having worn at least half of the Corps rings (though the Indigo tribe don't have rings). But we'll see, I trust Geoff Johns

You're right, Hal's almost there and I think his Star Sapphire turn is coming up soon. Well, if anyone can find a way to make a White Lantern cool, it could only be Johns. Yeah, Idigo Tribe has staffs, but strangely the BN: Tales of the Corps #1 Variant has a depiction of an Indigo ring. I can't wait until more is revealed about the Tribe.

ZyroI got it, wearing it right now actually. It's cool for a little hunk of plastic, we gave them away free to anyone buying Blackest Night #1.[/quote said:

I almost missed out because the girl at my LCS forgot they were giving them away with BN #1.. I had to ask when I saw a stash of rings next to the counter, it's actually better quality than I expected. The LCS was also giving away corps buttons but I got fucking "Love" instead of "Fear". I guess it's been confirmed that more corps rings are on the way, possibly similar to the ones that came with the Hal SDCC figures.
Aug 2, 2009 8:16 AM

May 2007
JTSlayer said:
You're right, Hal's almost there and I think his Star Sapphire turn is coming up soon. Well, if anyone can find a way to make a White Lantern cool, it could only be Johns. Yeah, Idigo Tribe has staffs, but strangely the BN: Tales of the Corps #1 Variant has a depiction of an Indigo ring. I can't wait until more is revealed about the Tribe.

I seriously wonder what he's going to be like as a Star Sapphire, and what will Carol's reaction be? And yeah I saw that on the variant, so maybe some have rings or Hal is the one to wear a ring when he goes Indigo. Either way, I look forward to seeing what's going to happen with him; because he's obviously a big part of BN. (And yeah Johns could make the White Lantern idea cool, I have complete faith in that man)

JTSlayer said:
I almost missed out because the girl at my LCS forgot they were giving them away with BN #1.. I had to ask when I saw a stash of rings next to the counter, it's actually better quality than I expected. The LCS was also giving away corps buttons but I got fucking "Love" instead of "Fear". I guess it's been confirmed that more corps rings are on the way, possibly similar to the ones that came with the Hal SDCC figures.

They were giving away buttons too? Way better than mine, we only got the rings; but hey nothing wrong with that. I was wondering if they were going to confirm the other rings, there's 8 issues of BN that means they can do a ring for all 8. I hope we get the buttons with the next issue, I'd love to grab a "Willpower" or "Fear" one.
I hate World of Warcraft

Aug 5, 2009 5:28 PM

Mar 2008
I would love to pick a side but I know nothing of any of them I have a lot of reading to do lol
Stay thirsty, my friends.
Aug 10, 2009 1:24 AM

Aug 2007
I'm pulling for whomever kills the Star Sapphires.
Aug 31, 2009 9:16 AM

May 2007
DC will be releasing the rest of the Lantern rings alongside multiple other titles that tie into Blackest Night. It's a little old news but here's what was said at Comic-Con:

So for every 25 copies of Doom Patrol #4, Booster Gold #26, R.E.B.E.L.S. #10, Outsiders ‘24 and your retailer orders, they can order a bag of fifty Sinestro rings, Agent Orange rings, Indigo Tribe rings and Star Sapphire rings respectively.

And for every 50 copies of Justice League of America#39, Blackest Night #5 and Adventure Comics #4 sees you with a bag of fifty Red Lantern rings, Green Lantern rings and Blue Lantern rings, also respectively.

Each ring will ship every two weeks, Yellow on November 4th, Orange on November 18th, Red on December 2nd, Green on December 16th, Blue on December 30th (well, December 23rd now, I guess, thanks to Comic Book-Free Day), Indigo on January 13th and Violet on January 27th.
I hate World of Warcraft

Oct 13, 2009 5:00 PM

Sep 2009
Well......thats a tough but id have to say...Orange Lanterns!
Im Atheist and there is no problem with that!!!

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» is there a site like MAL for comics?

lastdavid - Nov 21, 2009

5 by Kamey »»
Jul 13, 2017 7:41 AM

» What was your first series?

770312 - May 12, 2009

23 by JDarkly »»
Mar 2, 2016 10:45 AM

» Favorite Comic Book Character? ( 1 2 )

SageShinigami - Mar 25, 2008

55 by JDarkly »»
Mar 2, 2016 8:41 AM

» read comics online

ahmed10 - Aug 7, 2010

13 by GoatPsychoDrama »»
Nov 20, 2015 5:21 AM

» Favorite Writer and Artist

SageShinigami - Jul 13, 2008

14 by kanaryia »»
Oct 14, 2015 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.