Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 20, 2015 8:15 AM

Apr 2014
Kalum said:
I've got a feeling Sakurako was once a victim of the Butterfly Guy/Hanabusa/Sphenoider.

Or hes like a distant cousin or something?
---------My Profile------------
Dec 20, 2015 9:04 AM

Dec 2013
probably the best episode so far...it was so painful..
one episode is left...
Dec 20, 2015 2:33 PM

May 2014
Haha, Sakurako-san is great. Laugh at other people's miserableness while are sad about her own. Damn, that's what I call double-nmoral.

And what's up with those three friends. LOL, who wants to kill themselves when they are happy. And who ask to be strangled or I will strangle you. These three girls really needs help. Especially the one with red hair. Anyone that mess with my sensei get stabbed. Don't offend sensei!!

Anyways, the last ep. is gonna be good. Good luck Sakurako-chan with your friend against that crazy butterfly dude.
Dec 20, 2015 3:10 PM

Jan 2014
PowerTearer said:
meh, somehow I kinda hoped Sakurako got stabbed instead after that intimidating and somewhat careless act of her... (seriously dude, turning your back from clearly mentally unstable girl?)
Mich666 said:
Now she's done it! Sakurako is real freak digging bones of the girl and showing them to her friends. She's literally taking pleasure in suffering of others. I hate this side of hers and the way this anime is glorifying that fact is just disgusting, nothing else.
mangalicker94 said:
Haha, Sakurako-san is great. Laugh at other people's miserableness while are sad about her own. Damn, that's what I call double-nmoral.

You're all missing the point here. Sakurako does not take pleasure in other people's misery, she just "likes bones" and is simply ignorant that those same bones cause suffering to others. Similarly her act was not "intimidating and careless", it was simply void of any tact. She was completely unaware of this, hence she turned her back on the girl so easily. She doesn't understand at all how her "act" was perceived.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 20, 2015 9:54 PM

Oct 2013
I really hate it when anime do this thing where someone important is about to take a lethal hit, then scrawny boy jumps in the middle and takes the hit for them. It would have been much more interesting were it that Sakurako was stabbed.

That is my only complaint about this episode, because the rest was fascinating, intense, and bloody morbid. Proooobably not my favorite episode, but it's certainly one of them. I kind of get the feeling I should rewatch this, or at least skim the early episodes, to understand the connection between Hanabusa and the other cases, because I only remember the connection between him and the guy who thought his family was cursed.

And once again I must echo the thoughts that there's positively no way this will get a satisfying conclusion with only one episode left. There better dang well be another season.

Edit: It just came to my attention the source novel is still publishing, which pretty much confirms this won't be wrapped up in the finale. Unfortunately, I can't see this being the type of anime to get a second season either. #rip
ZadionDec 20, 2015 10:05 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 21, 2015 5:46 AM

Oct 2008
It's annoyingly shit to deal with yandere problematic teen girls!
Shoutarou was totally broken this episode!
5/5.

Dec 21, 2015 11:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Great episode, probably the best yet.
Dec 21, 2015 6:08 PM

Jan 2008
Good to see the recent girl who disappeared be alive, but pretty fucked up that she killed her, and the other best friend tried to literally cover it up. That's a legitimate crime right there. In fact, they're all damn criminals. I wanted to punch all the girls in the face for being so stupid, especially the moment that girl started babbling about Hanabusa being an angel, even more so when she became an attempted murderer trying to stab Sakurako. And no hair? Human instinct should tell you people with no eyebrows are the least trust-worthy people by nature! Just look up pictures of anyone with no eyebrows or celebrities with eyebrows photoshopeed out, and it should look creepy as fuck. "Cleansed" her? I'm going to assume that sick sonuvabitch Hanabusa fucked the dumb bitch as well. That painter guy is guilty of brainwashing, mutilation (of both alive and dead people), drugging girls (and several other people) for the sole purpose of having them die for him so he can rob the sphenoids from their dead bodies. Everyone of them deserved to rot in jail, but looks like only Minami is in some kind of psych ward.

One more episode...I hope when Shoutarou gets out of hospital, he finds the mastermind piece of shit, and puts him in the ground before anyone else does. With a show like this, I don't think it's going to get a second season, so I'd like to see it more or less have some closure next episode.
Estoy_GordoDec 21, 2015 6:16 PM
Dec 21, 2015 9:06 PM

Jun 2014
idk bout you guys but i'm pretty upset hitoe's dog died
Dec 23, 2015 8:58 AM
Sep 2014
Pandarenboy said:
Arcturus9001 said:
Depending on the last episode this might contend with Death Parade for show of the year, what a brilliantly chilling episode. Excellently well done series, even if some things are a bit predictable the ride it takes you on to get there certainly is not, the brilliant twists bringing you along and the stellar execution of even what you find inevitable are so wonderfully well executed its almost like you didn't expected at all. Really want a season 2 and to start reading this series after.
Are you serious? I'm afraid of what type of shows they're airing thesebdays if shitshows like Sakurako are consided best of the year material.
The twists are garbage. They're just making it up along the way.

last episode: Sakurako is in trouble and her fiance saves her (hopefully not next season)?

I agree, how dare people have different taste than me! It would be the best if all anime fans had my taste and opinion about all anime I watch.
Dec 23, 2015 9:02 AM

Nov 2014
That was awesome. Didn't see that coming.
Better Shoutarou do something,i wanna know their past.
Dec 24, 2015 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, finally some nice drama.
Dec 24, 2015 11:42 PM

Jun 2013
This episode reminded of the movie Suicide Club and those suicide pacts that were very common in both Japan and South Korea a long time ago. I'm not sure if people still have suicide clubs or pacts but I'm pretty sure it still exists.

Isozaki really cares about his students and is regretful that he couldn't help them. Not many teachers care that much.

Sakurako-san has a mouth that runs off and will get her eventually stabbed, if Shoutarou wasn't there she would've been dead.
臭い-
Dec 26, 2015 1:53 AM

Nov 2015
Sakurako... the dog whisperer. Gotta love Hector. And he's soooooo pretty :).

This episode was definitely darker than the others. A bit too cliché for me though.

However I really liked the image where the "3 sisters" were having fun with fireworks and then one of them suggested to immortalize the moment by taking their lives.

In a sense, I thought there was something beautiful about it, but in a sad & chilling way.

As for sensei, I was really baffled by his reaction in regard to the girls' fragile states. I liked, how in a former episode he thought & believed the woman in yukata (with the ring) at the festival, was free to choose about her divine right to live or die.

He was very cool, rather detached and rational about it. Yet, when it came to his pupils, he was very, very emotional (in a rather freakish way, like a totally different person).

Am I the only one who thought that was awkward? I expected some remorse from him for not stepping in sooner, but I found his reaction rather out of character for him (?)

And as for the Sphenoider... urgh. The way he carved one of the girls backs... omg. I guess he left her a little memento. Meh. Pretty disturbing. That girl's scarred for life.

And darn that Sakurako. She was so blunt & a tad bit arrogant this episode! (not that I mind, just an observation).

No wonder she almost got stabbed. That's what happens when you push an emotionally unstable girl by telling her the truth in such a harsh way.

And of course Shotaro stepped in *sigh*. I'm glad he survived. I like that character :).

Well let's see how it ends! Perhaps there'll be another season? There has to be. I'd like to see more of the Sphenoider.
ElzheimerDec 26, 2015 1:58 AM
Dec 26, 2015 1:57 AM

Nov 2015
afaptoremember said:
idk bout you guys but i'm pretty upset hitoe's dog died

I had completely forgotten about that! I agree! I felt bad for the dog. That was so chilling, the way he lied there next to her on the bed.

Had I been the one lying on the bed, I would've rolled off in a shocked state (upon seeing the lifeless dog, that is).

RIP doggie ♥
Dec 26, 2015 7:11 AM

Dec 2012
Stunning episode. It became more and more tragic to finish with Shoutarou's stabbed. I was thinking they would do a cliffhanger with that scene (it would be perfect), but no they added progression in their relationship. This was good too.
Best episode so far. I hope the last will be as good as this one..
Dec 27, 2015 1:35 AM

Jul 2008
Good grief all these girls have gone nuts.
Dec 27, 2015 4:41 AM

Dec 2012
Everyone in this episode was all kinds of fucked up. The truth behind this serial killer was pretty haunting, to think the butterfly was a reference to the bones he was collecting from damaged people. The way he utilizes his victims reminds me of Red John from The Mentalist. I got the feeling he intentionally left that tool on the ground for Minami the moment she stumbled onto it.
Dec 27, 2015 7:22 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
dbaranyi said:

And when it was mentioned that the Mad Killer has no body hair I immediately got a mental image of Saitama from One Punch Man...

Oh well, only one episode left.

Just a boost because same.
Dec 28, 2015 2:49 AM

Jul 2009
Minami was kinda a bitch in the start, but turn out she is a nice girl, just angry at everything...sad what happened to the girls, they were kinda crazy...
So the painter it's the guy Sakurako's uncle have been looking for a long time ago, and she is also looking for him.
Dec 31, 2015 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
Episode pleasant though sad because of the narrative, he finally discovers the real reason behind this anime, the plot is now clear, I admit that it was very dramatic and did not want to force the hand of the viewer in making sad or sorry, better that way!
Jan 3, 2016 1:12 PM

Dec 2009
What a fuckin' intense episode.
Seeing Sakurako get that emotional broke my heart :'c
Jan 6, 2016 9:25 PM

Jun 2011
To use one word to describe this episode : Cringe.

The overreaction from the characters, the "edgy" animation, especially how far Sakurako pushed the boundary.. One episode left until I can finally move on to better stuff.

Gotta say tho, Hector is the best character of the series hands down.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 7, 2016 6:37 AM

Aug 2013
These girls.. seeshh. Nothing to say.
That was awesome Shoutarou.. to think he survived from that LOL.
Jan 7, 2016 3:59 PM

May 2012
Pretty interesting ending, and with one more episode remaining of this series, I really do wonder how it will finish!
Jan 16, 2016 2:51 PM

Jan 2011
ToG25thBaam said:
To use one word to describe this episode : Cringe.

The overreaction from the characters, the "edgy" animation, especially how far Sakurako pushed the boundary.. One episode left until I can finally move on to better stuff.

Gotta say tho, Hector is the best character of the series hands down.

This, one million times. I don't have anything to add to this.
I bet they'll end the final ep with some lame cliffhanger too.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 28, 2016 6:20 PM

Aug 2014
i loved how everything came together. i hated how sensei was making it all about himself though
Apr 28, 2016 1:28 AM

Nov 2012
Good God, that was a thriller.

I wonder if what happened to the girls was because of this Hanabusa guy or they're already crazy to begin with.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Nov 6, 2016 1:22 AM

Dec 2012
Another good episode.

When it all! When it all falls down!!!!

So that is why Koyasu voiced Hanabusa. DAT CHARISMA!

Guess I'll be that guy since no one else will. RIP Dog.
RobNov 6, 2016 1:29 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 13, 2017 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
This one was actually turn out to be a pretty good episode! Great! One more left... **sigh**
Aug 29, 2017 2:22 PM
Aug 2014
If this means we won't see Shoutarou again something good has come out of this overly dramatic episode. Again not much of a mystery either. Which is a bit annoying as the only tag is Mystery.
Feb 18, 2019 7:09 PM

Jun 2015
well that's kind of a cliche, cutting all ties in order to prevent the other person from being hurt
Sep 25, 2020 9:51 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Reminds me of a saying in sheep country "Never name a Spring lamb." She was going by this thought....lol.
Oct 9, 2022 12:19 PM

Mar 2019
Wow that Shoutarou save was amazing, best thing he did so far. I wish that scene was more dramatic but I still loved Sakurako's reaction.

If the Sphenoider already knows both of them then it's too late to part ways and doing that now makes it easier for the SPHENOIDER!!

The case itself was interesting, Hector is great and I feel kind of bad for Isozaki, but it seems like we got his past as well!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 15, 2022 4:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
under the tree!!! kekeke
Apr 11, 2023 2:52 PM
Mar 2017
Looks like Minami was also killing other people for hanabusa since tv report at the end mentioned there were other remains found other than that dead girl under the tree, no wonder she was so quick to stab sakurako.
Sep 4, 2023 9:08 AM

Oct 2022
I knew something bad was gonna happen to him but man that came together so well. The build up was suspenseful asf.

Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Aug 2019
that ending scene. she really doesnt want shoutarou to die.
it was odd to see her cry but she really does care about him.

also "three sisters"? more like "three crazy girls" they all had struggles but jesus christ.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

109 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2015

80 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2015

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.