Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 11, 2013 7:06 PM

May 2012
Pretty interesting development, didn't thought Niizuma would hate his own manga and wants to finish it but well his reason does make sense, so well things sure are getting interesting and let's see if he actually manages to stay on the first place for the remaining weeks! Iwase is still the same as ever and lol at that diving suit in the beginning :p
Jan 22, 2014 11:24 PM

Mar 2012
Surprised to see that Miura still hasn't gotten fired....
Feb 7, 2014 7:37 PM

Aug 2013
Yoshida is so amazing. He have so much crazy plan xD

I was so sure that he would want to cancel PCP that I didn't saw this coming at all. Now I feel so dumb... It would be indeed an epic way to end a serie.

They'll have to surpass themself to beat, he reached the first place so easily.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 23, 2014 9:24 AM

Aug 2013
Wow.,. I had PCP in my mind at first. *shocked*
Nizuma Eiji.. you are god !! So freaking badass !!!
Apr 27, 2014 1:22 AM

Jul 2008
Monad said:

Personally i think their whole philosophy is wrong. They are better at making something more mature and complex in a different magazine but they are too obsessed with being in Jump.

I agree. They should write seinen or something. Everyone in this anime is weirdly obsessed with Jump. Aoki would also do really well in other magazines.

It is annoying that the manga system is set up to where Niizuma can't end his own series when he wants to. This is why so many series go on forever and turn into shit. I don't really understand how they can force him to keep writing it though...he could either just refuse to write more, or make it complete crap on purpose. But I guess they could threaten not to serialize them again (though that would also be stupid).

But yeah, Ashirogi needs to end PCP. It can't go any farther.
Aug 7, 2014 11:30 AM

Jan 2013
Based on the OP I think something bad will happen.
Nov 10, 2014 9:06 AM

Jan 2013
That thought had crossed my mind, Nizuma wasn't happy when he was drawing Crow, and he is the kind of guy that wants to end his manga by his way.
It kinda sucks that when something is popular the autor gets pressed to continue it.

Good job Nizuma.
Jan 18, 2015 9:57 PM
Jun 2013
I am definitely going to enjoy this arc. Nizuma was hardly in the last one so this makes up for it. Plus, this is the original rivalry so it should be good, seeing them get back to that.

never understood why people care so much for the openings and endings...I kinda like this more than the last one though...
Mar 22, 2015 11:58 PM

Nov 2014
When Nizuma was first introduced, I didn't like him. However, he ended up being my favourite character in Bakuman :D He is just soo great.

Looking forward to the results of the competition.
May 14, 2015 6:32 PM

Jan 2015
That facepalm when Nakai tries to do sports.

So Crow has such success because it's doing a gigantic final brawl ? Weird, not so long ago i remember another manga doing the same but didn't succeed at all... tebayo.
Aug 15, 2015 1:00 PM

May 2015
HIRAMARU MAKES BAKUMAN BAKUMAN
Mar 31, 2016 3:43 AM

Mar 2014
Master Niizuma is the BEST . "Crow" at it's peak right now ~ no doubt about it .
VERY AMAZING EPISODE !!! "THE MATCH IS ON ."
It's the coming of the 'Golden Age' ONCE AGAIN .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2016 8:08 PM

Sep 2015
Get your game on! Lol Yoshida's manipulating Nakai now
Mar 4, 2017 1:30 AM

Dec 2015
Damn it! Niizuma! now im really adding him at my top 10 fav characters! Done! This dude is just so awesome and bad ass!

Finally! the episodes getting interesting again!
I was also getting the feeling that it would be crow! I mean he's not the type who'll end other mangas just because he resents it. I think its genius of him to end his own manga the way he likes it without dragging out the whole story! Im sure its gonna be an epic crow ending!
Mar 1, 2019 11:11 PM

Aug 2017
Niizuma is the man
Dec 19, 2019 5:17 AM

Mar 2015
Wow didn't expect him to want to end his own manga but I guess he'd have outgrown it eventually!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 5, 2020 4:32 PM

May 2017
"No hinamaru ! You cant do that ! "

"Ok no problem sorry"

XD
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Oct 6, 2020 12:38 PM

May 2018
I hope CROW doesn't end as well haha. All the other mangaka will have to work their butts off now!
Dec 12, 2020 2:04 PM

Jan 2019
New OP and ED were bad af tbh Maybe the worst yet.

I found it pretty selfish from everyone to not let Nizuma finish his manga the way he wants to now that he has the chance. Yeah, let's ignore how unhappy our supposedly friend is because we want to beat him in the rankings like some children. Specially Ashirogi, they act like they "can't allow" Nizuma to end Crow but nobody stopped them when they made a pathetic tantrum at Jack's because they wanted to finish Tanto, even though it was popular with children.
Jan 13, 2021 4:29 PM

Jul 2017
Awesome episode and man, it's got me pumped to see Niizuma vs everyone else week by week as his rivals look to dethrone CROW from 1st before 10 weeks pass or else Niizuma would end his own manga and have it go out in glorious fashion while undefeated by his rivals, especially Ashirogi Muto. Incredibly popular shounen manga that produce a ton of revenue normally are stretched out beyond belief, even more than what the author would want to maintain standards and not sell out, and in normal circumstances, CROW would either keep on going for many more years and lose steam until it gets cancelled in a negative light or go out in the best way possible after sustained success. The others aren't against CROW ending but they want to dethrone Niizuma at his climactic point and prove that they can be the best mangaka in the magazine, even during a time like this. PCP and GIRI in particular have a good chance since they're both mostly hanging around that top 5 area for a while now and not way too far off from CROW.
Mar 12, 2021 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
This may be trivial, but I've always wondered what Nakai would look like if he lost weight. Different animation studios and character designers tend to portray weight loss in different fashions -- it's all about keeping certain traits but, of course, changing the body mass. Weight loss in anime has always been interesting to me, because we get to see characters in another light.

At this point, I've actually finished the series -- but during my watching, I always suspected Nakai might lose weight by the end for the sake of character progression or something.

But they just kinda hit us with chiseled Nakai out of nowhere. Not even a leadup, just a straight BOOM. "Here's what he'd look like." Lmao.

I wanted to see the images again out of curiosity, but I couldn't find said imafes anywhere on the internet. So I had to track the occurrence down to Episode 14 and take screenshots myself. And yeah. Bam.

Kinda has a similar vibe to Hattori right?
removed-userMar 12, 2021 12:56 PM
Apr 29, 2021 10:19 PM

Jan 2016
There’s no way they can beat Crow. He’s been doing it for 7 years and it’s at the peak

Aug 2, 2021 8:52 PM

Jan 2020
Respect for Eiji he prioritized the manga itself rather than the money
Aug 2, 2021 8:55 PM

Jan 2020
Well Miura screwed up another popular serialization...
Aug 2, 2021 8:58 PM

Jan 2020
That's quite an extreme condition that Eiji has to follow in order to end his own manga...
Oct 24, 2021 3:02 PM

Dec 2007
like the new Op much better than the 1st for this season, that one was just horrifying, one of the first times for me to skip the opening theme.
the Ed is kinda average, but i love how anime making Ed suited for the end of the anime with showcase of scenes from all the series. most of the endings i usually doesn't even bother watching but only listen why i'm doing something else, those kind of endings make me watching them to remember the series.

best arc is here!
and the theme that ohba chose to do this time is endings in shounen magazines, as usual manga series will either be cancelled or continued as much the magazine wants, deciding this kind of them for this arc is repeating the same ideology battle as it was in nonamine arc - should it be ended? or because it's popularity continued? ohba sure knows how to surprise with themes.

hiramaru gags in this one felt kinda old but OK.
lol super nakai.
Aug 24, 2022 10:44 PM

Feb 2019
Interesting but unexpected development.
Nov 10, 2022 2:19 PM

Jan 2020
The first half of this season has been kind of eh, but this episode seems to offer a lot of promise. It's certainly more interesting to see Team Fukuda competing and drawing compared to all these random, petty subplots that we've been weaving through.

That being said; Niizuma wanting to end CROW is reasonable. I don't see the point of drawing out a series for the sake of drawing it out. I prefer a tight storyline that, generally, already has an ending in mind. Not something that just keeps going and going and eventually stumbles upon an ending because its popularity dwindled. That certainly didn't work out very well for Bleach, and it was considered one of the "Big 3."

Anyway, I'm tepidly hyped for an all-out manga free-for-all.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Mar 30, 5:02 AM
Sep 2017
Umm what, just let Niizuma end the manga properly please. Wtf with everyone basically asking "please milk the manga more because we still haven't passed you"? Would rather read a manga that has a proper place to end the series instead of getting milked then got half-assed ending. Seriously why, I keep wondering this show is enjoyable but always have some "problematic" point.

Also, won't Niizuma just gonna get to end his series properly anyway if he set up the plot to not being able to be continued even if he tried to?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

322 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
May 6, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2012

66 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 29, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 1, 2012

58 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 28, 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.