Forum Settings
Forums
Teasing Master Takagi-san
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 3, 2023 6:41 AM

Dec 2021
Anime like Teasing master takagi-san heals you.
I really really really loved this movie.

And I hope more seasons will come.
Jan 3, 2023 11:21 AM
Jan 2021
Seriously the best Takagi-san I've seen. A real tearjerker.
Jan 3, 2023 11:28 AM
Dec 2021
fantastic movie, enjoyed it a lot.
Jan 3, 2023 12:57 PM

Jan 2010
takagi just spend the summer with the guy she loves and taking care of a cat, it can't get better than that.

my boy finally did it and they became a couple. I was worry, I thought it was going to be in highscool or college, we know now they spend all that time together.

and to close with gold, chii and the nishikatas at the end, saku-chan is new, the cat isn't in the manga yet, looking foward to it.

10/10, If there is more I welcome it but if it's end here then I'm happy, let's see how yamamoto-sensei does it.
Jan 3, 2023 4:46 PM

May 2016
Most of the movie was very episode like, but the post credits brought the salvation! :' ) 8/10
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jan 3, 2023 5:56 PM

Mar 2020
The best part of Takagi-san that I have seen so far, and this movie might just propel this series to becoming one of my favourite romcoms. While keeping the teasing hijinks going, this movie revolved around another important theme, which was making the most of limited time, since it was the students' last summer before graduation, so they had to make it count, because you never know what a new school environment can bring. It's a big reason why many friendships made from a young age don't last, because people don't make the most of them. That's why the Mina, Sanae, and Yukari moments, while not being really significant to the main plot, it still worked very well.

The movie looked better than the tv series in my opinion visually, but didn't rely on any big, visually stunning moment to execute a confession scene, it was more subtle and to the point, and honestly, I didn't expect it to happen in the scene in which it did, which made it all the more impactful for me personally. Throughout the series, I'm sure many people, including myself, thought Nishikata was a bit annoying to watch, with his constant blushing and repetitive actions, but he has grown a lot, and we saw that in Season 3, and even more so in the movie, because he consoles Takagi without any outside push, he does it using his own will, showing he has truly come a long way from Season 1, even if he still retains his proneness to teasing. The conclusion to the movie was quite satisfying as well. I wonder where we go from here with the anime...

9/10.
Jan 3, 2023 6:55 PM
Nov 2019
Cant believe it's over been watching this anime at aired time since s1, 10/10 love the innocennes and just pure wholesome
Jan 3, 2023 8:06 PM

Jul 2021
I WAS JUST SMILING AND CRYING THROUGHOUT THE MOVIE
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 3, 2023 9:54 PM
Jun 2017
to those that are about to watch this movie... watch until the ending part.... (credit part) as we have seen how the anime version of Takagi and Nishikata in their adult version plus CHi...

anyways i just love the movie overall, from the Sanae's group, and of course Nishikata and Takagi... I enjoy watching the said movie.... 

and as a fan of said series, i am happy with this movie version...
Jan 3, 2023 10:11 PM
Mar 2015
the confession   proposal was great. it led directly to them with Chi finding the fireflies they once looked for. They even had a cat in the end since it was cat they bonded over
Jan 4, 2023 5:37 AM

May 2020
Still waiting for the Motou Spinoff!!!

Chi was the best character of the movie!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jan 4, 2023 9:21 AM
Aug 2022
Wow.
It ended so beautifully.
Wow.

I know manga is going on, but I liked how studio make it into original and ended it.
You know if they starting dragging it, it will definitely get hate from many people ( but I will love it forever and appreciate eternity seasons, Hehe ).
Well that aside,
It was perfect,
The perfect end for such cute and innocent Nishikata couples.
The teasing, being teased turned somewhere into never ending, can't separable love.

The animation was really movie quality, it was really amazing and beautiful.
Glad,
Yukari-chan, Sanae-chan and Mina-chan become forever trio.
I was sad when, Sanae-chan was going away but Sasuga Sanae-chan, always mysterious.

And, man, I have always thought Kimura had been a chad, but Takao also turned into a ridiculous chad.

The segment between Hana and Nishikata couples was so sweet, beautiful but sad at the end.
I got sentimental but was overwhelmed by Nishikata's words.
Chad, my boy.
You are definitely a chad.
And, Chi-chan.
Thank you.

It was a beautiful Teasing Ride.
Thanks for such a cute Teasing ride with Nishikata couple.
Jan 4, 2023 2:55 PM

Jun 2019
This is the Cutest and Most Wholesome Anime ever!!!
It just hits the spot.
Jan 4, 2023 9:48 PM
Nov 2020
Loved this whole movie. That end-credits scene was so heartwarming. I don't know much about the source manga but I hope the follow-up series gets adapted.
Jan 5, 2023 1:29 AM

Feb 2020
Eh it wasn't really that impactful for me, but all I came for was for some wholesome stuff, and I did indeed get that so it's good enough. Just good ol wholesome takagi-san. 8/10 would love to see a spin off adaptation of their kid's manga
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2023 1:15 AM

Jul 2019
As a movie (albeit it felt like 3 episodes crammed for a movie release), it had just about everything. Its worthy enough that if I miss the series, I'll consider rewatching this one. Teasings, romance development, the 3 girls mini story, and the post credit scene. Just perfect.
Jan 6, 2023 7:58 AM

Mar 2019
this was such a great conclusion to this period of time in the series
i hope they continue this and make an adaptation to what came next in their family life 
Jan 7, 2023 1:53 AM

Jul 2013
(1)
Is this confession?
Felt a bit too generic/bland to me

I like S3's finale on stage more tbh, hahaha

--

(2)
whose cat is this?
Whose voice is in this scene? the one said "I'm home"

---

Overall, it was a good movie.
Too much montage with song, but the scene where Takagi cried shook me up a bit.

throughout the series, she never shows us her vulnerable side like this.

and, apart from S3 where Chi came out abruptly.
Epilogue for this movie is more solid with a scene showing all three of Nishikata's family members.

Cat out of the bag, hope people go read Karakai Jōzu no (Moto) Takagi-san series, it's lovely <3
Jan 9, 2023 6:27 PM

Mar 2013
I think I can say that nishikata and Takagi are in my top 5 favorite couples ❤️
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 10, 2023 5:20 AM

Oct 2015
Damn that was beautiful. I hope they'll make an anime adaptation of "moto" too...
Jan 14, 2023 1:45 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I'm so glad I continued watching this series. While I enjoyed the first season, I was mildly interested in it, and didn't feel like I would be missing out on anything if I dropped it. Then the second season came around, and I thought why not, even though I wasn't excited for it or anything. But I enjoyed the second season more, so that I actually looked forward to the third season. I found the series to be progressively more enjoyable each season, even though there wasn't ever a huge development. However because of that, any small development just made those scenes feel like there was a lot more weight to them. What I loved about this whole series is that there was never an actual (traditional) confession scene. Nishikata telling Takagi that he will definitely make her happy, always, meant a lot more to me, because what he said was a commitment to her. (I'm crying again just thinking about that scene). And it's so in line with his personality to "confess" almost indirectly.

While I had been anticipating some development between Takagi and Nishikata throughout the series, I really enjoyed just seeing the two together, playing around and having fun with each other. It was incredibly wholesome, and due to the amount of time they had been spending with each other, even Nishikata understood that he liked being in Takagi's company, that it was natural to be with her. Ahhhhh, I seriously can't, my heart is so full because of these two. Thinking about their wholesome relationship just makes me wanna cry again. Also, Hana :((( I'm really happy for Hana, but also that scene really hurt, because Takagi and Nishikata had both been taking care of Hana all this time.

Anyways, I never thought I'd enjoy this series THIS much when I picked up the first season. It's always fun when a story surprises you! I will miss seeing these two, but I think it's a really good place to end the story ^^
Jan 14, 2023 3:35 PM

Apr 2021
It take a bit but i finally watch it, it was beautiful, it's basically 3 episodes connected but it worked well. A amazing rollercoaster of emotions.
Jan 16, 2023 3:09 PM

Jun 2016
After The Season III I feel a little let down. Film is under delivering in some many ways while being wholesome little story. Ending of a season 2 is more meaningful to their relationship, not to say ending of a season 3 that got me deeply. It doesn’t count as an ending to a story of their love. Where is confession god damn it.
Jan 20, 2023 7:56 PM
Sep 2021
It was so good, 5 stars for sure
Jan 20, 2023 11:23 PM
Nov 2020
who is saku that Chi mentions in the end ?
Is that the name of their cat ?
Jan 21, 2023 9:43 AM

May 2015
"I will make you happy Takagi-san. Definitely. Always."

I am so glad the movie let go of the umpteen times repeated "Nishikata gets pissed off after Takagi-san teases him" formula after the first ten minutes, otherwise it would have bored me to hell. Fortunately they choose to wrap up this little love-story differently and they have done it in a way that made me tear up a bit. It was a good way to end the series.

BTW the ending was the same song that was used in Asagao to Kase-san.
IshitatesoJan 21, 2023 10:21 AM
Jan 22, 2023 3:56 AM
Jan 2018
Cute little movie, really liked it, interesting way how they handled the confession topic.
But, more importantly, what about my man Hamaguchi?
Jan 22, 2023 11:28 PM

Oct 2017
Dayum that hit like a truck, was so happy when Takagi said she was gonna take Hana home but then that happened. A sweet and fun movie otherwise. Glad for Mina, Yukari and Sanae, they'll be together. Also the post credit scene was great, Takagi and Nishikata married with a kid. Was a fun journey with this anime. I wonder if we'll get adaptation of Moto takagi san someday.
Feb 5, 2023 3:15 PM
Aug 2021
Just watched it and it was absolutely amazing. They diverged from the regular teasing very early on in the movie and followed a lovely storyline from there.

Not only was it heartwarming, it also brought tears to my eyes at times. And finally, Nishikata said what he wanted to say to Takagi for a while.

I’ve seen some complain that it wasn’t a proper confession, but I disagree. It was very well done, like the whole movie.

I’m assuming this is the end of this series when it comes to the anime seeing as all this stuff is anime original and diverges from the manga. If it is, they could not have ended it better, unless they made it a bit longer.

9/10
Feb 10, 2023 9:47 AM

May 2020
Just sweet, like it always was. Though we didn't quite get a "confession" but I mean that's hardly surprising, given we weren't aiming for some flashy declaration of love skit to begin with. This was always about two people enjoying each other's company, and for such short duration it did whatever it could.

Had a good time with the series overall and these characters. Hope someday they pick up and adapt that sequel manga too.

P.S. Post credit was the best part.
Feb 11, 2023 2:15 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 11, 2023 3:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I liked the coming of age themes with them entering high school soon and how Takagi and Nishikata took care of this cat until the kids appeared... kinda emotional especially when we get to see Chi and her parents at the end, now I hope that they'll adapt the after story
Feb 13, 2023 3:13 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
What I, and everyone else probably, loved about this movie:

-"HI WHAT'S YOUR NAME? I'M HOJO"

-Holding their breath in the pool, gazing into each others eyes while rays of light reflected upon their faces

-Nishikita helping a young child stop crying (when not even the parent could do that), as Takagi looks on, and even later teases him a little, calling him a "father"

-Nishikita realizing that there won't be any fireflies, but Takagi reassures him and tells him she already knew about it, and says they will still try and look for some, together

-Takagi looking to try and hold Nishikita's hand while waiting at the bus stop

-The whole cat segment.
--- They should've cut out this entire part and release it as an OVA or something. We came to see Takagi and Nishikita, not to have some random cat steal the spotlight for a nearly half the movie. But that's where you're wrong, bucko. Because while we do spend quite a bit of time looking after a cat, it leads into arguably the most emotionally powerful scene of the entire series. First, let's look at what we've gotten before: 

Season 1: Pretty much nothing. Just the usual teasing, simple fun, establishing some Takagi-san-world-building. But nothing that HITS you.

Season 2: The final episode, the fireworks festival scene, where all who love this show went "wow" for the first time; because that was the first time something HAPPENED.

Season 3: Of course more teasing, but this time with several moments of their love blossoming and being realized throughout, such as the scene with the play, or when we stepped inside the mind of Takagi herself for the very first time, hearing her thoughts. But of course the highlight was the final episode, where, as far as I can remember, we get as close as a RAZOR'S EDGE to a confession, but not quite. But it was still the pinnacle of the whole show thus far.

And now we come to this movie: where I personally thought a confession was finally going to truly happen. Surely it was going to happen in this movie, right?? Well, thank goodness I read a "mixed feelings" review that tamed down my expectations quite a bit, stating that it was just more of what we've seen already. Oh, so no love confession, ok then. But again, that's where you're wrong, bucko. I mean, "I will make you happy, always" from Nishikita, and then Takagi returning it later, under the fireworks? That's not just some plain old simple and shallow high school "I love you"- that's a freaking full on marriage proposal. They even show Chi-chan from the spin-off series (or sequel series I suppose), very much born and alive and well with daddy Nishikita and mommy Takagi in the post-credits scene. Sure they kind of showed mommy Takagi in the Chi-chan episode in season 3. But this scene is a full-on declaration that this family is truly a thing, confirming it for the anime-onlies who weren't aware of the Chi-chan spin-off series, like I was before watching season 3. 

But it wasn't Nishikita and Takagi subtly/not-so-subtly declaring their love for each other that was the defining moment of the movie- it was what led up to that. Takagi and Nishikita looking for missing Hana, only to see her being found and taken away by a family who has the love to give to this kitten. I love how they just watch in silence, until the family starts to walk away and then Nishikita starts to run after them- to which Takagi holds him back. She knows that it's for the best, and Nishikita, knowing that too, are struck by a wave of the emotion of bittersweet loss. They start to walk home across a bridge overlooking the sea, in the sunset, Takagi still holding the collar they were so excited to put on Hana, and Nishikita taking down the posters that were no longer needed. And then we come to the moment that kind of hits like a train: and that moment would be Takagi, breaking down, crying, completely defenceless, for the first time. Nishikita's goal this whole time was to "win" for once against all Takagi's bombardment of teasing; and this would've been the perfect opportunity. But Nishikita is not a boy anymore, only a shred of his old self remains, if even. Knowing how she felt, and feeling the same way, he comforts her, saying that Hana will be happy... Takagi will be happy... he will make her happy... always.

<3

Anyway, it worked OK as a movie, but especially for just a 1 hour+ runtime, it still more or less like a bunch of scenes thrown together, hoping they'd stick. Probably would have felt better as 2 OVA's, separating the cat part into its own thing. As a movie though? Nah. Kind of like how the demon slayer movie worked better and was paced better as individual episodes rather than one movie, at least imo. Give the Hana mini-arc its own episode, and I'd rate it as a high-8-out-of-10, the best part of all of Takagi-san.

I love this anime. Of course I'd always love more, but if that's it for adaptions, I for one am satisfied enough with what we got: Nishikita and Takagi basically saying that they will forever remain by each other's side, and the post credits scene finally showing them together in the future as a family. 

7.7/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 25, 2023 3:04 AM

Dec 2008
That was a good and adorable conclusion, I already lost patience in season 3 with them, but the movie showed that Nishikata and Takagi san are a perfect couple.
The teenage romance took a while to unfold, Nishikate finally build up enough courage and awareness of his own feelings. 
I liked how they were taking care of Hana, that really triggered their relationship to go the last mile.

The parting with the cat teared my heart apart, though, sure it was kind of nice that Hana found a new family, 
but they did nothing to deserve taking care of it, they just picked her off. 
Fortunately, it wasn't decided that the cat was victim of an accident.
Still a bit depressing when it's normally a light hearted story.

Great Movie, also the three girls got their sweet screentime, the fear of parting ways was relateable, it was bittersweet.
I'm Mina here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2023 8:42 AM
Oct 2021
This Finally Ends, Gonna miss this Anime so much <3
Mar 11, 2023 11:29 AM

Jul 2021
Finally got a chance to watch this, and I have to say I loved it. We got some really adorable scenes with Nishikata and Takagi, and all of the beautiful scenery they get to enjoy when spending time together. Especially lovely was that scene with Takagi's hair unfurling underwater, mouthing "I like you". That almost made me tear up, among a number of scenes. One thing that I really loved about this series as a whole is how it writes both wonderful romance and wonderful friendship.

My tear-jerker senses were tingling as soon as they introduced Hanna, but what made it harder to watch was the fact that she looks just like my deceased cat Giegue (yes, after the Mother/Earthbound character). Only difference was she had one yellow eye and one blue one. Ultimately, while the focus on Hanna felt a little abrupt in a way, I liked watching Nishikata and Takagi bond over essentially parenting this kitten. Especially considering Nishikata's history with cats. :'(

Overall a wonderful movie for a series I've grown to love so much.
Mar 23, 2023 7:55 PM
Jul 2020
Beautiful...just beautiful...

Having them experience raising Hana-chan together was definitely the best situation for them to become closer, and for Nishkata to finally step up and be there for Takagi.

Love how Takagi allowed Nishkata to realize his true feelings that he had for her, and that she didn't rush things too quick. Also, it was nice to see Nishkata's true charm shine in this movie, which now we see a little bit why Takagi-san fell in love with him in the first place.

I loved watching through the entire series, and I will always remember it as one of my top favorite anime of all time.
Mar 25, 2023 8:25 AM
May 2021
The little scene after the credits is as amazing, as the rest of the story.
Apr 2, 2023 12:57 PM
Mar 2021
Cuteness overload
Apr 8, 2023 3:53 AM
Jun 2022
I cried my arse out
Apr 9, 2023 8:30 AM

Feb 2021
God, this movie was fucking wholesome.

The first half of the movie, where they display the sadness about growing apart after middle school is so real. It really hit home. I'm in college rn and I regret not doing so many things in school which are forever lost to me now. Asking out your crush, going on short trips, and making memorable memories with your friends. I didn't do most of them and I regret it.

I loved the screen time for the side characters. Nishikata's friends, and of course the trio of Yukari, Sanae and Mina. But tbh I would have loved to see them bit goodbyes and grow up and meet together or something. Maybe keep in touch. It might have been bittersweet but realistic and more impactful. It would have shown sometimes, you need to grow apart but that doesn't mean that you can't cherish the memories you spent together. Also, they really didn't develop the Hamaguchi and Hojo plotline any further. What happened to them? Really wanted to see a conclusion for them too.

Bro, Kimura is a goat. This man is one hell of a wingman. He showed them an excellent spot and chose not to intrude on their moment.

I believe that after Hana was adopted, the scene on the bridge was pretty much a confession from Nishikata. Because after that at the festival, Nishikata never denies that they are a couple when the shopkeeper says so and they hold hands without any hesitation.

Honestly, this movie showed a lot more than just simple childhood love. It had a nice blend of melancholic partition, bittersweet but realistic moments in life, friendship, memories, acceptance and so much more. The songs and OSTs in this movie were so good too.

The post-credits scene was so fucking wholesome. It was a great conclusion to their story. Even though the manga is still ongoing, I believe they don't need to continue with their story anymore. They can start adapting the Moto manga now.

Apr 11, 2023 3:00 AM

Aug 2017
Masterful ending to an unbelievably good and special anime.
Apr 29, 2023 12:33 AM

Mar 2022
Niku_Akuma said:

Who is Saku please? Did you ever find out?

1. Eva to Battler Ushiromiya: "human who are crying every single" ( Battler = "w"esley "s"o & Beatrice = Alireza Firouzja ? - Ha6uVGB-Mtw or p1w4Rr-fC )
  2. "b"attler "u"shiromiya: "You got yourself a deal man. Anytime, anywhere as long as there is proctoring." - p1w4Rr-dU
  3. Update after Hans Niemann 2022: "You got yourself a deal man. Anytime, anywhere as long as there is a proctologist." - p1w4Rr-dW
  4. zs4zpf or p1w4Rr-dd
  5. Magnus Carlsen is more of a sore loser than Light Yagami & Bandit Keith. See p1w4Rr-jr
  6. Hikaru Nakamura is almost as evil as the Hikaru in Oshi no Ko. See p1w4Rr-jr
  7. xcdhgq
Apr 29, 2023 1:02 AM
Nov 2020
nicbentulan said:
Niku_Akuma said:

Who is Saku please? Did you ever find out?

No luck bro... T_T
May 1, 2023 3:21 PM

Mar 2018
Ladies and gentlemen, this is peak fiction
Jun 5, 2023 11:52 AM

Apr 2013
Was a good movie. I expected it to consist of a lot of small stories, like an episode in the seasons. Instead it was more of one long story, which I think was not as enjoyable. Still a nice conclusion, I will miss seeing them :3
Jun 17, 2023 1:31 PM

Jan 2019
what an ending to this franchise lol, cried a bit during the kitten scene and then hit with happiness afterwards 

Jun 29, 2023 6:44 AM
Nov 2020
it's nice not so cool but i liket
Jul 19, 2023 9:47 PM
Nov 2017
Slowly expressing feeling towards to lovers is the main factor that makes me so emotionally attached to the movie. <3
What could be better than a happy ending where those 2 end up together? Yikes.
Jul 21, 2023 1:00 AM
Apr 2020
what a ride this has been ;')
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» did the confession happen?

PriyanshTheAnime - Jun 10, 2022

3 by ANormalUser »»
Jan 14, 2:46 PM

» Wasn't this film a tad too melodramatic and pointless

Cestlavie_ - May 26, 2023

12 by blacknemesist »»
Jun 17, 2023 2:05 PM

» do u need to watch this movie

NuggetBandit - Sep 17, 2022

2 by CarbonMD »»
Apr 11, 2023 3:02 AM

» Is this the end??

Borealic - Nov 30, 2022

24 by CarbonMD »»
Apr 11, 2023 3:01 AM

» I were smiling the whole time.

aurora_yuuki - Jan 27, 2023

7 by -DxP- »»
Jan 28, 2023 5:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.