Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 1, 2020 11:19 AM

Dec 2016
poor quality ending. could have gotten a higher score if they hadn't decided to bring a new plot in last minute.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jan 11, 2021 11:30 AM
Nov 2017
Elf is awesome. What a psycho. I need more of him.

I loved the humor of this show but honestly a lot of the drama bored me in parts (not this episode. I liked the drama today) but I dont think the drama was my issue with it but how upfront it is with were your friends. Everything suddenly became cringy and too upfront with saying we're your friends these past few episodes. Like usually that doesn't bother me even if it is on the the nose (for example I love fairy tail), but it was rather constant since the tournament ended. I hope its dialed back a little in season 2. I get it and appreciate the idea behind it, but a little more subtlety would do wonders. Show dont tell.
Apr 22, 2021 8:12 AM

Mar 2017
Why did I not know about this anime before?! It started out as a funny gag anime but then it real hit with that shounen feel and then added a sprinkle of drama and it created something so damn awesome! The characters all ended up a lot deeper than I first thought they'd be, with many facets to them and the brilliant ability to smoothly transition a scene from comedic to emotional and back again.

This is definitely an underrated anime and it's so bloody sad!
Feb 4, 2022 8:17 AM
Jun 2020
The First 2 episodes looked like it'll be a good comedy show but then somehow it turned into cliche shounen tournament anime. Like WTF? They suddenly have superpowers now? The animation style was unique but didn't go well with the story. Overall, not very enjoyable.
Jul 28, 2022 3:13 PM

Sep 2011
Elf dude is just weird, no actual personality, just plain bad. Came into half of the episode and didn’t even add anything to the story but just wasted time. What kind of jail break was that, literally no effort. Fight scene in the end was also pretty boring.

Had high hopes for the anime when it started, thought we would see some interesting, funny jail breaks attempts made by the inmates. NOPE! A BIG FAT NOPE! The anime just kept becoming more and more painful to watch without an ounce of comedy.

Still a part of me doesn’t wanna give up on it and give it a chance with the second season but it might be the type of anime you just skim through instead of watching every second.

Overall 3 out of 10. Only because of the warden and the graphics.
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
Aug 25, 2022 4:59 PM

Dec 2018
a bit sloppy at the end there. started out a 9 and ended at a 7. i do want to see more, but i hope it's done better and with less discordant themes and mood shifts. why didn't he just talk to hajime since him and dog dude know what he knows now? instead he had to go full retard and try to be the tough guy, basically completely wiping away his progression, only to revert back to the new happy juugo, and nothing of note happened.
oof
Jan 27, 2023 10:02 PM
Feb 2022
I felt the ending needed one more note to round out the story, but it was an interesting change of direction. I really enjoy the colorful aesthetic and characters! The costumes and personalities are so much fun! I enjoyed the relationship between the prisoners and the guards. The comedy feels natural and the story is unique. I am excited for the next season!
Dec 13, 2023 12:56 AM
Feb 2015
Good but is it mean elf is something that like a clone if musashi's elf is different from Jyug?.The scene where he want to cut Jyugo head was real intense and it was executed properly almost forgot this a gag anime till last part. Is Jyugo have amnesia or something because he can't remember the special memories between him and inmates also his past. The secret deepens
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanbaka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2016

87 by jumbosan »»
Dec 6, 2023 8:19 PM

Poll: » Nanbaka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2016

58 by Hyakkin »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:15 PM

Poll: » Nanbaka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2016

203 by Goatilike »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:45 AM

Poll: » Nanbaka Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2016

40 by StateofOhayo »»
Aug 25, 2022 8:21 AM

Poll: » Nanbaka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2016

61 by StateofOhayo »»
Aug 25, 2022 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.