Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 3, 2016 3:20 PM

Jun 2011
I love the art, omg so good to look at, that alone made this enjoyable to watch, even though the story was kind of nonsense. The ED was also really good!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 10, 2016 10:54 AM

Apr 2014
The plot didn't make sense at all.. This had a potential in every aspect.
Jan 15, 2017 2:33 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
"Why are you trying to shoulder everything by yourself" Uhh well he asked for your help but you refused...

=/ And if I was the MC I would've asked who she was and where she came from, not what she was doing on the tower.
Mar 16, 2017 10:34 AM

Jul 2013
Well this turned out to be a huge disappointment which I actually expected it to be if I really wanted a good story with sufficient buildup and brilliant execution considering the length of this anime.

It's such a waste because the plot, which piqued my interest, could have gone into a lot of places but in the end it didn't make sense. Why did these alien species which we know nothing about specifically chose Noruda and sent her to earth to terraform it? What is their purpose? Who the fuck is Noruda anyway? The only piece of information we have of her is her name. They didn't even bother explaining all the key points.

Surely, flying a spaceship in broad daylight would have some consequences. It's not really much of a big deal for me but I actually expected her to go stealth mode at least.

Characters are all boring. They're so boring that I can't even be bothered to explain my reasoning because I just couldn't care less about them and the voice acting is just horrible. During the parts where they were supposedly screaming, they sounded so flat that it accidentally turned out to be hilarious.

Also, Azuma has quite the strength throwing that baseball and actually managing to break that collar even though it passed through water. Wow.

Easily a 1/10. I like the concept but I hate wasted potentials the most so I refuse to give it merits for that.

ED song was great though but that doesn't make the show any good so whatever.
Jun 6, 2017 2:05 AM

Jul 2015
The animation is good but the story is so so.Thou I think this will be a good stuff if it is movie length.
Well, nothing much expected when I watched this, but the only best thing is its soundtrack. Really good IMO.
Jun 25, 2017 9:22 PM
Mar 2015
Won't they just find another place to terraform earth
Sep 9, 2017 2:25 PM
Aug 2012
too short for such a good movie, also hearing Galileo Galilei's song in the end made me sad, cause they've disbanded and left us without their fairy music(((
Nov 5, 2017 1:31 AM
Aug 2017
I didn't think this movie is way too short...
Nov 9, 2017 7:52 AM

May 2016
That would have been awesome if it was full length and more character development 7/10
Nov 25, 2017 9:54 AM

Feb 2014
It was better than I expected. The story was not enough explained and a little bit weird and it was short, but it was still enjoyable . The art was good, and the soundtrack was amazing. Watching it while it was raining outside was a really good idea xD
Jan 18, 2018 8:44 PM

Sep 2013
Yeah, would have been better as a full hour movie. What was there was really good, but it was just too rushed to be really satisfying.

7/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 4, 2018 12:13 AM

May 2018
It looks like a raw unfinished material. Cliched characters with illogical behavior and some random unexplained events.
2/10 because it is really pathetic and pointless
Nemo_NiemandOct 8, 2018 4:41 AM

Oct 4, 2018 3:36 PM

Oct 2015
Usually figures in anime don't really leave like Noruda did, but she left for good. That was very intense and a bit emotional. The Noruda situation sure brought back Azuma and Saijou friendship.

I would've loved this more if it was longer because the animation is the type that I like. 7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 24, 2019 8:26 AM

Mar 2013
Animation and art is good. The plot though.. so confusing.. Kazuma and Saijo sure doesn't ask any questions about
their planet being destroyed and needlessly risk their lives to save an unknown and weird girl riding a spaceship lol.. those shounen ai ish dailogues xD 'I want to understand you'
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2020 5:43 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Idk why this one-shot movie get award, because in my perspective this show just an average animation video with not enough well-written element on its basic. My judgement was solid, taking all the scenery mixed in my feeling. The approaching was so weak, even i don't understand the whole point when i first watching this. The premises was so simple too. The girl of the typhoon missing her initial point in the first place. In the first explanations, she really intended to destroy the world by making the pilar of that huge typhoon. Using the word 'make a new world' and 'i create that hole', the initial intentions of the girl was so clear. Then, something happen to changed her mind, i believe. She met the boy. Using the nudity of that girl in the beginning as a bait, the meeting between the two of them clearly become a coincidence to make a movie can finish in a certain way.

Yeah, the happy ending one. When she met that boy, she realise her mistake for making the typhoon in the first place mission. She suddenly try to stop the first cyclone formation, but she failed and fall to the unconscious. The boy comes to rescue that girl, because thats what the story wants, to tell you the truth of the story to the audience.

The first approaching cyclone formation in my opinion just the beginning of her attempt to make a great typhoon. The collar led that cyclone to the middle of earth and sky vortex. When the girl awake and realise what happen, she tell the boy to run-away. Ofc as a Shounen you never gone like crazy and try hard saving that beautiful girl, right?

He success, with some magic of plot devices, as always ofc. The typhoon got cancelled. Everyone happy when the sun reveal itself again. However, the girl must return. Surprising the boy just let it go with no attempt to prevent the girl like other classic type of Shounen. He just back to his friends to make a bromance, which is make me run away from this show.

The story not so good, even i must say too weak. All that scenes with the baseball story was so unnecessary, and only reserved when the ball hit the collar, just that. I confused with that attempt. Idk. Maybe my point here is weak too. Overall, the storyline and characteristic were somehow at the border of my average satisfactions. Still, its good enough to me. The art was an okay too, even with the sound and music got pretty standardization as a short movie.

Thats it, i guess. I still make an applause to this show since its an okay little show. 6 out of 10 for the show to give me enough satisfaction through all of the time. Whatever.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 25, 2020 5:07 AM
Oct 2018
Pretty nice short film. Greatly animated, the visual is pretty good that makes a great atmosphere. Some of the scenes specially where the window gets broken and that running scene near the end were really well made. TBH there's nothing much to say about the plot or the characters (would make a nice series or a feature lenth movie tho) but what I appreciate the most about this short film is how carefully it was made. Prertty sure people who were behind this put a lot of effort.
Jan 1, 2021 7:59 AM

Jun 2017
The art & animation was really great, the story is.. ok? meh? not sure but didn't feel it overall.

The worst thing in this movie is the voice acting, it was completely horrible, especially the girl voice, I can get why as its their first voice acting role and it may be considered ok for a first role but still really bad, they need to improve a lot. Also, the ED soundtrack was good tbh.
Jul 16, 2021 8:43 PM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
This movie is objectively pretty bad. The plot is nearly nonsensical and like DrivZone mentioned the voice acting is awful.

Yet this is the 4th time I've watched it and I think I've figured out why: the animation. It's absolutely beautiful, and it's what originally got me interested in Studio Colorido's works (back when I first watched it, all they had done was this and Penguin Highway). I honestly think the movie is worth watching for the animation alone, since it's so short.

I really wonder what it could have been if it was full length, but I'll take what I can get.
Aug 16, 2021 8:45 AM
Jul 2021
From where i stand i don't think it í bad for a short 23min (not including 4 min theme song). Yeahh, the film is said that frustraiting people cuz it doesnt give enough information about Noruda. But, i don't have that feelings cuz i really love the art(OMG it looks like from MaMoru Hosoda) and the idea of the movie. It is totally a chillpill so don't judge it so much about the plot.
Sep 24, 2021 5:36 PM

May 2012
I thought it was good. Obviously it would have heavily benefited from being being a full length movie, cause man, that plot was condensed and didn't want you to ask questions.

The voice acting was a bit of a letdown, it's very rare when I think the voice acting dips below average in terms of quality, but this really only applied to the two boys. However, I love Noruda's VA. I really only watched this cause I loved her voice in Josee and the Tiger Fish and this is the only other role she's done. I hope she gets more roles.

Art was also really good, I feel like that deserves a mention too.

Good little half hour watch, all things considered. Wish it was longer so the plot could make more sense, but it was enjoyable.
Jun 25, 2022 6:34 AM

Jun 2016
I feel like they could have managed their time better. It feels like a lot of in between was cut and these are the scenes that could have been used to explain a lot more. The animation was pretty. The seiyuus were clearly amateurs but I did like their voices just not the acting part.
Apr 9, 12:50 AM
Oct 2019
Meh movie, but the ending song by Galileo Galilei is legit one of my favourite songs of all time.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Animated Preview (Update 6/4)

Stark700 - May 4, 2015

16 by tsubasalover »»
Jun 23, 2016 2:20 AM

» Galileo Galilei will Perform the Theme song for the Anime film 'Taifuu no Noruda'

aerithclode - Apr 24, 2015

1 by bwub »»
Jun 7, 2015 6:52 AM

» Teaser

aerithclode - Apr 24, 2015

0 by aerithclode »»
Apr 24, 2015 4:38 AM

» Character Designs

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2015

0 by Stark700 »»
Apr 23, 2015 2:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.