Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 31, 2011 9:23 PM

Dec 2010
I_am_onlive said:
Did you even hear what he said at the end of the episode? He misunderstood everything Camille was trying to say when she was younger, but then when he did he said "Maybe I have more to learn". In the manga he says "I guess I need to know more now". He is also suspected by Oscar, his grandfather to be doing this as well in Chapter 7.

On their way back home he first said to Yune: "You trust people to easily" so I take his reply more like admiting he also has to learn and misjudges situations sometimes, not just Yune. Even the sentence in the manga can't be interpreted that he wants anything more than understanding her behaviour back then and maybe mend their broken friendship. Oscar makes this kind of remarks all the time.
Sep 1, 2011 1:14 AM
Aug 2011
nznznz said:
I_am_onlive said:
Did you even hear what he said at the end of the episode? He misunderstood everything Camille was trying to say when she was younger, but then when he did he said "Maybe I have more to learn". In the manga he says "I guess I need to know more now". He is also suspected by Oscar, his grandfather to be doing this as well in Chapter 7.

On their way back home he first said to Yune: "You trust people to easily" so I take his reply more like admiting he also has to learn and misjudges situations sometimes, not just Yune. Even the sentence in the manga can't be interpreted that he wants anything more than understanding her behaviour back then and maybe mend their broken friendship. Oscar makes this kind of remarks all the time.

Of course Oscar does that. But as you can see Oscar also teases Claude whenever he's not honest about things. As you may have come to realize Claude is a poor liar of things. He lied that he doesn't like girls because of cats, he lied that Alice would treat Yune like a doll he also denied that Camille was like Yune when she was younger which he later admitted that she was. What Claude said in the final scene truly indicates that he will go to Camille again
Sep 2, 2011 11:22 AM
Sep 2010
otakuthon49 said:
This awesome background episode explained a lot of things.

Poor Camille, having to stay at her house just to be free.

Claude saying Normal at Yune's outfit flattered Yune? How interesting.

He always looks at her as if she was different, i think hearing that she looked normal made her feel good!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
raiburari |

Sep 2, 2011 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
More Camille x Claude goodness. It's too bad they might not end up together.
Sep 3, 2011 8:07 PM

Aug 2010
More on the sad side this episode but it was still nice.
Sep 4, 2011 1:57 AM

Nov 2008
Onyxthegreat said:
So it was really the typical rich family can't be seen with poor family because of status. I always feel sorry for the kids of rich families in such episodes. At least it looks like Claude finally understands now why she kept refusing his offers. I wonder if they will ever be at least friends again. =)

I don't think they really 'ceased' being 'friends' as they both still care for one another but have had a misunderstanding that was maybe a crack turn into the grand canyon lol. A simple real* conversation could mend said rift. I certainly hope to see more Claude and Camille.

I don't think Claude was the only one who had a realization though, it seemed to me like Camille had one herself back in episode 8 . Though Claudes may have been more personally 'profound'

I assume they will mend said friendship and likely be close again though whether or not it is 'secret' aside from a select few? who knows - Alice certainly seems to think Should pick him as her 'lover' ;)
sirwenceSep 4, 2011 2:05 AM
Sep 4, 2011 3:33 PM

Jul 2009
That bicycle puts the setting of the story close to 1896! That type of bike was "new" around 1887.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 4, 2011 4:52 PM

Sep 2008
The backstory of Claude was pretty bleh to me.
All I wanted to see more of was Alice and Yune.

I hope that Camille and Claude do not end up together; Camille deserves much more than an alley cat.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2011 5:18 PM

May 2011
Another sweet episode. I love Claude and Camille. It's too bad things didn't go so well for them; that was expected though, all things considered...

With all that backstory stuff, I completely forgot about Yune and Alice; they surprised me at the end. Whoops. ^_^V
Sep 21, 2011 8:56 PM

Jan 2010
Though this is a series about Yune, I quite like how we're getting some good development for Claude, Alice, and Camille as well. Their actions seem to make more and more sense as the series unfolds.

I've written more on this episode here on my blog.
Sep 25, 2011 12:44 PM

Aug 2009
I kind of felt sad for Camille, but I still think she's a cunt.
Oct 11, 2011 5:46 PM

Jun 2011
I respect Camille very much as she did not want Alice (and the white cat) to be restrained like she was.

This episode about Claude's & Camille's past is pretty nice. We also get to see Claude's dad although his face was never revealed but it looks like we will see him in the next episode.

Not much of Yune's screen time in this episode but little Camille do the trick~
Jan 2, 2012 10:26 PM

Jun 2009
All the sadness with Camille and Claude made it a OTP for me. D: I want it to happen.
I wish I saw a little more of Yune though.
May 22, 2012 4:52 PM

May 2012
Definitely hoping Claude and Camille get together still

Alice continues being the humor injector of this show, and she also continues to surprise me how much she genuinely wants to understand Japanese culture. And of course Yune as well.

I would have liked more Alice and Yune, but this was a fine way to do the episode ~
Aug 23, 2012 11:49 AM

May 2012
nice back story about both of them!
Aug 24, 2012 1:51 AM

Sep 2011
Another amazing episode! ;-;
Oct 13, 2013 1:11 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode, wonder where it will lead to
Apr 5, 2014 4:54 AM

Aug 2013
This episode just made me sad. Camille T__T

Whenever they show Claude and Yune holding hands, it's just so hard to ship them since they look like father and child lol.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 15, 2015 7:15 PM

Apr 2014
Claude and Camille's childhood days.
IMO Yune look better with kimono.
Jun 22, 2015 9:34 AM

Aug 2007
#unpopularopinion

I actually don't like Camille at all. I don't want Claude to be with her since it seems unreasonable for the setting they live in, anyway.

But I also don't see Yune and Claude working out either? I feel like she's too young and they mesh better as simply good friends with no romantic feelings involved.

Jul 23, 2015 1:37 AM

Aug 2013
Back then if there was any possibility that Claude and Camille could have gotton engaged or something like that, I would have felt disheartened about the outcome to be honest. After seeing the latest two episodes I can sympathise with her situation and feel her desperation, but Yune is the one who has been the main female protagonist all this time, that's why I can not bring myself to cheer for Camille. It's not a big deal, there are only 4 years age difference between Claude and Yune, so I think someway somehow things are gonna work out.
Aug 13, 2017 10:08 AM
Apr 2017
Although feel sad for Camellie, but I guess its just the way they should be
I hope Camellie x Claude happy ending would not come as this would ruin the show
Aug 13, 2020 7:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great backstory for Claude and Camille... sad that at this time it was impossible to marry the one you love
Feb 3, 2021 4:31 PM

Jan 2021
This episode wasn’t sad bad it was overall got in my nerves for a bit. But it was a bit re used I loved the episode overall
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Jul 3, 2011

210 by WatchTillTandava »»
Nov 6, 2023 9:29 AM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 18, 2011

106 by MyllerPhiem »»
Nov 26, 2022 2:02 AM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Aug 21, 2011

91 by epidemia78 »»
Jun 5, 2021 1:40 AM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2011

47 by CalmTeaTime »»
Feb 3, 2021 4:39 PM

Poll: » Ikoku Meiro no Croisée Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 4, 2011

46 by CalmTeaTime »»
Feb 3, 2021 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.