Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Feb 26, 2014 4:56 AM

Jan 2012
judals said:
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:
I'll comment on the fullbring arc thing, it wasn't good, but not as bad as Fishman Island.

You just lost whatever credibility you had with that statement. Fishman Island did what it attempted to do far better than what Fullbring arc attempted to do.

No. That's just some elitist statement because people like to hate on bleach/naruto to validate their unconditional love for one piece.

dude you barely seen a few shows you have no idea what you're talking about
Feb 26, 2014 4:59 AM

Jan 2014
renders said:
judals said:
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:
I'll comment on the fullbring arc thing, it wasn't good, but not as bad as Fishman Island.

You just lost whatever credibility you had with that statement. Fishman Island did what it attempted to do far better than what Fullbring arc attempted to do.

No. That's just some elitist statement because people like to hate on bleach/naruto to validate their unconditional love for one piece.

dude you barely seen a few shows you have no idea what you're talking about

What? That I think FB is not as bad as FI? What does that even got to do with it?
What does "FI did what it attempted to do" even mean? What did it aim for? Being bad?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2014 5:08 AM

Nov 2012
judals said:
What? That I think FB is not as bad as FI? What does that even got to do with it?
What does "FI did what it attempted to do" even mean? What did it aim for? Being bad?

Feb 26, 2014 5:15 AM

Jan 2014
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

So in order for an arc to be good, it just has to make a bucket list?
Irrational racial hatred? We don't know that before? Is this some deep message?

Note to self: Any writer who says "[something] is bad, mm'kay" is a good one, and that is deep story-telling.
Do I need to remind you of how this whole issue was triggered for the SH? Answer: Fanservice nosebleeds for one third of the arc.

Introducing yonko/weapons; how does that redeem the arc? Were they in this arc? No. They were just hyped for the future as an excuse for the quality of the current arc.
Tiger flashback, which was quite generic and nothing well-done.

An arc's main aim is to be good, itself.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2014 5:45 AM

Nov 2012
judals said:
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

Note to self: Any writer who says "[something] is bad, mm'kay" is a good one, and that is deep story-telling.
Do I need to remind you of how this whole issue was triggered for the SH? Answer: Fanservice nosebleeds for one third of the arc.

Introducing yonko/weapons; how does that redeem the arc? Were they in this arc? No. They were just hyped for the future as an excuse for the quality of the current arc.

SuperRedFeb 26, 2014 5:50 AM
Feb 26, 2014 5:49 AM

Jan 2014
It was the Oda's first and most serious attempt to introduce and write about a real life social issue

then he did a terrible job at it. He also tried to do it with drugs, twice and also failed. Same with the half-made slavery theme.

Moral of the story: Adding a theme doesn't make it any better. Not that i was't acknowledging the existence of it, I said "the arc was bad" which included the story and its subplots and whatever messages it tried to convey for the most part, whether they tried to reflect what happens in the real world or are completely based on fiction.
Feb 26, 2014 5:54 AM

Nov 2012
judals said:
It was the Oda's first and most serious attempt to introduce and write about a real life social issue

then he did a terrible job at it. He also tried to do it with drugs, twice and also failed. Same with the half-made slavery theme.

How?
Feb 26, 2014 6:03 AM

Jan 2014
Isn't judals the guy who said he couldn't bear to watch FI arc and just read the wikia? Or I mistake him for someone else since they are really similar...
Feb 26, 2014 6:06 AM

Jan 2014
wanderingplayboy said:
Isn't judals the guy who said he couldn't bear to watch FI arc and just read the wikia? Or I mistake him for someone else since they are really similar...

If you're referring to my argument with Jals9(name?) I was the one who said it shouldn't be done. Not that I make a fuss when people do it though.

D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

How?

How not?
Feb 26, 2014 6:08 AM

Jun 2011
wanderingplayboy said:

I don't know if he did, but CeeTwo did something similar, I have no idea why he never online since then though, I enjoyed his jokes.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 26, 2014 6:10 AM

Jun 2011
The way I see it, FI isn't as bad as most people say it is but the reason why it doesn't feel as "good" as most of the other arcs is because its a step-down from the shit that happened just before the timeskip. It's the same for the FB arc, which also happened just after a timeskip so the "scale" in both decreased.

judals said:
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

The Tiger flashback will play a bit more of a significant role later, you'll see. Do you read the manga? I won't say anything against your criticisms because you do bring up some good points It felt more like setup, imo, to the current arc as well as the future arcs. Especially with the yonko stuff.

Feb 26, 2014 6:12 AM

Dec 2012
ToG25thBaam said:

I don't know if he did, but CeeTwo did something similar, I have no idea why he never online since then though, I enjoyed his jokes.

He is busy with his new persona.
Feb 26, 2014 6:13 AM

Jan 2014
SolBlade said:
The way I see it, FI isn't as bad as most people say it is but the reason why it doesn't feel as "good" as most of the other arcs is because its a step-down from the shit that happened just before the timeskip. It's the same for the FB arc, which also happened just after a timeskip so the "scale" in both decreased.

judals said:
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

The Tiger flashback will play a bit more of a significant role later, you'll see. Do you read the manga? I won't say anything against your criticisms because you do bring up some good points It felt more like setup, imo, to the current arc as well as the future arcs. Especially with the yonko stuff.

If Fisher has some good part later on, good for him (and me).
But it won't change my view of whatever arc he originally appeared in that I didn't quite like. I don't see it as a redeeming factor.

The yonko being imortant is a given (top tiers in shonen? sure), so they can be mentioned anytime and people would consider that part essential.

Edit: Just to be clear: It's not that I had expectations of battles like Marineford's scale. To be quite honest I did not enjoy the main part of that arc, only the aftermath.

Fishman Island felt like 50 episodes of almost nothing. It doesn't take a reference level to dislike that. Not for me anyway.
GrunbeldFeb 26, 2014 6:20 AM
Feb 26, 2014 6:14 AM

Jun 2011
ToG25thBaam said:
wanderingplayboy said:

CeeTwo was funny. Especially when he used Wikipedia summaries to criticise something.

judals said:
SolBlade said:

judals said:
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

If Fisher has some good part later on, good for him (and me).
But it won't change my view of whatever arc he originally appeared in that I didn't quite like. I don't see it as a redeeming factor.

The yonko being imortant is a given (top tiers in shonen? sure), so they can be mentioned anytime and people would consider that part essential.

You'll see what I mean by importance in the current arc with regards to Fisher and co. I'll hold back from spoilers but you get the idea.

That's true. Though the thing about the Yonko thus far is that Big Mom is the biggest one this time around.... I'll leave it there to prevent spoilers.
SolosFeb 26, 2014 6:18 AM

Feb 26, 2014 6:22 AM

Jan 2014
I thought the "newest" yonko is the biggest one, I see him as a final villain as many do
Oh well, if that fat woman's got something interesting then I'd be pleasantly surprised.

The one thing that makes me believe Dressrosa is going to improve on the previous arcs (atm) is its antagonist
Feb 26, 2014 6:27 AM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Joke of the day, made me lol. XD

SolBlade said:

You'll see what I mean by importance in the current arc with regards to Fisher and co.

I don't see that though, am I blind?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 26, 2014 6:33 AM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Never know you can be this funny lmao
Feb 26, 2014 7:09 AM

Nov 2012
judals said:
wanderingplayboy said:

If you're referring to my argument with Jals9(name?) I was the one who said it shouldn't be done. Not that I make a fuss when people do it though.

D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

How?

How not?

He is talking about someone who coincidentally shares the
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

judals join date:
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Judals join date: Jan 25 2014
CeeTwo last login: Jan 21, 2014

Favorite Animes: Fullmetal Alchemist 2003, Hunter x Hunter, Death Note, JoJo's

Hmmmm...
Feb 26, 2014 7:15 AM

Jan 2014
D0FLAMINGO said:

He is talking about someone who coincidentally shares the join date

I joined around after episode 113 of HxH came out, so?

Anyway, you're talking about a guy who created 30+ alts to vote for naruto here, and coincidentally vote for sasuke in the avenger thread, as well as a certain episode of a certain series he disliked.

As for my favorites, Berserk, Final Fantasy to add, what about them?
Feb 26, 2014 7:15 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

LOL, wasn't CeeTwo already the alt account of HurricaneSweet. LOL. Who knows if he doesn't have other accounts.
Feb 26, 2014 7:27 AM

Nov 2012
SetsukoHara said:
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

LOL, wasn't CeeTwo already the alt account of HurricaneSweet. LOL. Who knows if he doesn't have other accounts.

CeeTwo Join date: August 24, 2013
Hurricane Sweet last login: August 24, 2013

Lol
Feb 26, 2014 7:37 AM

Dec 2012
SetsukoHara said:
tsudecimo said:
ToG25thBaam said:

I'm looking forward to the next one. I think I liked CeeTwo, he was funny sometimes.
Feb 26, 2014 8:09 AM
Dec 2013
bpSORE said:

worldwide yeah , but america? no way , bleach been popular for a good 7 years in the usa . one piece always had a bad taste in america cuz of that crazy 4kids dub . it wasnt till funimation picked it up 4 dub ppl starting to check it out again

Really? I always thought that Bleach is kinda irrelevant outside of Japan...never have I been so wrong
Feb 26, 2014 9:50 AM

Jan 2014
judals said:
D0FLAMINGO said:
judals said:

You still didn't explain how FI is still not much better than the HxH arcs I mentioned. I'd go so far as to say that it's better than those arcs combined ;)
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 27, 2014 6:30 PM
Feb 2012
arikatoki said:
bpSORE said:

worldwide yeah , but america? no way , bleach been popular for a good 7 years in the usa . one piece always had a bad taste in america cuz of that crazy 4kids dub . it wasnt till funimation picked it up 4 dub ppl starting to check it out again

Really? I always thought that Bleach is kinda irrelevant outside of Japan...never have I been so wrong

if anything bleach and naruto are the biggest / most popular shows in america since DBZ arguably .
one piece is still the big 3 though . its been popular and back in mid 2000s all three shows were amazing storywise and the ratings were sky high compare to other shows . plus i remember seeing the shounen magazines and it always was luffy , naruto n ichigo on the covers so i always thought that was the name big 3 came from.

judals said:

LOL , both were trash no need to see which 1 is better .

Feb 27, 2014 9:25 PM

Dec 2012
bpSORE said:
[i remember seeing the shounen magazines and it always was luffy , naruto n ichigo on the covers so i always thought that was the name big 3 came from.

That's where the term was coined. ''Big 3'' manga in Shounen Jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBcLKA6oNYg

Naruto only beat one piece once and Bleach only beat Naruto once.
Apr 15, 2015 3:51 AM
Jul 2014
In America it is
better, Naruto Make's about 5 Million
sales of the Manga each year while
One Piece makes about 3.8 Million

The gaps are getting closer year by year ...because of one piece popularity.

However, In Japan One Piece Rapes.
Naruto Makes about 7.8 (At its prime) Million Copies
of the manga each year. One Piece
makes 35.3Million (at its prime) copies each year.

From a world wide view, Naruto is more
popular in USA and Canada,
One Piece is more Popular in Japan,
Mexico, Russia, Italy, France, China, Tia
Land, Australia, Germany, India, and
the Philippines Islands.
Apr 15, 2015 3:55 AM

Jan 2015
Damn necros
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 15, 2015 4:04 AM

Jan 2014
Remv_quevav said:
Damn necros

This is truly the season of the necros! I called this like a month ago!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 15, 2015 4:23 AM

Apr 2014
One Piece is just as if not more popular than Naruto and Bleach outside of Japan.
Apr 15, 2015 5:57 AM
Apr 2015
Milk_is_Special said:
One Piece is just as if not more popular than Naruto and Bleach outside of Japan.

One Piece is more popular then Bleach outside of Japan. Don't give that bullshit. Only in US and some western countries Bleach is more popular then One Piece but in Asia outside of Japan One Piece is far more popular. Heck even in lot of European countries One Piece is more popular then Bleach.

With Naruto you can make a case that its more popular outside of Japan then One Piece at least in the Wes, not sure about the east.
Apr 15, 2015 5:58 AM

Sep 2014
because its garbage long shonen just like naruto and bleach
Apr 15, 2015 6:29 AM

Jun 2014
France has a bigger manga industry than the U.S and so make up more the sales outside Japan and is where One Piece sells very well along with Naruto. Dunno about Bleach though.

KILL this thread.

One Piece has 340 million + copies in circulation so how can it not be in the Big 3?
All credit goes to Sacred.
Apr 15, 2015 6:58 AM

Mar 2012
FireEmblemIke24 said:
France has a bigger manga industry than the U.S and so make up more the sales outside Japan and is where One Piece sells very well along with Naruto. Dunno about Bleach though.

KILL this thread.

One Piece has 340 million + copies in circulation so how can it not be in the Big 3?

@topic
Worst thread ever, of the big 3, Bleach sells worse than OP and Naruto ended.
For start, there's no big 3 anymore.
Apr 15, 2015 6:59 AM

Mar 2015
Because it's popular, a best-seller and got published around the same time Naruto and Bleach did.
Apr 15, 2015 7:06 AM

Oct 2013
Nostalgia. Anyways when I ask this question I always thought US was the biggest market outside of Japan. Also I was talking about the west not Japan so I didn't want to hear how much it sold in Japan.

@FireEmblemIke24 this thread was killed but got revived. Also calm down I can feel your anger through my screen, I was just asking a question.

@GoldSlash I was talking about when they were in their prime. I bet you didn't even read my post.
keragammingApr 15, 2015 7:09 AM
Apr 15, 2015 7:21 AM
Apr 2015
keragamming said:
Nostalgia. Anyways when I ask this question I always thought US was the biggest market outside of Japan. Also I was talking about the west not Japan so I didn't want to hear how much it sold in Japan.

@FireEmblemIke24 this thread was killed but got revived. Also calm down I can feel your anger through my screen, I was just asking a question.

@GoldSlash I was talking about when they were in their prime. I bet you didn't even read my post.

I understand you are talking about when they were in the prime and by that when Naruto and Bleach were in prime. In that time OP was just as popular as they were and in terms of manga sales, Worldwide One Piece was ahead of Naruto and Bleach. And You do know that Japan is not the only country in east. The World does not comprise of Japan and the West. There are lot of countries in Asia as well as Australia. Even then in terms of manga sales OP was on par with the other 2 if not ahead.

One of thing that interests me is the anime. Its because in terms of manga OP is the king but in terms of anime its different. Bleach and Naruto anime was far more popular and I don't really have anime data. But in terms of manga OP was always dominating and US really does not have that much manga sales. The manga market is very weak in US.
Apr 15, 2015 7:25 AM

Mar 2013
when i was in high school, shounen jump just got started being published in north america as a magazine.

its flagship titles were one piece, bleach, naruto, yugioh, sandman (by akira toriyama), maybe some others, i can't remember. around the same time is when the dubs started appearing on television.

a lot of people who like shounen anime were exposed to those three, with one piece being the biggest in japan, at the same time. the only reason one piece doesn't seem as popular in the west as naruto or bleach is because one piece had a 4kids dub and was dumbed down, so all the high school narutards and bleachtards probably didn't watch the anime but probably still read the manga if they were reading monthly shounen jump in america. true fans one piece fans of the manga watched the subs and were known in anime circles, but talk to someone that doesn't really into anime and they probably only know naruto and bleach because they aired on late night television instead of saturday morning cartoons
Apr 15, 2015 7:30 AM

Sep 2013
It was let in into the big 3 out of online word of mouth, damn pirates watching/reading it for free and not paying :)
But hey, that's what one piece encourages people to do doesn't it?

Merge the thread mods :)
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1361150&show=1850
Apr 15, 2015 8:10 AM

Mar 2012
JD2411 said:
lupadim said:
No, you saw exactly 100 accordingly to your list.

And don't go off-topic please. You attacked One Piece and its position at the big 3. I defended it. Now argue against my points. And I said you didn't pay attention to the anime, not that you didn't watch it.

Also, I just noticed something pretty sad
http://prntscr.com/2uczmu

Well.
You basically said they travel to an island,get supplies, beat up some bad guys and leave

at the moment One Piece is at an 8/10 and Fairy Tail is 9/10. maybe this will change

and Lupadim your printscreen proves you have good taste in anime, my friend

They should use the satellite instead of Log Pose. Much more easier. And they could go by plane.
Apr 15, 2015 8:22 AM

Mar 2012
keragamming said:

Sorry, i still reading the topic. I've seen that post, but after.

About Brazil, the problem is that nothing are much popular here, lots of pirate, tho. Since DBZ and CDZ, nothing made it and there's no way anymore, because animes aren't in open-TV agendas anymore.

Tbh, OP is well know here and very popular(but there's a lot of complains about the animation, specially the first 100 episodes).

The question is how Bleach got in the big 3! About AoT can't made the big3 because isn't Jump. I would guess that Boku Hero no Akademia will take Naruto's place.

And Toriko is still trying.... Damn Toriko!!!

KnB is a basketball with superpowers, is almost a battle shounen tho, but don't count as one.

And if we taking their prime, series like Magi, KnB...or AoT doesn't exist in that time.

Like ppl said, the big 3 are long-running shounen, they are old.
GoldSlashApr 15, 2015 8:39 AM
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» Do you think Boney's ass is a contender for best ass in One Piece?

Catalano - 2 hours ago

11 by Elti979 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

181 by Sasuke-mustang »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1075 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Sep 9, 2023

148 by LewisHarrison »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 911 Discussion

Usopp8000 - Nov 23, 2019

47 by FedeMetal »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Dec 18, 2010

120 by alrshede »»
Yesterday, 6:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.