Forum Settings
Forums

The moe misery - What are we even talking about?

New
What's your understanding of moe? (read definitions below)
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Feb 26, 2015 11:54 AM

Sep 2014
I don't get why they hate moe tho. It's like if they see a cute girl doing cute things in real life, they'll shun then and treat them like crap.

Can you really handle those kawaii tears? Can you? I thought so~
The sun is a deadly laser
Feb 26, 2015 4:20 PM

Jun 2014
If I remember correctly, there was this samurai restaurant that mentioned the meaning of "moe."

Pretty sure it was this series in the first episode
http://myanimelist.net/anime/8277/Hyakka_Ryouran:_Samurai_Girls
Mar 20, 2015 6:33 PM

Jan 2015
Its ironic how most people defending moe has totally moe characters in avatar/sigs who are mostly underaged.
Mar 20, 2015 6:46 PM

Dec 2012
Frozenkex said:
Its ironic how most people defending moe has totally moe characters in avatar/sigs who are mostly underaged.
Thank fuck you revived this thread.

Moe moe kyun!

Mar 20, 2015 6:50 PM

Oct 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
Thank fuck you revived this thread.

Moe moe kyun!

Mar 20, 2015 6:51 PM
Feb 2014
Frozenkex said:

You seem so upset! Here, have some Nico Nico Nii!

Mar 20, 2015 6:58 PM

Jun 2014
Moe is cancer.

You can't get a hard on for "Cute" girls.

Mar 20, 2015 7:01 PM

Dec 2012
Working_Designs said:
Moe is cancer.

Implying Ririka isn't kawaii-moe-desu-yo as fuck. Implying moe is for sexual purposes. Implying poster tries to attain boners whilst indulging in cute girls doing cute things.
Mar 20, 2015 7:03 PM

Oct 2012
People actually think moe is for sexual purposes? SMH.
Mar 20, 2015 7:04 PM
Feb 2014
Working_Designs said:
Moe is cancer.

You seem upset, I know just what will cheer you up!

Mar 20, 2015 7:05 PM
Feb 2014
Feaor said:

^
Mar 20, 2015 7:21 PM

Jun 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
Working_Designs said:
Moe is cancer.

Implying Ririka isn't kawaii-moe-desu-yo as fuck. Implying moe is for sexual purposes. Implying poster tries to attain boners whilst indulging in cute girls doing cute things.

Nurse Angel Ririka SOS is a kids show, unlike most of the moe crap out there.

@Shitaposta: Their tits are too big.

Mar 20, 2015 7:22 PM

Nov 2010
Frozenkex said:
Underage anime characters, whatever will they do next.
Mar 20, 2015 7:56 PM

Dec 2012
Working_Designs said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Nurse Angel Ririka SOS is a kids show, unlike most of the moe crap out there.

@Shitaposta: Their tits are too big.
It's still moe. Demographic is irrelevant, this is still moe moe kyun.

Sadly you strike me as the kind who would watch iM@S Cinderella Girls and get frustrated because you couldn't get hard to Rika's innocent teasing. "But she said she was sexy!"
Mar 21, 2015 1:09 AM

Oct 2010
Working_Designs said:
Moe is cancer.

Of course you can, now would you kindly stop being so tryhard?
Mar 21, 2015 1:12 AM

Mar 2014
Kill all Moe and loli characters
sullynathanMar 21, 2015 1:16 AM
Mar 21, 2015 1:53 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Reinforcement is coming
Shitposta said:
Frozenkex said:

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 21, 2015 2:54 AM

Apr 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:

Feaor said:

Shitposta said:

I get it, people like cute things. The problem I have understanding is, how can anyone find those things cute? They are so fake, so unnatural in their behaviour, they feel alien to me. I cant feel a damn thing seeing them, other than thinking "Ok that is a weird way to behave/react".
Mar 21, 2015 2:54 AM
Feb 2014
RayAdha said:
Reinforcement is coming
Shitposta said:

、( ̄▽ ̄)V It feels so great to drown out the tasteless moe-hating "elitist" casuals with more Nico Nico Nii~
Mar 21, 2015 4:03 AM

May 2014
It's people with shit taste being sad about their shit taste.

Mar 21, 2015 4:16 AM

Dec 2014
Shitposta said:
Frozenkex said:

Where's her nose?
Mar 21, 2015 4:21 AM

Nov 2012
Shitposta said:
Frozenkex said:

Mar 21, 2015 4:22 AM

May 2014
Shitposta said:
Feaor said:

^

he is right, moe HAS no purpose , its JUST plain weird ........... >_>
u either like or dislike it .......... simple as that.
Mar 21, 2015 4:26 AM

May 2014
SuperRed said:

Mar 21, 2015 7:07 AM

Apr 2014
Mar 21, 2015 8:29 AM

Jan 2015
Thats a nice lolicon circle jerk you got going on there.
Mar 21, 2015 8:31 AM

Oct 2012
Frozenkex said:

Feaor said:
Mar 21, 2015 8:43 AM

Jan 2015
Feaor said:
Frozenkex said:

Feaor said:

Ok then, moe circlejerk. Pardon inaccuracy.

So you're saying moe is for the same thing as cute cats on youtube are? Sigh.
Mar 21, 2015 8:47 AM

Apr 2012
Frozenkex said:
Feaor said:

Ok then, moe circlejerk. Pardon inaccuracy.

So you're saying moe is for the same thing as cute cats on youtube are? Sigh.

Well its not unreasonable, calling those characters human is kind of a stretch to begin with. They resemble beasts more, cats often being a role model for them.
Mar 21, 2015 8:49 AM

Oct 2012
baki502 said:
Well its not unreasonable, calling those characters human is kind of a stretch to begin with. They resemble beasts more, cats often being a role model for them.
How are they not human? There is no need to be tsundere, moe is love, moe is life, embrace it.
Mar 21, 2015 8:53 AM

Dec 2012
Feaor said:
baki502 said:
How are they not human? There is no need to be tsundere, moe is love, moe is life, embrace it.
This is MAL. Anything short of 100% realism is regarded as insert pandering wish fulfillment for pedophiles, no matter the field. In other news, let me introduce my musume:

Mar 21, 2015 9:08 AM

Oct 2010
Why is it that realism only matters when there is moe in between?
Mar 21, 2015 9:09 AM

Feb 2015
I am not really a big fan of it.
Mar 21, 2015 9:10 AM

Apr 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
Anything short of 100% realism is regarded as insert pandering wish fulfillment for pedophiles, no matter the field. In other news, let me introduce my musume:

If I am not mistaken that is from a supposedly good show. Nevertheless her character design is weird as fuck. Imagine her as a 3D real girl. Creeeepy. Those eyes are so damn apart moses could have been there, and apparently while he was there he also stomped on it, cause the nose is gone now. Also head to body ratio is totally off. Not to mention that with how eyes work, imagine how big her eyes must be in the back of it.

THis is basically the anatomy of it:

Or this one if you cheat eye size and imagine they actually have teeth even if you never get to see them:

However on the good side, the movement in this gif is normal. She is not doing some weird pose that nobody ever does, so thats good.
Mar 21, 2015 9:21 AM

Oct 2012
Big eyes aren't even a moe thing, they were popularized in anime and manga by Tezuka who was influenced by Disney.
Mar 21, 2015 9:27 AM

Apr 2012
Feaor said:
Big eyes aren't even a moe thing, they were popularized in anime and manga by Tezuka who was influenced by Disney.

I am aware of that. And I never liked the artstyle to begin with. But the difference with moe is that now its supposed to be cute, not just some weird artistic choice.
Mar 21, 2015 9:32 AM

Oct 2010
baki502 said:
Feaor said:

I am aware of that. And I never liked the artstyle to begin with. But the difference with moe is that now its supposed to be cute, not just some weird artistic choice.

Do you really believe that the gif of Musume is the exact same as the bug you put in your second spoiler? Because I see some differences in eye size, eye position and above all, mouth position, so I dunno. But hey, if it's the same for you then whatever. It's a matter of harmony, not realism.
Mar 21, 2015 9:34 AM

Apr 2012
jal90 said:
baki502 said:

Do you really believe that the gif of Musume is the exact same as the bug you put in your second spoiler? Because I see some differences in eye size, eye position and above all, mouth position, so I dunno. But hey, if it's the same for you then whatever. It's a matter of harmony, not realism.

Obviously not the same, eyes are smaller, not as far apart and the mouth doesnt look misplaced. But still its uncomfortably close to that design.
Mar 21, 2015 9:39 AM

Oct 2010
baki502 said:
jal90 said:

Obviously not the same, eyes are smaller, not as far apart and the mouth doesnt look misplaced. But still its uncomfortably close to that design.

But the big issue of that design is precisely the matter that is way better executed in Musume. That girl looks weird primarily because the position of her mouth and eyes relative to her face is extremely irregular. Realistic or not, that is not the case with the gif.
Mar 21, 2015 9:40 AM

Dec 2012
baki502 said:
If I am not mistaken that is from a supposedly good show. Nevertheless her character design is weird as fuck. Imagine her as a 3D real girl. Creeeepy. Those eyes are so damn apart moses could have been there, and apparently while he was there he also stomped on it, cause the nose is gone now. Also head to body ratio is totally off. Not to mention that with how eyes work, imagine how big her eyes must be in the back of it.

However on the good side, the movement in this gif is normal. She is not doing some weird pose that nobody ever does, so thats good.
I haven't seen anyone claim that the moe trend is supposed to be realistic. On the contrary, most can agree that the exaggerated features are precisely part of the appeal. It's not for you, that's alright. It's not a human study straight from Discovery Channel either.

jal90 said:
Why is it that realism only matters when there is moe in between?
Sports anime gets butchered and picked apart if it strays from 100% realism as well. You think Kuroko no Basket 2 is good? You're fat, sweaty, and lazy otaku who wishes he could play basketball! Oh you like Slam Dunk and you're fat? Well you're passionate about the sport and that's admirable regardless of physique.
Mar 21, 2015 9:41 AM

Oct 2012
baki502 said:
Feaor said:

It was always supposed to be cute, that is exactly why Disney picked that design in the first place.
Mar 21, 2015 9:48 AM

Apr 2012
jal90 said:

But the big issue of that design is precisely the matter that is way better executed in Musume. That girl looks weird primarily because the position of her mouth and eyes relative to her face is extremely irregular. Realistic or not, that is not the case with the gif.

The girl in Musume ( i suppose its the gif with the lttle girl in the kimono) still looks weird to me. The bug eye one I posted below looks extremely fucking weird. Doesnt make the first gif not weird tough.

For one, I cant get used to the eyes being that apart. That is one major flaw. From watching many anime, I can somewhat overlook and mentally blind out big eyes alone, but I cant that huge gap. The other issue is just how low the eyes are. That combined with how big her head seems to be above that, in combination with her mouth and chin taking up a small are, makes her look a bit like MegaMind from that Disney movie. On top of that her eyebrows are way too high up.

Its alot more harmonic than the bug eye one, but its still unsettling. But that is just my opinion on it. I can still enjoy an anime despite not liking the design if its good, and I have heard good things about this Musume anime. But lets be honest, manyanime with this design dont boast with excellent characters or story.
Mar 21, 2015 9:58 AM

Oct 2010
I can understand your issue with the eyes, but I think they aren't that low, real eyes are not that far above, they tend to be more in the middle of the face structure. It's the separation and the relative size what make this illusion, since they are way bigger than the mouth or the -invisible- nose.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» How do y'all watch such long series? ( 1 2 )

erikkamirs - Feb 19, 2022

99 by Punkero »»
3 minutes ago

» Why aren't there more political / historical anime?

mahrjose - 4 hours ago

1 by Cielord »»
4 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

86 by DesuMaiden »»
10 minutes ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts? ( 1 2 )

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 5

51 by velvetnyan »»
11 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 27

83 by DesuMaiden »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.