Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2014 9:46 PM

Dec 2010
Wow, you can just tell Aniplex/SHAFT produced this anime without even looking at the credits. The style is just there.

Regarding the show, it was a decent start. Not sure how it will hold up though. I'm liking the manga a lot more.

Jan 11, 2014 9:46 PM

Sep 2011
ona said:
Tennouji_ said:
Loving this series as I expected. Though I hope we will get a "closed" ending on the last episode. Unless the LN/manga is still publishing, that is...

The manga's still ongoing and hasn't moved towards a romantic conclusion in over fifty chapters. Though I suppose the
is a good place to end it.

Oh so it's a manga and that means I will read it(I'd prefer myself reading a manga more than a LN). Too bad that it's still currently publishing and that means we won't get a "closed" ending at the final episode of this.

Unless we will get the final chapter on the manga soon/very soon then a 2nd season afterwards.

Jan 11, 2014 9:49 PM

Oct 2013
wow I love the artwork. even if I disliked the episode, I would probably keep watching just for that.
Jan 11, 2014 9:54 PM

Sep 2013
Monkey Girl :3

Great ost.

Damn that was an amazing first episode I'm going to be looking forward to this :D
Jan 11, 2014 10:07 PM

Sep 2012
I like how we already have a bit of a twist with Onadera being the girl with the key and not Chitoge (like they were hinting towards for a majority of the episode). I like the premise and I look forward to a new episode every week.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Jan 11, 2014 10:23 PM

Jan 2008
fullmetal_adam said:
Nope. Did not like. SHAFT should never have been given Nisekoi. Someone like J.C. Staff or KyoAni would have done a much better job. Nisekoi is almost unrecognisable, and the bright, pastel colour scheme is hideous. Too much unnecessary SHAFT weirdness just doesn't fit and completely changed the tone from the manga. The music didn't do it for me either, and voice acting was only ok. Very disappointing.

My feelings exactly.
Jan 11, 2014 10:25 PM

Nov 2013
Very interesting plot and already several twists in the first episode.

Liked how they played with the late for school, toast in mouth, transfer student cliche but instead of your typical harem where the transfer student immediately clings onto the protagonist (making all the other students jealous), these two hate each other.

I bet most people also thought for a while that the transfer student had given the locket. Just looking at character personalities alone, Onodera having given the locket seems like a no-brainer, but with expectations and comparisons to previous similar animes (Shuffle?), it would be reasonable to think that it was the transfer student.

Now we get a nice dilemma with the arranged relationship. I'm very excited to see how this plays out. I know it was pretty hyped, but I never expected Nisekoi to be one of the best animes of the season.
Jan 11, 2014 10:27 PM

Dec 2013
There seems to be a lot of fanfare for this anime, so my expectations are going to be very high for this one. As for the first episode, it was a pretty good plot setting. The Yakuza aspect will also be very intriguing.
Jan 11, 2014 10:33 PM

Nov 2012
The animation and style reminds me of the Monogatari series.
Jan 11, 2014 10:38 PM

Jul 2013
jayvon said:
The animation and style reminds me of the Monogatari series.

It's being done by Shaft so not surprising.
My expectations will be high for this, hope it doesn't let me down.
Good start. How will the rest of this turn out..
Jan 11, 2014 10:41 PM
Mar 2012
Raku's voice wasn't really what I expected. The Climax to the yelling could have been better... It was really anticlimactic.
Jan 11, 2014 10:41 PM

Jan 2008
ZyphelChaos said:
Leio said:
The animation reminded me of Monogatari.

That's what first came to my mind when watching this.

Honestly, this episode was great. The animation was extremely good and the characters were great as well. Really looking forward to this

it's being animated by the same studio that did monogatari. Of course it would remind you of it.
Jan 11, 2014 10:52 PM

Jun 2013
As someone whose never heard of the manga, I think the Shaft animation touch worked really well. Even if it's more suited towards crazier shows like Bakemono, it added a flavor to the RomCom genre that you wouldn't otherwise see. Different/experimental isn't always bad thing, and I don't think it's bad here either. The animation also helped push along the humor for me, too. As for the show itself, nothing extraordinary, but I like the set up for the story.
Jan 11, 2014 10:58 PM

Sep 2008
Dropped.

I don't see this show getting anywhere. Just like the manga.
Jan 11, 2014 11:00 PM

Feb 2012
AsherFischell said:
Why does Shaft have to waste their time on generic crap like this? Did J.C. Staff pass on this or something? It's just another, "This girl I don't get along with at all is going to pretend to be my girlfriend, but I'm really in love with my childhood friend!" story. Ah, well. Even when Shaft does shows with crappy stories, they still end up very watchable.

stfu or gtfo.
Jan 11, 2014 11:02 PM

Sep 2012
Great first episode. I've read over 100 chapters of the manga; nothing happened, so I really love this Monogatari style twist.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jan 11, 2014 11:16 PM

Aug 2012
Man i've loved this first episode <3
Shaft gave to the series another look, awesome!!
10/10
Jan 11, 2014 11:36 PM

Dec 2011
Holy crap, been a fan since I saw Chapter 1...it is nice to see it fully animated!
Hell yeah.

The voice for Raku, Chitoge and Onodera is just right on the bill! Especially Kana Hanazawa, there is no one who can voice a soft spoken girl like Onodera!!!

They fully went Shaft on Nisekoi after all. Oh well, not that I can complain.
Hate that they skipped the parts on the animals, just went with the pictures.

And that end card. Really good. My Saturdays will finally get a dose of Nisekoi!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2014 11:48 PM

Mar 2012
As someone who's followed the manga (as most people here have), I must say this animation style is rather unsuitable for Nisekoi. Sure, Shaft has done incredibly well with the Bakemonogatari franchise with the same style, but that franchise is different in the sense that it does 1) contain legitimate drama and 2) emphasize a lot of what goes on in the character's mind. On the other hand, Nisekoi is more of a simple, lighthearted rom-com. It's successful because it doesn't have all that serious drama. For this adaptation though, they've adopted a style where the dramatization being shown feels unnatural given the context. This is particularly obvious when it comes to the part where Raku is angered by Chitoge. And the background glitter? I'm not sure what that accomplishes, to be honest. So far, a lot of flash, very little substance.
Jan 11, 2014 11:57 PM

Dec 2013
Trippwire01 said:
As someone whose never heard of the manga, I think the Shaft animation touch worked really well. Even if it's more suited towards crazier shows like Bakemono, it added a flavor to the RomCom genre that you wouldn't otherwise see. Different/experimental isn't always bad thing, and I don't think it's bad here either. The animation also helped push along the humor for me, too. As for the show itself, nothing extraordinary, but I like the set up for the story.

For those of you out there who haven't read the manga and are basing your thoughts solely on the animation, I heartily suggest you go read it. If you down the first 3 or 4 chapters and still think that the Shaft-ing works for this story, then I'd love to hear your reasons why.

The main reason why I mentioned its unsuitablility was mostly because as someone had mentioned previously, that this rom-com was written and the story was drawn in a straight line progression. The way shaft works allows scenes to be inexplicably skipped around, which imho is pretty unsuitable for this particular series (also the reason why I'd have preferred a Tora-Dora type animation over this).

I know a whole tonne of the new-age fans love the Shaft treatment, and I have to admit that I myself love and watch every series out there that I know has used it, but for this particular series I just don't think it works unless the animator is going to skip out a tonne of stuff from the manga.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that the Shafting just doesn't feel right for Nisekoi.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 12, 2014 12:08 AM

Jun 2013
i really liked the first episode.always wanted to read the manga series but when i heard it was going to be animated i just had to hold off reading it and watch it instead.really liking the comedy and the story so far.the animation is also really nice with the radiant colors.cant wait for the next episode and hope this is one of the longer series with about 20 some episodes for the first season.
Jan 12, 2014 12:15 AM

May 2012
04:29 naisu kyacchi!

05:50 incoming TransStu?

07:35 sore, ii ne

15:42 dat shinobirun

7/10. Shafuto's as artistic as ever.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jan 12, 2014 12:43 AM

Oct 2013
Watching this only for Onodera.<3
Shaft's animation for Nisekoi doesn't suit at all. I can see people loving this only because of the animation style.
Jan 12, 2014 12:58 AM

Sep 2010
The art style needs to get more Shaft-ty. More head tilts needed.
Jan 12, 2014 1:13 AM

Sep 2013
Well that was a fantastic first episode, I'm happy with the approach SHAFT took with this, it's always visually pleasing too the point that I sometimes forget to read the subtitles.
Jan 12, 2014 1:22 AM

Sep 2013
I thought this was really entertaining, and the Yakuza forced dating was a nice twist that I haven't seen since Seto no Hanayome.

Idk, right now this is the show I'm looking forward to the most, and I had no hype built up for this beforehand. It could be just that I haven't seen romcom for a while though, so it feels so fresh.

First episode was much better than Golden Time's for me, which just didn't interest me for some reason. It could've been SHAFT's style that made the difference.
cupcJan 12, 2014 1:26 AM
Jan 12, 2014 1:25 AM
Sep 2011
Ooh, look at all the pretty colors!

gj,shaft. Visually, the anime stands out from the others... but it doesn't fit. Plot seems normal(rather, I had this feeling that I experienced this before), simple. To be cruel, kind of boring.

This looks like the kind of anime that should "be played straight". What a shame, but such is life.
Jan 12, 2014 2:06 AM

Oct 2011
lol so much irony. That final scene was hilarious.
Jan 12, 2014 2:22 AM

Jul 2010
Seiyuu's voices really fit the characters.HanaKana's voice is so lovely :3
SHAFT is different and unique due to its style just like Monogatari series.
Colourful and lovely scenes ..OP ( first episode's ending ) was good .
Jan 12, 2014 2:23 AM
Sep 2013
For me, this is the most anticipated show of the season. But I found myself very disappointed. Good animation, bland story. I kept asking myself why would SHAFT adapt such a typical harem(as I never read the manga before, I never knew or wanted to know what the hell Nisekoi's about).After finishing the episode, I wanted to punch my tv screen for the lack of enthusiasm in the plot.
Madara31 said:
Considering how much the manga makes me rage, and the fact that in this episode, I already started raging within 5 minutes of Chitoge's arrival, I'm gonna watch this purely to see how well it's adapted.
That just spells bad news for me. Hope that SHAFT will add some kind of crazy twist to it.
Jan 12, 2014 2:52 AM

Aug 2013
YESSSH Been reading the manga for ages, and now in animation is delightful, especially since it's pretty art. Also, I don't mind the seiyuu's , actually I quite like the choice they made for the seiyuu.
Jan 12, 2014 3:01 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode (^-^)
I was expecting this anime to be great and i was right. The artwork reminded me of the monogatari series. Looking forward to episode 2
Jan 12, 2014 3:03 AM

Feb 2012
Even if Nisekoi is typical school/romance anime I enjoyed this episode. Good comedy. I laughed pretty much. Nisekoi have such a nice art. I will watch this anime for sure! :)
Jan 12, 2014 3:12 AM

Sep 2011
The smell of gunsmoke XD

Animation felt weird btw but I'll get used to it (I hope)
pew pew pew
Jan 12, 2014 3:19 AM

Apr 2013
The Akiyuki Shinbou style ( or is it the Shaft style? ) doesn't really suit this anime. It's not horrible but still a little awkward. It's like the director is trying to make new dishes but doesn't change the sauce.

But I still liked this episode and hope to like the rest.
Jan 12, 2014 3:28 AM

Apr 2011
Hmm. Quite cliched but I guess good for a start.
Jan 12, 2014 3:54 AM

Aug 2013
This is really looking like my kind of rom-com!

I might even be interested enough to read the manga.
Jan 12, 2014 3:59 AM

Apr 2009
How can a boy who raised by Yakuza become this pathetic ? This show would be more interesting if his character like Oga from belzeebub.
Jan 12, 2014 4:22 AM

Jan 2013
Beside from the thing that t3h SH4FT *style* doesn't really fit well for this anime, the visual and editing is pretty bad compared to other Shinbou works.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jan 12, 2014 4:29 AM

Jul 2013
Kinda remind me of Seto no Hanayome with all those yakuza thing..

when their classmates saw Raku and the blonde girl being close I thought they would snap and start harassing the MC for being close to a pretty girl... good thing hes the heir to a yakuza gang...

So Onodera can't bring herself to ask him about that promise thing just because shes shy?? man thats lame.. I hope theres more to it..

interesting 1st episode.. that blondie is annoying tho.
Jan 12, 2014 4:36 AM

Nov 2008
That Monogatari-like animation and theme by Claris! That is adaptation done right! Yay!

Jan 12, 2014 4:36 AM

Oct 2009
Did Shaft just make Nisekoi good? Amazed...
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Jan 12, 2014 4:38 AM
Sep 2013
my new favorite anime from shaft this winter season
Jan 12, 2014 4:43 AM

Mar 2013
I've been waiting for this forever.
Absolutely stunning and gorgeous animation. This exceeded my expectations by a milestone.
Aaahhhh of course, Chitoge will always remain as the bitch in my perspective forever.
Jan 12, 2014 4:45 AM

Jan 2013
I laughed so hard from 7:15 to 7:50 when Ichijou's axon (or something) in the brains got ruptured and the moment he say's "I didn't say anything" with the same face when Chitoge wants to hit him. Priceless.
Jan 12, 2014 5:04 AM
Mar 2013
if all episodes are going to be at least as good as this one ill give a 10/10 to this show ^^
Jan 12, 2014 5:10 AM

Jan 2013
lol, I bet he didn't see that one coming :D
Jan 12, 2014 5:32 AM
Sep 2011
A very cool start really liked the sparkles thing n very funny too ~
gotta stick to this show for a while :D
Jan 12, 2014 5:42 AM

Aug 2012
I really liked the animation in this episode. Shaft did a good job in portraying the original material and their own style. The colors are vivid and clear, making it really pleasant to watch. Chitoge's voice is a bit too girly for a "gorila woman" but I should be used to it in no time.

As for people saying it would have been better if JC Staff handled it... I can see your point, as a manga reader. Still, if this was animated by JC, Nisekoi would have become just another random romcom anime.
Shaft tries to be different, which isn't exactly bad. For some reason, even though I know what's going to happen next, I totally look forward to watching the next episode. I bet I wouldn't feel like this with another studio, at least for this anime.
Jan 12, 2014 5:48 AM

Jul 2010
Watched the first episode and it is in my top 5 of the best winter anime series 2014 already XD
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

484 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Jan 1, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

237 by Term4738 »»
Dec 23, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 17, 2014

286 by nanajp »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

264 by nanajp »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:39 PM

Poll: » Nisekoi Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

180 by nanajp »»
Dec 9, 2023 2:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.