Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 9, 2015 3:06 AM

Jun 2010
tucodon said:
igundam said:

at least they didnt got massacred like those mercenary bunch and they even got her mind controlled or something :p

Nope, all because of the dress.

What is this dress people are talking about?

Sep 9, 2015 3:08 AM

Apr 2008
Benisuzume said:
tucodon said:

Nope, all because of the dress.

Did you miss the glowing dress the light dragon came out of?
Sep 9, 2015 3:11 AM

Apr 2008
Gov said:
One major thing about this anime that I dislike is how overpowered protagonist and his group is. Can someone challenge them even slightly? We have seen 10 episodes of the enemies being embarrassed.

Just once I would love to have a Goku arrives on Namek to face the Ginyu force domination moment on here. The main character's cast of misfits are waaay to comfortable.

The series is called OVERLORD Not get challenged by the lowbies
Sep 9, 2015 3:13 AM

Jun 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Benisuzume said:

Ah cheers, it all happened so fast and was hard to tell what actually happened. I'll have to go watch it again.

edit:

Ok cool I see it now.

It's surprising how a spell could drop Shalltear like that. Didn't think humans had it in them to cast something like that. I wonder who they are? I wonder if they left her like that at the end... they didn't seem to be around after all that... dammit I hate cliffhangers.
WallenwhatsitSep 9, 2015 3:18 AM

Sep 9, 2015 3:26 AM

May 2014
Damn, can't believe she got captured though.
Sep 9, 2015 3:29 AM

Apr 2008
Benisuzume said:
Darklight0303 said:

Ah cheers, it all happened so fast and was hard to tell what actually happened. I'll have to go watch it again.

edit:

Ok cool I see it now.

It's surprising how a spell could drop Shalltear like that. Didn't think humans had it in them to cast something like that. I wonder who they are? I wonder if they left her like that at the end... they didn't seem to be around after all that... dammit I hate cliffhangers.

Like it was already said the truly exceptional thing was the dress. Without that they would all be bloody scraps on the forest floor
Sep 9, 2015 3:34 AM
Oct 2011
Benisuzume said:
Darklight0303 said:

edit:

Ok cool I see it now.

That dress was a World Class item,one of the most powerful items of Slaine Theocracy,basically a national treasure.
Sep 9, 2015 3:51 AM
Aug 2013

and is there some condition to turn into that wierd looking form like collecting enough blood or somthing?
CareBearAug 16, 2020 1:24 AM
Sep 9, 2015 3:54 AM

Apr 2008
pido125 said:
affter the dragon thingy,, did they exploited shalter for information and brainwash her to attack nazarick?. or did they just leave her there?.

and is there some condition to turn into that wierd looking form like collecting enough blood or somthing?

The controler got a hole larger than the size of a fist in their stomach. She's dead. With her dead she can't be ordered around.

That monstrous form is cause of her racial weakness Blood Frenzy. When too much blood gets absorbed in that orb it triggers and she goes in a rampage. This is not a spoiler since it was explained in the novel During the rampage that was animated.
Darklight0303Sep 9, 2015 3:57 AM
Sep 9, 2015 4:00 AM

Apr 2015
Ugliest female vampire....
#CHEXIT
Sep 9, 2015 4:10 AM

Aug 2008
Since most of the NPC in Nazarick have two forms, one is their monster form and another one their human form, which one is their real appearance or are both also their real appearance?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 9, 2015 4:15 AM

Apr 2008
Zapredon said:
Since most of the NPC in Nazarick have two forms, one is their monster form and another one their human form, which one is their real appearance or are both also their real appearance?

Human form is their inactive mode. Monster form is their true form
Sep 9, 2015 4:35 AM

Jun 2011
Wooo they finished translating Vol 6 of the LN so now I can read vol 5 and 6. I waited since Vol 5 and 6 are a the first two part volume story of the LNs and i wanted to read it in one go.

Like everyone else said this episode was rushed they cut far too many things out but lets hope that they do a good job with the rest now that they gave 3 episodes to finish off the rest of this LN.

Also this is what Shalltear is meant to look like

The anime version tbh looked rather lacking.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Sep 9, 2015 4:59 AM
Oct 2013
Shalltear went 180 with her transformation. For me, all the loli moe she had built went down the drain. Then it went up again after another 180. Been scarred forever now.
Sep 9, 2015 5:05 AM

Jun 2013
Sumire is an outstanding voice actress. This episode was great
Sep 9, 2015 5:37 AM

Jun 2010
Slicer22 said:
Wooo they finished translating Vol 6 of the LN so now I can read vol 5 and 6. I waited since Vol 5 and 6 are a the first two part volume story of the LNs and i wanted to read it in one go.

Like everyone else said this episode was rushed they cut far too many things out but lets hope that they do a good job with the rest now that they gave 3 episodes to finish off the rest of this LN.

Anime watcher only here... not much difference in the pic to me. Both are ugly lol.

Off topic: goddamn that hestia.dance link... made my day, thanks! :D

Sep 9, 2015 5:38 AM

Apr 2011
Finally third volume.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Sep 9, 2015 5:47 AM

Jun 2010
All the complaints of the LN v Anime... as an anime only watcher, I don't really notice anything quite off with the show... I think it is very good overall, nice pacing (which doesnt get bogged down like most animes) and a very intriguing story... still probably my favorite of this season.

That said though, I feel like I should start reading the LN though... sounds like lots of juicy content I'm missing out on.... :D

Sep 9, 2015 6:20 AM

Jul 2014
Benisuzume said:
All the complaints of the LN v Anime... as an anime only watcher, I don't really notice anything quite off with the show... I think it is very good overall, nice pacing (which doesnt get bogged down like most animes) and a very intriguing story... still probably my favorite of this season.

That said though, I feel like I should start reading the LN though... sounds like lots of juicy content I'm missing out on.... :D

There is rushing, but it's not a big deal, the problem is that they choose to rush this part when they could rush other things that have absolutely no meaning in the long run.
Sep 9, 2015 6:39 AM

Oct 2013
Slicer22 said:

I find it better tbh. They're both similarly creepy as fuck, but the anime version's Shalltear at least has a proper(when I say proper, I mean for a monster). I mean, she has teeth coming out of her freaking lips in that pic. Creepy sure, but a bit ridiculous.

Anyway, as an anime-only, I've mixed reactions to this ep but the positives outweigh the negatives. For the bad, things really happened fast...leave me a bit confused BUT nothing that couldn't be fixed reading a few posts.

For the good, it's all in how bloody damn creepy Shalltear managed to be during her blood frenzy. Her blocking the mercenary Brain's sword with her pinky fingernail looked incredibly stupid and was a bit much though.
Sep 9, 2015 7:32 AM

Aug 2013
Eww she looks cuter in loli form hahahaha.
From just anime perspective it ain't that bad. I enjoy it anyway.
I'll have to read the LN when I have the time after the anime is over.
Sep 9, 2015 7:32 AM

Dec 2013
This episode wasn't really all that bad. Sure they rushed the fights and some dialogue, but for anime-only's point of view, it did run quite smoothly. I was disappointed that they didn't show much about Brain's reasons for even fighting Gazef, and also for Zack's back story. It feels like some throwaway characters live up to their purpose a little too well.

Oh, and one question here, did Shalltear manage to kill off all of the party that she was fighting in the end? Or was there someone left to control her?
The last scene looked like she was just standing there alone in the middle of a crater, but I would assume that if she managed to kill the lady who blanked her mind, then she would go back to normal, no?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 9, 2015 7:36 AM

Apr 2008
L-Ryoshi said:
This episode wasn't really all that bad. Sure they rushed the fights and some dialogue, but for anime-only's point of view, it did run quite smoothly. I was disappointed that they didn't show much about Brain's reasons for even fighting Gazef, and also for Zack's back story. It feels like some throwaway characters live up to their purpose a little too well.

Oh, and one question here, did Shalltear manage to kill off all of the party that she was fighting in the end? Or was there someone left to control her?
The last scene looked like she was just standing there alone in the middle of a crater, but I would assume that if she managed to kill the lady who blanked her mind, then she would go back to normal, no?

She took a hole bigger than a fist through the stomach. If she's not dead she's unconscious and unable to give any orders.
Sep 9, 2015 7:38 AM

Nov 2013
People are really complaining about this episode and saying it is worse than previous ones? This was the best episode since the first few episodes of the series. That previous arc when Ainz traveled with that maid was the most boring and lackluster part of the show. It finally picks up here and people whine.
Sep 9, 2015 7:41 AM
Oct 2011
L-Ryoshi said:

Her spell(items's ability) was interrupted half-way,even if she's dead doesn't mean the effect will be gone,but that also doesn't mean they have control of her because of the interruption.(oh and she's not dead btw simply in a coma as i remember, they can't heal her because of Shalltears ability ).The others simply retreated after trying to capture her while she was unconcious but got rekt and some of their members died.They did leave some lookouts
barmarSep 9, 2015 7:45 AM
Sep 9, 2015 8:08 AM

Jun 2013
fucking censoring man damn dude she's blocking his sword with just her nail that was epic i don't it to end :'(
Sep 9, 2015 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
HandsomeMan said:
People are really complaining about this episode and saying it is worse than previous ones? This was the best episode since the first few episodes of the series. That previous arc when Ainz traveled with that maid was the most boring and lackluster part of the show. It finally picks up here and people whine.
I don't care if it picks up in the last 4 episodes, because that just means it'll be rushed as fuck given the pacing we've gotten before. And look at what we got.
I thought the other episodes were more interesting overall.

It should have been like 24 episodes. Now it just becomes oddly paced.
Sep 9, 2015 1:00 PM

Jan 2011
as a novel reader, personally i feel the flow is going well
anime adaptation will often skim through extra details/ emphasis on important parts, and hence the lack of description on some details, etc brain inner monologues or situation in hotel

welp, having to see shalltear getting scene time is more than a blessing to me already <3
Sep 9, 2015 1:22 PM

Oct 2011
GreenSoap said:
HandsomeMan said:
I don't care if it picks up in the last 4 episodes, because that just means it'll be rushed as fuck given the pacing we've gotten before. And look at what we got.
I thought the other episodes were more interesting overall.

It should have been like 24 episodes. Now it just becomes oddly paced.

I disagree. 24 episodes would have had horrendous pacing. People were already complaining at the pacing early on the 12 episode adaptation, imagine 24. No. Make it 12 and then add some OVAS.
Sep 9, 2015 1:47 PM

Oct 2011
Shaltear got controlled. I hope Ainz can save her
Sep 9, 2015 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
Shalltear was awesome
Sep 9, 2015 2:37 PM
Jul 2015
Decent episode, pretty enjoyable.
Sep 9, 2015 3:05 PM

May 2015
Holy shit, this episode being bloody is an understatement. But fuck, this episode was pretty nice, although went by pretty fast. Shalltear in that form is just too scary and brutal.... That Albedo. I want her for myself....

Sep 9, 2015 3:18 PM

Jan 2013
Arcanix said:
They can't handle the fight better if they keep using this abomination of animation. The characters look like complete shit sometimes and in 10 episodes i can remember only 2 parts where the show had decent animation.

all the budged went into one punch man i guess
well most of us figured that this was going to be low budget b4 it aired
Sep 9, 2015 3:56 PM

Apr 2013
Not even one worthy foe in this show ?

It like you're playing with a max lvl character with full armor in a low level area.
Sep 9, 2015 5:41 PM

Apr 2015
Sep 9, 2015 6:21 PM

Apr 2008
Tylaen said:

What a pair of unbearably obnoxious twats
Darklight0303Sep 9, 2015 6:50 PM
Sep 9, 2015 9:30 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Quite possibly one of my least favorite episodes. Of course I dont' read manga or LNs, so I don't have fore-knowledge of the plot. The crying warrior was silly. However, it was Shalltear that I didn't like. She's possibly my favorite character, but her transformation was horrendous, and I don't like that she lost the battle.
Sep 9, 2015 9:49 PM
Apr 2015
This episode felt too rushed. What was Shalltear's objective anyway? and where that warrior guy disappeared to? Disappointing.
Sep 9, 2015 10:26 PM
Jun 2015
imouto4oniichan said:
This episode felt too rushed. What was Shalltear's objective anyway? and where that warrior guy disappeared to? Disappointing.

as far as i understood her objective was to capture a person that could use martial arts skill for Ainz
Sep 9, 2015 10:31 PM

Apr 2014
Could someone explain what we missed from the novel due to the rushing?
Sep 10, 2015 12:11 AM

Aug 2008
I know Ainz has the highest authority in Nazarick with Albedo being second. Who's next after them? Does all the floor guardian has higher authority Sebastian or Sebastian higher than them?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 10, 2015 12:25 AM
Jul 2018
Wow the brutality in this episode was awesome, Shaltear is seriously creepy in her other mode but I did love the way she destroyed them. Blocking the sword with her nail was also pretty cool. The fight was pretty awesome overall albeit kind of rushed rushed, I kind of hoped there were more explanations but overall I really enjoyed it.
Sep 10, 2015 12:48 AM

Mar 2012
First people complain the pace is too slow and now they complain it's too fast...

Pretty good episode though her transformed version was a bit iffy. It looked more ugly than frightening lol. Not sure why she transformed though since it basically makes her weaker due to being driven by blood thirst instead of thinking rationally.
Sep 10, 2015 1:03 AM

May 2015
Ohhh Shaltear, you're so kawaii.....

yeahh.. so kawai

[spoiler]yeahhhh.......sooo fuckin kawai (or kowai) on this episode
Sep 10, 2015 1:16 AM

May 2011
They rushed to much. Brain vs shalltear fight was disapointing least. They might have rushed half of volume to put more focus onto second half but still.... brain play's role in later volumes and having more detailed fight vs him would've been nice.
Not to mention in novel shalltear looked way more badass
Avenger-senpai said:
First people complain the pace is too slow and now they complain it's too fast...

Pretty good episode though her transformed version was a bit iffy. It looked more ugly than frightening lol. Not sure why she transformed though since it basically makes her weaker due to being driven by blood thirst instead of thinking rationally.
if i remember correctly she has insane bloodlust and cant control herself.
thats like her weakness :D

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NTADSep 13, 2015 12:24 AM

Sep 10, 2015 1:22 AM

Feb 2011
That's one way to die without regrets, unless his hands fazed through before he could get a feel. I guess this answers how Solution eats for readers who didn't get that great of an illustration. Glad I didn't read ahead considering the comments. I'll have more to look forward to when reading now. As for that last seen, I think it would be interesting if Shalltear was brought back to life. What I mean is a vampire changing back into a human. If I'm not mistaken, the sun was up and she wasn't affected at all. If being part lamprey contributed to her being unaffected or the fact that she was originally from a game, then I guess it's unlikely. I'll look forward to the remaining episodes.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Sep 10, 2015 3:20 AM

Nov 2011
terminador_2397 said:
Shalltear was awesome

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 10, 2015 4:19 AM

Apr 2008
Reload said:
That's one way to die without regrets, unless his hands fazed through before he could get a feel. I guess this answers how Solution eats for readers who didn't get that great of an illustration. Glad I didn't read ahead considering the comments. I'll have more to look forward to when reading now. As for that last seen, I think it would be interesting if Shalltear was brought back to life. What I mean is a vampire changing back into a human. If I'm not mistaken, the sun was up and she wasn't affected at all. If being part lamprey contributed to her being unaffected or the fact that she was originally from a game, then I guess it's unlikely. I'll look forward to the remaining episodes.

Being brought back to life would weaken her completely. Not a good choice at all
Sep 10, 2015 5:15 AM

Feb 2012
So much petty complaining. You guys all suck
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

240 by Gooliver »»
May 5, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

432 by RayousSR »»
Apr 24, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

368 by mustiest »»
Apr 17, 8:09 PM

» Why do people compare this show to SAO? ( 1 2 )

arc1only - Jan 8

58 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 31, 3:47 PM

» Why is shalltear stronger than Ainz??

SkyVongolaPrimo - Oct 20, 2015

16 by janreycampo »»
Mar 27, 10:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.