Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 1, 2014 3:27 PM

Aug 2013
Charliehsv said:
Badass and the goriest Black Lagoon episode to date. It was good see some Lotton, Sawyer and Shenhua again :D

i like sawyer, she's a great "cleaner" plus she is kinda cute. what? she is....
Jul 14, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2011
Wasn't Rock waiting for some other faction? Chang already called, and he wasn't who he ment. So maybe Hotel Moscow? Especially after inquiring about the favor Balalaika owns Dutch. I can't imagine right now how ithe situation could get any uglier, but i'm sure they'll find a way.
Jul 18, 2014 7:46 PM

Jun 2014
WTF. Roberta is no longer worthy to be called badass. Shes turned full out psychotic. Like psychotic on par with Gasai Yuno.
Aug 20, 2014 1:54 PM

Nov 2013
DaydreamHero said:
why do I keep watching this?

children in extremely dangerous situations, they're screwing up Roberta, and I doubt she'll make it out of this alive. A bunch of poorly contrive circumstances just to get certain characters involved in a blood bath.

something about it keeps me watching.

I'm a fan of badassery, but standing up and shooting a sniper rifle with one hand is WAY over the top.

You said it yourself, you shouldn't be watching Black Lagoon for anything that's going to make sense. It's just fun unfiltered action. I mean come on there was one handed LMG wielding loli's in season two.

Intense as fuck episode, Roberta is amazing.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 1, 2014 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
OMG, Fabiola is so fucking cute!
Oct 24, 2014 3:07 PM

Sep 2014
Whoo, Roberta is crazy!!! 'Dat belt gun after seducing the guy!!!

And great to see Shenhua, Lotton, and Sawyer again. It was cute how Lotton and Sawyer were playing the Playstation XD
Nov 20, 2014 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
Roberta is the definition of crazy.

Episode score: 3/5. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't had so many distractions during the episode. It still didn't seem all that great, but there was a lot of action, and it was entertaining.
Dec 18, 2014 3:03 PM

Sep 2013
That elevated platform! Wouldn't diving into battle from there...

make for a cool entrance?
MeviousDec 24, 2014 12:03 PM
Dec 20, 2014 8:35 AM

Jan 2013
AICW said:
BTW, this episode had one of the besti depictions of what a silenced submachine gun sounds like: a sewing machine.

Yeah almost sounded like a nailgun.

Good episode, and I wonder if the "young master" really did get shot, doubt it though.
Mar 13, 2015 6:02 PM

Feb 2015
You know what wizard is good for? Buying time.

Roberta looks great without her maid outfit... though, beating up that guy to pulp made me cringe a lot.

This has to be the best episode on BL imo... heck, any action scenes with roberta is great.
Mar 18, 2015 1:14 AM
Mar 2015
What an awesome action packed episode. One thing that stood out to me was Rocks great driving skills, although i think we have seen him behind the wheel a bit before. Shenhua and Revy usually make for some colorful dialogue! Lotton and Sawyer had me laughing out loud and to top it off the last bit with Roberta had my jaw on the floor.
Aug 27, 2015 9:09 AM

Apr 2013
Roberta definitely knows how to seduce a guy, a shame she doesn't kill that boy as seen in the preview :/
Aug 31, 2015 4:02 AM

Mar 2010
Roberta is my fav character. Shes just psycho, interesting to watch.
Dec 18, 2015 9:44 PM

Feb 2014
Oh... How happy I became to watch how occured the second kiss of this anime...
so intense... please, stick out your tongue more.. motto... motto...

GO TO HELL with this hollywood anime... can't nosenses occur more than I saw so far? I'm missing them... pff....

PS.: Sincerely, I barely remembered of the first kiss....
TechOtakuDec 18, 2015 10:14 PM
Mar 9, 2016 2:16 AM

Dec 2013
Those villians are terrible shots. She was just standing there and they still couldn't hit her! Wtf!

That got really bloody! Love Roberta :)
Oct 14, 2016 1:16 PM

Feb 2015
OMG! Roberta is gone *$@#ing mad! I knew that pooping those pills were gonna effect her!
Nov 15, 2016 4:02 AM

Jun 2016
this is what I'm looking for.
awesome episode.
roberta is so badass. and she gave me a boner those scene too :D hehe

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Jun 30, 2017 4:21 PM

May 2014
Well, that was an...interesting episode.

I was thrilled to see Shenhua, Lotton & Sawyer again- they're basically all pals now. Like an alternate Lagoon company lol I would totally watch a spin off about them.

Oh dear, oh dear.
Men and their penises -_-
Love how this guy kind of got built up as an equal to Roberta...but she ends up seducing him and effectively blowing his crotch off with a belt buckle pistol XD

So both Garcia and Roberta have lost their marbles. She's off her rocker on god knows what sort of pills and is hallucinating & her poor master has basically gone into shell shock.

Anyway, this was an outstanding episode, maybe even the best of all the seasons of the series.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2017 12:04 PM

May 2012
What an impressive episode and what an end! Pretty amazing if you ask me, let's see what's next.
Nov 3, 2017 12:48 PM

Oct 2015
Rosita sure did a number on those soldiers, she really lives up to the name "bloodhound" especially when he pounded that guy.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 18, 2018 3:44 PM

Feb 2018
Lots of action,
Wizard, shen hua & jason girl make debut again

Roberta , shes a beast with the big gun

And never expect that kiss scene from roberta XD.
What did You expect? life sucks from the get go....
May 22, 2018 6:12 PM

Sep 2013
Dammit...I wish I hadn't watched the preview for next episode =(

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 13, 2018 7:02 AM
Nov 2018
Funny that when she fights Alberto the only thing he had to do differently than everyone that ever got into her way to beat her, was aim to her stomach.
Jun 7, 2019 9:21 AM

Sep 2018
Holy shit. That was seriously badass even by Black Lagoon's standards. Loved the car sequence at the beginning and then the gunfight was just surreal. I'm loving this.
Sep 20, 2019 3:05 PM

Mar 2018
Roberta is just amazing. She's definitely my favorite character.
May 27, 2020 5:06 AM

Dec 2013

This so funny! Nice to see Shenhua and the gang again! Lol.
Awww Robert is too brutal eep.
The young master is still a kid, he should have stayed with Rock and let the adults deal with Roberta

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Oct 26, 2020 3:26 AM

Aug 2015
Damn, that guy almost scored, with Roberta nontheless.
But he should've seen this coming.

Also fantastic voice acting performance from Roberta this episode in the english dub of course.
Nov 8, 2020 8:48 AM

Apr 2020
That guys such a fucking idiot.
AND HOLY SHIT
She beat his face til it was half gone
GG
Jan 1, 2021 7:12 PM

Jul 2017
Fucking insane episode and the bloodiest and darkest episode of Black Lagoon till date. Roberta was so fucked up mentally that it felt impossible for her screws to be fixed back into her skull. Them drugs and violence really caught up with her that badly, that she couldn't stop hallucinating, even when Garcia was right there. Poor kid had to hear Roberta go down on a soldier for a bit and then just slaughter said soldier after, basically seeing how the maid turned into a goddamn psychotic monster. Watching it at night made it so much more better too, plus seeing intense scenes like Chang calling Rock or Sawyer chainsawing people in half and Shenhua and Revy murdering with not a shit given in the world as blood flies everywhere was all just pure ruthless. Episode 2 had no action but episode 3 had some pretty fucked up shit happening and I was all in on it. The whole episode just felt like an acid trip, like I was overdosed on the drugs that Roberta took.
Apr 23, 2021 12:42 AM

Aug 2016
This might be my favorite Black Lagoon episode up to date.

- Rock has surely developed from the very beginning of the series.
- Shenhua, Sawyer and Lotton are back and the three of them are as fucking great as always.
- The morals of Fabiola clash with the morals of everyone in Roanapur making for a very interesting scene.
- Roberta is definitely on of my favorite characters of the series. She is so unstable and mentally destroyed thanks to all his drug abuse and her PTSD that she even thinks Garcia is an illusion.
- The whole scene with Roberta seducing the Cuban guy just for her to fucking destroy his head.
- Chang.
- By far the goriest Black Lagoon episode.

We still need more Dutch, Benny and Balalaika, but this OVA is fucking amazing, might be one of my favorite Black Lagoon arcs so far.
Jun 27, 2022 11:32 PM

Jul 2016
Lotton is hilarious and I wish he got more screen time.
Oct 5, 2022 4:55 PM

Aug 2019
Roberta can step on me and I’ll thank her

(Jk) she’s seriously insane like, she’s in another freaking level of insane and here I thought Revy was violent

Ayo but why is that one soldier speaking kinda hot
Sun_ChanOct 5, 2022 5:10 PM
Oct 28, 2022 7:56 PM

May 2022
(24:30-27:44), probably one of the best scenes I seen in a minute.
Love_meeOct 28, 2022 8:15 PM
Jan 29, 2023 9:04 PM

Nov 2021
lol I'm like 101% sure that Roberta somehow won't succeed in shooting him... overall a great episode. 
Sep 11, 2023 4:55 AM

May 2015
PLEASE TELL ME GARCIA IS NOT DEAD I DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT !
Oct 20, 2023 11:11 PM

Sep 2023
"I'M COMPLETELY OKAY WITH THAT - I just have one question for you..."

Omfg I'm hurting from the laughter. This dude is a fucking goofball. Then later when chainsaw girl stole his thunder I mean wow... I love comedy inserted into a usually dark themed anime.
Jan 14, 12:18 PM

Dec 2010
I know very well what type of fiction this is supposed to be, but even then it's kind of hard to suspend my belief when Revi and co. are literally running headfirst into a barrage from multiple rifles. Or when Roberta didn't even get grazed when she displayed herself on the roof.
Jan 16, 1:43 AM

Oct 2020
The English dub continues to impress me. From the effective comedic line delivery to the dynamic emotional ranges presented, it's extremely solid all around

I also found it interesting how they showed Rock offering advice to Garcia while Revy did the same for Fabiola since I guess they can both somewhat relate to their respective situations
Jan 23, 9:17 PM

Jan 2024
We're getting all out war again in the streets of Roanapur. Rock is changing, he's colder in a way that he wasn't before. He clearly still cares for the safety of innocents like Garcia and Fabiola, but he is also seeing them and everyone else as pieces in a game or actors in a play. He's trying to think things through and plan out a good ending, but there is still that subtle dehumanization and distance he's creating between himself and others now.

I love the trio of Shenhua, Sawyer, and Lotton living and working together. Some absolute goofballs that have won me over. Roberta has also gotten a new design that I like a lot better than her maid outfit, I'm not sure what those pills she's been taking have done to her but she's really become the bestial "bloodhound". She's probably the craziest character in the whole show. It kind of feels like she's doing her previous arc again, but heading towards a darker ending.

Overall not too interested in Roberta's story, but I'm very invested in Rock's character.
Also no Benny or Dutch :(
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

yakisobapan - Jun 26, 2010

174 by wallus81 »»
Jun 2, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Jun 23, 2011

218 by Tulkas-Astaldo »»
Mar 21, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Banshee-IV - Mar 11, 2011

108 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 24, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Oct 1, 2010

102 by As_Time_Allows »»
Jan 23, 2:15 PM

» Sequel?

Paksh - Nov 5, 2023

15 by TarikKabir »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.