Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 3, 2014 6:19 PM

Aug 2013
Haha, yup, the inspiration from this thread came from another Key anime. (Thanks, Haine15!)
But in Little Busters,

Something similar occurs in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, as the infamous Endless Eight Arc. And of course, I'm missing a ton of other anime in which characters have this type of feeling, so feel free to discuss those other anime, too.

Déjà vu from Wikipedia:
Déjà vu, (/ˌdeɪʒɑː ˈvuː/) from French, literally "already seen", is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an event or experience currently being experienced has been experienced in the past, whether it has actually happened or not.

The psychologist Edward B. Titchener explained déjà vu as caused by a person having a brief glimpse of an object or situation, before the brain has completed "constructing" a full conscious perception of the experience. Such a "partial perception" then results in a false sense of familiarity. Scientific approaches reject the explanation of déjà vu as "precognition" or "prophecy", but rather explain it as an anomaly of memory, which creates a distinct impression that an experience is "being recalled". This explanation is supported by the fact that the sense of "recollection" at the time is strong in most cases, but that the circumstances of the "previous" experience (when, where, and how the earlier experience occurred) are uncertain or believed to be impossible.

Interestingly, Certain drugs increase the chances of déjà vu occurring in the user.

But personally, I think psychic abilities are a much more fun explanation. And who knows, it could be possible! Maybe we're all even living in a closed world that repeats itself, or are remembering past lives. So what do you think déjà vu really is? Science, prophesy, repeating closed worlds, reincarnation, something entirely different?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 5, 2014 5:39 AM

Aug 2013
I think that this feelings comes most of the times from dreams , Possibly you've dreamed it before , We all dream but we can't remember usually what we did/talk/anything in that dream , And sometimes the same acts happened in real life that your Brain can predict what'll happen next since the Situation has passed for it before in the dream , And then that sudden moment when you have pictures comes up like a movie (best feelings lol) .

I'll mention the anime's that had Deja Vu feeling later when I remember .

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Mar 15, 2014 10:03 PM

Dec 2011
Haine15 said:
I think that this feelings comes most of the times from dreams , Possibly you've dreamed it before , We all dream but we can't remember usually what we did/talk/anything in that dream , And sometimes the same acts happened in real life that your Brain can predict what'll happen next since the Situation has passed for it before in the dream , And then that sudden moment when you have pictures comes up like a movie (best feelings lol) .

I'll mention the anime's that had Deja Vu feeling later when I remember .
Actually, I think that "dreams deja vu" have a different name.

I never had Deja Vu, only prophesy. If a war start at 2017 and a nuclear bomb be throw at 2019, I said it right here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» GAME: Ask the person below a riddle ( 1 2 )

einonymous - Jan 22, 2014

81 by dioz »»
Mar 8, 2016 7:53 AM

» New Members' Thread

einonymous - Feb 21, 2014

1 by dioz »»
Oct 15, 2014 6:56 AM

» Perfection-Medaka Box *2/24/14 Featured Discussion*

einonymous - Feb 24, 2014

3 by dioz »»
Oct 15, 2014 6:29 AM

Sticky: » GAME: What's better?

einonymous - May 28, 2014

1 by Valuc2 »»
Sep 21, 2014 9:40 PM

Sticky: » GAME: What's worse?

einonymous - May 28, 2014

3 by einonymous »»
Aug 29, 2014 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.