Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 15, 2009 2:49 PM

Feb 2008
@ mal:
Lulu is too small.. He is almost invisible.. Why that size? Do the normal size.. Like 300x200 or 300x250
Jul 15, 2009 4:27 PM

Mar 2009
too late to do anything about that. I already flattened the layers. Oh well.
Jul 15, 2009 11:25 PM

Jan 2009
Yeh probably 300 x 200 or so would be better, it looks a bit non-card like imo. I rather not flatten images incase of changes like these, if u flattened the text as well thats gonna be hard to change.
Needs more Drill Hair.
Jul 16, 2009 5:12 AM

Jan 2009
I've decided to design the rest of the templates for this club, just out of boredom.

so far ive got:
~Anya
~Kallen
~Shirley

to come are:

Any characters i miss? oh yeh im pretty lazy so they'll all have the same design pattern blah blah blah, dont hate me for it XD.
Needs more Drill Hair.
Jul 16, 2009 5:54 AM

Apr 2009
I'd love to have a ID card but I can't make themXD>.>
Jul 16, 2009 8:18 AM

Jun 2009
Do we need to have that much cards? Very few people are active so I'm not too sure about it...

Anyways, either by tomorrow or on the weekend, i'll try to make some
Jul 16, 2009 1:35 PM

Mar 2009
LaiLidE said:
Yeh probably 300 x 200 or so would be better, it looks a bit non-card like imo. I rather not flatten images incase of changes like these, if u flattened the text as well thats gonna be hard to change.

While it is certainly frustrating to have everybody else criticize my work out of all the other submitted designs.. I went ahead and redid the design with the same concept. Here's the new card:

PS: I flattened the layers originally except for the text layers that you would need to manipulate because it is easier to apply a vector mask to 1 image layer rather than to go through 3-4 different layers and apply the same vector mask for the card shape. I didn't flatten it this time in case anybody else had any feedback.
perspectiveJul 16, 2009 1:48 PM
Jul 16, 2009 2:26 PM

Dec 2008
I like mal_0702's member card ^_^
Jul 16, 2009 2:36 PM

Nov 2008
LaiLidE said:
I've decided to design the rest of the templates for this club, just out of boredom.

so far ive got:
~Anya
~Kallen
~Shirley

to come are:

Any characters i miss? oh yeh im pretty lazy so they'll all have the same design pattern blah blah blah, dont hate me for it XD.

I filled in a couple of names you didn't know.

Oh, and you forgot Orange! :P
Jul 16, 2009 5:29 PM

May 2008
LaiLidE said:

~that white haired girl who lost her memory

You mean Tianzi? I'm not sure if she lost her memories..o__o The only other person with white hair that I know of who probably lost their memories or something was Rai, and he's from Lost Colors.

&I like your designs x3 And mal_0702's design <3

Jul 16, 2009 5:35 PM

Feb 2008
LaiLidE said:
Here i made others, i was lazy so i just used the same pattern:

Theres one problem though, the size of the card might not fit more then 10 characters for member name. I could size it down in an attempt to fit more letters.

Holidays almost over and i have a load of homework to do so these will probably be my last contributions.

Couldn't you add some Shadow effect to the Renders, so it looks more realistic?

@ mal:
Much better! xD
Jul 16, 2009 6:28 PM

Jan 2009
Outer shadow or inner? =]
Needs more Drill Hair.
Jul 16, 2009 6:36 PM

Jun 2009
Okay here's what i came up with... its dimensions are 300 x 200

Jul 16, 2009 6:42 PM

Jan 2009
i_am_otep said:
Do we need to have that much cards? Very few people are active so I'm not too sure about it...

Anyways, either by tomorrow or on the weekend, i'll try to make some

Nah we dont like i said im just bored. Although this club is pretty much inactive. Theres still probably gonna be a large % of people who request cards so yeh.
Needs more Drill Hair.
Jul 17, 2009 3:07 AM

Jan 2009
Umm im kinda bored, since no one has stepped up to handle the distributions, i decided i will. Umm, i guess if Miss_Scarlett or i_am_otep have more templates to add in, i'll wait till they send me it.

I personally like the Nunnally x Lelouch one, tried my best to make it look good, will be taking that for myself =].

DrinkMyCrumbsJul 17, 2009 7:04 AM
Needs more Drill Hair.
Jul 17, 2009 6:56 AM

May 2008
Wow they're totally awesome <3 Great job. *will totally be snagging the Lulu one* ;D

Jul 17, 2009 11:59 AM

Jun 2009
I tried to make another one

Jul 17, 2009 1:21 PM

Feb 2008
@ LaiLidE:
Use this for shadowing..
Go to.. Outer Glow, set color to dark Grey, set the mode to "Darken" and then set the parameters below as you like.. It will make better effect.. :3

Also may I recommend using some other Font color and stroke color, so that Text is visible..
I would use White text, with stroke color matching the Background.. :3
Only when it's yellow, or some light colors, it looks bad.. So then I would use ( if yellow for example ), Yellow text with blue or red stroke.. :3
Jul 17, 2009 2:13 PM

Feb 2008
I made two Member Cards:

Jul 17, 2009 6:59 PM

Jan 2009
Which ones are hard to read, i'll fix up the stroke n text color. Thanks for your help.

I can wait till u make more cards or if u think we have enuf [which i do] i'll start the thread.
Needs more Drill Hair.
Jul 18, 2009 12:19 AM

Mar 2009
Here's my last design:

Jul 18, 2009 12:53 AM

Oct 2008
sure! I'll also try to help ^^

GOODBYE KANXHARU-CHAN

Will be leaving this account and moving to my new account,
_SHINjuku.
Feel free to add my new account, if you want. ^^ See you there~!
Jul 18, 2009 12:53 AM

Oct 2008
sure! I'll also try to help ^^

GOODBYE KANXHARU-CHAN

Will be leaving this account and moving to my new account,
_SHINjuku.
Feel free to add my new account, if you want. ^^ See you there~!
Jul 18, 2009 6:14 AM

Feb 2008
LaiLidE said:
Which ones are hard to read, i'll fix up the stroke n text color. Thanks for your help.

I can wait till u make more cards or if u think we have enuf [which i do] i'll start the thread.

You could fix the color on all except last three and Lelocuh with Nunnally..

mal_0702 said:
Here's my last design:

Maybe adding a border?
Jul 18, 2009 6:45 AM

Jan 2009
i'll add the border for mal_0702, and i'll fix most of the text.
Needs more Drill Hair.
Jul 18, 2009 12:58 PM

Mar 2009
SabakuNoGaara said:
I made two Member Cards:

Your vision must be like the predator. Seems like everything has to be colored accordingly. Pro-tip: Not everything has to have an outer glow. In fact, it makes your renders look cheesy most of the time. You can make your renders a bit more interesting with a drop shadow (even in your case you can just flip the angle so it faces the left side and doesn't run into your border) or you can use a gaussian blur on the background to make the render stand out more. And why is the noise setting cranked up with the outter glow (the name boxes too) in your second design, it looks like he lathered himself up with glue and fell down in a pile of glitter. If you do use the outer glow setting, tone it down. These guys are not releasing shit tons of chakra or reiatsu. The stroke on your font looks to be about as thick as the font itself. Maybe tone it down to like 2px? Hey this critiquing thing is fun!
perspectiveJul 18, 2009 1:08 PM
Jul 18, 2009 1:12 PM

Feb 2008
Hm.. Well, my intention in most of the things I make is that render should fit with the background, not just pop out like it doesn't belong there.. I always try to make it look like it's one big picture, not that I took the background and just threw the render on it..

Also, the noise was my Intention.. It's not because I want to make them transmit chakra or Reiatsu ( I lol'd at this ), it is because I want to break the monotony..

Oh, btw, stroke is 2pix.. xD
Jul 18, 2009 1:17 PM

Mar 2009
SabakuNoGaara said:
Hm.. Well, my intention in most of the things I make is that render should fit with the background, not just pop out like it doesn't belong there. I always try to make it look like it's one big picture, not that I took the background and just threw the render on it..

Are you saying it's abnormal to have a shadow in real life? The idea is that a shadow makes it LOOK like it belongs there and adds a sense of depth.

SabakuNoGaara said:
Also, the noise was my Intention..

Not everybody has good intentions. That's a lesson learned early in life.
Jul 18, 2009 1:23 PM

Feb 2008
I said nothing about shadow.. Ah, to be more precise, I use Outer glow even for shadowing sometimes.. Never mind..

mmal_0702 said:
Seems like everything has to be colored accordingly.

It was more an reply to this part..

mal_0702 said:
Not everybody has good intentions. That's a lesson learned early in life.

It truly is.. But another lesson.. Tastes are different..
Intention can't be judged.. Because something that looks good to me, looks bad for you.. Also, there are things you like, I do not. It's just normal..
Jul 18, 2009 1:29 PM

Mar 2009
SabakuNoGaara said:
It truly is.. But another lesson.. Tastes are different..
Intention can't be judged.. Because something that looks good to me, looks bad for you.. Also, there are things you like, I do not. It's just normal..

Which is exactly the point of why I criticized you in the first place. It doesn't feel good to have your work nitpicked at by other people. I've noticed you've been great at pointing out everybody's flaws in this thread, but you didn't like my negative feedback just now. I wonder why? Anyway, there's a ton of designs I think are shitty or in bad taste, but you know the proper thing to do is keep those things to yourself.
Jul 18, 2009 1:33 PM

Feb 2008
I didn't like your feedback? No, you got totally wrong picture.. You basically asked me: "Why do you always put a outer glow?'', and I replied why..
I didn't say things "SHUT UP", or "FUCK YOU", did I?

And the critics I gave up.. It wasn't about your or any other people's graphic skills.. I just pointed that you should put a border, because with border Picture seems complete..

And that LaiLidE should change the stroke color because text is invisible.. I didn't say that your graphic is bad or anything, and I didn't do the jokes like you did with transmiting chakra..
I just wanted to show you the way to make the graphic more complete and text more readable..
Jul 18, 2009 1:42 PM

Mar 2009
SabakuNoGaara said:
I just wanted to show you the way to make the graphic more complete and text more readable..

The thing is, maybe your intention isn't to bust my balls, but it sounds very patronizing, especially when you post back to back on what others should do. And to be honest, it wasn't the comment you made about my design that irritated me, it's what you said to Lailide. Your designs don't meet the above criteria either in my opinion. Yes, my version of criticism was more direct. That's because I wanted you to grasp the idea that you were stepping over the line with your criticism. Normally, I don't say bad things about other people's designs. I usually keep things to myself.
Jul 18, 2009 1:50 PM

Feb 2008
Hm.. I never had intention to hurt someone's feelings.. And to be honest.. I don't see how I did it..
All I said to LaiLidE was.. 1. To put the shadow on the render, which she did and turned out wonderful..
2. To make different stroke color because it will make text more readable..

I never said her Cards were bad, or that I don't like them, or whatever.. I honestly like them, just pointed the things which would improve the cards..

Positive criticism is normally good for the makers of GFX stuff.. Normally it is..

Also, I don't think keeping things to yourself is good.. It's very sinister and gross, to be honest.. It is better to say "You should put the shadow" then to say "Wow it's great" and laugh behind hers or his back..
Jul 18, 2009 2:21 PM

Mar 2009
SabakuNoGaara said:

SabakuNoGaara said:
It's very sinister and gross, to be honest.. It is better to say "You should put the shadow" then to say "Wow it's great" and laugh behind hers or his back..

Why would I make fun of anybody's design? They put their heart into it, and I can appreciate that even if it's different from what I would do. If I say something to them, they will just assume that I'm being patronizing like I assumed you were being. There's nothing dark or sinister behind keeping things to myself. I just don't always agree with others and some battles are worth arguing and others are not. This one is quickly turning out not to be worth it btw.

SabakuNoGaara said:
Positive criticism is normally good for the makers of GFX stuff.. Normally it is..

Normally yes. I agree with you on this point in principle. It is really hard to read somebody's intentions by text over the internet, but, I think that since you were the only one doing any criticism, it doesn't appear to be an interactive revealing process. It just appears as though one person is looking down on another. Sorry if I misjudged your intentions. But I also think you should be socially conscious about how others may perceive your criticism. If I invite you to discuss my design, then it is acceptable for you to give me your opinions without seeming intrusive. If you offer your criticism, at least soften the blow by saying something like "That's a wonderful design, but I would do ... insead." Also why only criticize two people's work? There were two other artists who submitted their designs, but you didn't feel it necessary to comment. Anyway, I'm done discussing this.
Jul 18, 2009 2:32 PM

Feb 2008
I will not continue this further, just will answer one question..

Maybe I didn't see right, but you and LaiLidE were the only ones using render over background.. And you can't change much when you are just using the picture and text over it..
So, basically yours and Lai's were only ones that could be further made better..
Jul 18, 2009 3:03 PM

Mar 2009
Miss_Scarlett said:
Some more ;]

You must have missed this one. Lets just drop it and no hard feelings. I don't have a bad opinion about you, but just please watch the way you say things.

SabakuNoGaara said:
@ mal:
Much better! xD

(very sarcastic sounding)
this

SabakuNoGaara said:

this

SabakuNoGaara said:
So, basically yours and Lai's were only ones that could be further made better..

and this, makes you seem like a pompous jerk. It implies you could do a better job than us. I'm not some kiddie who just installed photoshop and needs your guidance. I've been working in this application for many years now since I was a teenager like yourself, building website designs and scripting. If you would like me to acknowledge you on equal terms, at least talk to me like an equal; not like some armchair quarterback know it all. I realize after talking with you that you didn't have bad intentions, but you gotta be careful how you will be perceived, otherwise we're liable to take it the wrong way.
perspectiveJul 18, 2009 3:10 PM
Jul 18, 2009 3:27 PM

Feb 2008
Oh, I missed that one up.. @_@

It wasn't sarcasm!.. I am kinda fond of the emoticons and stuff, and I put them almost on the every sentence.. It is bad habit, I know..

Oh my God.. Will you ever be able to take a compliment or criticsm and not think of another person as a jerk?

As I said before, I saw only yours Member Cards were made from render and stuff.. So they could be modified.. I never said that I am better on anything like that.. I just tried to point what you could do better..

I never tried to make myself look or sound as an equal or superior to you.. I don't like that kind of a relationship..
Jul 18, 2009 6:42 PM

Jan 2009
I have to agree with mal_0702, i usually dont get offended easily so i didnt say anything, but at times i did think you were looking down on my work and mal_0702, sure i could've done better but i believe the drop shadow is enough effect to make it look realistic.

And these are just member cards, the quality of the work and who likes what better is down to the people requesting the cards, thats why theres many different people submitting templates of different styles and tastes.

Ive only been at photoshop for a month so i dont expect myself to make anything great. I dont even know how to make a background. All i did was use a pattern with satin, then decorate it with brushes. Thats how i did it for all 13. I just got into using stock images, which is seen in my avatar/sig/profile picture.

Oh yeh im a guy, do i seem like a girl? =P
Needs more Drill Hair.
Jul 18, 2009 7:11 PM

Feb 2008
I am sorry then.. I never meant to look superior to you, or to bash your Designs.. I just wanted to help you make them better.. It seems my approach wasn't good..
Ah, sorry then.. I will try to keep my words for myself from now on..
Jul 19, 2009 7:50 AM

Apr 2009
a membership card would be great...
oh and, for me, i think the "powerful" style would fit it...
hmm.. i'm not really sure, but, hope membership cards will be out soon!
shyLeyJul 19, 2009 7:54 AM
Jul 19, 2009 2:39 PM

Jan 2009
im waiting on miss_scarlett to give me her cards, doesnt look like shes been on for a while.
Needs more Drill Hair.
Jul 19, 2009 11:11 PM

May 2009
Yeah member cards would be great let me see if i can make one.

Jul 20, 2009 2:15 AM

Jan 2009
= if ur gonna make one be quick plz, i mean to start the thread, ive been waiting on only miss_scarlett for the last 3 days, i can wait for ur card as well.

{Thread starting on Wednesday 22nd any objections can be presented on my profile or volunteer to handle distribution yourself}
Needs more Drill Hair.
Jul 20, 2009 1:48 PM

May 2009
Sorry i was late due to storm.

anywayz here it is

Jul 21, 2009 12:32 AM
Feb 2009
thats a nice member card cutelolipop.
please make it fast i cant wait to have one of those cute member cards..
macriz05Jul 21, 2009 12:39 AM
Jul 21, 2009 3:14 AM

Apr 2009
oh, do yew guys know a MAL member named Fabrice? she makes member cards pretty well :) (just stating a fact)
Jul 21, 2009 3:59 AM

Jan 2009
Yes, didnt know it was a she but yeh, famous for her club pages.

Its a HEEEEE, a heeee i tel ya!!. HE made a good hayate no gotoku card but i think he removed his post or sumthing.
DrinkMyCrumbsJul 21, 2009 4:03 AM
Needs more Drill Hair.
Jul 22, 2009 12:21 PM

Mar 2009
I think he actually made the layout for this club. Yeah fabrice is pretty good.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Whos death in Code Geass has been the sadest? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nickyp36 - Aug 26, 2008

292 by DistantMist »»
Oct 14, 2023 2:22 AM

» Which character(s) do you dislike and why (read details)....

jamesh48 - Feb 20, 2014

10 by DreamingGhost »»
May 30, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Favourite character?

Gurenn - Sep 7, 2011

11 by DreamingGhost »»
May 30, 2023 9:24 AM

» Favorite OST(s)?

Katsuki_Shizenno - Aug 31, 2013

14 by DreamingGhost »»
May 30, 2023 9:22 AM

Poll: » What is your favorite Knightmare?

Zakura - Sep 17, 2008

42 by DreamingGhost »»
May 30, 2023 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.