Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think about 10's on above user list and how much would you rate it?

New
Pages (26) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2014 8:06 PM

Sep 2012
@tsudecimo

Bakemonogatari 8
Naruto: Shippuuden 5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2014 8:13 PM

Apr 2013
So yeah, I don't know about your list.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Apr 18, 2014 8:21 PM

Sep 2012
Chihiro 9
Haibane Renmei 9

both were superb
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2014 8:54 PM

Jan 2013
Mushishi - a masterpiece, great drama, meticulously crafted stories and minimalist soundtrack which complements the atmosphere flawlessly to produce one of the best anime I've seen. 9.5/10

Aria the Origination - one of the most emotional and climatic conclusions to a series you will experience in anime through gaining familiarity of the characters from the previous seasons. Coupled with a noticeable improvement in animation and my favourite soundtrack ever, the series will definitely stick with me forever. 9.5/10

Tatami Galaxy - unique and surreal art style, amazing execution of the groundhog day style and cleverly written script with a quick pace to reduce the repetitive feeling the viewer might experience. Watashi's insights never cease to be entertaining. 8/10

Princess Mononoke - I don't remember much, preachy and shallow characterization but a great soundtrack and a good watch nevertheless. 6/10

Berserk - downhill after Golden Age, Guts and Griffith are still great characters and have a very interesting dynamic between them. Introduction of more fantasy elements are okay, mediocre new characters introduced and it feels like it's violence just feels repetitive and meaningless now. 7/10

Aria (Manga) - what it does better than the anime is its illustration of the city itself due to the gorgeous art. 9.5/10

Lone Wolf and Cub - an epic story of revenge but due to many infodumps, ridiculous length which is a real negative as the episodic stories become forgettable and inconsistent art, it falls a bit short of being a masterpiece like many claim it to be. The level of detail in portraying its society during the Edo period in Japan is amazing and the build up leads to one hell of a legendary ending that almost makes up for its negatives. The two main characters and the antagonist have great characterization too. 8.5/10

You guys can count my 9's as 10's if you want.
Romario3210Apr 18, 2014 9:02 PM
Apr 20, 2014 6:05 PM

Sep 2012
Wouldnt change a thing really, you have fine taste. I'd just change things according to my list: nushishi 10/10, Aria 10/10

also, maybe you shoul check out Princess Mononoke again with different eyes, you might be surprised
Apr 20, 2014 6:19 PM

Dec 2012
The Tatami Galaxy. 9/10
Apr 21, 2014 8:46 AM

Mar 2011
Bakemonogatari - 8/10
Apr 21, 2014 9:14 AM

Sep 2012
Steins;Gate 8/10
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood 9/10
Fate/Zero 2nd Season 9/10
Apr 21, 2014 5:55 PM

Apr 2013
Haven't seen any, but I'll see the Aria series soon.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Apr 21, 2014 5:57 PM

Feb 2013
No 10 in your list I've watched yet.
Apr 21, 2014 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
I am disgusted S: also never seen any
Apr 21, 2014 6:01 PM

Feb 2013
Haven't seen any of your 10 either.
Apr 21, 2014 6:02 PM

Apr 2013
I'll do yours then.

Death Note: Overrated. Only the dad was likable, and to an extent the death gods. But SERIOUSLY. I wanted Light to just die. At least I got what I wanted. There's that, and I couldn't help but feel that if Light was able to be THAT brilliant, how come he couldn't maintain it until the end? Stop half-assing the story, at least make sense! 5/10
Code Geass: First season, 8/10. Second season, 9/10. Pretty well-done, but I can't help but feel like there's something about it that it's missing to get the extra point.
Steins;Gate: I'm not sure what the hype was all about to be honest. Good series, but I just couldn't see what was so important about that second half. 7/10
Mirai Nikki: Enjoyment factor is up on this one. But otherwise, it's not as "noteworthy" as people say it is. 7/10
Another: The scene with the teacher was pretty horrific. ;-; Otherwise they could've wrapped it up better. 7/10
Sword Art Online: I'd give this series a lower score, but let's be honest. I enjoyed this one for some reason, and enjoyed it very much. So I stand by giving it the score I did. 8/10
Shingeki no Kyojin: I have to admit this show was pretty enjoyable in SOME scenarios, but there was way too much build-up, the characters got hypocritical, and the momentum that set the series in motion diminished by the end. It wasn't really that great of a series, and I will pool it in with Death Note as a show that gets way too much credit. 5/10
iSheepApr 21, 2014 6:09 PM
Apr 28, 2014 9:42 PM

Nov 2013
Madoka Magica TV:
I'd give it a 6.5/10
It made me homusexual.
Shaft visuals are amazing.
Honestly it's a low score because it's been such a long time since I watched it and I use to stream then.
Movies in 1080p BDs will probably make up for it.
(looking forward to Rebellion)

Nichijou
7/10 for me, that's just my scale though.
I think it's well deserving of a 10.
Glorious animation and hilarious comedy.
Amazing characters, it's really a full package of fun.
Greatly enjoyed it.
Apr 28, 2014 11:03 PM

Dec 2010
AnimusAndMangos said:
Madoka Magica TV:
I'd give it a 6.5/10
It made me homusexual.
Shaft visuals are amazing.
Honestly it's a low score because it's been such a long time since I watched it and I use to stream then.
Movies in 1080p BDs will probably make up for it.
(looking forward to Rebellion)

Nichijou
7/10 for me, that's just my scale though.
I think it's well deserving of a 10.
Glorious animation and hilarious comedy.
Amazing characters, it's really a full package of fun.
Greatly enjoyed it.
Haven't seen any of your top shows so not gonna rate (next person can skip me) but why is our compatibility extremely high? You basically hate all my favorite shows. Weird system...
Apr 28, 2014 11:07 PM

Apr 2013
Code Geass - I'll just leave it at, the second season easily casts a shadow over the first. But the first was still good. 8/10
Shinsekai yori - Thanks to this, I had high hopes for Nagi no Asukara (one of my favorite shows ever). This is essentially the darker version, but I did expect it to be a little more terrifying. 9/10
Steins;Gate - Maybe I'll get this one if I watch it again. But I'll be honest. I simply didn't see the hype surrounding it. 7/10
Apr 28, 2014 11:11 PM

Jul 2012
Madoka Magica- Loved it, but I feel that the characters could have been better. Other than that, it has gorgeous artwork and animation, good music, a story full of plot twists... 9/10

Gurren Lagann- My favorite anime. Its so empowering and still gets me feeling pumped. 10/10

Nichijou- Never seen it, but I'm aware of it. Don't care for slice of life, but its one of the better ones. 7/10
Apr 28, 2014 11:16 PM

Apr 2013
Bakemonogatari - Lost interest in it halfway through, but it regained it. I think. 7/10
Nekomonogatari - Same idea.
Gurren Lagann - This was actually the first show I've ever seen in my "anime career" (corny as that stupid-ass phrase sounds). I had a chance to relive it, and it doesn't change what I think of it. 10/10
Apr 29, 2014 1:20 AM

Dec 2013
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - 8/10
Nagi no Asukara - not gonna rate it 'cause it's still on my ptw
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 4/10
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari - ~8
Nichijou - looks interesting
Apr 29, 2014 1:23 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Oreimo - One of the most enjoyable series for its genre really, shame the author was forced to make a cop-out ending but not counting that it was a great show.

Fate/Zero - I watched it right after having read the F/SN VN and it just... didn't feel as epic at all. That being said it's still in the same spirit, and the animation was absolutely fantastic so in the end it was still awesome.

Kara no Kyoukai 7 - Really good ending movie to the franchise although I'd personally say the 5th one was better.

FMA:B - I normally don't watch those kind of anime but naturally I had to make an exception for this one. Bit slow start but once it gets going it really gets going. I don't think it peaks the highest but there really isn't much to complain about in FMA:B. Solid throughout.

Steins;Gate - Probably the best anime I've ever seen, subjectively I might still prefer Madoka but this is where it's really at story-wise. The amount of attention to detail the plot has is just on a different level.

Mahouka - Can't judge much from only 4 eps aired yet but I think it has potential... bit uneventful as of yet although people who has read the LN keeps saying it gets better over time so we'll see. Somewhat average as of yet though.

No Game No Life - Okay I gotta be honest, this is probably the best start to an anime I've seen in ages. Seriously I was so hooked on this from the first few minutes of the first episode and it's only gotten better since. Third ep (latest) was 11/10 awesomely hilarious.

Rest haven't seen~
HaXXspettenApr 29, 2014 1:32 AM
Apr 29, 2014 2:54 AM

Dec 2012
Death Note. One of my favorite anime, and might be considered my gateway. It was so thrilling, unique and exciting. The cat and mouse game was a sight to be hold. L being a very likable mysterious character, and light being his contrast. I especially liked Light's character development and his descend into an evil anti villain, and the power corruption theme. This is one of the anime that will be remembered for decades to come. 9/10

Sword Art Online. Contrary to a popular belief around these forums, I didn't think this anime was garbage. I really liked the first half, ever since the romance kicked in. It's the anime that made me like romance, not because it was the best written I have seen, but because a certain feeling of awe, that I can only find in an anime romance. The first half was decent, save for the last battle, and how it went out, which quite honestly didn't really bother me, since I was fully expecting their emotions to override the game or something, from the moment I read the premise. Second half however, was, yeah. 7/10

Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu. One of the most boring films I've ever watched. I basically knew what was it about, and how it will conclude, just from reading the title. It's so predictable. And it featured, the most boring character development I have ever witnessed. So bland and forgettable.. 6/10

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch. One of the most addictive and thrilling things, that I ever watched. It really just blow my mind after a couple of episodes. And it's amazing to think how many things the show has that I originally couldn't stomach (that art, military, mecha, etc) but that didn't bother me in the slightest since I was too busy, enjoying everything. Lelouch was such a charasmactic character and interesting character, and my hate for the faggot Suzaku only helped me root for Lelouch eve more. I decided to re-watch it recently and it's just no as good as my initial watch for obvious reasons. 9/10

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2. I was too addicted to the show up till that point, that I just wanted to know what will happen next. The ride was thrilling. But in retrospective, the sequel was nowhere as good as the first season. Everything is so over the top, plot twists after plot twists, to the point where you can tell when a plot twist gonna happen. And there was too many flashy mecha battles. But the ending is really great and does redeem it, to a great extent. I was depressed for a couple of days, not because of the ending itself, but because I finished the show, and was still too attached to the story. 8/10

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica. The first half was impressively boring. It nearly took me three months just to get to episode 6. No, the twist at episode 3, didn't impress me, nor did I care for it, because I didn't care for the character at all. The biggest problem I have with this anime, was the characters. I dislike all of them except for maybe Homura. Madaoka herself was such an insufferable creature. Everything about her, made me hit my head in the wall. Sayaka, to put it in simple words, is fucking stupid.All in all, I think they are terribly written, Sayaka being decently written. I mean the main character is a mere plot device..I couldn't care for the characters, which in turn made care less about certain events. 7/10

Nagi no Asukara. Just finished it yesterday. Great anime. Really beautiful, visually pleasing with an amazing OST. I don't think I ever disliked a character in the series, which helped greatly in enjoying the anime. The second half was without a doubt, one of the best timeskips I have ever seen. Few problems I had with the anime, was that some episode dragged out. I think 22 episodes, would have fitted more and made the pacing much better. And the drama at times, was too melodramatic, especially Muina's drama. Still founded really enjoyable and the second half was brilliant. 9/10

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!. One of my very early anime. I really enjoyed, thought it was adorable and the comedy was just great. I also very much appericiated the romance. All was good and dandy, till the last final episodes, which were just horrible. They destroyed any character development they build up, and all the themes relating to Rikka's chu2 just for the sake of having a cheesy corny ending. That hug on the roof was better than those two episodes. Still good. 8/10

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I watched really on, even before I watched Naruto. Meh, I don't know, I don't remember much, except for the fact that it didn't impress me all that much, and that Elric was annoying and lame as hell. I've seen much better battle anime since then. 7/10
Apr 29, 2014 3:07 AM

Apr 2014
@tsudecimo

Naruto Shipuden... 8/10 too much filler, Naruto is annoying, akatsuki get killed easily........would have been better without three character........story is awsm side character are enjoyable..........

Bakemonogatari...710 random talking abt interesting stuff..........character are intresting.......

BTw there are no 10 in my list so do my 9
ryuushogiApr 29, 2014 3:16 AM
Life is Fun! Yeah,try chanting that 10,000 times each day!
it will mess with your head,and all your pain will disappear
Apr 29, 2014 3:32 AM

Aug 2013
None of your anime are rated 10.
Apr 29, 2014 4:49 AM

Jun 2013
there is a lot on your lust i havent seen so im just rating the ones i have seen.

one piece - i havent seen too much of it to give a full opioon but i do like it

baccano - watching right now. pretty good

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou- funny and relatable
Apr 29, 2014 4:51 AM

Apr 2013
id rate them all 1
an egomaniac and a fool

Apr 29, 2014 4:57 AM

Apr 2014
Bakemonogatari is the only 10 I can rate there, since I'm currently watching it, I'll give it 8/10 for now, until I finish all of it, I might change my mind.
「 」's signature is literally empty.

Congratulations. If you saw this, then just give me a Visitor Message in my profile that says "Congratulations, I just got an award." then I'll give you the prize.
Apr 29, 2014 2:34 PM

Nov 2013
Closest ones to a 10 are Sakurasou and Hataraku Maou-Sama!

Those are at most a 7 for me.
I loved them both a lot.
(mostly maou-sama)

You haven't really watched much anime.
Lots of 10's.

Am I going to be skipped again? :^(
Apr 29, 2014 2:40 PM

Jul 2013
I scored Aria: The Origination a 7 if I remember correctly.
Apr 29, 2014 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
wth is Kaiba? I've only heard that Kaiba is one of the character of YuGiOh and I never thought that there's an anime named Kaiba :/
*insert philosophical quote here*
Apr 29, 2014 2:48 PM

Jul 2013
Liking the 10/10 for the Disappearance and based anime Durarara. The others I haven't watched but I hear most of them are the crème de la crème of anime.
Apr 29, 2014 2:58 PM

Apr 2013
Only 10 I've seen is Mawaru Penguindrum.

7/10. I really liked the concept and I thought it was a great show all-around, but there were a couple of dull moments that really took away the appeal from the show overall.
Apr 29, 2014 3:02 PM

Nov 2013
madoka magica TV - this anime was so great. the whole magical girl deconstruction idea was really interesting to me, however, I hated sayaka so much i couldn't rate it too high in the end 8/10

Madoka magica movie 3 however, this is definitely a 9/10 for me. It was extremely fascinating

gurren lagann - overrated as hell. it was ok. i lot of stupidity in this 7/10
Apr 29, 2014 3:05 PM

Sep 2011
monster, a masterpiece that could had had a better pacing 10/10

code geass, full of inconsistencies and wasted potential with falty character development that warps depending one what hole the writers wrote themselves into 4/10

ippo, a really fun series with loveable characters and entertaining fights, though ippo was a bit too overpowered and as the series went on i felt less and less like hed ever lose a fight or not resulting in a loss of intensity and suspense 8/10

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 29, 2014 3:07 PM

Jul 2013
Monster - 8
Gintama - 5
Shinsekai Yori - 7
FMA - 6
FMA: Brotherhood - 8
NHK Ni Youkous - 6/10
Apr 29, 2014 3:08 PM

Apr 2013
^^Shinsekai yori - Still not Nagi no Asukara. But I do think that it deserves a higher rating than people have given it. 9/10

^Haven't seen that show. To the user below: if you've seen it, rate that show.
Apr 29, 2014 3:14 PM

Aug 2013
Madoka Magica (TV) & Movie 3 - Both are great, I love them too, 10/10
Gurren Lagann - the first badass anime that made me crying like shit 10/10
Nagi no Asukara - Ive heard that nagiasu is good, but when i watched it, it just filled with crybaby and those "people changes" stuffs, somehow its good tho. Miuna ftw 8/10
Apr 29, 2014 3:16 PM

Nov 2013
madoka magica TV - this anime was so great. the whole magical girl deconstruction idea was really interesting to me, however, I hated sayaka so much i couldn't rate it too high in the end 8/10

Madoka magica movie 3 however, this is definitely a 9/10 for me. It was extremely fascinating

gurren lagann - overrated as hell. it was ok. i lot of stupidity in this 7/10
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=684047&show=240#RZha5CYPraQTLP64.99

SAO - both overrated and underrated (the former by you) 6/10 at best

Durarara - OMGOMGOMOMGOMGOMG SECOND SEASON YESSS 9/10

Attack on titan - needs second season 9/10
Apr 29, 2014 3:25 PM

Aug 2013
Baccano! - not so great, Miria and Isaac just ruled the show and make it 9/10
Apr 29, 2014 4:51 PM

Apr 2013
Sword Art Online - I like that you're not afraid to admit to this. However, while I liked it, I felt like the story was a bit weak. 6/10
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Now this was a good show. Really funny and emotional at the right times. 8/10
Noragami - I felt like I was watching a version of Bakemonogatari with more action. That was it. 7/10
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Totally agree. 10/10
Clannad - Not quite as good as the second season. That's all I can say. 8/10
Steins;Gate - I never understood the hype backing this show. I've said it before, and I will say it again. 7/10
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - My all-time favorite anime show. 10/10
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari - The movie sequel to my all-time favorite show. 10/10
K-On!! - Just another one of those moe shows. But this was pretty good. It seems KyoAni is only really good at making "cute" shows. 7/10
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. - What you said about Nagi no Asukara, I actually think applies here a little more. I was following this show the whole time, but once again, can't find it in me to understand the hype. 6/10
Clannad: After Story - Another one of those tear-jerking anime shows. Though, it wasn't as emotional as I wanted it to be. Doesn't change the fact that it did exceed my expectations. 8/10
D-Frag! - This show is really, REALLY funny! But not quite as funny as a show like Nichijou. 7/10
Toradora! - The benchmark rom-com. I could debate with myself on how I gave this show too low of a score, so I gave up and just left the score as it is. 9/10
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen - One of the best harems out there. 8/10
Shingeki no Kyojin - I have to disagree. Up until episode 9, everything was working in SnK's favor, but the last 16 episodes (and that's a HUGE chunk of the anime) demonstrated a show's ability to succumb to buildup and lost potential. Congrats for ruining something that could've actually been good. Good fight scenes though. 5/10.
Kill la Kill - I NEED to rewatch this one. The ending really picked it up, but I don't want to rewatch it because I particularly liked it. I need to rewatch it because I feel like I gave it an unfair score, especially considering how good the ending was.
Durarara!! - I don't consider giving a show a 9 unless it can beat this show. 8/10
Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu - Okay, so it's widely established as a cult classic. But I can't really find out why.
Apr 30, 2014 10:54 AM
Mar 2011
editing
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 30, 2014 11:02 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm, I think I saw your list and couldn't find any shows I saw, but this time I found two.

Moyashimon - It's as how about sake! It was a pretty interesting show. 6/10
Neon Genesis Evangelion - One of my favorite anime shows of the '90s. Then again, it's probably the only show from the '90s I've ever seen. 8/10
Apr 30, 2014 11:20 AM

Jan 2012
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann : 7.5 for now
Maybe i took this anime too seriously, i don't know.
However it's very difficult to forget some epic scenes so maybe one day i will increase the score. :>

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari : 9
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica : 9

I really liked the series.
I find the point of view of the movie interesting. It kept me thinking more about the world of the anime.

Nichijou : 10
A concentrate of funny epic scenes. If i lower the score one day it will be only because of Hakase. (sometimes she is annoying)

Nagi no Asukara : I have only seen two episodes, i hope i will like it a lot like you.
Apr 30, 2014 11:28 AM

Apr 2013
Nichijou - BROTHER! 10/10
Code Geass R2 - Great show. That's all I could say. 9/10
Death Note - I really just wanted Light to die. But the way they killed him was really half-assed. I also didn't understand, if they could be trading mental blows and land them all the time, how come they were inconsistent about it through their demise? 5/10
Steins;Gate - I see 10's for this far too often. I'll need to rewatch this. 7/10

We have high compatibility. I'm willing to bet my chances that you will enjoy it.
Apr 30, 2014 11:43 AM
Pokémon Master

Apr 2014
Well the person before me and I only have two in common that he gave a 10 to. Nagi no Asukara and Gurren Lagann.

However, I gave them both 9s.
Apr 30, 2014 11:48 AM

Apr 2014
Didn't get to Mirai Nikki yet, but what made it give you a ten?
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Apr 30, 2014 12:40 PM

Nov 2013
your only on ep 2 and gave it a 10 O.o
well I really need to watch it now

also howls moving castle <3
Apr 30, 2014 1:50 PM

Apr 2013
Baccano! - I'll be honest. I liked Durarara!! a lot more. But this was still good. 7/10
Code Geass R2 - Better than the first season. 9/10
Code Geass R1 - It was a really captivating show. I know that I ended up pulling an all-nighter just to finish this off. 8/10
May 4, 2014 7:54 AM

Sep 2011
madoka, i liked it but i think it really killed itself by its episode count and it felt like it was rushing too much into too little making it super hard to get attached to anyone 7/10

gurren i freaking love this series, one of the best examples of crazy fun mixed with legitimately great storytelling 9/10

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 4, 2014 8:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Just from the ones I've seen then;

Gintama - Haven't seen all of it but it's great in the way that it manages to constantly entertain without having to be all fancy and shit. Gets a bit repetitive after a while though. 9/10

FMA:B - I don't think it necessarily peaks the highest but there is essentially nothing that is really bad about it. I normally don't watch these kind of shows but I'd lie if I said this didn't get captivating as hell past a certain point. 10/10 (should mb give it 9.5 now that I think about it but whatever)

NHK - I'm really glad this show exists because of the message it gives. That being said it got a bit boring at times due to the slow pacing but it was always interesting and, sadly, somewhat relatable. 8/10

SSY - Okay I gotta be honest, this show is really hard to rate. Objectively, the story and world of SSY is unlike any other and deserves a ton of praise for its scope and creativity. That being said it's just not... entertaining. At all. Like it felt more like some sort of experimental documentary rather than a show meant to be enjoyable. Not that that makes the show any worse in any way technically, but I can't help but feel that it *could* have been an absolute masterpiece had they just done some things slightly differently. 8.5/10
May 4, 2014 8:35 AM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:
Death Note. One of my favorite anime, and might be considered my gateway. It was so thrilling, unique and exciting. The cat and mouse game was a sight to be hold. L being a very likable mysterious character, and light being his contrast. I especially liked Light's character development and his descend into an evil anti villain, and the power corruption theme. This is one of the anime that will be remembered for decades to come. 9/10

Sword Art Online. Contrary to a popular belief around these forums, I didn't think this anime was garbage. I really liked the first half, ever since the romance kicked in. It's the anime that made me like romance, not because it was the best written I have seen, but because a certain feeling of awe, that I can only find in an anime romance. The first half was decent, save for the last battle, and how it went out, which quite honestly didn't really bother me, since I was fully expecting their emotions to override the game or something, from the moment I read the premise. Second half however, was, yeah. 7/10

Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu. One of the most boring films I've ever watched. I basically knew what was it about, and how it will conclude, just from reading the title. It's so predictable. And it featured, the most boring character development I have ever witnessed. So bland and forgettable.. 6/10

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch. One of the most addictive and thrilling things, that I ever watched. It really just blow my mind after a couple of episodes. And it's amazing to think how many things the show has that I originally couldn't stomach (that art, military, mecha, etc) but that didn't bother me in the slightest since I was too busy, enjoying everything. Lelouch was such a charasmactic character and interesting character, and my hate for the faggot Suzaku only helped me root for Lelouch eve more. I decided to re-watch it recently and it's just no as good as my initial watch for obvious reasons. 9/10

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2. I was too addicted to the show up till that point, that I just wanted to know what will happen next. The ride was thrilling. But in retrospective, the sequel was nowhere as good as the first season. Everything is so over the top, plot twists after plot twists, to the point where you can tell when a plot twist gonna happen. And there was too many flashy mecha battles. But the ending is really great and does redeem it, to a great extent. I was depressed for a couple of days, not because of the ending itself, but because I finished the show, and was still too attached to the story. 8/10

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica. The first half was impressively boring. It nearly took me three months just to get to episode 6. No, the twist at episode 3, didn't impress me, nor did I care for it, because I didn't care for the character at all. The biggest problem I have with this anime, was the characters. I dislike all of them except for maybe Homura. Madaoka herself was such an insufferable creature. Everything about her, made me hit my head in the wall. Sayaka, to put it in simple words, is fucking stupid.All in all, I think they are terribly written, Sayaka being decently written. I mean the main character is a mere plot device..I couldn't care for the characters, which in turn made care less about certain events. 7/10

Nagi no Asukara. Just finished it yesterday. Great anime. Really beautiful, visually pleasing with an amazing OST. I don't think I ever disliked a character in the series, which helped greatly in enjoying the anime. The second half was without a doubt, one of the best timeskips I have ever seen. Few problems I had with the anime, was that some episode dragged out. I think 22 episodes, would have fitted more and made the pacing much better. And the drama at times, was too melodramatic, especially Muina's drama. Still founded really enjoyable and the second half was brilliant. 9/10

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!. One of my very early anime. I really enjoyed, thought it was adorable and the comedy was just great. I also very much appericiated the romance. All was good and dandy, till the last final episodes, which were just horrible. They destroyed any character development they build up, and all the themes relating to Rikka's chu2 just for the sake of having a cheesy corny ending. That hug on the roof was better than those two episodes. Still good. 8/10

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I watched really on, even before I watched Naruto. Meh, I don't know, I don't remember much, except for the fact that it didn't impress me all that much, and that Elric was annoying and lame as hell. I've seen much better battle anime since then. 7/10
Pages (26) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» lowercase chat thread v.21 ghouls and goblins edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Oct 13, 2023

6518 by anime »»
12 minutes ago

» Describe the user above you in one word v.9 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tensho - Feb 10, 2021

4586 by viraat_pirate »»
16 minutes ago

» Say Something You Have In Common With The Person Above v5 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Jun 25, 2021

7085 by MUFFlN »»
16 minutes ago

» Most attractive character from the above favourites ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Moe_Blob - Sep 5, 2018

7693 by Fischer77 »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you like the person above you? v6 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Sep 7, 2023

1518 by viraat_pirate »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.