Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 13, 2013 5:23 AM
Apr 2012
There's no point doing a filler arc unless enough manga(at least another arc) is written which by current H X H progress means years. At the end of the Chairman arc they'll probs conclude and hopefully comeback with a second season in a few years or start up again with Hunter X Hunter(2023)
Nov 13, 2013 2:40 PM
Nov 2013
one_eyed_dragon said:

And seeing as they adapted even the most badly drawn scene into something

It's all redrawn for the tankobon. What actually makes mangakas money. So not.

fearthebeard85 said:
To the two posts above:

It's not that he never gave a fuck about the fans. Dude has been a mangaka for well over 20 years now. So to take into consideration that he started this series back in 1998, it isn't exactly unfathomable to think that he lost interest or at the least doesn't have the initiative to draw that he used to. Between him and his wife, they created two of the most successful manga of all time in Yu Yu Hakusho and Sailor Moon and not to mention the amount of money already made from Hunter x Hunter, so you know he doesn't exactly need the money from continuing Hunter x Hunter. Not to mention he has a family now so it's not hard to believe that he'd much prefer to use his time spending it with his family as opposed to dedicating himself to work. He's never really handled the stress well from being a mangaka either. So I'm not making excuses for him because at this point, I think he's just abusing the fact that he is so well respected and can work whenever he feels like it, but I'm just saying it's more of he isn't committed to the job like he was when he was young as opposed to him just blatantly not caring about the fans.

Well, he certainly shouldn't need more money. The Togashi - Takeuchi couple should be worth at least a few hundred millions in USD. They are wealthy enough, alright.
Nov 23, 2013 11:33 PM

Jun 2011
fearthebeard85 said:
To the two posts above:

It's not that he never gave a fuck about the fans. Dude has been a mangaka for well over 20 years now. So to take into consideration that he started this series back in 1998, it isn't exactly unfathomable to think that he lost interest or at the least doesn't have the initiative to draw that he used to. Between him and his wife, they created two of the most successful manga of all time in Yu Yu Hakusho and Sailor Moon and not to mention the amount of money already made from Hunter x Hunter, so you know he doesn't exactly need the money from continuing Hunter x Hunter. Not to mention he has a family now so it's not hard to believe that he'd much prefer to use his time spending it with his family as opposed to dedicating himself to work. He's never really handled the stress well from being a mangaka either. So I'm not making excuses for him because at this point, I think he's just abusing the fact that he is so well respected and can work whenever he feels like it, but I'm just saying it's more of he isn't committed to the job like he was when he was young as opposed to him just blatantly not caring about the fans.

Togashi makes me pity Oda Eichirou even more, that Man sleeps for only 4 hours a day, when he is probably much richer than Togashi.

On topic, I hope Togashi decides to write the script for HxH anime, instead of continuing the manga, but it probably won't happen, I am not even sure if HxH will ever be completed at this rate.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 24, 2013 6:02 PM

Oct 2008
ToG25thBaam said:
fearthebeard85 said:
To the two posts above:

Togashi makes me pity Oda Eichirou even more, that Man sleeps for only 4 hours a day, when he is probably much richer than Togashi.

On topic, I hope Togashi decides to write the script for HxH anime, instead of continuing the manga, but it probably won't happen, I am not even sure if HxH will ever be completed at this rate.

I'm pretty sure at this point that Togashi only writes HxH when he feels he has a creative spark; better to write nothing than derivative dreck. Still, this last wait has been long as hell. He's either stumbled upon a major writing-block, or is so absorbed into writing the next arc without a hiccup, that he's spending extra time to keep the next run longer than his usual ones. That would make sense, given that this is the first completely new arc since the beginning of the Chimera Ants; many of the major running plot points in this series has been resolved, and we're starting this one with a cleaner slate than probably any of the others.

Or he's sick. Or lazy.

Or all of the above.
Nov 24, 2013 6:43 PM

Jun 2011
Dangerr said:
ToG25thBaam said:
fearthebeard85 said:
To the two posts above:

I'm pretty sure at this point that Togashi only writes HxH when he feels he has a creative spark; better to write nothing than derivative dreck. Still, this last wait has been long as hell. He's either stumbled upon a major writing-block, or is so absorbed into writing the next arc without a hiccup, that he's spending extra time to keep the next run longer than his usual ones. That would make sense, given that this is the first completely new arc since the beginning of the Chimera Ants; many of the major running plot points in this series has been resolved, and we're starting this one with a cleaner slate than probably any of the others.

Or he's sick. Or lazy.

Or all of the above.

Lol are you perhaps someone who really hates One Piece? >.>

Better than some story that we don't even know when it will end. Not to mean bad but it's not like everyone can live on forever, at least Oda had his ending script written already, as for Togashi, we may never know. If Togashi writes on weekly basis (rarely any breaks) just like Oda did, lul I am pretty sure that HxH won't be as interesting as it is now, and if every other authors try to mimic Togashi and write only when something inspire them to, then we won't have a scheduled releases for any manga, which would sucked. Why do we have a schedule releases for manga? Because manga serves as a stress reliever for the readers. Can I read HxH next month? -scratch head- I DON'T FREAKING KNOW!
ToG25thBaamNov 24, 2013 6:49 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 24, 2013 7:31 PM
May 2013
Actually, I think Chapter 339 is a perfectly fine and neat ending to the animated series. A lot of things came full circle in a satisfying way imho.
Even though some plot threads for some of the characters aren't closed up yet, and especially the parts leading up to the new arc, they could simplysay in the end "the world is full of mysteries, ███████ still hasn't/haven't fullfilled his/her/its/their true goal but that's another tale. THE END"
Then after some years they release: HxH OVA Gaiden: the Mysterious Place Arc

Don't see why anyone want filler, when there are already those movies, the second has a mix of Pariston, Dark!Kurapika, Leorio, Senritsu/Melody, Wing, Biscuit, Netero, injuried Zushi, a clan of filler evil Hunters. Fillers like that work so much better in movies rather than disrupting the anime's canon.

... I would have preferred if they adapted Kurapika's arc as a proper anime episode instead of how they wasted it as a partial flashback.
Come to think of it, is Togashi considering that spin-off a "run", then just reset the hiatus counter?
Nov 25, 2013 4:55 AM

Oct 2008
ToG25thBaam said:

Lol are you perhaps someone who really hates One Piece? >.>

Actually, I kind of just went off on a tangent, and had forgotten you were referring to Oda in your post; I didn't mean to make a comparison there. Oda's definitely a hard worker, and has a plan for where he wants to take it. Togashi's definitely more erratic and leisurely with his time. One Piece is good, but I still like HxH more (A good deal more, to be honest).
Nov 25, 2013 9:39 PM

Sep 2011
Kyzen said:

Nov 27, 2013 9:12 AM

Jan 2013
I don't think they will let such a great anim- , masterpiece to end
The idea is pretty unique , it's on a whole different level compared with any shounen out here.

Also it wasn't announced oficialy that they would let it end after Chimera Arc.
Nov 27, 2013 9:15 AM
Jul 2013
The_Mad_Wizard said:
Kyzen said:

Yeesss!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

fishergirl16 - Oct 15, 2011

214 by Nerdason »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

136 by Nerdason »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeGundam - Oct 1, 2011

401 by Nerdason »»
6 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

66 by kemboza »»
Yesterday, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Oct 13, 2012

272 by KANSIKOL »»
Yesterday, 12:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.