Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Emi or Chi-chan?
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »
Jul 8, 2015 5:10 PM
May 2015
64SuperNintendo said:
Crescentgenisi said:
Emi

Why?

I don't care about shipping, but I have to ask: what does Emi having boobs have to do with pairing her with Maou?

Because the bigger the boobs, the more likely the girl will get a main character.... in general for most anime/manga... so right now chi is winning in this area
Jul 21, 2015 11:52 AM

Nov 2009
usually, i went by the biggest boobs... but this time I goes with Emi, she has better chemistry with MC :)
If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)
Jul 27, 2015 12:08 PM
Jul 2015
Emilia of course. Chiho is okay, but she strikes me as a naive girl most of the times. Currently reading the LN, Emi and Maou are starting to get closer. Besides, i often have a soft spot for tsunderes.
Jul 28, 2015 4:39 PM
Jul 2015
Everyone is saying Emi, but, for some reason, I vote Chi-chan. Emi is just too obvious for me. That love-hate concept is also very overused in the fantasy genre. I usually hate characters like Chi-chan, but I just see a lot more character and potential with her and Maou's relationship than I do with Emi and Maou. I know who's going to be chosen to be his partner or whatever, but I will always like Chi-chan more.
Jul 29, 2015 12:18 AM
Jul 2015
Is it confirmed that there would be season 2? I checked wikipedia, but there is no such thing.
Natsu-chan_204 said:
Everyone is saying Emi, but, for some reason, I vote Chi-chan. Emi is just too obvious for me. That love-hate concept is also very overused in the fantasy genre. I usually hate characters like Chi-chan, but I just see a lot more character and potential with her and Maou's relationship than I do with Emi and Maou. I know who's going to be chosen to be his partner or whatever, but I will always like Chi-chan more.

Just to clarify, anything is overused in anime, and just because something is overused doesn't mean it's bad, since practically most of the famous shounens (Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, HxH) has some kind of story element that has been used before. If Emi has a love-hate relationship, then Chiho has a deredere attitude commonly found in many animes (especially harems). On the obvious part, i think Chiho is actually the more obvious one (if you only watch the anime without reading the LNs), she got a lot of screen time in it. In fact, i don't even know if Maou likes her because she helps him a lot, due to mutual feelings or simply since she is his subordinate.

The only problem i have with Chiho is how she acts so naive despite her little understanding, in volume 6 she literally said that she wanted Maou/Emi to forget about Ente Isla and move on with their current life, knowing that a war was starting in their countries. On top of that, she is afraid of change, everytime she spoke, all she ever talked about was how she didn't want the others to go away, and it makes me feel like she is a child waiting to be taken care of. She loves Maou, but she is so selfish, only thinking from her point of view. Not to mention, even though she said she would wait for Maou's answer, anytime another girl go near him, she would get jealous and throw a fit if Alsiel/Lucifer wasn't there. The easiest to see was on Emi/Maou's "date" in volume 3, she decided to follow them along with Ashiya/Rika. Granted, Emi did follow Maou/Chiho's "date", but it wasn't because she was jealous, but because she was worried that he would do something inappropriate. The final nail in the coffin was when Maou said something that sounded like a proposal to Emi (at the end of volume 6), causing her to blush and run away calling him a "dense person", Chiho got angry and grabbed him by the collar and dragged him along to a cake shop, forcing him to buy her a cake despite previously saying that she didn't need any present. I don't know much about volume 7 and beyond, since i haven't read them yet, but i'm certain that there would be many occasions like this. Don't get me wrong, Chiho is cute (she has the oppai and all), but she is too much of a child and too naive to stand beside Maou. Compared to Emi, who is both matured in mind and body, she is too dim of a light to win over him. And before anyone says Emi is a bitch, she has a valid reason to hate him (he was supposedly the one who killed her father and destroyed her hometown), and after she found out that he was innocent, she acted a lot less violent and only got into an argument once in a while (up to volume 6). And if the spoilers are true, then Chiho has lost even more of an advantage, Emi had admitted that she loved Maou, on top of having a bigger chest and is currently working at MgRonald on the same shift as Maou (image: http://i61.tinypic.com/2us7kgp.jpg, not sure if this is real but it looks real enough for a light novel pic).

All in all, while i do not hate Chiho, not by a long shot, but her naivety combined with the fact that she often becomes the target of the enemy in order to threaten others makes me unable to root for her. Imo, the only one to stand by Maou's side should be the one who has enough power to rival and protect him, and also someone who manages to understand him. Emi fits both of this category perfectly. And if the author somehow makes Chiho into some kind of "chosen one", i will really get annoyed. Not only is that "cliche" like many said before, but to bestow power upon a child like her would be the last thing someone could do.
IdealsNRealityJul 29, 2015 12:37 AM
Jul 29, 2015 3:57 PM
Jul 2015
I can honestly understand your argument, truly, I can. In every anime there is always that one girl who is head over heels for the main character, in which she becomes very annoying. However, for some very odd reason, instead of disliking Chiho, I enjoy her scenes more so than I do with Emi. Your argument was a very valid one, though I dislike all the anime you listed as having overused subjects. I don't quite understand myself, but I like Chiho a lot more than Emi. As for it being more obvious, Emi's type of character always ends up with the main character. Disagree all you want, no one can deny the fact that between a character that already knows her feelings for the guy and a character who claims she hates him and doesn't like him, the latter usually gets with the guy 90% of the time. Everyone likes a good chase and I believe that is why everyone roots for Emi more so than Chiho. Other than the fact that Chiho is a bit naive and selfish, there isn't really a good reason to not root for her. She loves Maou and I think the fact that she realized that made everyone bored of her. I know that's usually the case for me. All in all, I just believe that it would be a different set of pace if Maou got with Chiho. Usually, the guy gets with his "enemy" or "rival", so I think the main reason I like Chiho is that she would make the anime differ from every other fantasy/romance anime out there.
Jul 29, 2015 10:55 PM
Jul 2015
NeedHelp56: Do you know of any source where i can read the LNs in English (except for mittens's). Not trying to complain, but i want to know more about what happens in volume 7. And the fact that many people already knows up to volume 11 or so makes me wonder where they read them.
Jul 29, 2015 11:09 PM

Dec 2013
IdealsNReality said:
NeedHelp56: Do you know of any source where i can read the LNs in English (except for mittens's). Not trying to complain, but i want to know more about what happens in volume 7. And the fact that many people already knows up to volume 11 or so makes me wonder where they read them.

Pm'd some stuff to you. I hope it answers some of your questions or concerns
Jul 29, 2015 11:18 PM
Jul 2015
NeedHelp56 said:
IdealsNReality said:

Pm'd some stuff to you. I hope it answers some of your questions or concerns

Thanks a lot, i think i will check out a brief of volume 8, since 7 is mostly short stories.
Aug 14, 2015 6:06 AM
Jul 2015
I choose Emi for some reasons. Chi-chan is really annoying, and she wants Maou to stay in Japan just for her. I mean does she realize than he is the demon lord? This ship will not work between a normal human and the demon lord. Plus Emi is the hero and both her and Maou are teamed up against dangers. Hero and devil makes a nice ship, unlike chi-chan that does nothing but only crying for Maou o stay in Japan
Aug 15, 2015 2:07 AM
Jul 2015
Reading volume 7 chapter 4 made me realize something. It's that Chiho started to love Maou only 2 weeks after seeing him for the first time, and all she ever knew up to that point was that Maou was a model employee that others respected, nothing more. Heck, she didn't even know anything about Maou's situation, finances or personal life, and was fascinated by the concept of a perfect senpai who she relies on to get familiar with her job. Before, i considered her love to be pure and gentle, but now i see it as just another childish crush on someone. They literally had no moments together, only a normal senpai guiding his kouhai through her work, yet Chiho started to love him before their hands even touched. It really makes me wonder if Chi-chan truly likes him or just the image that Maou emits (a perfect employee who never fails to meet expectations, or in other words, an ideal type of man).
Aug 15, 2015 10:27 AM

Dec 2013
IdealsNReality said:
Reading volume 7 chapter 4 made me realize something. It's that Chiho started to love Maou only 2 weeks after seeing him for the first time, and all she ever knew up to that point was that Maou was a model employee that others respected, nothing more. Heck, she didn't even know anything about Maou's situation, finances or personal life, and was fascinated by the concept of a perfect senpai who she relies on to get familiar with her job. Before, i considered her love to be pure and gentle, but now i see it as just another childish crush on someone. They literally had no moments together, only a normal senpai guiding his kouhai through her work, yet Chiho started to love him before their hands even touched. It really makes me wonder if Chi-chan truly likes him or just the image that Maou emits (a perfect employee who never fails to meet expectations, or in other words, an ideal type of man).

Nice. I read this from the LN too yesterday, although this should be considered spoilers. Anyhow, I think that her crush when it started out was childish, as she liked him because she was a "model employee and perfect senpai". However, I don't see it that way now.

She took the time to know all those things you mentioned, like his real situation, finances and personal life, and she accepted them for what they are. She could have backed away, but she took his "imperfections" head on and she doesn't regret it. Chiho has seen Maou in his daily life, which is actually frugal, beat down, and definitely not the perfect life that she thought he lived. Sure, the beginning of all this was from a childish crush, but she knows more about Maou than what most people know, as Maou doesn't seem to be so open to everyone.
Aug 15, 2015 3:58 PM
Jul 2015
NeedHelp56 said:
IdealsNReality said:

Nice. I read this from the LN too yesterday, although this should be considered spoilers. Anyhow, I think that her crush when it started out was childish, as she liked him because she was a "model employee and perfect senpai". However, I don't see it that way now.

She took the time to know all those things you mentioned, like his real situation, finances and personal life, and she accepted them for what they are. She could have backed away, but she took his "imperfections" head on and she doesn't regret it. Chiho has seen Maou in his daily life, which is actually frugal, beat down, and definitely not the perfect life that she thought he lived. Sure, the beginning of all this was from a childish crush, but she knows more about Maou than what most people know, as Maou doesn't seem to be so open to everyone.

I will accept that Chiho's current "love" is different (better) from the beginning, but i won't say that her "love" is good enough just yet. Like in volume 4 where she declared that she wanted to stand by Maou and compete with Emi, her current standing is still somewhat middling and hesitant. Chiho always try to solve things in a "damage-control" way, minimizing the risks that she might have to face. The obvious example is how she wants Maou and her friends to forever stay in Japan and always be with her. By forcing the choice onto Maou/Emi, she doesn't have to give up anything to achieve what she wants. Normally, a human like Chiho will have to decide whether to part with Maou/Emi or leave Japan behind and go with them, but in this case, she is making others go through those choices instead of her. Now i won't say that her "love" is fake, wrong or anything alike, but Chiho can certainly try to prove herself better than now. Despite her wishes in volume 4 and her declarations in volume 6, she hasn't done much to further her love. She said that she would accept any hardships that may come, but Chiho hasn't faced any dangerous situations yet, and the ones where she was remotely in danger, she required others's power to stay strong (Laila's magic and/or Maou/Emi's aid). She said that she would try her best to get Maou, but instead of directly appealing to him (going on dates, creating moments, inviting him over, etc), she still does what she usually did (bringing him snacks and all). She considered Emi her rival, but instead of directly declaring it, she only beat around the bush until it was too late. All of these for one simple reason, she is afraid, that she might lose something if Chiho were to do it. If you truly love someone, then go out there and act like you mean it, without worrying about needless things. If Chiho truly loves Maou, then she should choose between him or her family, not make him choose between her and his entire race. If you truly cherish the friends you have now, try to minimize the burden you place on their shoulders. Since the beginning, Chiho has been the weakest link between the protagonists that others often take advantage of, and now that she has dived too deep, she forced others to protect her. All in all, while Chiho's love has certainly improved compared to the beginning, but it is still nowhere near good enough to be worthy of Maou, she needs more time and confidence (which are quickly running out) in order to prove herself.

Note: By dangerous situations i mean times when your life is constantly put in harm's way, like being hunted down by a group of people alone, for example. Even in the fight against Lucifer, Chiho was only considered a bait that the enemy had no interest in, and in the time with Sariel, Emi and her Holy Sword is the main target, Sariel himself had no intention of killing Chiho.
So in short, her life has never been (or at least rarely been) in danger.
IdealsNRealityAug 15, 2015 4:10 PM
Aug 15, 2015 9:16 PM

Dec 2013
IdealsNReality said:

I will accept that Chiho's current "love" is different (better) from the beginning, but i won't say that her "love" is good enough just yet. Like in volume 4 where she declared that she wanted to stand by Maou and compete with Emi, her current standing is still somewhat middling and hesitant. Chiho always try to solve things in a "damage-control" way, minimizing the risks that she might have to face. The obvious example is how she wants Maou and her friends to forever stay in Japan and always be with her. By forcing the choice onto Maou/Emi, she doesn't have to give up anything to achieve what she wants. Normally, a human like Chiho will have to decide whether to part with Maou/Emi or leave Japan behind and go with them, but in this case, she is making others go through those choices instead of her. Now i won't say that her "love" is fake, wrong or anything alike, but Chiho can certainly try to prove herself better than now. Despite her wishes in volume 4 and her declarations in volume 6, she hasn't done much to further her love. She said that she would accept any hardships that may come, but Chiho hasn't faced any dangerous situations yet, and the ones where she was remotely in danger, she required others's power to stay strong (Laila's magic and/or Maou/Emi's aid). She said that she would try her best to get Maou, but instead of directly appealing to him (going on dates, creating moments, inviting him over, etc), she still does what she usually did (bringing him snacks and all). She considered Emi her rival, but instead of directly declaring it, she only beat around the bush until it was too late. All of these for one simple reason, she is afraid, that she might lose something if Chiho were to do it. If you truly love someone, then go out there and act like you mean it, without worrying about needless things. If Chiho truly loves Maou, then she should choose between him or her family, not make him choose between her and his entire race. If you truly cherish the friends you have now, try to minimize the burden you place on their shoulders. Since the beginning, Chiho has been the weakest link between the protagonists that others often take advantage of, and now that she has dived too deep, she forced others to protect her. All in all, while Chiho's love has certainly improved compared to the beginning, but it is still nowhere near good enough to be worthy of Maou, she needs more time and confidence (which are quickly running out) in order to prove herself.

Note: By dangerous situations i mean times when your life is constantly put in harm's way, like being hunted down by a group of people alone, for example. Even in the fight against Lucifer, Chiho was only considered a bait that the enemy had no interest in, and in the time with Sariel, Emi and her Holy Sword is the main target, Sariel himself had no intention of killing Chiho.
So in short, her life has never been (or at least rarely been) in danger.

Yeah, I definitely agree with the points you made, such as Chiho not really doing much to further her love with Maou, but I attribute this a lot to the author's writing. The author doesn't seem to be pointing towards Chiho's way since her confession, and it's becoming more apparent with Emi getting the spotlight. Chiho's definitely not there yet, but there's a strong feeling throughout the reading that she's more of a good friend to all of them rather a love interest to Maou. This is how I'm perceiving things right now, and I'm definitely not saying that Chiho should be over Emi. It is however much better than before as we saw from their interactions, but yeah, she does have selfish reasons for trying to keep Maou and Emi on Earth, although part of it is not only for Maou, but just for their mutual friendship that she doesn't want to lose.

My hypothesis why Chiho is a bit selfish about Maou and Emi staying on Earth is that if the two left, she would lose her "goal" that she set at the end of Volume 7

I imagine it would be hard to lose the goal you worked towards, but I'm getting off topic. In short, Chiho still needs a lot of work ahead of her if she wants to be with Maou. For now it's Emi all the way, with a hint of bias xD
Aug 16, 2015 12:08 AM
Jul 2015
NeedHelp56 said:
My hypothesis why Chiho is a bit selfish about Maou and Emi staying on Earth is that if the two left, she would lose her "goal" that she set at the end of Volume 7

I imagine it would be hard to lose the goal you worked towards, but I'm getting off topic. In short, Chiho still needs a lot of work ahead of her if she wants to be with Maou. For now it's Emi all the way, with a hint of bias xD

This would be true for Maou, but i can't see it applying to Emi's case. Chiho considers her both as a friend and a rival, so she should have the least concern if Emi left. I mean, it's not like the Hero is the only friend she's got. As shown in the anime, Chiho does have friends at school (i'm guessing that it's Kao-chan or Yoshiya, since they are probably still in high school), so parting with Emi should affect her the lowest (and Chiho knows that this is possible since Emi has already considered Maou just another young man trying to live a normal life in Japan). Despite all that, she still chose the the best outcome for herself with the least concern for others. I get why she is selfish for Maou (which is understandable), but i can't seem to grasp her reason with Emi, other than her own naivety and novel attitude. I'm not saying that Chiho should just forget about Emi, but instead of following only the path that benefits her most, she should also try to take others's situation into account. If you think about it, this path should be the best path to take. Not only would it solve the conflict between Maou/Emi, it would also let them resolve things in both worlds (Emi goes back, reunites with her friends and stands up for her people, Maou stays in Japan with his loyal servant trying to live his life without worries that someone might go after him), on top of helping Chiho eliminate her competition and pursue Maou. Alas Ramus might be a problem, but Emi can always make some trips to Japan once in a while to visit Maou/Chiho. The only thing preventing Chiho from realizing this is her own half-hearted attitude. Sooner or later, Chiho will have to choose between her friends, love interest or herself, and i hope that when it comes, she will be determined enough to make the right choice, other than just cling to everything she has and hope that things go her way.

Extra note: The way i proposed just now was the best possible option for Chiho only, not the best way the LN should follow. In the end, i still think that Maou/Emi should return to Ente Isla while Chiho stays in Japan. The two of them would eventually unite their own armies to fight a common enemy, with their final love as proof that humans and demons could co-exist. Sounds a bit cliche, i know, but this is the most logical way i can see the story going. And then our heroes would go and visit Chiho once in a while when war is over. All in all, while Chiho had a chance at Maou at the beginning, but her own selfishness and naivety caused her to completely lose to Emi.
IdealsNRealityAug 16, 2015 3:08 AM
Aug 30, 2015 4:00 AM
May 2015
Hoppy said:
Chiho is cute a bit bubbly and lovely, Emi is annoying.

Well, Chiho is more annoying thou.
Aug 30, 2015 4:08 AM
May 2015
Emi of course, Chiho is a Childish and annoying brat. Which is the type that i hate. Hero and Demon pairings is more unique and extraordinary than a boring human and demon pairings.

Emi is a brave, strong and a lovely woman.
Emi Hating Maou is one of my reason why i love this pairing. Love/Hate Relationship is more amazing and more unique than a boring and dully Assumed/Love Relationship.

So Emi all the way~
darklight0098Aug 30, 2015 4:11 AM
Oct 27, 2015 3:56 AM
May 2015
Emi: beauty with brain.....though I love watermelon :P
Nov 11, 2015 9:00 PM

Feb 2013
So I recently found out that the director of the anime was a Chiho fan, so he made sure to do things that would make MaouxEmi less apparent.
Examples such as having Emi be more aggressive towards him, or leaving out hints about

I havent read volume 2 of the light novel since the anime covered it, but apparently the forehead kiss of Maou to Chiho in episode 13 didnt happen.

All of this considered, it makes me uncomfortable since im a MaouxEmi shipper
Nov 12, 2015 10:57 AM

May 2015
of course emi, alas=ramus and emi's mother is the key
Nov 17, 2015 10:43 AM
Dec 2014
I vote for Emi cause I like the from enemies to lovers type of romance. Chiho is kinda possessive and it's irritating. I agree with the other's here that she is kinda selfish. I would like to point out that Emi is NOT a tsundere... Maou is the tsundere of this story, you'll understand if you read the novels.

I can't provide a link but I've read somewhere that in the light novels.

Maou actually find Emi a beautiful woman when he met her in the human world for the first time(The time when Maou gave Emi an umbrella).

I don't know why this detail is not noticed but could it be that Maou, from the very beginning when he met her on that crossing, has a crush on Emi? From the beginning he is strangely kind and tolerating to her even though she is his enemy(and very irritating to him).

Also, since he find her pretty back then if Emi wasn't the hero or if they didn't discover each other's identity early on, would it be possible for Maou to ask her out?

I can't find translated vol. 1 and vol 2(I wanna buy them but they're not available in my country). Can the people who've read vol. 1 confirm?
Huex3Nov 17, 2015 10:47 AM
Nov 17, 2015 8:13 PM

Feb 2014
Emilia!!!!
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Nov 20, 2015 12:15 AM
Dec 2014
NeedHelp56 said:

Wow, that's very interesting! I did find Maou a bit of a tsundere from reading the light novels so far. I cannot confirm whether or not Maou found Emi beautiful since I also don't have volume 1 or 2, but i wouldn't be surprised. Maou seemed far too kind too his enemy, and he seems to not hate her. I hope we get a definite answer by the time the novels end, but I'm pretty sure their relationship isn't that far yet even until volume 14.

Yeah I noticed it too. I have read light novels only until vol 8. But I noticed a minor tsundere-ness in maou in
Dec 2, 2015 4:18 AM
May 2015
There only reasons someone would vote chi-chan over emi are:

- Accidentally voted for her instead of emi.
- Is a genuine hardcore boob worshiper.
- Had tripped off shrooms/ecstasy/acid or whatever he consumed before voting.
- Was out of his mind for some other reason.
Dec 2, 2015 8:49 AM

Jul 2014
TheBuddahman said:
There only reasons someone would vote chi-chan over emi are:

- Accidentally voted for her instead of emi.
- Is a genuine hardcore boob worshiper.
- Had tripped off shrooms/ecstasy/acid or whatever he consumed before voting.
- Was out of his mind for some other reason.

You missed one:

-Happens to have a different opinion
Dec 25, 2015 9:33 PM
Jul 2015
Even how many times chiho confess I didn't saw maou getting emotional. But I saw maou once when emi crying. And maou saw chicho as a student in McDonald only. It's amazing to hear that a hero and the devil become together. I vote for emi !! BTW oppai is not a good reason to pair with the good MC..
Jan 2, 2016 7:46 PM
Jan 2016
Emi -

because maou said she's the only one equal to him.. and i remember in LN when he said who dare's to fight him like emi did and put her life to it.
alas=ramus also call him pa and ma. what will the child thinks if maou will pick chiho.

Emi is the one who can only make maou out of place.
and its good to think the Hero Emilia and demon Satan ruled the ente isla - King and Queen i put it like that.Epic tho.
maou is good at chicho because she's the only one he can trust in earth.
i dont want to hurt chicho fans. lets just put it she will become one of demon general.
Jan 23, 2016 5:01 PM

Jul 2014
After rewatching the show, I will say that I dislike both of them equally.

It's probably Emi who'll win though, because that's how every anime romance goes these days.

Also lol at everyone who takes this so seriously.
D-ohnutsJan 3, 2017 8:15 PM
Jan 23, 2016 5:47 PM

Aug 2012
Natsu-chan_204 said:

^ this. Also I hate tsunderes (that's why I had to drop toradora too).

Feb 2, 2016 9:54 PM

Dec 2015
Definitely Emi. Chiho is cute but she tends to become annoying at times
Feb 12, 2016 5:56 AM
Jul 2015
Just rewatched the anime again after reading volume 9, and i must say i got annoyed at Chiho even more than before. She was too clingy, to the point of being unreasonable. I mean, she hit and grabbed Maou as soon as she got jealous, like the time when Maou brought Suzuno's bento to work. On top of that, she was extremely selfish during the Sariel arc. She literally declared that her memories are more important than the entirety of Ente Isla, while using logic that didn't even make any sense, including the part where she stated that Maou killing many humans in Ente Isla was for "a greater reason" . Chiho considered what she thinks as fact, without even listening to anyone else, while not even knowing anything about the one she's defending. A schoolgirl who has been living a peaceful life without knowing the pain of losing anything and always have to be protected by others doesn't have the right to shout at someone like Bell. Doesn't she realize that the reason why she still had her memories was due to the respect of others, and it's not up to her to decide? To begin with, Chiho was never supposed to be a part of Maou and/or Emi's life, and yet she acted like she knew everything, even more than Emi or Suzuno. Thankfully, she has matured a bit after volume 6/7, but i'm still rooting for Emi though, as her hatred for Maou has started to fade away in volume 8/9.
Feb 16, 2016 11:39 AM

Aug 2015
I'm sure it'll be Emi but I really would love to see Chi-chan and Sadao together.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Feb 20, 2016 8:20 PM

Oct 2015
Redhead FTW. Chi-Chan is typical mainstream loli with annoying chest size for me.
Mar 14, 2016 1:03 PM
Jul 2015
chi-chan is fake friend.>:| she made friends with emi to protect maou she's so selfish ! while emi dont want other girls to involve with maou because she still cant trust maou after what he done in inte isla before.

I vote for emi because the way they hate each other in LN make's them cute couple :D:D

Even chichan fans have the right to express there opinion. but guys open your mind, boobs and cuteness is not the reason of love.

Dont worry chi-chan fans the're still maouxchiho moments but dont think any further between them.(Maou didnt answer chiho confessiong because he dont want to give her a bad answer which i think he already know his answer is bad, instead he just give her a falsehope).

Maou is now a father and he love's his daughter
also the love/hate is unique.
ill just going to wait volume 16 i hope maou will confess to emi in demon castle :D

i recommend reading the light novel's it's really really good..
Nov 22, 2016 2:53 PM
Nov 2016
Emi yusa ! she's just so perfect for maou
Dec 7, 2016 2:37 AM
Apr 2016
I Love Emi cause Chiyo is irritating me so much
Dec 31, 2016 6:09 AM
Dec 2016
Definitley Chi-chan but not for her boobies XD I liker her cu she always give me a good laugh after an episode (especially when she screams 😂 and the others too) and she's so friggin adorable ;-; . I also like how fearless and stunning Emi is, but it's just too cliché for me... Good falls for Evil. I would wanna see how things would go if Maou ended up with Chi-chan XD I bet it's gonna get romcom ^^~
I'm more of a hot guy x adorable girl than hot guy x beautiful girl lol.
Dec 31, 2016 6:23 AM

Jul 2015
Ofc Chi-Chan ,I hate tsunderes
It will turn to another generic romance when the mc end up with the bitchy tsundere
Im glad there is no s2
Jan 3, 2017 5:07 PM

Mar 2013
Not criticizing other's opinions but I lol'ed at some of the comments that states 'Tsunderes' and only Tsunderes are considered generic/cliche as the norm when the presence of 'Genki', 'DereDere' type heroines in most anime & manga equals to the amount of 'Tsundere' or possibly even exceeds that. Not to mention some of the 'cliche' haters failed to even recall of how many times the non-Tsundere types won not only the favour of the community but also won their respective series itself. Yet the community still label 'Tsundere' as generic and cliche just because they dislike the hostility expressed by said trope.

What made me facepalm even more in this particular poll is that most people who voted for Chiho expressed their reasonings to be because she either has big boobs or that they hate the 'Tsundere' tribe. At the very least, my reasoning of voting Emi is because a real enemy x enemy pairing is really rare and the amount of potential developments that progress from profound hatred to caring love is high and much heartwarming compared to your typical 'fall-in-love-without-developments-and-hostility' trope(heck that trope is even more cliche than the hate-love trope). Furthermore, you don't see a lot of Hero x Maou romance anywhere. (There are some but not as good.)

Some of you may not like us referencing the LN but I'm just gonna say it anyways. The reason why Chiho is poor character in this particular series is not only because she's too clingy but her character is being expressed in a forceful way to an annoying degree. Heck, her existence itself acts too much of a catalyst for other character's developments and actually overshadows Maou and Emi's self-development of their respective characters to the point that all of the characters really did worshiped her for being a saint and developing them. This happens in almost every volumes. Even Suzuno has better characterization than her to be honest. That said, I don't really hate Chiho. It's just that her character is a hindrance to all the other character's developments and it's getting unbearably irritating.
Jan 3, 2017 8:12 PM

Jul 2014
Azai-kun said:
At the very least, my reasoning of voting Emi is because a real enemy x enemy pairing is really rare and the amount of potential developments that progress from profound hatred to caring love is high and much heartwarming compared to your typical 'fall-in-love-without-developments-and-hostility' trope(heck that trope is even more cliche than the hate-love trope). Furthermore, you don't see a lot of Hero x Maou romance anywhere. (There are some but not as good.)

That might have worked better if Emi was written differently from a Tsundere.
Jan 4, 2017 4:12 AM

Mar 2013
D-ohnuts said:

Hey now, characterizing her with any other archetypes will still need that hostility against her nemesis so she'll stay Tsun regardless. At the very least she isn't like those overrated and annoying Tsundere lolis. At any rate she'll drop the Tsun later on so it doesn't matter anyways.
Jan 4, 2017 10:26 AM
Sep 2016
I usually hate Chi-chan's type of character so one-dimensional, but Chi-chan shows more worth then other characters of here type, like on scale, Hinata (Naruto series) the lowest, and Chi-chan the highest.

However I still go with Emi, her and Maou's dynamic are better. Maou I could see with either one too be happy. But Emi, I don't see her with anyone else besides Maou, she deserves a King, even if he is a demon king. Chi-chan is still high-school, I hate characters that are young and naive about love, she still has time to grow out of it and find someone else. Emi even though not much older, the idea of her just getting with some nobody side character would be stupid.
Jan 19, 2017 5:37 AM
Dec 2014
D-ohnuts said:
Azai-kun said:
At the very least, my reasoning of voting Emi is because a real enemy x enemy pairing is really rare and the amount of potential developments that progress from profound hatred to caring love is high and much heartwarming compared to your typical 'fall-in-love-without-developments-and-hostility' trope(heck that trope is even more cliche than the hate-love trope). Furthermore, you don't see a lot of Hero x Maou romance anywhere. (There are some but not as good.)

She is a bit more tame in the LN and Manga tho. The anime butchered her level of "tsundere-ness" a bit, she went from reasonable tsundere to bitch tsundere. Although I believe her bitchiness towards Maou is justified considering how much suffering he caused her in the past.
Jan 23, 2017 3:19 AM

Dec 2015
I usually don't like big boobed character but Chiho is damn cute.
Jan 27, 2017 2:50 PM
Jan 2017
Hoppy said:
Chiho is cute a bit bubbly and lovely, Emi is annoying.

Pfff, all Chiho does is dream about Maou whilst Emi stands for bravery and kicking-ass. If you find here tsundereness annoying, she isn't such a tsun in the light novel, it's just that the director is a Chi lover and made her that way.
Feb 25, 2017 6:28 AM
Feb 2017
I'm new here and to this series, but does anybody know how maou feels about emi?
Apr 19, 2017 4:38 PM
Mar 2017
CHi, obvi. The hero and the devil cannot get together. i dont ship it. i ship maou and chi tho
Jun 27, 2017 10:22 PM

Jun 2017
I like Chi better personally.

Emi kinda annoys me.
"Glad you liked it!"
Jun 29, 2017 6:29 PM
Jun 2017
I say emi because on novel 13 emi embraces maou because he cares about her but sense maou is so dense it'll take awhile for him to realize that she loves him.
Jun 29, 2017 7:05 PM
Jun 2017
Oh sorry what I meant to say was novel 12
Pages (13) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

621 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

345 by foofooplay »»
Mar 21, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

328 by NutsTheBerker »»
Mar 16, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

374 by Ailastara »»
Feb 26, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

483 by 0ssi »»
Jan 24, 4:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.