Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 5, 2020 12:57 PM

Aug 2011
dekopinn said:
migohunter said:
Clearly the weirdest story of puberty ever.

I'd say it's the most comprehensive and accurate.
Apr 1, 2020 1:28 PM

Jan 2014
i am even more lost than before lmfao
May 10, 2020 3:18 AM

Feb 2020
A lot happened in this ep and a lot of info has been given, both for the weird story itself and for the reality behind the over-the-top metaphores.
For the actual story, we learned that Haruko apparently planned a space terrorist attack in order for Naota to "swing the bat". But also that she uses people's heads to teleport stuff, like the guitars or the robots apparently (which means they're not a creation of the actual individual, it's all Haruko's doing). But it doesn't work for everyone, as seen with the father. I rewatched some scenes of the first ep before watching this one in order to understand things better and I realized that Haruko actually said interesting stuff I forgot. When she first met Naota and hit him with her bike, she then freaked out due to thinking she killed him and she added that she killed him just when she finally met him, which means she was looking for him and went for him on purpose, though while hitting him was part of her plan, knocking him out apparently wasn't, which is why she hit him with her guitar once he woke up. The first hit with the bike didn't lead for the horn to appear.
When she was talking to Naota in his room, she also said she was an alien (which is why Naota called her like that last episode). At first I thought she was messing with him, but now it looks like it really is the case.
She seems to have quite an obsession with making Naota "swing the bat" though. It looks like it's been her entire life goal in the first three episodes and she finally achieved it in this ep, which led for quite a reaction from her. She's a bit (or maybe not just a bit) insane, isn't she ?
Now I wonder where she's taking him. I also wonder why exactly does she have this obsession. I guess she'll coach him more but I don't get what makes her want to do that. I'll definitely have to rewatch this show once I'm done, good thing it's only 6 episodes long.
Now in terms of metaphor, there is also a lot to say. This time the show isn't at all hiding it, it is a metaphor for puberty and sexuality. The heads are a metaphor for the... Well, let's call it the way it's called, genital parts.
"Swinging the bat" definitely refers to having a sexual relationship.
But consequently, it leads for Haruko to come off as very, very disturbing.
She's a sex addict, no need to hide it, she totally is a sex addict, a pro. But she's also someone who apparently seeks for people to open up to this side of themselves. Because this part of her clearly makes her happy, as seen in the last scene when she bursts in hysterical laughters after Naota's narrator comment about how "swinging the bat" must make her feel like. She wants for others to feel that way too but I definitely don't believe it's just a pure will to make people happy, she's completely messed up and doesn't strike me as the selfless type (even though she showed a more gentle side towards Naota in this episode). But consequently it makes her come off as much more than just a sex addict, but an actual r*pist and a pedophile. I really hope I misunderstood that part, especially considering how she also clearly has a sexual relationship with Naota's dad and it's not at all hidden.
But since this episode was also about Naota being jealous of his father for having this kind of relationship with Haruko when she told him he was the one she wanted to do things with makes me worried. I don't believe the show's purposely making Haruko be a pedo and a r*pist but she still comes off as such which is super creepy.
It's pretty clear to me that Haruko is basically a sexual coach but everything is wrong here, everything. I REALLY hope I'm viewing things the wrong way.
And don't get me started with Naota murdering his father without knowing that this is a mannequin and that the real one is willingly being held captive by Haruko... I don't want to think about it.
Other than that, the conversation between Haruko and Naota in the street gave me pretty big Madoka and Monogatari vibes. I wonder if Shaft got its inspiration from this show.
Jul 27, 2020 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
WHAT WAS THIS?!?!?!?
Dec 23, 2020 2:34 AM

May 2020
The animation is LIT and that dude's eyebrows lol...

The scenes also reminded me of Eva
Dec 23, 2020 8:31 AM

Nov 2015
the storyboard to this episode must have been incredible to present to the higher executives of the studio
Feb 24, 2021 6:59 PM

Feb 2017
Why is this a harem

Mar 19, 2021 4:02 PM

Jul 2016
The "Dementia" tag sure played its role this episode, huh?
Mar 31, 2021 7:10 AM

Jun 2016
Well, that ep was... ehm, interesting. I'm not quite sure how, or what to think about it. At least one thing I know is, that the dementia tag definitely makes sense now. It felt completely different from the previous 3 eps.

Highlight: The sky changing colour after the nosebleed scene, was kinda cool. I have to praise the dad resurrection scene(?) as well. It was pretty bizarre

May 15, 2021 10:29 AM

Jul 2020
Gotta say, we got more weird in this episode haha, but I'm still really enjoying it, I also thought that the scene with Naota and Haruko swinging the satellite was pretty sick; definitely curious to see what's next!
Zackack99May 15, 2021 11:30 AM
Aug 5, 2021 5:17 PM
Jul 2019
And I wonder how this anime was thought and serialized, or the manga if it had that. 😂🤚🏻 It doesn't even have much logic to happen here, Haruko betrays her city but still lives in it. 😂🔥
Oct 22, 2021 5:48 AM

Feb 2019
Best girl Haruko

I feel like I understand the story a little bit now
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Dec 31, 2021 12:50 PM
Nov 2020
I'm not even a baseball fan and I appreciate all the references in this episode. The writing is so great.
Feb 11, 2022 6:13 AM

Aug 2019
So haruko summoned the baseball from space,so that naota can swing it....so NO is triggered from emotions of naota...as he was feeling jealous,he summoned the baseball...
Aug 21, 2022 8:34 PM
Jan 2021
action, good psycology
Sep 11, 2022 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
i legit have no words for this episode
Dec 28, 2022 9:29 AM
Dec 2022
I am glad natoa actually did it 👏
Feb 16, 2023 12:36 PM
Jul 2019
Every episode that passes I get more confused but something keeps me going I think it's rock
Apr 2, 2023 6:09 AM

Nov 2021
what sorta drugs you gotta do, to come up with a show like this!?!
not complaining tho, this stuff is crazy.
Apr 30, 2023 6:55 PM

Mar 2022
So what this episode is saying to me is that Haruko is an alien who wanted to terrorise the earth, we have an entire organisation looking for her, the reason the big horn appears on Naota's head is because of Haruko she's essentially teleporting robots and other things for her own amusement and causes chaos and anarchy whenever she goes. She's so messed up that she even kept Naota's father in a closest all dehydrated and had a robot clone of him the whole time. Or something I don't know the story is still manic as ever. But it's still awesome though. We are almost at the end, things will be revealed about Haruko soon.
May 22, 2023 6:12 AM

Jun 2021
some weird, weird moments hard to get through. Redhead eyebrows guy looked a lot like Onizuka and obviously... same italian dub actor.
May 29, 2023 4:39 PM
Jul 2018
I liked learning a bit more bout why Takkun keeps getting bonked, but I wished there was a lot more baseball shenanigans, an okay episode
Aug 30, 2023 8:22 AM

Apr 2018
This episode was more understandable than the previous one.

This anime has really his own style.
At the same time : it's so fuked up, sometimes very weird, sometimes hard to understand, romance or false romance ????

Like this is really wtf. The only thing we are sure is that the songs : ost/op/ending are really good.

Hope at episode 6 everything become clear but i doubt it.
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Sep 4, 2023 3:35 PM
Mar 2022
swing and a...... miss?
"YARE YARE, DAZE"

Sep 25, 2023 6:34 PM
Sep 2023
THE FIRST HALF WAS WEIRD AND MADE ME UNCOMFORTABLE THE SECOND HALF WAS THE BEST THING IVE EVER SEEN
Mar 25, 9:38 PM

Dec 2022
this channels the chaotic essence of adolescence like few things have ever captured
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

babykeiji - Mar 5, 2008

241 by assafMALuser »»
Apr 23, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Mar 7, 2008

284 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 22, 2008

113 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 21, 2008

133 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Piroko - Apr 28, 2008

148 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 22, 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.