Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2012 8:56 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shu remembers something? And OP and ED hasn't changed yet (since new OP and ED have already listed).

Akamori is the "another Shu". Inori got taken away and Shu follows. Akamori is forcing Shu to remember about "Mana", aka his "sister". What?? The guy Mana saved was Gai/Dorito? So Gai and Shu know each other even before anime series!! They were even friends!

Inori was made to wait for Mana's revival?? Mana proposed to Shu before and Mana is one of the patients who got the crystals on her body (on her ear to be exact).

So creepy at Mana's voice.

Gai and others caught up!

So they were involved in "Lost Christmas". Mana gave him the gun, and her eyes were already weird. Shu didn't catch the string thing, and tragedy (Shu's memory coming out at early eps) happened. And Gai left. What Gai wants to do is to sleep what has been forced to wake and return the heart.

Shu and Gai fight together, and Akamori is betraying the scientist?

Gai is sacrificing himself by telling Shu to kill (or send him away) him with Mana. Shu is with Inori, who woke up.

Such a huge revelation about Shu's memory relating to the whole thing...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 12, 2012 9:29 AM
Feb 2011
something like this revelation was bound to happen after the flashbacks that were shown in the first and couple of others episodes
Jan 12, 2012 10:26 AM
Jun 2010
Where did you saw this episode? Is it the special?
Jan 12, 2012 10:30 AM

Jun 2009
That was a really good episode. But now I have more questions than before.^^
Jan 12, 2012 10:49 AM

Nov 2008
what the...?
We learn that Gai and Shu are childhood friends. AND THEN, A FEW MINUTES LATER, HE JUST DIES? That was all way too sudden and rushed. The whole story with Mana and Gai. Sure, we pretty much got to know everything but it felt like they just threw it at us. So he was in love with Mana? And decided to die with her? I didn't get the big feeling of love from the flashbacks but oh well.

AND NOW REALLY, WHY THE FUCK DID HE HAVE TO DIE? HE WAS ONE OF THE FEW AWESOME CHARACTERS AND NOW WE ONLY HAVE SHU LEFT.
I like Shu but only him in the series will be less exciting :c but who knows, Gai's death may change him. Argh. This is making me so upset ;A;

god fucking dammit dfghjkl WHY WHY WHY /tableflip

Jan 12, 2012 11:00 AM

Apr 2011
I really don't get why two people voted "hated"... This episode was one of the best in this series and if you haven't liked any episodes up until now why bother watching the god damn anime. Anyways end of rant; I cried a bit in this episode, more tears ran out
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2012 11:01 AM
Apr 2009
Gai can't die! He just can't! It's impossible and it makes me sad because Gai is INVINCIBLE! INVINCIBLE I TELLS YA! *mutters to self* He'll be back, he HAS to be back. After all, we thought he died last episode, yeah...>:)

Deranged muttering aside, this episode was well worth the way even if the best character in this series is dead D:
Jan 12, 2012 11:03 AM

Apr 2011
This was one of the best episodes, if not the best episode for GC. So sad Gai died and sacrifice himself to be with Mana. And the crazier part was finding out that him and Shu were Childhood friends. I have so many questions about what is going to happen next.
Jan 12, 2012 11:11 AM

Jan 2010
This has been one of the best episodes. Why? Because Gai died.

I'm sorry to all Gai fans, and especially fans of Guilty Crown, but this anime just keeps going downhill. With the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if a stupid Resurrection scene occurs just to bring him back to life.

I can see it now.

Shu: GAAAAI~
Inori: GAAAAI~
POWER OF TEARS
Gai is revived.

Yes, yes, ANYTHING is possible in this show. I'm serious. I'm sorry if I'm ranting right now, but this has been a disappointment up until now. Not only that, but they introduce Mana just to get on the nerves of some people. I'm serious. They're trying TOO HARD. TOOOOO HAAAARD.

I SWEAR I'M REALLY RANTING ON THIS EPISODE RIGHT NOW. Apologize for rabid fans of this series :I

they're going to have to try really hard to make this better now...
Dropped the rating to 5/10 now.

Current Reaction:

They still have 10 episodes left! WHO KNOWS, maybe they'll deliver something mind blowing that'll make me end this series happily. Maybe I'll even learn to LOVE it. GUILTY CROWN, CHALLENGE ME. BECOME BETTER. NOW.
Kurimu-chanJan 12, 2012 11:20 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2012 11:13 AM

Oct 2011
DestinysKey said:
Gai can't die! He just can't! It's impossible and it makes me sad because Gai is INVINCIBLE! INVINCIBLE I TELLS YA! *mutters to self* He'll be back, he HAS to be back. After all, we thought he died last episode, yeah...>:)

Deranged muttering aside, this episode was well worth the way even if the best character in this series is dead D:

*after running out of tears* THIS ^
Jan 12, 2012 11:14 AM

Dec 2011
How the hell are they going to continue Guilty Crown? D: I was expecting Inori to kiss Shu at the end. Incest in flashbacks. :p
Jan 12, 2012 11:19 AM
Nov 2010
Hmm, the episode was good, but where will this anime go now? Gai is dead...:(

We'll see, I guess...
Jan 12, 2012 11:19 AM

May 2011
Is this some type of a joke or what the hell? There is no words to describe how ridiculous this is.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jan 12, 2012 11:23 AM
Feb 2011
ppl just seem love to hate this show
Jan 12, 2012 11:24 AM
Oct 2011
Kurimu-chan said:

I'm sorry to all Gai fans, and especially fans of Guilty Crown, but this anime just keeps going downhill. With the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if a stupid Resurrection scene occurs just to bring him back to life.

I can see it now.

POWER OF TEARS
Gai is revived.

Yes, yes, ANYTHING is possible in this show. I'm serious. I'm sorry if I'm ranting right now, but this has been a disappointment up until now. Not only that, but they introduce Mana just to get on the nerves of some people. I'm serious. They're trying TOO HARD. TOOOOO HAAAARD.

I SWEAR I'M REALLY RANTING ON THIS EPISODE RIGHT NOW. Apologize for rabid fans of this series :I

Current Reaction:

They still have 10 episodes left! WHO KNOWS, maybe they'll deliver something mind blowing that'll make me end this series happily. Maybe I'll even learn to LOVE it. GUILTY CROWN, CHALLENGE ME. BECOME BETTER. NOW.

got to agree with you.
this episode doesn't makes much sense.
no, the whole series doesn't makes much sense, at least for me.
Jan 12, 2012 11:30 AM

Jan 2010
ryanagamis said:
Kurimu-chan said:

I can see it now.

POWER OF TEARS
Gai is revived.

Current Reaction:

got to agree with you.
this episode doesn't makes much sense.
no, the whole series doesn't makes much sense, at least for me.

Same. I'm watching the series not getting half the things going on. I do understand their point, but they just can't deliver it right and it turns out into a huge mess of battles etc.
It's as if they just made the anime to test the unique animation style in it, and possibly to have a whole anime solely dedicated to Supercell's music and Redjuice's artwork. The story? Who cares really? People will watch it. People will buy it. They will keep milking the cash cow.

They have 10 episodes to clear this up, but I can't say my expectations are high at all... I could be wrong though, who knows. We'll soon find out...
Jan 12, 2012 11:31 AM

Jun 2010
Where's my new op and ed from supercell? DAMN!
Jan 12, 2012 11:41 AM
Jan 2012
dfsafsaf said:
i think its their hobby...
This was a really really good episode, i liked how it explained alot of things(WTF gai and shu were actually best friends!, and shu had balls back then! WTF) but it was too rushed :( Mana seemed like a beast of a character sooooo evil! too bad shes dead -_-
Jan 12, 2012 11:55 AM
May 2011
I don't like Gai at all. I just didn't like his "The end justifies the means" way of thinking. at the beginning of the series...Glad that he did what he did.
ban1o.jpg
Jan 12, 2012 11:58 AM

Jun 2009
Wow, this anime is getting more and more absurd with every episode. There are so many things that don't make a bit of sense. Episode 12 was a chance for Guilty Crown to begin to redeem itself after its disappointing first season but it did nothing of the sort (although, to be fair, Episode 13 will be critical as well since Gai dying is an "important" plot point).
Jan 12, 2012 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
WHY IS THIS MC STILL A LITTLE BITCH AFTER 12 EPISODES?! Holy fuck shittiest mc I've seen in long time. uguu why do I have to kill you? uguu I need to cry about everything. dis bitch killed 2 people already and he's still crying about everything. I am so butt hurt right now.
Jan 12, 2012 12:01 PM

May 2011
Skyz-The-Limit said:
dfsafsaf said:

I hate horrible shows, clusterfucks and things that equals with shit. Therefore I hate Guilty Crown.
This was a really really good episode

AHAHAHAhAAH.
i liked how it explained alot of things(WTF gai and shu were actually best friends!, and shu had balls back then! WTF)

Yeah, that's pretty fucking believable. They just randomly found each others in the beginning and now they have been best friends all their life. Could the script be any more retarded? I will tell; NO.

Too bad he is now a beta faggot and has been going for worse.
Jan 12, 2012 12:10 PM
Oct 2011
Karhu said:

Yeah, that's pretty fucking believable. They just randomly found each others in the beginning and now they have been best friends all their life. Could the script be any more retarded? I will tell; NO.

and inori, who the hell is she?
she is with terrorists and that old man from ghq claim that they made her to communicate with mana, i don't get it
Jan 12, 2012 12:11 PM
Jun 2010
ryanagamis said:
Karhu said:

and inori, who the hell is she?
she is with terrorists and that old man from ghq claim that they made her to communicate with mana, i don't get it

She is a body to where the Soul of Mana Ouma can go to interact with the Outside World, but Mana has an evil side.
Jan 12, 2012 12:12 PM
Dec 2010
I don't know what to think anymore.
Maybe it's just me, but it felt so rushed.
Mana seemed so interesting....
Jan 12, 2012 12:14 PM

Oct 2010
A strike to the heart with immense pain about Gai I see. Can't say the same for me. I never really liked him nor hated him. Perhaps a deep sadness but no tears shall be shed for him, only damn it's hard. The guy had its own character and all.

Shu has to become THE MAN! If he does not Gai will haunt for a long time! May edit later.

BTW GIFs in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=389289
only one of Maya. It's not bad
Yumekichi11Jan 14, 2012 6:44 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 12, 2012 12:20 PM

Oct 2011
Inori is the body of mana connecting with the outside world... but mana... dies? or her bad side dies....Is inori still manas connection...? So confused o.o
Jan 12, 2012 12:24 PM

Nov 2011
So I'm guessing Shu will take over Funeral Parlour but other than that I do not know what's going to happen next. I liked this episode but something seemed off at the same time, maybe it will all come together next episode.
Jan 12, 2012 12:25 PM

Jul 2009
This episode seemed so rushed, but it had a great impact and i really liked it.
I also think that Mana's character came too short of explanations.

Let's hope the story goes on or starts fresh with a great arc.

9,5/10 for episode!

Jan 12, 2012 12:28 PM
Oct 2011
Nimed said:

She is a body to where the Soul of Mana Ouma can go to interact with the Outside World, but Mana has an evil side.

kye_x said:
Inori is the body of mana connecting with the outside world... but mana... dies? or her bad side dies....Is inori still manas connection...? So confused o.o

this is what i mean.
Jan 12, 2012 12:32 PM

Jul 2009
Wow Guilty Crown is back and finally we get an intense episode :)
But it totally felt like the final one ô.o
Also: NO new opening? Well let's hope for one in the next episode because I'm sick of the old one...since I heard it first xD

I didn't expect Mana to be so yandere-ish and I also didn't see that incest coming xD
But I would have liked more information on here, she's an interesting chara!
Furthermore I cannot imagine that they would continue without Gai, or would they? O_O
Probably the writers will find some magical way to revive him....
Well, I don't care. I just want more Daryl!!! NAO!! °3°

Why is it that all the uninteresting charas get all the attention anyways? xD
I hope that changes in the second half of the series. :3
KamitsukaseroJan 12, 2012 12:37 PM
[.center] [./center]
Jan 12, 2012 12:34 PM

Aug 2010
After this episode I'm actually enjoying the show more. Pretty epic imo.
Jan 12, 2012 12:36 PM

Jan 2010
Karhu said:
Skyz-The-Limit said:
dfsafsaf said:

I hate horrible shows, clusterfucks and things that equals with shit. Therefore I hate Guilty Crown.
This was a really really good episode

AHAHAHAhAAH.
i liked how it explained alot of things(WTF gai and shu were actually best friends!, and shu had balls back then! WTF)

Not to freakin mention....

Creator #1: "Um, how about the girl in Shuu's flashbacks? What should we do with her?"

Creator #2: "umm IDK, childhood friend?"

Creator #1: "That's too cliche and stupid -__-"

Creator #2: "Hey hey, how about... um? Dead person? Cousin? Classmate? Random girl? Sister? Monst-"

Creator #1: "SISTER. YES, THAT'S GOOD."

Creator #2: "Make her in love with her younger brother!"

Creator #1: "YES. Incest is just what Guilty Crown needs!"

It's like they just couldn't decide how to treat the girl in his flashbacks so they said "Make her a lustful sister dammit" and that's what happened.
That's EXACTLY what Guilty Crown is missing.

Seriously.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Shu ends up with Gai's grandmother in the end for all I know. Anything is possible in this show.
Jan 12, 2012 12:45 PM

Jul 2011
Okay, this episode was loaded with so many dei ex machina. And... they basically confirmed my hunch that Inori is a mere sex doll.
Jan 12, 2012 12:46 PM
Jan 2012
Karhu said:

If you hate it that much why dont you just drop it, it going to be your first time but theres a first time for everything.

Karhu said:

Destiny perhaps? Well it explained how gai knew his name when they first met....., however there still might be more to the story on why shu forgot

Karhu said:
Before you was complaining about how much of a pussy he was, and now your complaining more? he is the MC of this show.

Flying Vaginas! WHAT AN EPISODE!, i still think theres more(the third void genome user)
Skyz-The-LimitJan 12, 2012 12:49 PM
Jan 12, 2012 12:50 PM

May 2010
worst shit ever! pointless aniem with barely any plot 1/5 3/10
Jan 12, 2012 12:52 PM
Oct 2011
Skyz-The-Limit said:
Destiny perhaps? Well it explained how gai knew his name when they first met....., however there still might be more to the story on why shu forgot

he said it himself in this episode that he was protecting himself by forgetting
lol.
Jan 12, 2012 1:05 PM

Jan 2010
ryanagamis said:
Skyz-The-Limit said:

he said it himself in this episode that he was protecting himself by forgetting
lol.

Basically, he just "happened" to forget that he ever had a sister. Oh, and that his sister loved him. That she wanted to marry him. He had freakin Inori who's basically her twin right in front of him to remind him. But, oh no, this is GUILTY CROWN, anything is possible.

Seriously, if they don't come up with an explanation as to why Shu forgot all of this (Simply protecting himself by forgetting, seriously? WTF?) I'm going to rage even more.

Now that I think of it, I think I had one or two siblings, like, 10 years ago. But I forgot about them because I want to protect myself. HOLY CRAP.
Kurimu-chanJan 12, 2012 1:11 PM
Jan 12, 2012 1:19 PM

May 2011
Skyz-The-Limit said:
Karhu said:

If you hate it that much why dont you just drop it, it going to be your first time but theres a first time for everything.

Not true and this has been answered several times already.

Skyz-The-Limit said:
Karhu said:

Anime is based to script and executed by direction, that's all there is. Bringing words like "destiny," when talking about the quality, pretty much tells that you aren't using your brains.

Or are you trying to answer my question about could script be more retarded than it already is? Well then your answer "destiny perhaps" could be approved.

Skyz-The-Limit said:
Karhu said:
Before you was complaining about how much of a pussy he was, and now your complaining more? he is the MC of this show.

You missed the point, you actually said it yourself; "And shu had balls back then!"

@Kurimu-chan

You made me laugh.
Jan 12, 2012 1:20 PM

Dec 2009
I enjoyed this episode and think this show is alright overall.
Jan 12, 2012 1:21 PM

Oct 2008
Kurimu-chan said:

I can see it now.

POWER OF TEARS
Gai is revived.

Current Reaction:

Exactly my thoughts, so many bullshit together in one episode, I just keep watching it because all the other things I'm watching air on Sunday/Monday.

Btw, epic gif is epic
PosseJan 12, 2012 1:26 PM
Jan 12, 2012 1:26 PM

Apr 2008
What the fuckin cox.

Incest is a pretty cool guy it seems.
Jan 12, 2012 1:29 PM

Sep 2011
NOOOOO GAIIIIIII!!!!they kill the character i liked most in this anime T_T how they there to do it...still i think somehow we will show somehow,if no will be another Gurren Lagan like
hopefully it we at least half good as Gurren Lagan was after that.

Well GC is back and what a episode it brings,either hate it or love it it make his work.

So Mana was her sister as many predicted and even more she was in love with Shu(wincest??)at least we know also wtf was Inori only a shell,still i think we will see more of her.

Shu as a boy was a brave cool kid then become a wuss(what a surprise o.o)still it was funny they use the "i protect myself by forgetting"excuse was like WTF but meh it being use before so i dont know how people is that surprise well and now with Gai dead Shu needs to fully grown some balls and be the leader....lets see.

Still was a good episode with drama rage and love included....you cant want more peeps.
Jan 12, 2012 1:29 PM
Jun 2011
so like,does the cripple girl *cant remember her name* die? lol her mecha just kindve fell over and then boom never to b seen again..and the fact the building exploded and shu didnt grab her..she wasnt going anywhere if shu didnt grab her *haha cripple joke* but im like wondering if she died as well or wtf happened
Jan 12, 2012 1:30 PM

Apr 2011
wow,that was really fast paced and hella climatic.I wasnt excepting this to happen on the first half of the season but still imma getting more excited thinking what's gonna happen next.Will Shu man up?Who was this death guy?This anime still has a lot to show.
Jan 12, 2012 1:30 PM

Jan 2010
Posse said:

Exactly my thoughts, so many bullshit together in one episode, I just keep watching it because all the other things I'm watching air on Sunday/Monday.

Same. The airing time. Only bothering because of that. UN-GO used to air at the same day too, but it wasn't that good either. Now I have Inu x Boku SS which seems pretty ok so far, so I'm not going to be all like "Guilty Crown day blues".

Lots of this season's anime air on the same days, it seems.
Jan 12, 2012 1:31 PM

Jan 2010
azoth50 said:
so like,does the cripple girl *cant remember her name* die? lol her mecha just kindve fell over and then boom never to b seen again..and the fact the building exploded and shu didnt grab her..she wasnt going anywhere if shu didnt grab her *haha cripple joke* but im like wondering if she died as well or wtf happened

From what I've understood thanks to the complicated methods of Guilty Crown, they don't operate the mecha inside directly (like most, if not all, mecha shows). This means that Ayase (the girl) is controlling it from a far away place using a machine she sits in.

So, no, she didn't die.
Jan 12, 2012 1:36 PM

Sep 2011
I won't say anything about the ridiculous of hate this show receives.

What I want to say that beside Inori is already a very beautiful looking character, Mana looks even better. Oh well, we finally have a good antagonist and she dies? Guess we'll have to wait and find out, but ep. 13 does seem to focus more on Ayase than on the main plot (not that I would complain).
Jan 12, 2012 1:38 PM

Dec 2009
Once again a neutral episode of Guilty Crown for me. Didn't hate it but didn't love it either.

I liked the flashbacks though :)

Oh and my reaction to Gai's death: Like whatever. And Inori and Shu crying in the end looked stupid and way to forced. It screamed "Okay fans, this is where you should cry." Okay then -_- I don't think so.

And I laughed at all the crying (for Gai) from haters on these discussions again xD
Sir_LexaJan 12, 2012 1:44 PM
Jan 12, 2012 1:40 PM

Jan 2010
Sury said:
I won't say anything about the ridiculous of hate this show receives.

What I want to say that beside Inori is already a very beautiful looking character, Mana looks even better. Oh well, we finally have a good antagonist and she dies? Guess we'll have to wait and find out, but ep. 13 does seem to focus more on Ayase than on the main plot (not that I would complain).

pff.. Ayase is going to fall in love with Shuu, Tsugumi is going to join and fall for him because hell she can, Hare will then start fighting for her 'crush' towards Shuu (because he's just so worth it), glasses president girl will get very shy around him, Inori is going to turn yandere over Shuu, and Mana will be somehow revived (because they just can do that) and she will be very lustful towards her bro.

And thus Guilty Crown will be a harem. I can see that happening.

Edit: Too many girls I forgot that classmate that liked Gai. She'll join in the fun and be part of Shuu's endless harem.

The virus? Seriously? Who cares...
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.