Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 23, 2011 3:06 PM

Aug 2010
Anyway, I'm predicting balls of light, balls of light everywhere.
Apr 23, 2011 3:12 PM

Aug 2010
They try to resurrect Menma, but fail. That's how Jintan will lose his left leg and Poppo will lose his body.

Oh no, wait..

They catch all Nokemons so Menma's wish is granted.

Or when everyone is reunited, Menma will appear in front of everybody for 1 second, and say 'Thank you' or something dramatic. But that'll happen in the last episode, my guess.

Apr 23, 2011 3:18 PM

Jun 2010
Kind of what the above said.

It turns out that Menma's wish was for everyone to be together happily forever! Once everyone gets together, and one freak stops sniffing her clothes, Menma will appear for a bit and do that dramatic thing and disappear. Everyone will realize all of the mistakes of their lives and live happily ever after. THE END.
Apr 23, 2011 9:22 PM
Jun 2009
Don't forget we are dealing with noitaminA here. From a first look, this show looks as predictable as Tokyo Magnitude 8 looked to me.
Apr 23, 2011 10:34 PM

Apr 2008
Chainsaws ~ Flying nipples ~ Blood everywhere ~ The mid episode where Jinta looses menma because he got pissed off, and comes back and they are friends again ~ More blood ~ People dying ~ HAPPY ENDING.

Apr 23, 2011 11:06 PM

Mar 2010
Everyone becomes friends again and Menma moves on to wherever dead people go.. That's the norm for these types of anime. Menmas wish is simply for everyone to stay friends forever, I think that's pretty obvious and were only 2 eps in.
Apr 23, 2011 11:14 PM

Oct 2009
I'll just quote myself from episode 1 discussion lol.

DoubleDango said:
Huh, I really doubt we'll get any hot spring/school trip/confession episodes. Must be watching a different show.

Seriously, the main (arguable) protagnonist is a 'shut-in'; he couldn't even go out in the streets casually. What we'll see is some slow but credible characther development as the plot unfolds in forms of small revelations (they're not there to make you guess... they are revelations aka they reveal stuff aka it's not 'predictable' because they were effective).

By the end of the series we'll probably see Jintan with a new perspective in life as well as some goals set. The group of friends re-discovering life (as it is) and reflecting on their past. Menma resting in peace once her wish will be granted (though it'd obviously not be the original wish, some twist is needed).

The wish is probably just for all of them to get back together bla bla bla.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2011 7:21 AM

Jan 2009
i wish i could make its ending,

bec. if i could, i'd make it unto a happily ever after XDDDD
instead of making menma dead, i'd make the whole series unto a dream,
and turn out that menma don't have to actually die,
then the whole "true" series would turn more unpredictable HAHAHAHA.

though i predict that it will be
like Menma wish will only reveal when
"all of them are together and as friends again"
while knowing what Menma truly wishes...
they solved their un"resolved" problems from the past up to the present.
turns out, her only wish is for them
to GIVE NAME to a FLOWER they discovered
the day before Menma died.

Moral lesson of the whole plot:
give importance (<= the naming to an unknown flower)
to everything and every person you met in life
and always remember
the moments while you live (<= they should always remember
and cherish their friendship with Menma).

i've based this from the title of the anime itself XD <3
Apr 24, 2011 7:28 AM

Sep 2010
Anaru, err, Naruko will be together with Jinta.
So as Atsumu and Chiriko. Tetsudo, well, he'll stay the way he is.

And Menma will rest in piece. That's how simple it is to me. (I still gave it a 10, though)
Apr 24, 2011 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
I think it will end with them all friends again, somehow. Or atleast her death will be clarified and everyone will be forgiven if they feel they deserve to be forgiven.

I can also see a timeskip sort of ending where Jinta and Anaru have a child and it would pan out to then holding it and would go something like:
"What a beautiful baby girl..."
"Yes" *sob*
"What should we call her"
"Let's call her..."
-pans out to counter with a a photo of Menma's face (like her mum had)-
"...Menma"

:')
Apr 28, 2011 10:20 AM
Aug 2010
It would be a mad crazy plot twist if the dark-haired mean chick murdered menma when they were kids. It's possible based on the story so far, and it would be the twist of the century.
May 13, 2011 3:31 AM
Apr 2011
I can only imagine the ending as something tragic seeing as how the episodes are panning out so far, so I predict Yadomi indeed hallucinated Menma's existance, and it turns out that he's insane or something. I think there'll be a scene where Yadomi is begging everyone to believe that he can really see Menma and he's crying and thrashing with Poppo holding him down and Anaru asking him to "just quit it already..." OR SOMETHING EQUALLY AS TRAGIC :P
May 14, 2011 8:55 AM

Feb 2011
It is going to have a happy ending. Menma's wish was all to be friends again. Jinta and Anaru will get together... Unless they include something unexpected, like aliens, insanity, all was just a dream, magic, time-travel, which will ruin the story.
May 14, 2011 11:28 AM
Mar 2011
Everyone will be friends again, but not before Menma appears to everyone, kisses Jintan on the cheek, and saying "thank you, "JIN-TAN" before disappearing.
May 20, 2011 11:54 AM

Feb 2011
Poppo killed Menma and hid her body in the fort. Her wish is a proper burial~
May 21, 2011 11:36 PM

Jun 2009
NakaharaMisaki said:
Kind of what the above said.

It turns out that Menma's wish was for everyone to be together happily forever! Once everyone gets together, and one freak stops sniffing her clothes, Menma will appear for a bit and do that dramatic thing and disappear. Everyone will realize all of the mistakes of their lives and live happily ever after. THE END.
you took the word right out of my mouth
May 26, 2011 4:48 AM

Jan 2010
Urr...
Well, I've got something to point out to you guys.
Would Menma's wish be something she'd have made before she died or after?
Because if it were a wish during the time when she was alive, well, them getting together wouldn't be it. But it probably is. I dunno. Lol.
May 26, 2011 8:46 AM

Aug 2010
I'm sure we will get the whole party together, everyone is having a great time, Jintan finally says what he feels about Menma and she can rest in peace (of course everyone can see her at the climax). Jintan and Anaru get together in the future one day. The rest of the band have their dreams come true, except for Yukiatsu who settles with Chiriko.

It would be really funny if Menma came back for what Poppo suggested in episode two if I recall correctly, Jintan's sign or something. I'm sure it's something serious though.

I have this strange feeling that there will be no orbs. I'm also convinced that Menma is a genuine ghost, he is not just Jintan's mind playing a trick on him.

I hope they will surprise us though. I hate when I can see the end a mile away.
Jun 3, 2011 3:46 AM

Nov 2010
Polarity said:
Poppo killed Menma and hid her body in the fort. Her wish is a proper burial~

OR, Poppo ate Menma's body and wished to be properly digested.
Jun 3, 2011 10:34 AM
Feb 2010
The flower was a forget-me-not and Menma's wish is to not be forgotten.
There I said it.
Jun 3, 2011 4:29 PM

Jan 2010
I'm basing this on the fact that usually when I watch anime, the ending is mostly bittersweet

They grant Menma wish, she disappears, everyones' life moves on. Till one day, they all remember her for some weird reason, and hang out together once again. While they're hanging out, menma is watching over them.
Jun 14, 2011 5:41 AM
Feb 2009
first two posts r amazing... o.o

anyway, since menma can only write at her diary, so it is obvious menma will write the last word "thank u" in her diary b4 she disappear
oblivious is a bliss
Jun 14, 2011 6:10 AM

Aug 2009
Ghez I just wish I could write the ending.
Naruko realizes she can never replace Menma and win Jinta for herself, so she ends up with Yukiatsu who is like a kindred spirit to her and he realizes he never had a chance of replacing Jinta.
Menma's wish was granted and disappeared but Jinta feels lonely without her and joins her in death.
Tsuruko being depressed about not getting Yukiatsu and Poppo.. well he's just Poppo then. (or they two end up together as well ;P)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xity - Apr 28, 2011

319 by Grimenio »»
Apr 28, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.