Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jun 2, 2011 9:20 AM

Nov 2010
AlexGK said:
^
Story - Brotherhood>>>Gintama (saw about 30 of the original and could not get into it so this is my opinion)
Music/Sound/VA - Brotherhood>>>>>Gintama (my taste anyway)
Comic relief - Gintama>>>>>>Brotherhood (ownage)
Characters - Brotherhood>>>>>Gintama (I have yet to see anime or manga where ALL characters, down to the last 3-rd line support one remain usefull and have screen time till the end. And no plot armor or OP main char. Awesome support characters)
Animation - Brotherhood>>>Gintama

So where exactly is Gintama better besides the comedy?

well im not gonna blame you if you were not into it by episode 30, but the series only keeps getting rapidly better as it goes on. i have to disagree with pretty much everything that you said, except for the story and animation ill agree with you there, and im glad you can atleast see that Gintama has better comedy than brotherhood so i wont call you a straight up hater. its true that Gintama doesnt really have a solid plot and is something like the Family Guy or South Park of Japan. but it does have an interesting and original setting (combining the future with the past) and it does have its occasional serious/dramatic arcs(which you never got too see) and they are extremelyyy good. and i loved the characters sooo much more than anyone in FMAB, also, so many great supporting characters are introduced past episode 30 and all are more interesting than the supporting characters in FMAB and they make for some great arcs. and as for the animation, FMAB is obviously better but it was released about 3 years later than Gintama so that is to be expected. and its definitely not action packed like FMAB, but when it wants to be.. it doesnt fail to deliver. so IMO the things that make this series worthy of 1st place are:
-Great Characters and voice actors
-Great Comedy
-How it mainly focuses on comedy but then suddenly surprises you with a serious/dramatic arc(while still managing to throw in some great comedy)
-Loved the soundtrack
-Loved how it combined the future with the past
-Loved how it doesnt just parody other anime, it makes a parody of EVERYTHING from game consoles to president obama.
-How it pretty much never gets repetitive which is pretty impressive for a long running show
-Out of the 200+ episodes ive watched i havnt found a single one that wasnt enjoyable.

well this rant has gone on long enough and this discussion is pretty much pointless, we all have our own opinions in the end. but i just had nothing to do so i thought id answer this question:
AlexGK said:

all im trying to say to all the haters who may be reading this.. dont be immature and bash on Gintama without even knowing anything about it, just because your favorite anime isnt in first place anymore...that kinda stuff just pisses me off. i dont even really care about the top list, but when people do that kinda stuff it just gets to me. all i want is to get as many people to see this amazing anime as possible. so far ive converted 8 of my friends to Gintama-ism and they are all now in love with it :)
Jun 2, 2011 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
Someone is always gonna complain about whatever is number 1. people should stop bitching(especially if you haven't even seen the entire show). Eventually some new show will take over and we will get another thread like this bitching about that show...
Jun 2, 2011 3:12 PM
Feb 2010
AlexGK said:
^
Story - Brotherhood>>>Gintama (saw about 30 of the original and could not get into it so this is my opinion)
Music/Sound/VA - Brotherhood>>>>>Gintama (my taste anyway)
Comic relief - Gintama>>>>>>Brotherhood (ownage)
Characters - Brotherhood>>>>>Gintama (I have yet to see anime or manga where ALL characters, down to the last 3-rd line support one remain usefull and have screen time till the end. And no plot armor or OP main char. Awesome support characters)
Animation - Brotherhood>>>Gintama

Look, Alex, I´m not trying to be rude, and I´m gonna let you finish, but Gintama has the best music of all time, OF ALL TIME.

Just sayin´

/ But serious the soundtrack is way better than Brotherhood's

You're right with the rest (animation, characters etc) but Gintama's strength lies within a superb combination of intense action, great drama and hilarious comedy.
Since it's famous for the last, people often neglect those other sides.
Jun 2, 2011 11:28 PM

Jan 2011
^ Just for the record - I have ALL of the Gintama's OST's, since I was making me pure anime soundtrack album for the car and people said it had great music :D All I have to say is that people have their own tastes. I didnt put even a SINGLE track from Gintama and that is all. Best OST (for ME) - Fairy Tail, Naruto Shippuuden, FMAB, in that order. Since the first 2 are made by the same person, I guess thats just my style.
Ill give Gintama a couple more shots, same as Bleach, lets hope it gets good later. But since Ive seen the occasional random episode every now and then I dont think it will ever beat FMAB for me. Hope you dont take me for a hater, I gave it the score I think it deserves. Its just that the story is my main criteria and when I see another anime with no plot armor, no solo opera overpowered main hero, no talk-no-jitsu, and real deaths from the "good" side all in one place - thats what Id consider No 1 material.

Im not really bashing Gintama. I just said its not worthy of being the overall No 1. Im sure for many people its indeed the best ever. But Im also sure that when this gets about 20000-30000 (if ever) votes it will no longer be even top 3. Then you will see how hard and special some anime needs to be to have 9.20 score on average voted by 30000+ people.
AlexGKJun 2, 2011 11:43 PM
Jun 3, 2011 4:37 AM
Feb 2010
One can describe Gintama's ost as Emotional/beautiful, Naruto and FMAB is more 'Epic'. If it doens't suit your tastes, that's fine, but that doesn't affect its quality.

I agree with you, this second season is not worthy of the no1 spot. The first however, was no1 before Brotherhood was finished, with ~50k members which is good.

Don't forget a series doesn't really need to have a superb story to be good.
Strange that you fancy story, but put Shippuuden in favorites.

Last thing, don''t expect much of Bleach, it's going downhill with every ep.
Jun 3, 2011 5:13 PM

Jul 2010
AlexGK said:
Hope you dont take me for a hater, I gave it the score I think it deserves.

Hold on, you watched Gintama' without watching the first series? That's something I wouldn't recommend to anyone, though it's your own decision ofcourse.

I love FMA:B, Clannad AS, and Gintama, all great shows, and each has its unique characteristics. Clannad has its mix of comedy and drama, FMA the action and plot and Gintama has his parodies and humour. Though you might say a real plot is lacking in Gintama, I think there's more and more plot revealed as the series steadily progresses and 'serious' arcs are getting more frequent. However, Gintama remains mostly focused towards humour, though there are even moments of drama that can touch your heart, or not to mention Gin's strong speeches/quotes. I feel the show has a lot more to offer than just comedy, you just have to stick with it for more than 50 episodes to actually get to the serious parts.

My point is (I keep drifting off from what I'm actually trying to say) that I cannot really understand why people would cling to one series they adore and hate whatever rivals it. They should be more open-minded and actually try giving these other series a chance, without dropping it after a few episodes based on prejudice ("after wathing 2 episodes I can already see this show is so much worse than *insert favourite anime here*)."

Ofcourse it'll always be a matter of taste, though there should never be a reason to act like a troll. Some prefer Clannad, some DragonBleaPiece, some Gintama or FMA, I just like them all :P
Jun 3, 2011 5:35 PM

Nov 2010
Okaishi said:
AlexGK said:
Hope you dont take me for a hater, I gave it the score I think it deserves.

Hold on, you watched Gintama' without watching the first series? That's something I wouldn't recommend to anyone, though it's your own decision ofcourse.

yea this is what bothers me,when people start bashing on Gintama' without watching the entire first season. and if you tried to watch the first season and didnt like it, then why even bother to start the second? and its pretty much only natural for season 2 to be number 1 because the only people who are going to rate it are, for the most part, all the people who have COMPLETED the first season. and if you COMPLETED the first season, chances are you are going to give it a 9 or a 10 because it really is just that good(there is a reason why Gintama was number 2 on the top list despite being not as popular as FMAB). and the second season is really no different from season 1, so its, again, only natural for people to give it a high rating immediately. and i honestly dont know why they made it seem like a separate season with its own page and all that in the first place. but im glad they did so now hopefully more people will be interested in Gintama and all the haters can die from brain aneurysms while they stress out over FMAB no longer being #1 on a random unofficial top anime list..
Jun 3, 2011 10:21 PM

Jun 2010
Yea to be honest I haven't met anyone online who disliked the series once they got into it deep enough, most of the dislikers were those that stopped well into the teens episodes, I mean even the Nizou Arc came in the 40's .

I just loved samurais in general, so GinTama fit in perfectly, but to be honest I remember Gintoki's line to Shinpachi : The country? The skies? You can have them. I'm busy just protecting what's right in front of me. I don't know what'll happen to me in the future, but if something has fallen at my feet, then the least I can do is pick it up.

Once I heard those lines I knew this series was much more than crude humor, alot more.
Jun 5, 2011 11:34 PM

Jun 2008
SkyFade said:
Yea to be honest I haven't met anyone online who disliked the series once they got into it deep enough, most of the dislikers were those that stopped well into the teens episodes, I mean even the Nizou Arc came in the 40's .

See, that's the problem: A show shouldn't take 40 episodes to start being good.
Jun 6, 2011 2:10 AM

May 2010
This topic has been quite a show...
Jun 6, 2011 5:13 AM

Nov 2010
The new episode just blew the haters away, nuff said.
Jun 6, 2011 5:17 AM

Sep 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
SkyFade said:
He/She was just stating when an arc began in the show. That does not necessarily have to do anything with the show being good or not.
Well the arcs are brilliant though. Just stating.
Jun 6, 2011 5:47 AM

Nov 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
SkyFade said:

Blame One Piece trend :P
Jun 6, 2011 5:55 AM

May 2010
You should all drop Gintama.
Jun 6, 2011 6:02 AM

Apr 2008
Bolt_ said:

Blame One Piece trend :P

OP is good from ep 1 imo!

Jun 6, 2011 6:04 AM
May 2009
After watching the first episode, I reckon it deserves that score. in its own way that first episode was quite the eye opener and shocker.
Jun 6, 2011 6:07 AM
Jan 2010
Webeiss said:

Was that sarcastic? I really can't tell because it's the internet.
Jun 6, 2011 6:24 AM

May 2010
icycoldpepsi said:
Webeiss said:

Was that sarcastic? I really can't tell because it's the internet.
I am sarcasm free.
Jun 6, 2011 6:34 AM

Nov 2010
Gintama doesn't hear your favorite anime from the bottom of the scoreboard.

*cough*
Jun 6, 2011 6:41 AM

Nov 2010
Webeiss said:

I wouldnt drop this show even if my life depended on it.

Redfoxoffire said:

I enjoyed it since episode 1..and was hooked by episode 5. around episode 40 is just when the show starts to evolve into to something even greater.
Jun 6, 2011 6:48 AM

May 2010
It's like WOW! You're the top show on MAL! How does it feel to be to be on the same page as Code Geass?

I think I'd rather my favorites be further down the list, honestly. (Even though sadly some aren't.)
Jun 6, 2011 6:57 AM

Sep 2009
Fuzzhx said:
Webeiss said:
I wouldnt drop this show even if my life depended on it.
Now that's a troll.
Jun 6, 2011 8:13 AM

Oct 2010
Hmm I see that the trolls haven't quit yet..

Why is everyone bitching??

Gintama is no.1 for the mere reason that everyone who watched it are scoring it 10,09 and honestly this show deserve its spot..

Jun 6, 2011 9:01 AM

Nov 2010
it sucks that most of the trolls are FMAB fans who are pissed that it isnt #1 anymore, they are making the FMAB fanbase look pretty immature. it makes me a little embarrassed to be a fan of that show myself. grow up people!
Jun 6, 2011 10:08 AM
Nov 2010
The popularity and its ridiculously high rating makes me NOT want to watch this anime.
Jun 6, 2011 10:23 AM

Nov 2010
doomed151 said:
The popularity and its ridiculously high rating makes me NOT want to watch this anime.

No one is forcing you, mate.
Jun 6, 2011 10:28 AM

Nov 2010
doomed151 said:

i understand not wanting to watch something because its popular, i used to be the same way. but not wanting to watch something because of a high rating doesnt really make sense. and actually Gintama is one of the least popular of the long running shounen anime. but if you liked kore wa zombie, im thinking you will probably like this. so you should give it a chance.
Jun 6, 2011 10:44 AM

Oct 2010
doomed151 said:

LOL,your lost dude..

@Fuzzhx:I liked FMAB too and I didn't care when it was ranked 1 and Gintama was the third even though I Like Gintama more..

It's really embarrassing to see adults bitching over anime ratings -___-'..

Jun 6, 2011 12:30 PM

Jun 2008
Linalee-Stratos said:
Redfoxoffire said:
SkyFade said:
He/She was just stating when an arc began in the show. That does not necessarily have to do anything with the show being good or not.

Read it again. He/She clearly stated that people who dislike the series didn't get far enough, implying that it takes longer for the show to be good enough for people not to drop it. The fact that the earliest "good" point she/he could mention was in the 40's isn't helping.
Jun 6, 2011 12:32 PM

May 2010
doomed151 said:

There's very few people who'd admit to something like this, let along follow through with it.

Interesting.

Me? I'm just here to watch the sparks fly. I love shit like this.
Jun 6, 2011 1:14 PM

Nov 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
Linalee-Stratos said:
Redfoxoffire said:
SkyFade said:

Read it again. He/She clearly stated that people who dislike the series didn't get far enough, implying that it takes longer for the show to be good enough for people not to drop it. The fact that the earliest "good" point she/he could mention was in the 40's isn't helping.

It really all comes down to what type of comedy you enjoy/how good your sense of humor is, because comedy is the majority of Gintama. If you didnt like it by atleast episode 25 chances are you probably wont like the rest of the series. but the thing we keep trying to say is that its not only a comedy..it is at first but, like i said before, the show starts to change and starts showing some emotional/dramatic arcs and some intense battle arcs. So in other words you will never understand why Gintama is rated so high unless you watch all of it, but i know some of you cant because you just cant stand the type of comedy Gintama uses. so just keep on hating, but dont be a troll, thats just sad.
Jun 6, 2011 1:23 PM

Jun 2008
Fuzzhx said:
It really all comes down to what type of comedy you enjoy/how good your sense of humor is, because comedy is the majority of Gintama. If you didnt like it by atleast episode 25 chances are you probably wont like the rest of the series. but the thing we keep trying to say is that its not only a comedy..it is at first but, like i said before, the show starts to change and starts showing some emotional/dramatic arcs and some intense battle arcs. So in other words you will never understand why Gintama is rated so high unless you watch all of it, but i know some of you cant because you just cant stand the type of comedy Gintama uses. so just keep on hating, but dont be a troll, thats just sad.

So I've been told. I like comedy, and I went into Gintama knowing I was getting comedy. I kept hearing the time it was supposed to "get good" get pushed later. It started at early twenties, then went to late twenties, then went all the way to late thirties/early forties, but by episode 25 I felt I had already tortured myself enough.

And it's obvious Gintama is rated so high mostly because of how long it is, not for how good it is. If all the scores were being calculated, Gintama would likely be in the 80s or 90s, like it was when it was airing. And again, I shouldn't have to watch over 150 episodes to "get" why something is "so good".

And I am a hater, not a troll.
Jun 6, 2011 1:48 PM

Nov 2010
Redfoxoffire said:

And it's obvious Gintama is rated so high mostly because of how long it is, not for how good it is.

Not true, if this was the case, then why isnt One Piece or Bleach anywhere on the top 30?

Redfoxoffire said:

i wasnt calling you a troll, i was referring to any hater/troll that might be reading my comment.

also i just noticed you are a girl, so it is somewhat understandable that you dont like this series considering its a shounen anime. im not saying all girls dont like shounen but the majority dont.
Jun 6, 2011 1:48 PM

Nov 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
Fuzzhx said:

So I've been told. I like comedy, and I went into Gintama knowing I was getting comedy. I kept hearing the time it was supposed to "get good" get pushed later. It started at early twenties, then went to late twenties, then went all the way to late thirties/early forties, but by episode 25 I felt I had already tortured myself enough.

And it's obvious Gintama is rated so high mostly because of how long it is, not for how good it is. If all the scores were being calculated, Gintama would likely be in the 80s or 90s, like it was when it was airing. And again, I shouldn't have to watch over 150 episodes to "get" why something is "so good".

Gintoki loves haters.
Jun 6, 2011 2:09 PM

Jun 2008
Fuzzhx said:
Redfoxoffire said:

And it's obvious Gintama is rated so high mostly because of how long it is, not for how good it is.

Not true, if this was the case, then why isnt One Piece or Bleach anywhere on the top 30?

They aren't finished yet. When One Piece finishes, I'll bet my life it ends up as #1 because you'll probably need to have seen upwards of 150 episodes for your score to count (For comparison, Gintama requires 39. While it ended at 201, OP is already past 500). Note that this only applies to MAL because of how the scoring system here works. And, of course, any site that uses a similar scoring system.

Redfoxoffire said:

i wasnt calling you a troll, i was referring to any hater/troll that might be reading my comment.

also i just noticed you are a girl, so it is somewhat understandable that you dont like this series considering its a shounen anime. im not saying all girls dont like shounen but the majority dont.

Well, I enjoyed Naruto and Bleach to a point. I still like FMA. I love Fairy Tail. There really aren't any genres I'd say I dislike as a rule.
Jun 6, 2011 2:19 PM

Jul 2010
Redfoxoffire said:

?

If that were the case, why isn't One Piece a top 5 or so anime, just to name one? [Edit as some people beat me to this, nvm -.-] Also, I do think you're pretty trollsy as
Redfoxoffire said:

I cried, too, but for very different reasons...
is just begging for some negative attention. As you'd need to make such a statement when we've all well understood you hate Gintama.

Some shows start off really cool, and begin to bore as it progresses, and with some it's the other way around. I prefer the second option.
Jun 6, 2011 2:25 PM

Nov 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
Fuzzhx said:
Redfoxoffire said:

They aren't finished yet. When One Piece finishes, I'll bet my life it ends up as #1 because you'll probably need to have seen upwards of 150 episodes for your score to count (For comparison, Gintama requires 39. While it ended at 201, OP is already past 500). Note that this only applies to MAL because of how the scoring system here works. And, of course, any site that uses a similar scoring system.

might wanna rethink that bet. id be amazed to see a series thats been out for over a decade go from 59th place to 1st. especially when anyone who actually enjoys that series has probably seen over 150 eps by now.

also your beginning to look like a troll -_-
Jun 6, 2011 2:40 PM

Apr 2011
Okaishi said:
Redfoxoffire said:

?

If that were the case, why isn't One Piece a top 5 or so anime, just to name one? [Edit as some people beat me to this, nvm -.-] Also, I do think you're pretty trollsy as .

What redfox said only applies for completed anime as the total number of episodes are set and the system is able to remove the scores for people who have watch less than 1/5 of the total episodes. It quite obvious that if the scores of people who didn't get hooked on the first episode were removed, the total score will raise. That being said there are factors that helped Gintama get a high score otherwise Naruto would've been in the top rankings as well. So redfox saying that Gintama's length accounted for most of the high score is quite ignorant on his/her part.

P.S.: One Piece completely dominates Gintama in the Manga section,
"Reality is a story the minds tells itself. An artificial structure conjured into being by the calcium ion exchange of a million synaptic fringes"
Jun 6, 2011 3:43 PM

Nov 2010
Kazei said:
Im honestly, and I mean honestly tired of all these people who look down on Gintama.
Its not even criticism, curiosity or hate.
Its juts simply people saying 'How the f**k is this anime the best anime when I dont even like it and my favourite anime is number 2'

Get over it, Gintama is the most underrated anime of all time.
If it had the same financial backing and exposure like other main stream anime such as Naruto or Bleach then Gintama would freaking rule the world, seriously, no joke.

You would see Gintama t-shirts, cups, replica's sold in every toy shop and even have Gintama strawberry milkshake.
It would a international success, not just in Japan with a audience of all ages from young to old, even people with haemorrhoids. (Inside joke)
Hollywood would be on Sorachi's a** trying to buy the rights to Gintama so they could make a english movie adaptation of it.

Seriously, as the saying goes, seeing is believing, so go see Gintama for your self.
(All of it not just the first episode or 2 and then call it a waste of time)
Then you wont be asking why is it 9.4something? You will be asking why in the blue hell isnt it a 10.

+1
Jun 6, 2011 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
doomed151 said:

ever been to a logh thread...sure gintama is highly rated and popular but its nothing compared to how logh fans are
Jun 6, 2011 3:51 PM

Nov 2010
Fuzzhx said:
Kazei said:
Im honestly, and I mean honestly tired of all these people who look down on Gintama.
Its not even criticism, curiosity or hate.
Its juts simply people saying 'How the f**k is this anime the best anime when I dont even like it and my favourite anime is number 2'

If it had the same financial backing and exposure like other main stream anime such as Naruto or Bleach then Gintama would freaking rule the world, seriously, no joke.

You would see Gintama t-shirts, cups, replica's sold in every toy shop and even have Gintama strawberry milkshake.
It would a international success, not just in Japan with a audience of all ages from young to old, even people with haemorrhoids. (Inside joke)
Hollywood would be on Sorachi's a** trying to buy the rights to Gintama so they could make a english movie adaptation of it.

Seriously, as the saying goes, seeing is believing, so go see Gintama for your self.
(All of it not just the first episode or 2 and then call it a waste of time)
Then you wont be asking why is it 9.4something? You will be asking why in the blue hell isnt it a 10.

+1

+1
Jun 6, 2011 3:56 PM

May 2010
jpem said:
doomed151 said:

ever been to a logh thread...sure gintama is highly rated and popular but its nothing compared to how logh fans are
Those LotGH fans...it's quite the sight to behold.

Anyway, fucking around aside, MAL rankings are meaningless. I already said it, Code Geass in on the first page (not to mention Death Note and Nana and Monster, but Code Geass is Code Geass), so it's not like those rankings are incredible or anything.
Jun 6, 2011 4:11 PM

Jun 2008
Okaishi said:
Redfoxoffire said:

?

If that were the case, why isn't One Piece a top 5 or so anime, just to name one? [Edit as some people beat me to this, nvm -.-] Also, I do think you're pretty trollsy as
Redfoxoffire said:

I cried, too, but for very different reasons...
is just begging for some negative attention. As you'd need to make such a statement when we've all well understood you hate Gintama.

Some shows start off really cool, and begin to bore as it progresses, and with some it's the other way around. I prefer the second option.

Read the post just above yours.

And who was it that "well understood" that I hate Gintama before I made that post? Am I famous or something?

I prefer the second option, too, but not when it takes multiple seasons worth.

Fuzzhx said:
might wanna rethink that bet. id be amazed to see a series thats been out for over a decade go from 59th place to 1st. especially when anyone who actually enjoys that series has probably seen over 150 eps by now.

It's how MAL does the scoring. Your score is only factored into the overall score if you've seen at least 1/5 of the anime, and only if the anime has finished airing. This has been seen before. When Gintama finished, it shot from ~92 to #1. I made a topic very similar to this one when that happened (I hadn't seen Gintama yet, so I wasn't hating). FMA: Brotherhood did the same thing, although I think it was around 30 before it shot up. When One Piece finishes, all those people who dropped it at <50 episodes because they hated it will no longer have their score count, and the scores that will be counted will be from almost only people who really like it and give it 8-10. It will shoot up.

How is this trolling? I'm just stating the facts.

Divinations said:
So redfox saying that Gintama's length accounted for most of the high score is quite ignorant on his/her part.

No, it's not. Read my above response. There's nothing to say Gintama shouldn't be well-rated, even in the top 50, but it's only in the top 5 because of its length.

Naruto is a different case because of how old it is. Most people saw it before joining this site since it aired on tv in North America and it's much more likely for people to either list it as Completed despite having not completed it or to list a random number that is high enough for the vote to count. There's also the 80 filler episodes at the end that drastically drop people's scores.

Kazei said:

You clearly do not know the meaning of the word "underrated."
Jun 6, 2011 4:17 PM

Feb 2010
MAL don't represent the world, imagine if Japanese and Asians starts using this site more prominently, there might just be a drastic change in rankings itself. But... why would anyone be bothered by something as trivial as popularity and ranking when it comes to selection of anime?
Jun 6, 2011 4:34 PM

Nov 2010
Redfoxoffire said:

Fuzzhx said:

It's how MAL does the scoring. Your score is only factored into the overall score if you've seen at least 1/5 of the anime, and only if the anime has finished airing. This has been seen before. When Gintama finished, it shot from ~92 to #1. I made a topic very similar to this one when that happened (I hadn't seen Gintama yet, so I wasn't hating). FMA: Brotherhood did the same thing, although I think it was around 30 before it shot up. When One Piece finishes, all those people who dropped it at <50 episodes because they hated it will no longer have their score count, and the scores that will be counted will be from almost only people who really like it and give it 8-10. It will shoot up.

How is this trolling? I'm just stating the facts.

the series doesnt have to be completed for MAL to filter out all the hater votes. every time MAL updates the scores it also filters out any user who hasnt watched more than 1/5 of the series.

and btw your officially a troll now. anyone who keeps coming back to the Gintama forum to keep "trying" to explain why Gintama is such a bad anime is a troll imo. if you hate Gintama and dont wanna look like a troll then just keep all your hate to yourself. why bother even coming here? i dont even score the anime that i drop..

and its kinda obvious that you are bothered by an unofficial top anime list of a random site and its kinda sad.
Hokuto_no_FuzzJun 6, 2011 4:39 PM
Jun 6, 2011 5:10 PM

Jun 2008
Fuzzhx said:
the series doesnt have to be completed for MAL to filter out all the hater votes. every time MAL updates the scores it also filters out any user who hasnt watched more than 1/5 of the series.

and btw your officially a troll now. anyone who keeps coming back to the Gintama forum to keep "trying" to explain why Gintama is such a bad anime is a troll imo. if you hate Gintama and dont wanna look like a troll then just keep all your hate to yourself. why bother even coming here? i dont even score the anime that i drop..

and its kinda obvious that you are bothered by an unofficial top anime list of a random site and its kinda sad.

Uh, no, you're wrong. As long as a show is still airing, all votes count. That's how MAL works. You can't just disagree with that unless you want to be completely wrong.

Point out even one place where I say Gintama is a bad anime. Just one. Seriously, at least know what I'm saying if you're going to keep up this discussion. I have not once called Gintama a bad anime (hating it is not saying it's bad). I have only said that its average score is inflated, which is absolute truth based on statistical facts. I bother coming here because I like discussion and this is something I can discuss. If you don't like it, feel free to stop responding.

I'm not bothered by the list at all, I'm annoyed at the fans who jerk off to their favorite anime hitting #1 when only the fans' opinions are being counted and feel like putting them in their place. I know how to look at the list, so it doesn't bother me one bit. And it's not like you don't care yourself; if you didn't, you wouldn't have been in this discussion from the start trying to defend your territory. Way to be the pot calling the kettle black.
Jun 6, 2011 5:35 PM

Nov 2010
If MAL registered every score before the anime is completed then Gintama' would def not be #1 right now considering all the haters who rated it a 1.. And I couldn't care less about the top list. I just feel the need to say something to ignorant haters. But I will stop this discussion now because obvious troll is obvious.
Hokuto_no_FuzzJun 6, 2011 5:40 PM
Jun 6, 2011 5:41 PM
Oct 2009
Woah, is this thing still going?

1) People take anime WAY too serious. Who cares if a certain series is number 1 in whatever site? MAL isn't even as famous as that. It certainly won't get the involved celebrities to take a peek at these threads.

2) About Gintama being awful because it doesn't get good until the...as you say, 40 something episodes...Highly subjective. Gintama, for me, started out fine, watchable and amusing. And then, Gintoki's moral lessons and fighting made it even better.

3) I find it funny that some people list Gintama's humour as "crude" and whatnot, and then I check their MAL lists to find "Highschool of the Dead", and other (to me) senseless ecchi/moeblob anime, rated quite highly too, among the 8.0 and the 7.0.

4) Haters gonna hate. Tough shi-.
Jun 6, 2011 5:43 PM

Jun 2008
Fuzzhx said:
If MAL registered all the scores after before the anime is completed then Gintama' would def not be #1 right now considering all the haters who rated it a 1.. And I couldn't care less about the top list. I just feel the need to say something to ignorant haters. But I will stop this discussion now because obvious troll is obvious.

Gintama' is rated #1 because all the people who hated Gintama don't have Gintama' on their list at all. I suspect very few people started with Gintama', resulting in its absurdly high score, because right now it's mostly hardcore fans watching (and scoring) it.

Ah, another "disagreeing = trolling" moment. It's too bad the word "trolling" tends to lose a lot of meaning these days because people get butthurt too easily when someone else doesn't see things the same way they do.

tl;dr, I have not been trolling. Learn what "trolling" really is.
Jun 6, 2011 5:50 PM

May 2010
Alright, kids. Just lay em on the table already and measure for a winner. You're way out of control.

(I won't apologize if either of yous is chicks.)
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rheine - Sep 27, 2011

73 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 9, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tomislavr7 - Feb 13, 2012

107 by wibugar »»
May 9, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tthammy - Jun 2, 2011

232 by lordgaara »»
Apr 2, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Barion-Zara - Aug 29, 2011

99 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Gintama' Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SilentTruth - Mar 5, 2012

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 5, 12:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.