Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
May 25, 2015 11:05 AM
Feb 2015
This was saeko's episode. She is such a bad ass dispite her darkside. Takashi should definitly pick her over rei :3 love how her clothes were wet too xD

Well looks like saeko is falling for him and he will be the reason she can keep on going. That boob grab was something... He could have just hugged her lmao. Well they finally made it back and got someone a little jeolous hehe
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 26, 2015 10:38 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!

I'm glad we got more Saeko this time around!!

Saeko is truly my favorite in the series. Cool and calm, but has a girly side :)

Plus voiced by Miyuki Swashiro is a HUGE plus :)

Lots of extragavanza moments! I actually thought she was traumatized because of the little children, but it seems someone tried to rape her and she fought back and enjoyed it instead.

Takashi probably kissed her to calm her down. I doubt they had sex since he couldn't even do it to Rei(but that was in the mansion with people), so it maybe implied they did it, but i don't know.

Eh the skirt thing. She was just fixing it. it would be more believable if Takashi has his clothes all damped or his pants very loose.

Love Saeko!! And I finally she used a katana!! Don't know why she's stuck using the wooden sword when your in a life or death situation like this.

Takagi is jealous seeing Saeko and Takashi holding hands. Rei would have gone yandere mode if she saw that :P

Can't wait for the next episode! Last 3 episodes left T__T

I don't want to end this!
Jul 29, 2015 6:19 AM

Jan 2014
Booooooring!
Aug 1, 2015 5:14 AM
Jul 2015
That was freaking awesome. BUT why do they have to SKIP the "SEX SCENE" I mean really it can be totally seen how Saeko is pregnent !!! And that Takashi Gets away after grabbing a breast of a man killer only by his love words.
Oct 31, 2015 1:05 PM

Jan 2010
I know I'm gonna regret this, but...uh...speaking for real here, how did Saeko get supersoaked while Takeshi's completely dry from that splash? And twice at that? I mean, I know why it happened, but...eh...It's a petty thing to be bothered by, but I suppose it's not as bad as why she's wearing heels during all this. I'm not even sure why I just noticed that. Also, Saeko breaking down at the end, and could only be snapped out of it by having her breasts groped really hard being yelled at? Well...sure. It's hard to not constantly question things, I'm just gonna let this roll or else I'm never gonna get through HOTD in one weekend.
Dec 7, 2015 9:44 AM

Jan 2012
that's what i am talking about .

Dec 17, 2015 6:37 PM
Dec 2015
I HATE THAT F*CKING REI.I want to know if she will die.I want that fucking bitch REI to die FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.He should be with SAEKO not that bitch REI
Dec 24, 2015 10:44 PM
Jan 2012
Okay, I was researching, comparing and deducing this topic of "Whether Saeko and Takashi had sex?" for 2 hours. My conclusion is that there were no sex happened in the temple.

My argument is, if they already had sex that night, they shouldn't go through the "Takashi becomes Saeko's reason to live" scene. It's true that they were very intimate in the anime scene, but the MOST that they could gone of is a KISS. Also, Saeko is also fixing her skirt the next morning in the manga scene (it's actually the belt of her katana), but there were no implications of intimacy. Therefore, using that scene as an evidence of sex happened that night is unreliable.

My theory is open for any objections and corrections.

Manga Reference:
http://www.mangareader.net/high-school-of-the-dead/17/19
http://www.mangareader.net/high-school-of-the-dead/17/20

Anime Reference:
17:20 of Episode 09.
Dec 27, 2015 4:04 PM

Feb 2013
Aversa said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They skipped the sex scene!!
Anyway great episode i really loved the way Seako handled her sword.
And with her dark personality she gained some points on attractiveness

Lol there obviously was no sex scene, oh you perverted ones these days...
Jan 19, 2016 2:41 AM
May 2015
Seriously, this anime is trying very hard to be the worst anime.
Jul 15, 2016 2:48 PM

Jan 2016
First thing first LOVE the music in this episode, really excellent sound choice, i mean it really had every thing, the ending fighting scene n about Saeko's past and about her being a sadist or wha ever ^^

Ans Seriously takashi.. Just do her! again? ( unless he just kissed her xD)
Well interesting episode , and rather amusing. Wonder what will happen next, some crazy parents from what is was in the preview xD
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 23, 2016 12:33 PM
Oct 2009
Takashi has feelings for Rei, but he's also developing feelings for Saeko that seem to be progressing rapidly.

And since sex was mentioned, I find it interesting that as they lean in to kiss, the screen fades to black (which has been used to imply sex), that just before they leave the next morning, as Takashi's checkin for zombies, Saeko is PUTTING HER SKIRT ON, when she was clearly wearing it the previous night before they leaned in to kiss as the screen faded to black. Hmm, now why would her skirt be off after cutting to morning after they kiss and it fades to black?That's a pretty strong implication. And Saeko also asks him to "take responsibility", which is a very commonly used phrase in anime and manga after "something" happens between two charcters.

It's also very common two people will turn to comfort sex in dangerous or stressful situations. And even though Takashi does have feelings for Rei, they're not together, and Takashi is developing feelings for Saeko too, and she for him. At this point, both girls are pretty much competeing for him, especially since their options are somewhat limited now that the world is dead.

As far as I'm concerned, even though they didn't show "anything" happening between Takashi and Saeko at the shrine (and they VERY rarely ever do in anime), I thought it implied well enough that they did in fact sleep together. The emotional moment before they leaned in to kiss before fading to black, Saeko finishing getting dressed the next morning when she was fully dressed the night before, her comment of "taking responsibility", it was pretty obvious to me what happened.

There's also a hentai manga that shows just what went on between the two at the shrine. Even though I know those mangas aren't canon, it could easily fit between the fade out and morning scene.
moviefanAug 23, 2016 12:48 PM
Dec 31, 2016 12:10 AM

May 2016
So Takashi likes making girls wet she also enjoys it xD, that sword fight scene was amusing nothing special happened except they cut the sex scene if there was any who knows.
Feb 4, 2017 6:27 AM
Oct 2015
why did saeko ask takashi if he will take responsibility? did they have sex?
Feb 6, 2017 12:12 PM

Feb 2017
3/10 worse anime evah

my heart is in pain watching this crap. But when i start an anime i finish it till the end.

well 2 more to go till im released
Jul 11, 2017 1:12 PM
Feb 2017
moviefan said:
Takashi has feelings for Rei, but he's also developing feelings for Saeko that seem to be progressing rapidly.

And since sex was mentioned, I find it interesting that as they lean in to kiss, the screen fades to black (which has been used to imply sex), that just before they leave the next morning, as Takashi's checkin for zombies, Saeko is PUTTING HER SKIRT ON, when she was clearly wearing it the previous night before they leaned in to kiss as the screen faded to black. Hmm, now why would her skirt be off after cutting to morning after they kiss and it fades to black?That's a pretty strong implication. And Saeko also asks him to "take responsibility", which is a very commonly used phrase in anime and manga after "something" happens between two charcters.

It's also very common two people will turn to comfort sex in dangerous or stressful situations. And even though Takashi does have feelings for Rei, they're not together, and Takashi is developing feelings for Saeko too, and she for him. At this point, both girls are pretty much competeing for him, especially since their options are somewhat limited now that the world is dead.

As far as I'm concerned, even though they didn't show "anything" happening between Takashi and Saeko at the shrine (and they VERY rarely ever do in anime), I thought it implied well enough that they did in fact sleep together. The emotional moment before they leaned in to kiss before fading to black, Saeko finishing getting dressed the next morning when she was fully dressed the night before, her comment of "taking responsibility", it was pretty obvious to me what happened.

There's also a hentai manga that shows just what went on between the two at the shrine. Even though I know those mangas aren't canon, it could easily fit between the fade out and morning scene.
devs already confirmed nothing happen.
Aug 3, 2017 9:37 AM

Jan 2017
Well, Saeko was a psicopat. I would take care about her, she may be dangerous.
Karasuno Fight!!!
Aug 26, 2017 10:22 AM

Jul 2017
someone please explain what that boob grab was all about? how did that motivate her? are they just throwing fanservice around for the sake of it?!
Sep 14, 2017 9:01 AM

Jun 2016
I love how Saeko can be overly cute, but such a fucking badass at the same time. Ugh. She's literally goals. I love her so much. She can be a walking fanservice, but I'll still love her and will not whine about the fanservice. Lmfao. She's so gorgeous I can't and Miyukichi's voice is really helping. KYAAAAAA!

Takashi looked so disappointed when Saeko said she likes someone. Pfffffft!

HOLY SHIT! THEY FUCKING KISSED, RIGHT? THEY HAD SEX? HAHAHAHAHA. TI THINK I SHIP TAKASHI AND SAEKO NOW. WAAAAH! I HOPE HE REALIZE THAT SAEKO >>>>>>>> REI <- A PIECE OF SHIT. WAAAAAAAAAAAAH! FUCK FUCK FUCK. I'M SCREAAAAAMING! EEEEEEEEEEEK!

"I think you're the coolest girl I've ever met!" WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! They look so good together. Haaaaalp!

"You will take responsibility, right?" What does she mean BY THAT? WHAAAAAT. I CAN'T CHILL! WAAAAAH!

THE BEST AND MY FAVORITE EPISODE FOR ME! WAAAAAH.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 1, 2018 1:45 PM

Jan 2014
Don't get me wrong, I know I shouldn't be focussing on these things, but there were two perfectly good swords in that temple, probably antiques too. TWO swords,.. and they took only one. So triggered (>.<)

Chris_Makise said:
I mean really it can be totally seen how Saeko is pregnent !!!

Cattlefeces; how in the world can you see that the bloody day after?
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
May 15, 2018 9:48 AM

Nov 2014
Boring Sword girl continues to be boring, only this time there's no Sgt Chubbs to equalize things.

That breast grab made no sense.
Oct 15, 2018 7:26 AM
Apr 2018
They never had sex, even after all these years people never get into their heads smh.
They just kissed which is not even supposed to be there in the manga.
The studio literally rushed up the episodes and created the image for just the fan service.

Also the responsibility part was where she asks him to accept her dark side which takashi said be needs to in order to survive this world.
People still didnt understand the scene till date , even after developers and manga confirmed.
Nov 25, 2018 12:59 AM
Oct 2009
OMG, I'm going to make this very clear and very simple since people don't seem to get it:

Did Takashi and Saeko have sex?
Yes, yes, they did. We know for certain that they kissed. The fading the black afterwards is a common indicator that a sex scene happened. But what happens is the next scene is the big kicker. As Takshi and Saeko were leaving the shrine, Saeko is clearly seen in the background finishing putting her skirt on. And she was wearing her skirt the previous night. In fact, she had just out her school clothes on again after having them dried out before she told her past to Takashi, which led to the implied sex scene.

What's up with the boob grabbing?
It was Takashi's way of showing that he has a darker side to that takes pleasure in causing pain. This had been one of Saeko's biggest insecurities, that she gets off on causing pain, and she was afraid that there was something wrong with her because of it, making her feel like she was un worthy of things like love. This was why she froze when she saw the zombie children, because she was afraid of letting Takashi see her take enjoyment in slaughtering undead children. Takashi admitted that ever since the zombie apocalypse started, he too has developed a darker side. Saeko's concern over this was that he only became that way after everything happened, but she was that way before it all. He was trying to let her know that it didn't mater if it was before or after, this was how he was now, and they both needed their darkness in order to survive, which is why he tried to convince her not to fight against hers anymore. Him grabbing her breast like that was a way of showing her his darkness by taking pleasure in pain.

Was it just for survival?
This may get a little confusing because the dub botched up what Takashi said a bit. The dub has him say that he embraced Saeko's darkness because it meant it would make his chances for survival increase. The sub and the manga however, has him say that he embraced her darkness, just like he embraced everything else that was happening, because that's what they needed to do to survive. They all had to let out their inner darkness, her and him, and accept that this was just the way things were now.

Takashi x Saeko?
Despite Takashi's relationship with Rei, the series writer said that he was going to have Takashi and Saeko get together in the end, however, he didn't know how he was going to go about doing it yet, and he, sadly, died before the manga, and by extension the anime, ended. Maybe Rei des, or maybe Takashi simply chooses Saeko over her, who knows? I suspect the former as dealing with Rei's death would serve as a character development arc for Takashi. But since the manga was dropped we'll never know how they end up together, only that they do.
Jun 26, 2019 12:46 PM

Oct 2013
Am I blind or did we had a sex scene skipped? :( Ehh, I guess that's "the beauty of censorship"...

Saeko is way better girl for Takashi than Reo in my opinion.

LMAO that encouragement.through rough groping of a tit was not necessary. xD

Alice and Zeke were too loud. I know they were happy to see Takashi and Saeko return alive and safe, but it ain't the old world anymore so reactions must change as well.
Jul 30, 2019 9:20 AM

Feb 2019
Komuro out here getting all the girls xD
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Nov 19, 2019 12:36 AM

Mar 2018
Sexual Sadism was of course what she had, because that's totally not overdone in edgy anime. And the main character doesn't realize she should get help, he just fucking accepts it, because potentially dangerous mental illnesses should be welcomed with loving arms, of course.

This show...
Feb 19, 2020 12:45 PM

Jan 2016
Takashi and Saeko best duo imo.. Fuck Rei.

Also they 100% fuqqed
May 6, 2020 8:27 AM
Feb 2016
This anime is so laughably bad. Worst episode yet.
Jun 11, 2020 3:16 PM
Feb 2020
Theres a very well known PG rated movie, It's a movie for people of all ages. A character towards the end of the film sees another character do something and says... x did that on purpose.

Saeko (from her own words) we know can act scared and nervous when she is actually as calm as ice. That scene, outside the temple. Great Acting Saeko.

Takashi and Saeko are both as bad as one another in how they manipulated and attempted to manipulated one another this episode.

Re: Saeko's Crush:

Takagi called Saeko out on it back on the bus and She outed herself when she said the only person she gives af over in Japan is Takashi. And she outed herself again in the tank truck when she was drooling with her head in Takashi's lap.

In this ep. By the end of the ep it's super obvious who her crush is. And the scene in the morning was to get him to 'save her' and he did so with the 'bedroom voice' she requested earlier in the episode at the little island and by *cough* holding her.

If you remember the scene back at the apartment when she was in the kitchen she said to Takashi, some times a girl will put on an act to draw a guy in (or something like that).

Btw it was obvious as early as episode 1 or 2 Saeko is dark and gets off on violence.

Q. Why were the zombies shuffling up to the door of that place but not yet close to the door of that place when a sleepy looking Takagi opened the door?

A. Because Saeko went outside before Takagi to make some noise.

We didn't see any animals or running machinery or birds circling or hear them chirping.

Also. The man she led into the alley and beat to death. Her father would have known, because he trained her, that she put on an act for the man and she put on an act for the police.

Saeko mentions her father is distant from her. He is at his Dojo. It's not hard to see why a Master Samurai or Master Ninja would be unhappy with his child using the techniques handed down to her to bring the attention of the police to their family.
Oct 7, 2020 9:48 PM
Apr 2020
Fang-tan said:
I really didn't want to end up with Saeko so I didn't enjoy this episode this much. Especially since it revealed things about Saeko I liked and then things I didn't.

You know what's probably the worst? Even thought they had this episode he'll still end up with Rei.

Well, that's good for me because I want them to but not for Saeko fans I guess.
We have the same thought.
Dec 5, 2020 3:53 AM
Apr 2019
Holy shit,this episode was fucking amazing ! and man she got wet by killing those zombies ! Ufff,fuck i love ecchi ...
Aug 10, 2021 4:19 PM

Jan 2016
This ep was a strange one. Him asking her if she had a crush and then her being like "You asking me if I had a crush opened my eyes about my love for killing" was WTF. Then they kissed and killed some zombies but not without the weird camera angles.
Sep 8, 2021 3:10 PM

Jul 2021
everything that happened this episode aside, why was he gripping her boob so hard that looked like it hurt
Feb 14, 2022 2:54 PM

Jul 2016
And that's how you ruin the only somewhat "decent" female character you had in your series. Sexual sadism? Really?
Mar 13, 2022 2:54 PM

Jul 2019
This was the best ep so far with only these two characters, others are bunch of annoying ones, fat guy is somewhat ok. But i didn't like the last sentence, was he telling lie to survive.
Apr 19, 2022 10:16 PM
Apr 2021
Yo what does he mean by doing it "in order to survive"? Does this mean everything he said about Saeko was a lie? Was it just a translation error? This is driving me insane please tell me
Feb 2, 2023 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
I guess Rei is going to have some competition with Saeko. I didn't expect Saeko to have a crazy side to her. And that motivational speech Takashi gave Saeko while grabbing her boob killed me lol. My man has to be gentle with the boobies.
Apr 29, 2023 2:55 AM

Feb 2022
Takashi finally become a MAN! I knew it, they will get together with Saeko.
May 18, 2023 4:27 AM
Jul 2017
Now this is where Takashi truly becomes a man. He makes Saeko his girlfriend and fucks her in the shrine. Saeko is the best girl in the series. A samurai like Tomoe Gozen wielding a sword. And she's a yandere.
Sep 14, 2023 6:23 AM

Nov 2017
Saeko’s flashback is very interesting!
Oct 1, 2023 12:23 PM

Dec 2022
So, why didn't Saeko attack the child zombies? If she's as much of a "sadist" as she's implied to be, then why didn't she kill them? Even when she was asked at the shrine, Saeko evaded the question to go on a tangent about injuring some guy who tried to rape her years ago. Being paralysed when faced with child zombies is of real concern for someone in this scenario. A threat is a threat, no matter the age.

I sense a love triangle between Takashi, Saeko and Rei now.

realswagmoney said:
everything that happened this episode aside, why was he gripping her boob so hard that looked like it hurt

Probably an unusual method of motivation tailored specifically for her, since someone trying to molest her in the flashback was enough incentive to kill him. Thus, grabbing the tits gave her a boost of bloodlust.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 16, 7:45 PM

Dec 2022
very good romantic episode and there needed to be a hentai scene between them, the implication was insufficient for my fulfillment
Apr 25, 11:17 PM
Feb 2022
Saeko best girl, it was way more than just a kiss, it seems. Love it <3
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.