Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Mar 29, 2012 6:25 PM

Jul 2011
AironicallyHuman said:
It isn't about which pairing would make for the ideal couple: it's about how entertaining it would be for Takashi to screw all of his harem and then have them attempt to remove his penis for revenge. I'm thinking of what's best for HotD, really, and it'd be best if there's lots of sex/death in the last two episodes.

I forgot to add this before: Takashi and Saeko had their arms wrapped around each other when they reached the mansion. I can't remember if they did when they reached the supermarket of boredom (+1 for the anime ending before that) in the manga, also?

And, for a lil' extra, here's what happened in the shrine during the dead of night, for those interested: http://g.e-hentai.org/s/885e42f7e2/267841-5

woah i just went to the website and i see that!!! just woah thats all i have to say is woah
Apr 8, 2012 7:08 PM
Apr 2012
Been watching and really enjoying the series till Episode 9...

Looked to me that the animation was different, the characters were drawn more "cartoon'ish"? Not sure what the official term might be.

And the script/dialog seemed far more confusing and nonsensical to me...watched the sub & dub and both seemed "different"...and both Takashi & Saeko seemed to act out of character imo

So I hit "google" to see if I could find any mention of the episode, any forum chatter about irregularities and such and found this thread.

Really surprised that no one is talking about the change in animation quality.

I haven't read the manga so I can't compare and contrast with that, but I have to say I really dis-liked this particular episode...which came as quite a shock after really enjoying the show thus far.

I guess I'll go ahead and try Ep. 10 and see what I think, would be a shame to quite now so close to the end of Season 1...but the thought has crossed my mind sadly.

Can anyone here see and acknowledge the differences I'm talking about? If so is there a known reason?

Just curious...

I think something like this might of happened on Black Lagoon as well but I'd have to go and look at the episodes again to be sure.

Anyway, not trying to offend any or all who enjoyed the episode. It was just a surprise and I personally didn't care for the changes and was looking for any similar reactions and/or reasons ;)

Thanks & Regards 2 All

MC
Apr 8, 2012 7:12 PM
Mar 2012
MrCairo said:
Been watching and really enjoying the series till Episode 9...

Looked to me that the animation was different, the characters were drawn more "cartoon'ish"? Not sure what the official term might be.

And the script/dialog seemed far more confusing and nonsensical to me...watched the sub & dub and both seemed "different"...and both Takashi & Saeko seemed to act out of character imo

So I hit "google" to see if I could find any mention of the episode, any forum chatter about irregularities and such and found this thread.

Really surprised that no one is talking about the change in animation quality.

I haven't read the manga so I can't compare and contrast with that, but I have to say I really dis-liked this particular episode...which came as quite a shock after really enjoying the show thus far.

I guess I'll go ahead and try Ep. 10 and see what I think, would be a shame to quite now so close to the end of Season 1...but the thought has crossed my mind sadly.

Can anyone here see and acknowledge the differences I'm talking about? If so is there a known reason?

Just curious...

I think something like this might of happened on Black Lagoon as well but I'd have to go and look at the episodes again to be sure.

Anyway, not trying to offend any or all who enjoyed the episode. It was just a surprise and I personally didn't care for the changes and was looking for any similar reactions and/or reasons ;)

Thanks & Regards 2 All

MC

I personally did not notice any animation changes/differences in this episode. And Takashi and Saeko act "differently" in this episode compared to earlier episodes because this episode is supposed to dive deeper into the psyche of both of them (more for Saeko), so it is natural that as you uncover new personality traits... things seem... out of place.
Apr 8, 2012 7:35 PM
Apr 2012
SteezAwesomeness said:

I personally did not notice any animation changes/differences in this episode. And Takashi and Saeko act "differently" in this episode compared to earlier episodes because this episode is supposed to dive deeper into the psyche of both of them (more for Saeko), so it is natural that as you uncover new personality traits... things seem... out of place.

Ok, thx for replying :)

I just went back and scanned through Ep. 8...and I guess you're right. The animation is pretty much the same. Maybe it's the way they drew the facial scenes when they were on the "island"...a lot of shock and startled faces, seemed more than normal I thought.

But to be honest it had been a while since I'd watched Ep.8 and I guess my mind was playing a trick on me to a degree.

I still think the way they began "interacting" (Takashi and Saeko) with each other was handled strangely...perhaps it's a cultural thing, not sure. Or perhaps it's just me lol

Ok, well...I'll go ahead and watch ep.10 and see what I think ;)

Maybe I was just in a weird mood when I watched it last...

Thx again for the quick reply!

Regards

MC
Apr 9, 2012 9:39 AM
Mar 2012
MrCairo said:
SteezAwesomeness said:

Ok, thx for replying :)

I just went back and scanned through Ep. 8...and I guess you're right. The animation is pretty much the same. Maybe it's the way they drew the facial scenes when they were on the "island"...a lot of shock and startled faces, seemed more than normal I thought.

But to be honest it had been a while since I'd watched Ep.8 and I guess my mind was playing a trick on me to a degree.

I still think the way they began "interacting" (Takashi and Saeko) with each other was handled strangely...perhaps it's a cultural thing, not sure. Or perhaps it's just me lol

Ok, well...I'll go ahead and watch ep.10 and see what I think ;)

Maybe I was just in a weird mood when I watched it last...

Thx again for the quick reply!

Regards

MC

wait until you watch the OVA "13th" episode. I want to hear your reaction about that xD!!!
Jun 6, 2012 7:24 PM

May 2012
SteezAwesomeness said:
GuZ said:
So basically they have no problem showing us naked asses and boobs bouncing all over but when there's kisses they have to leave them out like regular romantic development was below them? Fail logic. Oh, and loved seeing Saeko go crazy when fighting the zombies in the end. "I'm so wet!" made me lol.

"You'll take responsibility, right?" while blushing that much even implied that something more than a kiss happened between them even though it's unlikely. Think it's stupid though when such a brainless ecchi heavy show leaves it completely up to the imagination when something actually happens.

My favourite episode so far I think but I can't help but reeaaaally wish that they would have toned down the dumb and awkward fanservice that drags down the overall impression so much.

Yea, I don't understand why they need to hide all the kissing scenes. First in episode 6 when rei and takashi were getting it on. Then here in the temple with saeko. its as if the raw intimacy is too much, but the tit jiggling isn't. lol. oh well. just a little complaint.

Nah, I don't think Takashi went BALLS DEEP with saeko. Notice how in the OVA, Saeko says some things that obviously is evidence that they only made out in the temple (I won't explain any further in case you haven't watched the OVA yet which is basically the 13th episode).

Hmmmm, although everybody agrees the fanservice is excessive, I don't think HOTD would be HOTD without it. If there was no fan service, the show would just be another depressing zombie apocalypse (we have The Walking Dead for that). If there was moderate fan service, it wouldn't be as hilarious.

You see, the reason why I love the show is because the Ecchi fan service contrasts so well with the deep, meaningful, philosophical, emotional, and relatively realistic plot/character development/character motives/interactions.

dont compare the OVA because the wholse story in OVA is not really happening in the manga.. that OVA is not actually a sequell ..

Jun 6, 2012 7:27 PM
Mar 2012
DarkTemptation said:
SteezAwesomeness said:
GuZ said:
So basically they have no problem showing us naked asses and boobs bouncing all over but when there's kisses they have to leave them out like regular romantic development was below them? Fail logic. Oh, and loved seeing Saeko go crazy when fighting the zombies in the end. "I'm so wet!" made me lol.

"You'll take responsibility, right?" while blushing that much even implied that something more than a kiss happened between them even though it's unlikely. Think it's stupid though when such a brainless ecchi heavy show leaves it completely up to the imagination when something actually happens.

My favourite episode so far I think but I can't help but reeaaaally wish that they would have toned down the dumb and awkward fanservice that drags down the overall impression so much.

Yea, I don't understand why they need to hide all the kissing scenes. First in episode 6 when rei and takashi were getting it on. Then here in the temple with saeko. its as if the raw intimacy is too much, but the tit jiggling isn't. lol. oh well. just a little complaint.

Nah, I don't think Takashi went BALLS DEEP with saeko. Notice how in the OVA, Saeko says some things that obviously is evidence that they only made out in the temple (I won't explain any further in case you haven't watched the OVA yet which is basically the 13th episode).

Hmmmm, although everybody agrees the fanservice is excessive, I don't think HOTD would be HOTD without it. If there was no fan service, the show would just be another depressing zombie apocalypse (we have The Walking Dead for that). If there was moderate fan service, it wouldn't be as hilarious.

You see, the reason why I love the show is because the Ecchi fan service contrasts so well with the deep, meaningful, philosophical, emotional, and relatively realistic plot/character development/character motives/interactions.

dont compare the OVA because the wholse story in OVA is not really happening in the manga.. that OVA is not actually a sequell ..

well in the manga, there was never an "intimate" thing going on between saeko and takashi in the shrine. this "kissing + ?" scene only happened in the anime. thus since the OVA is made by the same people (Madhouse), it's safe to assume their intentions are the same throughout. And the hallucination/trip saeko was going through in the forest suggests takashi did not go balls deep in the shrine. lol
Jun 7, 2012 8:43 PM

May 2012
SteezAwesomeness said:
DarkTemptation said:
SteezAwesomeness said:
GuZ said:

well in the manga, there was never an "intimate" thing going on between saeko and takashi in the shrine. this "kissing + ?" scene only happened in the anime. thus since the OVA is made by the same people (Madhouse), it's safe to assume their intentions are the same throughout. And the hallucination/trip saeko was going through in the forest suggests takashi did not go balls deep in the shrine. lol

They dont need to animate everything in manga as long as the story is happening.. The OVA of yours is not related to manga. remember the ending of HOTD(in anime ep.12) they are at the front of the shopping town.. how the hell they went to an island??? if your really watching the anime and reading the manga u know what im saying..

Jun 7, 2012 9:14 PM
Mar 2012
DarkTemptation said:
SteezAwesomeness said:
DarkTemptation said:
SteezAwesomeness said:
GuZ said:

They dont need to animate everything in manga as long as the story is happening.. The OVA of yours is not related to manga. remember the ending of HOTD(in anime ep.12) they are at the front of the shopping town.. how the hell they went to an island??? if your really watching the anime and reading the manga u know what im saying..

I know that the OVA does not follow the manga or the general story of the anime. What I'm saying is this "intimate" scene between takashi + saeko that everybody is debating about was nothing but a kiss as the animators pointed out in their OVA through the words of saeko. The kiss never even happened in the manga. No hanky panky yet, although it would be HILARIOUS if we see one in the upcoming chapters or season (if they ever come out -_-).
Jun 7, 2012 9:18 PM
Mar 2012
RionX said:
dvl_ said:
IMO, Saeko's the best HOTD girl, especially now that we know her "dark moe" side, she's so awesome because of it.

I have to disagree with you completely . I don't see at all how Saeko represents the "best person" because i already went through the whole "killing makes me horny" thing, and that's the first reason. Again, you might find it sexy or hott, but it's kind of hard to look objectively at a people in general and say that one trait of the best girls is that they get wet when they hurt people.

Becides,her desire to hurt and kill others for her own enjoyment comes the closest to making her evil and it makes her a Candidate for sacrifice...So i'm not happy to see Saeko's dark side.And I won't be surprised if she will sacrifice her life to protect the team in the end of manga...

The second reason though is that she's sexually manipulative, and she even admits it herself. (You should read manga and you'll understand what i am talking about). I remember that whole deal about her saying that she doesn't intend to let the guys forget that she's a woman (she doesn't seem to distinguish between Takashi and Hirano when she says that either, meaning she's going to be flaunting to BOTH of them). In context you might call it "sexual healing", but I'm having a tough time after that scene deciding which of her advances are legitimate and which ones are driven by that "sexual healing", which is decidedly unsexy. Makes her a great character, but not the best one.

I wouldn't call any of hotd character "the best one".Everybody has his or her own issues.

IMHO...

very insightful. nice to see this amidst all the "omg saeko is a hot babe" comments.
Jun 16, 2012 3:48 PM

Mar 2012
Wow Saeko is such a hottie ;o
Aug 15, 2012 10:44 PM
Aug 2012
Great episode. Pretty sure they banged. Saeko was fixing her skirt, and obviously something made noise during the night to attract zombies... Probably hot, steamy sex.

Kinda sad when Takashi basically said he's using her at the end. :/
Aug 24, 2012 7:09 PM

Aug 2008
they have been doing it all night, all night

Takeshi is such pimp "I was only using her" haha

when she said "I am WET" at end i so roflcopter of chair.
Sep 30, 2012 6:58 PM

Sep 2012
Zombies rolling down the stairs...
Saeko-san... making my blood boil... I love her!
Implied sex scene... I totally envy Komuro!
Awesome episode though.
Oct 3, 2012 4:59 AM

May 2012
We all know what happened that night :p Nice episode either way it's good that there is some romance in this as well!
Oct 15, 2012 4:37 AM
Oct 2012
I'm glad for Takashi and Saeko, I expected that.
Feb 7, 2013 10:29 AM
Jan 2010
They fucked, right?
I think they did because what else could draw the zombies in? huh? HUH?
brown cockroach bitch gonna be jealous

also saeko
more like psyaecho am i right
Feb 11, 2013 1:28 PM
Mar 23, 2013 3:02 PM

Mar 2013
At last a real sword, I've been waiting for this since the 1st episode.
Mar 31, 2013 12:51 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode
4.5/5
Apr 1, 2013 1:34 PM
Jul 2012
Bleh this episode is way too damn slow.
Way too distracting.
lame episode
sakeo is shit
1/5
LegendGoldDarkApr 1, 2013 1:44 PM
Apr 1, 2013 1:46 PM
Jul 2012
Maidloid said:
I really didn't want to end up with Saeko so I didn't enjoy this episode this much. Especially since it revealed things about Saeko I liked and then things I didn't.

You know what's probably the worst? Even thought they had this episode he'll still end up with Rei.

Well, that's good for me because I want them to but not for Saeko fans I guess.

This. Sakeo is way too overated because of this episode.
May 6, 2013 12:34 AM

May 2012
Well this episode was full of bull shit moments lol not that it was bad but a lot of things pissed me off and every one of them had 2 do with Takashi "I accepted her darkness, I accepted everything about her" ..... Takashi so you aren't just some bastard that goes around screaming for no fucking reason "of course it was in order for me to survive" ................. FUCCKKKKKK!!!! Also where the fuck did the tit grabbing idea come from? god damn Takashi.
Lol Saeko was awesome though I kinda feel sorry for her she should have fallen for Hirano!!! he is a bad ass.
Altay545May 6, 2013 12:39 AM

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
May 28, 2013 7:25 PM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
That had to be my favorite episode yet. I thought it was really cool seeing Saeko and Takashi fighting against all those zombies while at the same time getting closer to each other. I think they would work out being together better than him and Rei. I like Saeko's edginess lol. Especially after she got done slashing through all those zombies at the end and she's like "I'M WET" lol. Before that Takashi was gripping her tits REALLY hard trying to give her moral support. I don't know what the fuck that was about, but this episode was awesome. I didn't know there's a supposed sex scene in this episode and that's definitely something that I would've liked to see. Something tells me the next episode is going to be really boring and irrelevant.

Jun 25, 2013 11:05 PM

Jun 2013
I love Saeko, she's my favorite character but I'd dread it if she were ever to end up with Takashi. IMO, she deserves better. Something about Takashi pisses me off, Saeko's too good for him.
臭い-
Aug 3, 2013 12:58 AM

Jun 2013
saeko FTW!!! wish they would have shown some softcore there. technically they fucked twice in this episode, in the barn and then after they cleared the zombies. she didnt tell him to take responsibility for no reason. obviously she got wet killin zumbahs so he had to do what he had to do and i wish i was him there.

Sep 11, 2013 2:57 AM

Apr 2013
Awww, cute ending. :3

Really good episode after all.
Nov 8, 2013 5:37 PM

May 2013
He literally just SQUEEZED, not grab, squeez. poor girl
Feb 11, 2014 4:30 AM
Feb 2014
I actually love Saeko because she's just so awesome. But if she ended up with Takashi? I totally disagree on that! Saeko's too awesome to end up with Takashi, a jerk who loves Rei.. -.-
Mar 6, 2014 6:04 AM
May 2012
Re-watching.
Damn, my man Takashi made Saeko wet and then kissed her and then I think fucked her and then fucking squeezed her tits and then agreed that he will take responsibility and then he fucking said that shit "of course, it was in order for me to survive". WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!?!?! you motherfucking player ahahaha. Saeko is so hot, sexy and adorable; I really like matured yet has a cute side kind of girl (though Saeko has a dark side, but that's cool) Saeko getting wet while killing the zombies was awesome ahahaha.

Zombie_Takashi said:
Episode 9 was awesome, Takashi and Saeko make a great couple but what he said in the end about accepting her darkness so he could survive killed the romantic mood somewhat.

But still I think Takashi does care deeply for Saeko. Even if he accepted her darkness to survive he was still able to understand her pain and I don't believe he lied when he said he said the part about admiring her despite her flaws.

I agree with you man; many people here in the forums said that the kiss, this Saeko and Takashi thing didn't happen in the Manga though. Well, I am going to read the Manga anyway.

somaslurpee said:
Great episode. Pretty sure they banged. Saeko was fixing her skirt, and obviously something made noise during the night to attract zombies... Probably hot, steamy sex.

Kinda sad when Takashi basically said he's using her at the end. :/
lakisa said:
they have been doing it all night, all night

Takeshi is such pimp "I was only using her" haha

when she said "I am WET" at end i so roflcopter of chair.
StardustReverie said:
They fucked, right?
I think they did because what else could draw the zombies in? huh? HUH?
brown cockroach bitch gonna be jealous

also saeko
more like psyaecho am i right

You three are so fucking rads ahahaha, of course that is the reason why the zombies arrived ahahaha. I agree with the three of you.

Saeko really got the "sword", if you know what I mean.
So far, I think this is my longest episode forum discussion post yet.
TengaiMar 6, 2014 6:24 AM
Mar 17, 2014 5:01 AM

Mar 2013
There is a huge debate in regards to if Saeko and Takashi had sex here in Episode 9.

In the manga chapter 17, they probably didn't share a kiss, and likely didn't have sex. There is still the question of what loud noises could have drawn the zombies to them, why Saeko is shown adjusting her skirt(could be due to getting wrinkled while sleeping, or equally likely that she didnt wear it during the night, for whatever reason...), why Takashi had no qualms squeezing Saeko's tits (especially since before the night in question he was very shy around her in sexually charged situations), and the confession that ensued while fondling her, and finally the aftereffect of all this with Saeko asking him to take responsibility. Also clearly Takashi had an interest in her previously based on prying into her love life, with the obvious intention of seeing if the coast was clear. When they get to the Mansion they are clearly displaying physical affection, which is noted by Takagi and immediately sours her previously jubilant mood in regards to Takashi surviving. Still in the manga most would agree it's unlikely they had sex there, since more hints would have let us know of the development.

However the Anime is another matter. There is no doubt that at the least kissing and sexual activity ensued, as implied by the significantly long black screen pause following their kiss. All the points above which are shown and emphasized in the anime, including the more obvious confession(the additional line "I think you are the best/coolest woman I know) while vigorously stimulating her breasts and getting her juices running for the ensuing battle, serve to reinforce the blatantly obvious direction in the Anime of them having had sex.

With all this proof in tow, there is NO DOUBT that in the Anime Cannon THEY HAD SEX. Sure thats a loose and liberal interpretation of the manga, but throughout the 12 episodes nearly everything was adapted faithfully. On this tangent the anime decided to appeal to the overwhelming public support of Saeko x Takashi. Even in the slim chance that the manga eventually foolishly decides to not have this as a final ship, that will not retroactively change the Anime's reality where Saeko and Takashi did have sex. The anime would have little trouble adapting the (imaginary and highly unlikely) subideal pairing of something like Rei x Takashi, since there was nothing questionable about Saeko and Takashi having sex earlier. He most assuredly WAS NOT with Rei, nor committed to her in any written or even oral agreement. Rei also has no grounds to chastise him for being with another woman, as she already is guilty of choosing and being with his best friend, not too mention constantly bombarding and comparing Takashi unfavorably to her Hisashi.

Still some Rei shippers and the obstinately ignorant fools will try to deny what happened in the Anime. Their claims lack any substance, with their best and only semi-logical counter being that the manga didn't go so far. Unfortunately for them even if in the manga they didn't have sex, that has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on the Anime. The most recent supposed counter is from the filler OVA, which clearly is a fan service special that doesn't follow any of the anime rules/cannon (i.e they never were on the island, and the zombies "attacking" Takashi clearly didn't follow their normal rules and characteristics and were just used as a gag). In the delusional orgy, where no one is in their right mind, supposedly Saeko's line "I've always wanted to do this" is a "counter" to them having had sex previously. This ofcourse ignores the context, and more importantly the ensuing line, which is really part of the same sentence, namely "I've always wanted to this, I've always wanted to be your woman". Unfortunately for the ignorant few that tout this as proof, even in this delusional rambling there is nothing contradictory in her words saying she has always wanted to be his woman who could have sex with him on a regular basis, even with all the other girls right near their vicinity. Up until that point they just had a 1 night stand that they felt was right given the circumstances, namely being all alone, separated from their friends/family/help/food/ and necessities, in a world gone mad. In addition their actions were largely spurred by the emotional instability and insecurity radiating from Saeko, due to her not feeling fit to love men and have men reciprocate that, because of her twisted and dark pleasure from hurting/killing others. Takashi said the important Words, that he understood her and accepted her, and proved he meant it and that she could still be wanted with his Actions, namely by kissing and then making love to her. However that could end up being an anomaly due to needing to survive their present crisis, as is referenced by Takashi's highly misunderstood/mistranslated statement "I accepted her Darkness. Actually i accepted everything in the end. Obviously i did this in order to survive". The Ova Saeko comment clearly reinforces that she wants to be with him sexually as his woman, on a frequent and permanent basis. The fact that it even showed them having sex and both wanting eachother in their respective delusions is actually just more proof that they did have sex in episode 9, with this being the fanservice of that night we didn't get.

In short, the consensus is that in the manga they probably didnt have sex in Chapter 17 (although possible), however in the Anime the overwhelming facts and input from fans/critics is that they did have sex(with no legitimate room to deny it).
SlickDMar 17, 2014 5:14 AM
Apr 21, 2014 1:50 AM
Jun 2013
SlickDragon said:
There is a huge debate in regards to if Saeko and Takashi had sex here in Episode 9.

In the manga chapter 17, they probably didn't share a kiss, and likely didn't have sex. There is still the question of what loud noises could have drawn the zombies to them, why Saeko is shown adjusting her skirt(could be due to getting wrinkled while sleeping, or equally likely that she didnt wear it during the night, for whatever reason...), why Takashi had no qualms squeezing Saeko's tits (especially since before the night in question he was very shy around her in sexually charged situations), and the confession that ensued while fondling her, and finally the aftereffect of all this with Saeko asking him to take responsibility. Also clearly Takashi had an interest in her previously based on prying into her love life, with the obvious intention of seeing if the coast was clear. When they get to the Mansion they are clearly displaying physical affection, which is noted by Takagi and immediately sours her previously jubilant mood in regards to Takashi surviving. Still in the manga most would agree it's unlikely they had sex there, since more hints would have let us know of the development.

However the Anime is another matter. There is no doubt that at the least kissing and sexual activity ensued, as implied by the significantly long black screen pause following their kiss. All the points above which are shown and emphasized in the anime, including the more obvious confession(the additional line "I think you are the best/coolest woman I know) while vigorously stimulating her breasts and getting her juices running for the ensuing battle, serve to reinforce the blatantly obvious direction in the Anime of them having had sex.

With all this proof in tow, there is NO DOUBT that in the Anime Cannon THEY HAD SEX. Sure thats a loose and liberal interpretation of the manga, but throughout the 12 episodes nearly everything was adapted faithfully. On this tangent the anime decided to appeal to the overwhelming public support of Saeko x Takashi. Even in the slim chance that the manga eventually foolishly decides to not have this as a final ship, that will not retroactively change the Anime's reality where Saeko and Takashi did have sex. The anime would have little trouble adapting the (imaginary and highly unlikely) subideal pairing of something like Rei x Takashi, since there was nothing questionable about Saeko and Takashi having sex earlier. He most assuredly WAS NOT with Rei, nor committed to her in any written or even oral agreement. Rei also has no grounds to chastise him for being with another woman, as she already is guilty of choosing and being with his best friend, not too mention constantly bombarding and comparing Takashi unfavorably to her Hisashi.

Still some Rei shippers and the obstinately ignorant fools will try to deny what happened in the Anime. Their claims lack any substance, with their best and only semi-logical counter being that the manga didn't go so far. Unfortunately for them even if in the manga they didn't have sex, that has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on the Anime. The most recent supposed counter is from the filler OVA, which clearly is a fan service special that doesn't follow any of the anime rules/cannon (i.e they never were on the island, and the zombies "attacking" Takashi clearly didn't follow their normal rules and characteristics and were just used as a gag). In the delusional orgy, where no one is in their right mind, supposedly Saeko's line "I've always wanted to do this" is a "counter" to them having had sex previously. This ofcourse ignores the context, and more importantly the ensuing line, which is really part of the same sentence, namely "I've always wanted to this, I've always wanted to be your woman". Unfortunately for the ignorant few that tout this as proof, even in this delusional rambling there is nothing contradictory in her words saying she has always wanted to be his woman who could have sex with him on a regular basis, even with all the other girls right near their vicinity. Up until that point they just had a 1 night stand that they felt was right given the circumstances, namely being all alone, separated from their friends/family/help/food/ and necessities, in a world gone mad. In addition their actions were largely spurred by the emotional instability and insecurity radiating from Saeko, due to her not feeling fit to love men and have men reciprocate that, because of her twisted and dark pleasure from hurting/killing others. Takashi said the important Words, that he understood her and accepted her, and proved he meant it and that she could still be wanted with his Actions, namely by kissing and then making love to her. However that could end up being an anomaly due to needing to survive their present crisis, as is referenced by Takashi's highly misunderstood/mistranslated statement "I accepted her Darkness. Actually i accepted everything in the end. Obviously i did this in order to survive". The Ova Saeko comment clearly reinforces that she wants to be with him sexually as his woman, on a frequent and permanent basis. The fact that it even showed them having sex and both wanting eachother in their respective delusions is actually just more proof that they did have sex in episode 9, with this being the fanservice of that night we didn't get.

In short, the consensus is that in the manga they probably didnt have sex in Chapter 17 (although possible), however in the Anime the overwhelming facts and input from fans/critics is that they did have sex(with no legitimate room to deny it).

Again its not proof unless actually said then it didint happen.With a show that doesint shy away from this sort of thing you really think they would have shyed away from that.Someone here just sounds like a hardcore shipper.Stuff like this is done for 2 reasons.One is to get shippers riled up and talking about the show more witch it suceeded in doing as you can tell from yourself and secondly it gives them leg room to do whatever they want with that scene later on.They could say they kissed and nothing els or they kiss and screwed or kissed and almost came close to screwing or maybe not kiss at all and just huged.Thats why it turned black its just a easy way to make up their minds later depending on viewer response.
souledge94Apr 21, 2014 4:45 PM
Apr 21, 2014 10:41 AM

Dec 2013
Lmao, random tit-grab xD
Nice ep, 5/5
Apr 22, 2014 6:06 PM

Mar 2013
souledge94 said:

Again its not proof unless actually said then it didint happen.With a show that doesint shy away from this sort of thing you really think they would have shyed away from that.Someone here just sounds like a hardcore shipper.Stuff like this is done for 2 reasons.One is to get shippers riled up and talking about the show more witch it suceeded in doing as you can tell from yourself and secondly it gives them leg room to do whatever they want with that scene later on.They could say they kissed and nothing els or they kiss and screwed or kissed and almost came close to screwing or maybe not kiss at all and just huged.Thats why it turned black its just a easy way to make up their minds later depending on viewer response.

Say what you will, the overwhelming consensus is that in this episode they did have sex. The positive support for this Anime Original Canon Sex Scene is what led to "them" giving us the OVA sex scene. You can ignore these points all you want, just understand that your view is at best that of the insignificant minority, at worst delusional.
Apr 23, 2014 1:57 AM

Apr 2014
Not all anime... follow manga obviously this episode showd they banged in that shrine... but w/e good episode alot of good killing
I'm done chasing my dreams because I know I'll only wake up to reality. That reality will soon become my dreams.
Apr 27, 2014 8:09 PM
Jun 2013
SlickDragon said:
souledge94 said:

Say what you will, the overwhelming consensus is that in this episode they did have sex. The positive support for this Anime Original Canon Sex Scene is what led to "them" giving us the OVA sex scene. You can ignore these points all you want, just understand that your view is at best that of the insignificant minority, at worst delusional.

You didint refute any of my points all you did was "nu uh they did" .Also the ova doesint mean anything as it doesint go with anime cannon its just there and even if we did go by it it was all in their heads.Just admit your a hardcore shipper and this was your ray of hope.Like I said untill its said witin the anime its all asumption.I gave you all my points to why the scene played out like it did.Simply put it gives the writers wiggle room to go anyway they want to go.You can go "they did it they so did it" all you want but the fact is the anime doesint say anything on it.When it does then you can say that line if they indeed say they did it.
souledge94Apr 27, 2014 8:19 PM
Apr 27, 2014 9:23 PM

Mar 2013
souledge94 said:

You didint refute any of my points all you did was "nu uh they did" .Also the ova doesint mean anything as it doesint go with anime cannon its just there and even if we did go by it it was all in their heads.Just admit your a hardcore shipper and this was your ray of hope.Like I said untill its said witin the anime its all asumption.I gave you all my points to why the scene played out like it did.Simply put it gives the writers wiggle room to go anyway they want to go.You can go "they did it they so did it" all you want but the fact is the anime doesint say anything on it.When it does then you can say that line if they indeed say they did it.

I see you don't have much experience watching anime, and in particular ecchi. If you think things need to be stated explicitly in order to ascertain their veracity, then let me do you the favor of letting you know that it doesn't work like that in anime. The majority of the time these matters are only implied, without showing the deed or anything more than kissing (usually not even that much). They are often times not even discussed afterwords. Prominent examples (there are too many to list but i'll bring up some top 50 most popular anime examples) include the sex scenes in Fate Stay Night (using dragon animations for the sex scenes between Shirou and Saber. They never say they are having sex, just "recharging" mana), Shakugan no Shana Final (episode 11, Margery Daw and Satou have a very similar scene to this episode of HOTD, but there is no doubt by anyone they had sex eventhough its never explicitly confirmed), Neon Genesis Evangelion (Katsuragi and Kaji sex scenes aren't shown explicitly).

The main reason for this is due to japanese culture and censorship. They don't want their children or even teenagers to be exposed to sex in anime since they fear it will affect their real life decision making for the worse, as they are more likely to emulate what they see. Sex amongst middle school/high school teenagers is even more problematic, often times leading to boycotts and protests if it's ever introduced in these anime. A prime example was Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, here is a quote from the gundam wiki and wikipedia-

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED
"In episode 16 ("The Burning Desert Sands"), it is made very clear that the main character Kira Yamato and his love interest Flay Allster had sex sometime between episodes 15 and 16. This scene gave parents in Japan a scare and caused a good deal of controversy at the time. The directors were punished for this scene."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED
The sixteenth episode of Gundam SEED features a scene in which Kira Yamato is seen dressing after getting out of a bed where the teenage girl Flay Allster lies sleeping naked, suggesting a sexual relationship. The Japanese Commission for Better Broadcasting reported that viewers filed complaints regarding the scene as the show was aired at 6 pm when children would be watching. Mainichi replied by mentioning it should have given more careful consideration to the episode before airing it.[126]

There are many forum discussions explaining why sex is treating in such an evasive and non realistic matter, ill link 1 of them here entitled Why isn't their sex scenes in anime
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=393935&show=20

A well respected answer on the 1st page was
DesolateOne said:
No. People are missing the actual reason - it can't be done. Most of the time at least. Why? Because most anime shows involve young teenagers; never ones who are older. Sex scenes in Western movies involve adults, not children. Well, obviously I'm saying this in a loosely-based fashion but yeah. When they do involve adults, they usually just make it a full-fledged hentai for the sake of ease in terms of convention. Noone wants to break outside of te predefined box.

An exception to this would be animes like Highschool of the Dead in which there was a sex scene similar to ones found in Westen movies. The only reason it worked in the show was because they looked pretty much like adults and the "atmosphere" of the show was a bit more mature as opposed to shows like Air and stuff.

However, I feel that shows like Clannad would have been a great choice for a sex scene, but they probably choose not to include it but instead mention it to keep it a lot "safer".

In short, it's just hard to find a good reason or a good atmosphere to create a sex scene. Afterall, two students from a highschool facing off against the supernatural (i.e a shounen with action & romnce) having consensual sex seems...random.

Coincidentally the answer happens to include a prime example of a show with sex scenes, namely this exact episode and discussion we are talking about.

Whether you want to accept the facts and reality of the anime world are up to you, but I'd advise you to not flaunt your ignorance and naivete overly much if you want to be taken seriously on MAL.
SlickDApr 27, 2014 9:28 PM
Apr 28, 2014 12:00 AM
Jun 2013
SlickDragon said:
souledge94 said:

I see you don't have much experience watching anime, and in particular ecchi. If you think things need to be stated explicitly in order to ascertain their veracity, then let me do you the favor of letting you know that it doesn't work like that in anime. The majority of the time these matters are only implied, without showing the deed or anything more than kissing (usually not even that much). They are often times not even discussed afterwords. Prominent examples (there are too many to list but i'll bring up some top 50 most popular anime examples) include the sex scenes in Fate Stay Night (using dragon animations for the sex scenes between Shirou and Saber. They never say they are having sex, just "recharging" mana), Shakugan no Shana Final (episode 11, Margery Daw and Satou have a very similar scene to this episode of HOTD, but there is no doubt by anyone they had sex eventhough its never explicitly confirmed), Neon Genesis Evangelion (Katsuragi and Kaji sex scenes aren't shown explicitly).

The main reason for this is due to japanese culture and censorship. They don't want their children or even teenagers to be exposed to sex in anime since they fear it will affect their real life decision making for the worse, as they are more likely to emulate what they see. Sex amongst middle school/high school teenagers is even more problematic, often times leading to boycotts and protests if it's ever introduced in these anime. A prime example was Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, here is a quote from the gundam wiki and wikipedia-

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED
"In episode 16 ("The Burning Desert Sands"), it is made very clear that the main character Kira Yamato and his love interest Flay Allster had sex sometime between episodes 15 and 16. This scene gave parents in Japan a scare and caused a good deal of controversy at the time. The directors were punished for this scene."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED
The sixteenth episode of Gundam SEED features a scene in which Kira Yamato is seen dressing after getting out of a bed where the teenage girl Flay Allster lies sleeping naked, suggesting a sexual relationship. The Japanese Commission for Better Broadcasting reported that viewers filed complaints regarding the scene as the show was aired at 6 pm when children would be watching. Mainichi replied by mentioning it should have given more careful consideration to the episode before airing it.[126]

There are many forum discussions explaining why sex is treating in such an evasive and non realistic matter, ill link 1 of them here entitled Why isn't their sex scenes in anime
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=393935&show=20

A well respected answer on the 1st page was
DesolateOne said:
No. People are missing the actual reason - it can't be done. Most of the time at least. Why? Because most anime shows involve young teenagers; never ones who are older. Sex scenes in Western movies involve adults, not children. Well, obviously I'm saying this in a loosely-based fashion but yeah. When they do involve adults, they usually just make it a full-fledged hentai for the sake of ease in terms of convention. Noone wants to break outside of te predefined box.

An exception to this would be animes like Highschool of the Dead in which there was a sex scene similar to ones found in Westen movies. The only reason it worked in the show was because they looked pretty much like adults and the "atmosphere" of the show was a bit more mature as opposed to shows like Air and stuff.

However, I feel that shows like Clannad would have been a great choice for a sex scene, but they probably choose not to include it but instead mention it to keep it a lot "safer".

In short, it's just hard to find a good reason or a good atmosphere to create a sex scene. Afterall, two students from a highschool facing off against the supernatural (i.e a shounen with action & romnce) having consensual sex seems...random.

Coincidentally the answer happens to include a prime example of a show with sex scenes, namely this exact episode and discussion we are talking about.

Whether you want to accept the facts and reality of the anime world are up to you, but I'd advise you to not flaunt your ignorance and naivete overly much if you want to be taken seriously on MAL.

I just finished seeing psycho pass where 2 girls finish having sex and its shown as them laying naked after the act. So your argument is kinda flawed.It can be shown just how much detail you wanna put in it.It could something as simple as cloths laying on the floor,them laying with one another and so forth doesint need to be the act itself.Please dont wave "you dont know anime" nonsense.Also the gundam example seems to be cause of the time frame of the show.Im sure highschool of the dead wasint playing at a time when people who werent suppose to see it can easily see since the content of the show. Its also the type of show that really doesint needs to worry about that stuff as much since the type of show that it is.Again if its not shown in some form(im not asking for shadow humping or the actual act), said or brought up in some way then its all asumption.If you want to believe they had sex then thats fine but its not fact yet.I know your a hardcore shipper but relax.Also does calling someone ignorant make you feel better or something.Anywho going by how you came off its clear this isint going to go anywhere and you will proboly just insult me more for some odd reason so watev.
souledge94Apr 28, 2014 12:40 AM
May 6, 2014 9:38 PM

Nov 2013
Damn Saeko is a super sadist, and really prone to getting wet :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwMkfGbmfhI
This video teaches me the importance of hygiene and fetishes!!!
May 25, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2013
Hyperdemon said:
Damn Saeko is a super sadist, and really prone to getting wet :p

That's why she's so awesome!
Jul 11, 2014 2:08 PM

Jul 2013
ye i really like saeko i hope he dumps rei, cause fpr her he is only a second choice
Aug 27, 2014 6:51 AM

Sep 2012
WHAAAAT, did Takashi & Saeko really do it? i guess they did

overall, this EP was HOOOOOOOOT :)

Did any1 else noticed something when Seako came out from that Temple or Tojo or what ever it was, she was not finished putting her panties on, she Tied the panties string when she came out, come on, do u sleep with out under pants when ur in same place with a woman? i think not, unless ur having SEX
Sugram22Aug 27, 2014 7:40 AM
Aug 27, 2014 7:27 AM

Sep 2012
Tengai said:
Re-watching.
and then he fucking said that shit "of course, it was in order for me to survive". WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!?!?! you motherfucking player ahahaha.

that's just hes excuse to deny what he really feels, u watch anime's to so u should be able to see when some1 is being tsunderel slightly, i do believe he is being...
Sep 29, 2014 10:37 PM

Jul 2012
"Now I'm wet!" LOLOL
Nov 19, 2014 9:08 PM
Aug 2011
This anime is trying so hard to be one of the worst anime I've watched.
Nov 30, 2014 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
Aversa said:
They skipped the sex scene!!

It was implied.
So are Saeko and Takashi a couple now? I hope so because she's my favorite character :3
Dec 18, 2014 7:23 PM
May 2014
They did lean close towards each other so the kissing is implied. But what happens after is upto the viewers imagination.
Feb 5, 2015 8:23 AM

May 2014
Aversa said:
sayian said:

what chapter in the manga was this?
Well he kisses her, or so it appears it turns dark next this it's morning.
And it seemed like Seako was positioning her skirt.
So what happened between the kiss and the morning is up to are imagination.
She did ask him if he'll take responsibility...
Mar 13, 2015 5:03 PM

Nov 2014
I have not read the manga. Just getting that out of the way right now.

I appreciate Saeko a lot more compared to the rest of the group so I am somewhat bias (Takashi and Hirano are close follow-ups) so this episode felt interesting and satisfying as we learn more about Saeko and her past. Seeing her play pretend with the rapist, all innocent until the moment she bashes his head out with a cold, yet excited and gleeful smirk. The satisfied look on her eyes displays her hidden nature on how crazed she is. So dark, yet slightly disturbing but appealing at the same time to see for her character. The episode overall, ultimately pushes her character and relationship with Takashi forward and makes her that much more unique and further adore my already favorite character throughout this series. The ending with Takashi and his last words did somewhat bother me and as other people have said, kills the romantic mood in a sense, seeing as he admits that he has to accept her in order to survive however I also have some thoughts on what Takashi could be going through.

It's possible that he accepted her since he has seen and knows who Saeko was before she revealed her hidden shadow to him as she was always reserved, strong-willed, brutally honest (follows the Bushido code), respectful and caring for the well-being of the others in the group like any sensei. As we already know, she's very talented with the sword (bokken) and reliable. These factors beforehand, all made Takashi look up to her and possibly an inspiration since he still strongly believes that she's still the same Saeko (strongest woman) to him no matter what.

I also rather think her sadist persona isn't exactly adverse either, seeing as they're in the zombie apocalypse and she can take "Them" out with no consequence. Personally, as long as it doesn't get out of hand like if she starts getting urges to start hurting her friends (which she doesn't), then it's okay. It's just how sadists are and seeing as how Takashi willingly accepts that dark persona behind her well-reserved personality on the outside, she now has a close bonding with Takashi or rather, a reason to continue on in life because of him.
Set_linMar 16, 2015 10:22 AM
Apr 23, 2015 5:36 PM

Jun 2014
"o darn theres a ton of zombies between us and the rest of group. even though we had no problem earlier plowing through them in the hummer, lets just go back to the other side of the river and spend a couple days alone there instead"

since when does getting groped = motivation for killing zombies? o well i guess it worked. after having her boob squeezed like a stress ball, saeka says "thank you, im better now"

"IM WET" -saeko. wtf....
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.