Sep 2015
updated my set and profile picture.
Any tips would be great.
Apr 12, 2016 11:49 AM

Jan 2013
DeathBorne said:
Any tips would be great.

the blur effect is done pretty nicely. I'm not a huge fan of the text being split in half, but otherwise really like your signature C:
Apr 12, 2016 5:27 PM

Sep 2015
shuryukan said:
DeathBorne said:
Any tips would be great.

the blur effect is done pretty nicely. I'm not a huge fan of the text being split in half, but otherwise really like your signature C:

Yeah splitting the text was a bad idea but I don't know where to put it.
Apr 14, 2016 6:29 PM

Apr 2013
did this earlier, came out pretty flawless
Apr 14, 2016 7:13 PM

Dec 2012
jondoom said:

It does look perfect except for the colors, they are pale and the image kinda feel LQ imo. I think you should use more adjustment layers, and bit of sharpen.
http://i.imgur.com/kj5awEv.png
Apr 15, 2016 7:08 AM

Sep 2015
is my sig in low quality?
Apr 15, 2016 1:03 PM

Apr 2013
tsudecimo said:
jondoom said:

It does look perfect except for the colors, they are pale and the image kinda feel LQ imo. I think you should use more adjustment layers, and bit of sharpen.

The problem with the one you've edited is that it's over saturated and sharpened. Flames should be fluid and not sharp which is why I only sharpened the area around Rytlocks face. I could have probably put an overlay on the flame effects but that's not really the look I was going for with this piece.

Tainted said:

I don't think it's of a "low quality," not a fan of that phrase, however if you note that on your renders head there's an area where light is striking, but you have no light source coming from that direction. You might want to use the pen tool to create rays of light and fade the opacity to like 40% on that layer. I'm assuming your using Photoshop, not GIMP or Photopaint.
Apr 15, 2016 8:14 PM

Sep 2015
jondoom said:
tsudecimo said:

The problem with the one you've edited is that it's over saturated and sharpened. Flames should be fluid and not sharp which is why I only sharpened the area around Rytlocks face. I could have probably put an overlay on the flame effects but that's not really the look I was going for with this piece.

Tainted said:

I don't think it's of a "low quality," not a fan of that phrase, however if you note that on your renders head there's an area where light is striking, but you have no light source coming from that direction. You might want to use the pen tool to create rays of light and fade the opacity to like 40% on that layer. I'm assuming your using Photoshop, not GIMP or Photopaint.

Thanks I didn't noticed that part .:)
Apr 20, 2016 9:59 PM

Jun 2013
back from a long hiatus
Apr 21, 2016 5:23 AM

Jan 2014
Tomboy said:
back from a long hiatus
Now that looks really pretty ;)
Apr 21, 2016 1:33 PM

Jun 2013
im on a roll with returning back to gfx
Apr 22, 2016 9:58 AM

Apr 2011
Fixed something up yesterday. A little experiment since I was getting stuck on one of my requests. I think it looks kinda decent;

Here's the original stock image for comparison:
Apr 23, 2016 1:39 PM

Jun 2013

got into the groove today
Apr 23, 2016 9:29 PM

Sep 2015
Tomboy said:

got into the groove today

I really love your work <3
Apr 25, 2016 11:16 AM

Jun 2013
more practice shit like i conjured up in 10 minutes
Apr 27, 2016 10:42 AM

Jun 2013
Yato Tag (Just more practice)

Apr 29, 2016 12:30 PM

Feb 2015
Tomboy said:
more practice shit like i conjured up in 10 minutes

much better than the yato one. i can't give specifics but i just find it better.
May 5, 2016 11:44 AM

Dec 2012
Feedback on current signature?

or any of these two?

http://i.imgur.com/93FsAir.png
http://i.imgur.com/YEEdUKA.jpg
May 5, 2016 12:36 PM

Apr 2011
A test for this month's signature contest:

@tsudecimo the sparks in the monogatari tag are rather distracting and you might wanna look into blurring, since the background stands out too much.

The Nishinoya tag is much better, but the light source is standing out too much, taking focus away from the focal that is Nishinoya. Aside from that, the c4d at his thigh just looks odd.
May 5, 2016 12:58 PM

Dec 2009
tsudecimo said:
Feedback on current signature?

or any of these two?

http://i.imgur.com/93FsAir.png
http://i.imgur.com/YEEdUKA.jpg

Well well. This time your stuff actually looks like you did something. There is plenty to improve though. Some things yhunata mentioned, for example.

yhunata said:

If you plan to make a tag with that same render and basic idea, you just disqualified yourself from entering.
I advice you to make something entirely different if you still want to enter.

On an constructive note though, it's very empty, the render is quite far off the right which contributes to the emptiness. Do you mean test as just a basis of a tag you envision or a finished tag you made as a test to see if it looks good? If it is the latter, the tag looks like one of mine after I placed a background, a render and think about what to do with it. With other words, it looks unfinished or more like not even started.
May 5, 2016 1:05 PM

Apr 2011
@Isa__ Oh no, this was just a test. I've never really done this before, so I just wanted to get something done. The final image for the actual tag for the contest I've got in mind looks nothing like this, except for the fact that it would be a well... a color splash.
May 5, 2016 1:10 PM

Dec 2009
yhunata said:
@Isa__ Oh no, this was just a test. I've never really done this before, so I just wanted to get something done. The final image for the actual tag for the contest I've got in mind looks nothing like this, except for the fact that it would be a well... a color splash.

Okay, that's fine then. Good luck~
May 5, 2016 2:47 PM

Dec 2012
yhunata said:

The Nishinoya tag is much better, but the light source is standing out too much, taking focus away from the focal that is Nishinoya. Aside from that, the c4d at his thigh just looks odd.

Yeah I agree with the Monogatari one, didn't know what to do. I will take the blur advice into consideration in the future.

I thought if I removed the moon the right side would look empty. Yeah I really don't get how to use C4D, I only add it just to fill up space while not being too distracting. What do you think of the text is it good? I'm pretty weak at typography as well.
May 7, 2016 2:14 AM

Mar 2016
Tomboy said:
Yato Tag (Just more practice)

I really love your work too. ;)

May 7, 2016 2:19 AM

Mar 2016
yhunata said:

This one looks much better to me...

May 7, 2016 12:52 PM

Apr 2011
Hello. I made a little example for auto generated signature.
What do you think about this?

it's impossible fit in 300 kb with slide animation, but I can just switch them.
overmesMay 7, 2016 1:03 PM
MyAnimeList Affinity Search - http://affinity.animesos.net/
May 7, 2016 1:29 PM

Apr 2012
My current signature is my newest :D
Any Opinions?
May 7, 2016 3:14 PM

Dec 2012
Ryomou said:
My current signature is my newest :D
Any Opinions?

Looks great and unique. Really like the text.

One little thing I found distracting, why is ''ONL'' so far apart from the ''Y''?
May 7, 2016 11:58 PM

Apr 2012
Thank you tsudecimo :D
I never noticed that, thank you for telling me :D I tried to change that, but it seems to be the fonts mistake. Maybe I will modify it a little, so it will looks better :D
May 8, 2016 1:35 AM

Dec 2012

Render used

Doing accent color/color splash. Didn't think it was great so I thought I would get some CnC on it instead of entering the GFX context with.
May 8, 2016 2:25 AM

Dec 2009
tsudecimo said:

Render used

Doing accent color/color splash. Didn't think it was great so I thought I would get some CnC on it instead of entering the GFX context with.

This doesn't qualify anyway, because it's more green and grey than a mere color splash.
May 8, 2016 2:48 AM

Dec 2012
Isa__ said:

This doesn't qualify anyway, because it's more green and grey than a mere color splash.

What does qualify then? it's still one color. Grey is black and white, why would it count as another color in this theme?

Can you give an example of accent color? because the skin of any render without color will be grey.
May 8, 2016 2:59 AM

Dec 2009
tsudecimo said:
Isa__ said:

What does qualify then? it's still one color. Grey is black and white, why would it count as another color in this theme?

Can you give an example of accent color? because the skin of any render without color will be grey.

That's not the issue. The tag has far too much green. It's not just a splash of color. I've described well enough what the theme means in the entry thread.
May 8, 2016 3:03 AM

Dec 2012
Isa__ said:
tsudecimo said:

That's not the issue. The tag has far too much green. It's not just a splash of color. I've described well enough what the theme means in the entry thread.

You really didn't explain it good at all. You only conveyed that only one color should be used. Did not directly state how much of it should be there, only implied and indirectly by saying roses and eyes.
May 8, 2016 3:12 AM

Dec 2009
tsudecimo said:
Isa__ said:

You really didn't explain it good at all. You only conveyed that only one color should be used. Did not directly state how much of it should be there, only implied and indirectly by saying roses and eyes.

If that wasn't clear enough for you, how about scrolling down? The thread's for questions after all. There is a question AND an answer that'd probably answer yours too. And if something's still not clear to you, then ASK.
May 10, 2016 5:20 AM

Mar 2016
i like it, but i need tips on how to make signatures better

May 10, 2016 5:41 AM

Dec 2012
Special border second attempt.

any comments?
It never looks as good in a white background :/
May 10, 2016 5:54 AM

Sep 2015
Updated my signature. It's shitty though. Any comments would be nice.

cabbagels said:
i like it, but i need tips on how to make signatures better

I feel like the sides are too empty. If you can't add anything then maybe make the render bigger.

tsudecimo said:
Special border second attempt.

any comments?
It never looks as good in a white background :/

I feel like the border is out of place probably because of the color.
And the two renders too they're not sync with each other.
TaintedMay 10, 2016 5:59 AM
May 10, 2016 6:15 AM

Dec 2012
Tainted said:

Now?

The pumpkin isn't a render it's the background. Umaru is supposed to pop out from the border and background

@your sig
same tech brush lol. It's okay I guess. But it's just kinda bland imo, nothing going on just some lighting and a render.

Why do you not use fractals, textures, C4D and other resources in your signatures if you don't mind me asking? Most of them are the same type, nice text usually though. They always seem blurry/unshapred and not high quality. Do you use GIMP?
May 10, 2016 6:38 AM

Sep 2015
tsudecimo said:
Tainted said:

Now?

The pumpkin isn't a render it's the background. Umaru is supposed to pop out from the border and background

@your sig
same tech brush lol. It's okay I guess. But it's just kinda bland imo, nothing going on just some lighting and a render.

Why do you not use fractals, textures, C4D and other resources in your signatures if you don't mind me asking? Most of them are the same type, nice text usually though. They always seem blurry/unshapred and not high quality. Do you use GIMP?

I'm practicing and experimenting some stuffs in this sig I tried using only blurr and some lightings with a black background and I failed so miserably :(. I'm not using GIMP.

Your sig still didn't go well for me.
It should go well like this

They're not mine btw.
May 10, 2016 6:42 AM

Dec 2012
Yeah I know. Mine is a simpler special border with just marquee tool, and not taken parts of images and making them a border.
May 10, 2016 6:50 AM

Sep 2015
tsudecimo said:
Yeah I know. Mine is a simpler special border with just marquee tool, and not taken parts of images and making them a border.

I'm talking about the color and drawing style (or whatever it's called) if you look at umaru, the background and the render you could immediately tell that they're three different pictures put together.
May 10, 2016 6:58 AM

Dec 2012
Tainted said:
tsudecimo said:

I'm talking about the color and drawing style (or whatever it's called) if you look at umaru, the background and the render you could immediately tell that they're three different pictures put together.

That's my point. I made the border but it wasn't to fit Umaru.

While in the above example the border fits Ermac because it probably taken from an image of him, which fits his personality.

Also I didn't bother adding more details to make them all fit together (background isn't a good choice in the first place)

This what it's ideally supposed to look like:
May 10, 2016 7:31 AM

Sep 2015
tsudecimo said:
Tainted said:

That's my point. I made the border but it wasn't to fit Umaru.

While in the above example the border fits Ermac because it probably taken from an image of him, which fits his personality.

Also I didn't bother adding more details to make them all fit together (background isn't a good choice in the first place)

This what it's ideally supposed to look like:

I tried playing with it a little

it didn't work though. I blurred the border a little so it got fucked up since its already transparent xD.
TaintedMay 10, 2016 7:35 AM
May 10, 2016 8:08 AM

Jun 2013
I've seen that border sig a billion time lulz
But thats a really good attempt at it imo.
May 10, 2016 8:15 AM

Dec 2012
@Tainted
Lol yeah the transparency won't make that look good.

Tomboy said:
I've seen that border sig a billion time lulz
But thats a really good attempt at it imo.

Positive comment at last D:
thanks
I skipped some steps of his tutorial anyway
May 10, 2016 8:38 AM

Jun 2013
But to be very honest despite the intricacy and appealing look of a border sig, I dislike it for one sole reason, it's a pain in the ass to make and I prefer to focus on the render more than the border.
May 11, 2016 1:35 AM

Dec 2012
PNG stuff mess :o

I think the typo is good?!
May 11, 2016 7:36 AM
Jul 2018
updated my forum set. what you guys think?
updated my profile layout as well, if u want to check it out o:
May 11, 2016 7:51 AM

Dec 2012
ryukan said:
updated my forum set. what you guys think?
updated my profile layout as well, if u want to check it out o:

Your current profile layout is awesome *.*
I really liike all the little details. I especially like the ''they were more than team'' portion, perfect gif choices. Definitely way better than your previous ones +1

Your forum sets look cool, but I think the dark style fits better with profile layout than here. The Hinata portion and the text are great but Kageyama doesn't look as good. this little area in general is kinda distracting, and the Japanese text is faded but not in a nice way.

Otherwise cool set. I think you should nominate it I would vote for it :P
whoops that already happened
tsudecimoMay 11, 2016 7:55 AM
Pages (134) « First ... « 128 129 [130] 131 132 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 5:56 PM

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:42 PM

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:29 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Apr 25, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.