Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 22, 2016 7:06 PM

Jun 2016
I just wrote a view for this anime and I was wondering, what are you opinions on Diabolik lovers? Was it good? was it bad? I want to know.
Jun 22, 2016 7:34 PM

Feb 2015
it's a show based 100% (and i mean 100%, not exaggerating here) on fanservice, based off the game, which is 100% fanservice. so watching it will only give you that.

you can't really judge a fanservice anime, so it was good? i guess? since it gave what it promised.
Jul 9, 2016 11:55 PM

Jul 2016
The main thing I learned in that anime is how to say 'little bitch' and 'pancake' in Japanese.
Jul 10, 2016 12:01 AM
Jul 2018
It's literally the worst reverse harem to exist, unequivocally
No challenger will ever come along to beat its awfulness

I like some fucked up shit, but this in its entirety had me internally screaming "why" while externally holding back urges to sock my laptop into oblivion

if Vampire Knight was the twilight of female animu pandering, this is the 50 shades of gray…
Jul 10, 2016 3:52 PM

Jun 2016
clandestine said:

I like some fucked up shit, but this in its entirety had me internally screaming "why" while externally holding back urges to sock my laptop into oblivion

if Vampire Knight was the twilight of female animu pandering, this is the 50 shades of gray…

lol, I wouldn't even call it 50 shades a grey. At least 50 shades had some romance, diabolik lovers have 0% romance. I wouldn't even call it a reverse harem.
Jul 10, 2016 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
SynTheOtaku1 said:
clandestine said:

lol, I wouldn't even call it 50 shades a grey. At least 50 shades had some romance, diabolik lovers have 0% romance. I wouldn't even call it a reverse harem.

Even by bishounen pandering standards it's weak.

Shows like Free! and Haikyuu!! have good characters and plot that keeps people engaged, Dialovers has neither. It exists merely to attract female attention, but it even epically fails at that.

Like who greenlit this idea in the first place? Who decided to give it a second game / season?

The pity is that of all things, Dialovers, at least, in its original game incarnation, has solid character designs, voice acting and a base that can be worked with. The pity is that it's executed so poorly and in such a way that seems like it involved the laziest effort that it just comes across as a sad waste.

Conceptually, it's not the worst thing ever. But the way it's written is so fucking bad.
Aug 7, 2016 4:00 PM
Mar 2016
Well, if you don't think of it as a romance, it's pretty interesting to say the least. However, the short episodes and 12-episode season don't allow a lot of space for characterization or plot. I think that the game is way better, as it gives each character more attention and is generally more satisfying.

But yeah, it's not a romance. Yui has to deal with a lot of abuse from the brothers and is basically dehumanized; she deserves better. I liked her in the game a lot more, though, because she puts up a bit more resistance and realistic reactions.
Aug 7, 2016 4:04 PM

Jan 2013
It's shit.
But it's short and I watch it for the cute asshole boys and literally nothing else, so.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2016 6:32 PM

Jun 2016
meanttobe said:
Well, if you don't think of it as a romance, it's pretty interesting to say the least. However, the short episodes and 12-episode season don't allow a lot of space for characterization or plot. I think that the game is way better, as it gives each character more attention and is generally more satisfying.

But yeah, it's not a romance. Yui has to deal with a lot of abuse from the brothers and is basically dehumanized; she deserves better. I liked her in the game a lot more, though, because she puts up a bit more resistance and realistic reactions.

I don't think it's the length of the episodes or the season that makes the anime bad. There's anime with even shorter lenghts with great characters and development. It's the poor execution. I did research on the games and they sounded great and the characters had great development and personalities. But the anime is just a horrible attempt at incorporating that.
Aug 8, 2016 6:35 PM
Mar 2016
SynTheOtaku1 said:
meanttobe said:

I don't think it's the length of the episodes or the season that makes the anime bad. There's anime with even shorter lenghts with great characters and development. It's the poor execution. I did research on the games and they sounded great and the characters had great development and personalities. But the anime is just a horrible attempt at incorporating that.

Hmm. Well, that's true. I'm in the midst of playing the games right now, which are way better. ;_; It's too bad the anime was a disappointment.
Sep 4, 2016 9:44 AM
Sep 2016
I honestly don't know why people say so many awful shit about this!I mean we've all watched so many fucked up shits.I have a bit of a masochist side and I enjoyed the whole anime.characters are well shaped and anyways it was supposed to be a fanservice anime...so ya'll should just go with that
Oct 13, 2016 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
I really liked this anime. It's the only reverse harem, I have watched so far that not boring as hell, and has interesting male characters. It was 9/10 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2016 11:23 AM

Feb 2015
Art and designs are pretty, and I guess you can't expect much story since it's based on otome game, but honestly, the way they are treating her made me want to throw up. No girl should be turned on by this, to be honest.

Dec 16, 2016 5:06 AM
Jul 2018
I recommend you to play the game if you understand Japanese. The anime is not that great, the game is awesome. You can choose any character you like plus good or bad ending.

The game is more popular than the anime.
Oct 1, 2017 11:01 AM
Oct 2016
SynTheOtaku1 said:
I just wrote a view for this anime and I was wondering, what are you opinions on Diabolik lovers? Was it good? was it bad? I want to know.

It’s not bad considering the fact that it was based off a video game. But tbh unless u like watching characters constantly getting assaulted and hurt then this would not be a good anime ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Feb 13, 2020 11:38 PM
Dec 2019
It is great comedy...even if not intentional.
Apr 6, 2020 1:10 AM

Jul 2019
Eka_Chan said:
The main thing I learned in that anime is how to say 'little bitch' and 'pancake' in Japanese.

This is so true. I think the series itself is good for what it is made for (fanservice), unfortunately it wasn't my cup of tea.
Apr 16, 2020 10:49 PM
Aug 2018
I rewatched part of it just now because i heard Sugita’s thoughts on it. if you just see everything like Sugita does, it’s hilarious. He absolutely loves it. :,D
Jul 9, 2020 2:42 AM

Nov 2019
It's terrible. The plot is bad and makes no sense at times. The girl can't be more stupid. The only good thing are the handsome guys but wait, their personalities are horrible and abusive and all they do is suck the girl's blood every single episode. So probably there's nothing good about this anime. I enjoyed it for the simple reason that I love watching bad things just to I laugh at their stupidity.

I'm not lying.
                    I'd never lie.....
                    Perhaps
May 30, 2021 11:03 PM
Dec 2017
its absoulte cancer and i lost nothing but years in my life from watching this.

Jun 15, 2021 7:55 PM

Sep 2019
Heavens above.

What did I just watch?
Soy gitana, canasteraaa.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2013

129 by Ilookgood »»
Apr 21, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2013

230 by WifuSimulator666 »»
Mar 21, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2013

191 by oniichantaihei »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2013

162 by Starlight2003 »»
Dec 1, 2023 2:46 PM

» Plot?

sharkbay - Jul 19, 2021

10 by Utahime__ »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.