Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jan 6, 2015 10:38 PM

Oct 2013
CookingPriest said:
Grey-Zone said:
They already TRIED doing all 3 routes, but decided against it in the end, so I doubt anything happens that makes them revise their opinion AGAIN, escpacially not since going back to Fate after UBW will make Fate route anime look REALLY bad.

I really can't see how "fate is worse" argument works. Sure shirou fights less but he still gets VERY badass moments and is just as competent as in other routes.

The biggest problem you have is the same as to read the visual novel the UBW route and Heaven's Feel first. Break up the theme rhyme that is in sequence. While considering the very first route, even finding the Shirou in some annoying moments, which is not bad, at least for me, it is a key route for making the build up Fateverse.
     But the good of the three routes is to have the opportunity to mirror the Shirou of each and make a comparison to the character development that each of them has.
     So, in my opinion, comes the big problem of adapting it after two.
- The Shirou (at least for some people), will have the mindset to follow your dream to the end as a character setback compared to other routes (since the debate to reconcile the ideal and the real, and then the abandonment ideal for a purpose has already occurred).
- One of the great qualities of Fate route, which is to show how Fateverse works and especially the rules, considerations and exceptions of Shirou skills will lose some strength, because they already have all adapted, which will become an unnecessary infodump (although I would like to see).
- And last but not least, the Shirou Fate has fewer moments Badass than Shirou of UBW and Heaven's Feel.
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Jan 6, 2015 10:55 PM

Sep 2013
Vagabond_Musashi said:
CookingPriest said:

I really can't see how "fate is worse" argument works. Sure shirou fights less but he still gets VERY badass moments and is just as competent as in other routes.

The biggest problem you have is the same as to read the visual novel the UBW route and Heaven's Feel first. Break up the theme rhyme that is in sequence. While considering the very first route, even finding the Shirou in some annoying moments, which is not bad, at least for me, it is a key route for making the build up Fateverse.
     But the good of the three routes is to have the opportunity to mirror the Shirou of each and make a comparison to the character development that each of them has.
- The Shirou (at least for some people), will have the mindset to follow your dream to the end as a character setback compared to other routes (since the debate to reconcile the ideal and the real, and then the abandonment ideal for a purpose has already occurred).
- One of the great qualities of Fate route, which is to show how Fateverse works and especially the rules, considerations and exceptions of Shirou skills will lose some strength, because they already have all adapted, which will become an unnecessary infodump (although I would like to see).
- And last but not least, the Shirou Fate has fewer moments Badass than Shirou of UBW and Heaven's Feel.

Don't take this the wrong way mate, but that post was difficult to decipher. I'm assuming English isn't your first language.

I do agree that it might be overkill to adapt the fate route when people have already seen the rules that are supposed to be established, but that still doesn't mean it can't be done for any newcomers that haven't watched UBW yet. Also, even if people don't like Shirou's naive worldview prevailing in the Fate route, it would still be a good contrast to UBW and HF Shirou if people ever choose to rewatch the franchise.

Apart from the world building and establishing Shirou's character, another big reason to adapt the Fate route would be to provide Saber some closure. This might not be as necessary depending on how the second cour of UBW plays out, but if it neglects her character as much as the first cour, then a Fate adaptation is all but necessary.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2015 11:02 PM

May 2012
mickdrew_99 said:
Vagabond_Musashi said:

Don't take this the wrong way mate, but that post was difficult to decipher. I'm assuming English isn't your first language.

I do agree that it might be overkill to adapt the fate route when people have already seen the rules that are supposed to be established, but that still doesn't mean it can't be done for any newcomers that haven't watched UBW yet. Also, even if people don't like Shirou's naive worldview prevailing in the Fate route, it would still be a good contrast to UBW and HF Shirou if people ever choose to rewatch the franchise.

Apart from the world building and establishing Shirou's character, another big reason to adapt the Fate route would be to provide Saber some closure. This might not be as necessary depending on how the second cour of UBW plays out, but if it neglects her character as much as the first cour, then a Fate adaptation is all but necessary.

I second this, plus the typemoon fanbase is probably big enough to sustain a Fate adaptation.
Jan 6, 2015 11:16 PM

Oct 2013
KamiAlice said:
mickdrew_99 said:

I second this, plus the typemoon fanbase is probably big enough to sustain a Fate adaptation.

I'd kill for an adaptation of Fate. And let the Ufotable steal my money.

Yes, it is not my main language, and I am writing in the phone. Thanks for decipher. ;)
survivor_heroJan 6, 2015 11:21 PM
Jan 6, 2015 11:25 PM

Sep 2013
hatedmainofanime said:

Yes, it is not my main language, and I am writing in the phone. Thanks for decipher. ;)

Agreed :DD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2015 7:37 AM

Mar 2008
mickdrew_99 said:
hatedmainofanime said:

They'll need money either before or after F/HA and the Tsukihime anime. Given the amount of Saber fans...
Reaction Channels for Fate/Stay Night UBW (TV)
first season
second season
Jan 7, 2015 8:00 AM

Sep 2014
PriestMeido said:
mickdrew_99 said:

They'll need money either before or after F/HA and the Tsukihime anime. Given the amount of Saber fans...

What Tsuki-anime? They haven't even finished the remake ~.~
Don't expect anything.....for a while :DD
The sun is a deadly laser
Jan 7, 2015 8:58 AM

Oct 2013
mira-lala said:
PriestMeido said:

The launch of Tsukihime remake was not last year? Did something happen to postpone?
Jan 7, 2015 9:19 AM

Aug 2010
hatedmainofanime said:
mira-lala said:

The launch of Tsukihime remake was not last year? Did something happen to postpone?

It was announced it was in the making.
Stay tuned for the next trailer in 2115. And 2125 for the english patch.
Jan 7, 2015 9:22 AM

Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
hatedmainofanime said:

Awesome! I'll have to clear my schedule out for the following week to play through it.
Jan 7, 2015 9:25 AM

Aug 2010
mickdrew_99 said:

Awesome! I'll have to clear my schedule out for the following week to play through it.

Beware though, the incomplete patch might be leaked at the end of 2124. Make sure to have the right version.
Jan 7, 2015 9:28 AM

Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
mickdrew_99 said:

Beware though, the incomplete patch might be leaked at the end of 2124. Make sure to have the right version.

hehe
Jan 7, 2015 9:30 AM

May 2011
mickdrew_99 said:
astroprogs said:

shit they didn't say Nasu had the Avalon

well UFOtable had make Fate/zero before FSN so lol they've already done a "mistake" but yeah, if they said clearly they thought to do the 3 route but couldn't because in fact of "legal issue" i'm sure this is the true reason

then they and we are basically screwed.
Jan 7, 2015 9:52 AM

May 2012
astroprogs said:
mickdrew_99 said:

Beware, if the incomplete patch is leaked, the translator might rage quit the project and we will have to wait until 2130 for the complete translation.
Jan 7, 2015 10:00 AM

Aug 2010
KamiAlice said:

Beware, if the incomplete patch is leaked, the translator might rage quit the project and we will have to wait until 2130 for the complete translation.

It's alright, I'll make sure to bookmark Neo Beast's Lair.
Jan 7, 2015 10:34 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
KamiAlice said:

Neo Beast's Lair - Shitposting Directly into your brain since 2060
Jan 7, 2015 11:11 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

Neo Beast's Lair - Shitposting Directly into your brain since 2060

Says you who speaks his fanfiction like it's fact ~.~
The sun is a deadly laser
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.