Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 16, 2012 10:38 PM

Aug 2011
Awaits for season 3 aka more ACCELERATOR.
Jun 23, 2012 4:35 AM

Sep 2011
Is This The ENDING? This Episode Is Trolling Me. 8/10

Is The Publishing Of The Index LN Already Finished? Because I Don't Like Watching A Series With An Open Ending Like This. I Hope, In The Next Season(If There's Season 3 Which Is I Don't Know) Will Be The Last.

Aug 4, 2012 10:13 AM

Jun 2012
did anyone else notice this was the only episode where he wasn't punching a girl in the face.

i know there bad and all but there is still the fact that he didn't even hold back.

in my book it was just wrong but funny at the same time says alpha as alpha explains the humirous situation while laugphing.
Sep 8, 2012 9:10 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
bleh this was ok finale. It feels weird to end the series without much Index or Misaka >,> Season one was much more epic and had a better, more complete ending!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 8, 2012 9:15 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I am anticipating a Season 3 possibly, cause the church still has business with Index and those grimoires. Though I considerably liked Season 1 more, season 2 still has its moments and good parts, so the Index series get a 10 :)
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 9, 2012 10:50 AM
Jul 2012
this ending wasn't that good, they should've ended it at a better part. Ah well, can't wait for season 3 and i'm going start reading the novel eventually.
Jan 8, 2013 12:57 PM

Jun 2009
Well, I really disliked most of the arcs in this series. But, despite the rather rushed feel this last arc was pretty solid. Accelerator is just a fun character to follow so I'm looking forward to more of him and the GROUP faction as a whole seems interesting. I still don't care much for Touma but I have to say I'm looking forward to season 3.

5/10 for the inane and dull middle portion of the series and the fact that the direction seemed to be poor at some points. I should read the novels.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 14, 2013 8:27 AM

Jan 2013
Misaka's mother was drunk a bit.... Touma missed Accelerator (of course he did -.-)
Can't wait for the next season :P
Jan 21, 2013 8:20 PM

Apr 2012
While most of this anime was pretty mediocre, there were a number of bright spots - especially these last several episodes. So, overall, it was a decent show; however, the moments in which this series really shined reminded me that this could have been much better than it was, which is rather disappointing.

6 "Falcon Punches" out of 10.
Feb 2, 2013 5:48 PM

May 2012
Nice last episode but I still feel that the story is far from ending, it feels just that the story is just about to begin to get really good so IDK why they finished it off here, perhaps one day we'll see a sequel or so but as for now it's a bit to unfinished for me!

Still in general a nice watch and on occasions great humor and action! Not as good imo than the first season but still very good 8/10
Mar 15, 2013 10:41 PM

Jun 2010
Considering a railgun s2 is on the way 3 years after the first one, I suppose it wont be surprising to have index s3 next spring or somewhere around there. Show had a plethora of good ideas but pathetic dialogue, abnoxious characters and just a whole lot of wasted potential in numerous aspects ruined something that could have been great, this of course encompasses s1 too. Alas.
Mar 23, 2013 5:53 AM

Jun 2012
loved the episode except for it's end. during the last few episodes i had almost forgotten how annoying Index and her bite were and what happens ? she bites him in the last few seconds of the episode -,-
well aside from that Accelerator was as epic as always and seeing misaka's mom completely drunk was funny. misaka misaka was also once again very cute. finally realized that one brown haired GROUP guy was the one who copied this (rich) guy and tried hurting misaka back in S1 (i think it was ?), but got beat up by touma.
Mar 25, 2013 12:14 AM

Sep 2012
Wow @ GROUP
And yes, Shiage is voiced by Hino Satoshi, Kamui <3
Apr 3, 2013 2:08 PM

Oct 2012
nice series overall, I was thinking whether I should watch 2nd season right after 1st because 1st was enjoyable and all but I dont know why the end of it .. was not what I awaited or I dont know how to call it, but now Im glad I did.
definitely needs 3rd season since things got into movement and they fired me up to want more :D

in last moments I finally realized that the guy who was at GROUP with Accelerator was actually the Aztec magician or what was he from 1st season :D ..

wanna scene where Touma and Accelerator finally meet and realize they were working together, like meeting together with Index and Misaka^2 by their sides or so would be interesting :D ...

I've got a bad habit of clicking spoilers too fast, then regret it ..

"The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed."
Apr 3, 2013 3:16 PM
Aug 2012
this series is so packed full of enemies who can easily wipe out the world prtty insane scaled battles tho the main character is still so under powered its ridiculous i mean they send saints etc after him yet he wld loose to a single bodyguard without powers he is jst a kid after all it is probably the worst flaw of the anime and where are the army in all this or the churches above them? why is there no movement in any of the loose harem it wld be nice to see something happen there. aside from that the series is good it allways feels like a climactic battle at every point of the anime i really did fear for the characters. im still anoyed that the main character when faced with a real weapon is screwed. frankly accelerate if he had his full powers back for more than a second shld be able to null or at least deflect all magic/esper atks and wld essentially be immortal against everyone but touma even against him all he has to do is accelarate his internals how can his right hand stop tht~? toume cant do anything like why not jst have 2/3 people catch him witch wldnt be hard and cut his arm off so weak
Apr 7, 2013 5:02 AM
Feb 2012
Quite an interesting show I just finished. Touma's actions are partially repetitive and sometimes one can't but think such patterns to be boring to watch (i.e. meet girl -> save girl -> happy end OR fight enemy -> listen to sad story -> say something profound and punch enemy in the face -> enemy becomes ally/friend). That's why I enjoyed watching Accelerator more. He's a crazy bastard yet manages to follow some sort of justice; albeit a twisted justice whose way is paved by bloody corpses. Enjoyable to watch nevertheless.

Personally I wouldn't mind a third season. In the meanwhile, I'll make sure to watch the Railgun spinoff and also read the novels once I get around to it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 5, 2013 9:21 PM

Jun 2012
notbad.jpeg

was sort of repetitive but its so damn fun to watch.

10/10

season 3 pls.
Aug 5, 2013 6:48 PM

Jan 2013
JustALEX said:

#1 BS Speech that makes him a complete MORALFAG...

Moralfag? Is it wrong to have morals? If you don't have morals that must mean you are less than human. Wouldn't you call someone's extreme ideals into question? Maybe not make a speech out of it, but wouldn't you ask them just why the hell do they act and think the way they do if it concerns the lives of others? I would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other than that, I liked the plot and even liked the fan service episodes. The animation lacked on a few episodes, but it still drew my attention. On a scale of 1-10 I give this anime an 8. I hope season 3 will be better and have more Accelerator. And maybe Index can actually get more screen time.
yaminogame91Aug 5, 2013 6:51 PM
Aug 6, 2013 3:07 AM

Aug 2009
yaminogame91 said:
JustALEX said:

#1 BS Speech that makes him a complete MORALFAG...

Moralfag? Is it wrong to have morals? If you don't have morals that must mean you are less than human. Wouldn't you call someone's extreme ideals into question? Maybe not make a speech out of it, but wouldn't you ask them just why the hell do they act and think the way they do if it concerns the lives of others? I would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other than that, I liked the plot and even liked the fan service episodes. The animation lacked on a few episodes, but it still drew my attention. On a scale of 1-10 I give this anime an 8. I hope season 3 will be better and have more Accelerator. And maybe Index can actually get more screen time.

Based on the content of the novels,season 3 & 4 will be many times better,Accelerator here compared to season 3+ is just a boy scout.Index will start getting back into her role as the one holding all those grimmoires during the final parts of season 3 and all of season 4(assuming they wont blow it up and animate EVERY remaining volume in one season and thus ruining the series).
Aug 9, 2013 10:01 PM

Apr 2013
I definitely enjoyed this a lot more than the 1st season,the story keeps getting better with time and things are a lot more interesting now than before,which makes me really excited for 3rd season.
I especially loved these last few episodes.Index is beyond awesome when it involves all the characters and switches between fights,and when it was has little to no fan-service.

this was a good season,7/10
I'm still wondering what Touma said about Misaka in episode 18 of first season..
Aug 10, 2013 1:47 AM

Aug 2009
S-ER said:
I definitely enjoyed this a lot more than the 1st season,the story keeps getting better with time and things are a lot more interesting now than before,which makes me really excited for 3rd season.
I especially loved these last few episodes.Index is beyond awesome when it involves all the characters and switches between fights,and when it was has little to no fan-service.

I'm still wondering what Touma said about Misaka in episode 18 of first season..
Everyone is wondering the same thing.But he probably said something that can easily misunderstood.
Btw way he is into "elder sister types" like Kanzaki and Orianna.
ssjokgAug 10, 2013 2:00 AM
Aug 10, 2013 11:26 AM

Apr 2013
ssjokg said:
S-ER said:

Everyone is wondering the same thing.But he probably said something that can easily misunderstood.

I'd still like to know either way =/ just curiosity
and really?that's interesting but won't deny it makes me a little sad since I ship ToumaxMikoto
Kanzaki and Touma would look good together though too tbh but I saw people who read the LN saying that ToumaxIndex is pretty much canon later on in the light novels?not sure if true or not.
Aug 10, 2013 4:32 PM

Aug 2009
S-ER said:
ssjokg said:
S-ER said:

and really?that's interesting but won't deny it makes me a little sad since I ship ToumaxMikoto
Kanzaki and Touma would look good together though too tbh but I saw people who read the LN saying that ToumaxIndex is pretty much canon later on in the light novels?not sure if true or not.
What?
Not possible.Touma himself sees Index as a little sister and also cant accept her feelings because they are for his "lost" self.The events after season 2 have no implication that he has romantic feelings for her.We only get to know how he feels about keeping his memory loss a secret from her.
I ship ToumaxItsuwa the girl from the Amakusa Church,too bad that season 2 only has her small(and failed) attempts at giving him a hot towel.
Aug 10, 2013 6:14 PM

Apr 2013
ssjokg said:
S-ER said:
ssjokg said:
S-ER said:

What?
Not possible.Touma himself sees Index as a little sister and also cant accept her feelings because they are for his "lost" self.The events after season 2 have no implication that he has romantic feelings for her.We only get to know how he feels about keeping his memory loss a secret from her.
I ship ToumaxItsuwa the girl from the Amakusa Church,too bad that season 2 only has her small(and failed) attempts at giving him a hot towel.

Wow looks like I was trolled,happy to hear it's not true.
oh that girl,lol.Have to say that part was pretty funny (and a little random).
Aug 10, 2013 6:44 PM
Feb 2010
9/10 season 3 HAS to be coming.
Sep 22, 2013 8:00 AM

Apr 2009
pathetic ending. :(

6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2013 7:26 AM

Aug 2012
waiting for season :3 ...9/10 overall
Oct 30, 2013 6:08 PM

Jan 2011
Why did they waste the first two thirds of the season on random plots, lots of fanservice (not that i don't like it, but i can watch Queen's Blade (wait, i did..) for that, too, but i can't watch something else for this specific type of plot etc.), Index biting him every few scenes..sometimes it felt like Index would deliberately seek out situations where she can bite him, or even setting them up.

Invite female friend, push Touma on her, bite him. Or even better/worse (depends on point of view): Push her on Touma. He would not even "trip", but simply fail to dodge..Index would still bite him of course.

The overall events of the Amakusa church including hunting Oriana etc. could easily be done in half the episodes. Cut fanservice, cut Index biting (happens automatically without fanservice), cut Touma's speeches, don't make him go down ten times before he can finally land the inevitable one-hit-ko punch..

Still, entertaining enough.
Nov 2, 2013 1:08 AM

Aug 2009
NwAurion said:
Why did they waste the first two thirds of the season on random plots, lots of fanservice (not that i don't like it, but i can watch Queen's Blade (wait, i did..) for that, too, but i can't watch something else for this specific type of plot etc.), Index biting him every few scenes..sometimes it felt like Index would deliberately seek out situations where she can bite him, or even setting them up.

Invite female friend, push Touma on her, bite him. Or even better/worse (depends on point of view): Push her on Touma. He would not even "trip", but simply fail to dodge..Index would still bite him of course.

The overall events of the Amakusa church including hunting Oriana etc. could easily be done in half the episodes. Cut fanservice, cut Index biting (happens automatically without fanservice), cut Touma's speeches, don't make him go down ten times before he can finally land the inevitable one-hit-ko punch..

Still, entertaining enough.

The "plots"(whoa so many of them huh?)arent random.Explaining how they connect would be like explaining how Vento's attack didnt affect Touma and Amata so I wont bother.
Jan 27, 2014 3:50 PM

Sep 2013
I enjoyed this season, it has been better than the first one! Hope a new season will be released! :D
In every score, there's a feeling...
Mar 28, 2014 4:56 AM

Dec 2010
I didn't expect this episode to be as good, like I don't see a last fight versus Skillout as something intimidating and interesting enough for a last episode, but the ep actually turned out way better. I didn't see Accelerator joining a rogue organisation though.

1. Characters. +1. Mostly the same old characters, but I still enjoy them as much, and Accelerator is really good, deserving his growing screen time.
2. Atmosphere. +1. It was pretty solid in the Academy City arks.
3. OST. +1. This anime has always had great OPs, EDs and themes. Gotta get the OST.
4. Animation. +1. This time the quality was so much better than Season 1. Can't wait to see S3's.
5. Background story. Nothing much on the background of anything was revealed and there was probably about one background story I somewhat cared for.
6. Storyline. +1. It was not that great of a storyline, but the plot advances with a good pace, I'm totally seeing a great WW3 plot in S3.
7. Ending. +1. It was decent overall, the best part is the WW3 foreshadowing and kinda Accelerator's take on the new organisation.
8. Drama. As opposed to S1 this season was very lacking in the drama department. It may be just because they're following the LN's and it's not the anime's fault but I still feel a bit unsatisfied about it.
9. Overall affect. +1. Somehow I didn't feel very good about the season for most of the time. It's probably because of the boring magicians that took so much screen time(they were boring this time around, I don't hate them as a general rule, they were way more interesting in S1). The final arc was the only really great thing about the season, and it's good it lasted really long. Still, the anime was cool as ever(it's TMNI after all).
Overall score: 7/10. It wasn't bad, but I hope the following season will do better.
Apr 1, 2014 12:17 PM

Jan 2014
I just have one question after watching this episode.

WHAT exactly did Accelerator do after he picked up the Skillouts leader's phone? The one with the picture of leader and some blond girl (probably his daughter?). He said something about having to do some overtime. But WHAT work exactly?

At first I thought he meant saving Misaka's mom, but then he didn't really know Misaka's mom AFTER he went off to do his mysterious overtime work.

Did it have anything to do with the leader's daughter?
Apr 1, 2014 12:42 PM

Aug 2009
Teckmeister said:
I just have one question after watching this episode.

WHAT exactly did Accelerator do after he picked up the Skillouts leader's phone? The one with the picture of leader and some blond girl (probably his daughter?). He said something about having to do some overtime. But WHAT work exactly?

At first I thought he meant saving Misaka's mom, but then he didn't really know Misaka's mom AFTER he went off to do his mysterious overtime work.

Did it have anything to do with the leader's daughter?

Yes it was about that girl,Fremea.SHe a very important character in the New Testament novels.

I dont know if you have watched Railgun but her older sister appears in the second season.Komaba had no relation with her.She was among the primary schoolers that he saved by beating up a man that entered her school with a gun back in January.

The only thing we know is that Accelerator took Komaba's list with names of level 0s that are being threatened by high level espers(including Fremea).He most likely checked what is going on with them.

Komaba purposely killed himself so that Accelerator would take his role.
Apr 24, 2014 4:57 PM

Jul 2013
That last episode did not feel like a last episode at all. They pretty much started a new arc in the last 2 eps. and ended in such a juicy cliffhanger. I completely forgot about Unabara/Etzali face stealing guy or whatever. I always wondered what happened to that guy. I didn't even fully recognize him till the end there since he was pretty minor in Index 1 and I watched that about 3 weeks ago. And for the first time in a long while, I think I actually found Touma's speech slightly enjoyable. Overall the show was ok. Some arcs I enjoyed while the others were a little...well in blatant terms, kinda shit.

So I heard there's an Index movie? I'm assuming it's about the events after this. If not I really want a season 3 of index for some closure.
Apr 25, 2014 3:23 AM

Aug 2009
ihusmal1234 said:
That last episode did not feel like a last episode at all. They pretty much started a new arc in the last 2 eps. and ended in such a juicy cliffhanger. I completely forgot about Unabara/Etzali face stealing guy or whatever. I always wondered what happened to that guy. I didn't even fully recognize him till the end there since he was pretty minor in Index 1 and I watched that about 3 weeks ago. And for the first time in a long while, I think I actually found Touma's speech slightly enjoyable. Overall the show was ok. Some arcs I enjoyed while the others were a little...well in blatant terms, kinda shit.

So I heard there's an Index movie? I'm assuming it's about the events after this. If not I really want a season 3 of index for some closure.
The movie takes place after the Remnant arc(the one Kuroko fights the other teleporter) and before the Daihaseisai sports festival arc in Index II.
Jun 19, 2014 5:06 PM

Nov 2012
Despite the fact the adaptions of each arc were better this time around,Orsola rescue arc and Academy City's invasion arc were the only one I can consider good,the rest were boring,rushed and forgetful.

6.5/10.
Jul 1, 2014 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
So it has ended. Had a lot of fun, though there are some things I would like to comment about... I think I wont.
10/10
Aug 8, 2014 12:22 PM

Sep 2012
When they gonna DUB it? i have seen SUB & new i'm W8 for DUB

Reilgun s came 2013 & it has DUB already & this came 2011 & still no DUB WTF?! if they dubbed season 1 & railgun both seasons then they need to DUB this to!!!
they should have DUB this one long time ago, before railgun season 1 was DUB
Aug 27, 2014 5:40 AM

Dec 2013
What a weird way to end it ... I thought they would at least end it well because the season was shitty but nope.
To think I only kept watching it to see Kanzaki and she almost didn't appear lmao.
Much worse than s1, boring nuns, uninteresting fights. Bullshit. 4/10
Sep 1, 2014 2:34 PM

May 2014
The action, plot, is solid, well done. The music was fitting. What can I say, this is a good anime—if it didn't just abruptly end in the middle of the start of a war. C'mon I felt dumped. Guess there is continuation in other forms rather than anime though.

So, I'm going to give this a really good score.
Nov 3, 2014 8:37 AM
May 2011
I wish touma had a more offensive power

seeing him punch things with his hand after making that same speech about breaking illusions gets super boring.

though he's lucky all his opponents are morons and don't know how to use their surroundings.
Nov 26, 2014 5:44 AM
Nov 2013
Ending was rushed a lot but Action was up to the mark didn't bored me until the end
With that ending i need season 3
Jan 3, 2015 6:48 PM

Aug 2013
Mmmm, I didn't understood everything, but from what I got, Accelerator is now determined to be part of the GROUP, which is for a war against the Catholic Church.

It was obvious that Musujime wasn't dead. I was pretty sure that she had moved a body where she was to makes him believe that she was dead. A pretty effective trick.

That part where the dude suicided himself was pretty dark. It was an odd change of atmosphere.
It was cute to see Last Order wakes up at the hospital. Glad that she's doing well.

In overall, I think the main problem of that serie is its inconsistance. It have some very good episodes and others are sometime boring or too cliche (for exemple, the episode with the overly evil priest). It's strong point on the other hand is its load of interesting characters.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 14, 2015 6:11 AM

Aug 2009
minouneetzoe said:
Mmmm, I didn't understood everything, but from what I got, Accelerator is now determined to be part of the GROUP, which is for a war against the Catholic Church.

It was obvious that Musujime wasn't dead. I was pretty sure that she had moved a body where she was to makes him believe that she was dead. A pretty effective trick.

That part where the dude suicided himself was pretty dark. It was an odd change of atmosphere.
It was cute to see Last Order wakes up at the hospital. Glad that she's doing well.

In overall, I think the main problem of that serie is its inconsistance. It have some very good episodes and others are sometime boring or too cliche (for exemple, the episode with the overly evil priest). It's strong point on the other hand is its load of interesting characters.
No GROUP Is for underground jobs inside Academy City.
Jan 28, 2015 6:21 AM
Sep 2014
First season was good, but this one, i didnt get this annoyed for long time.
Story was ok, nothing special. But characters and dialogue, oh damn.
Character design in season 2 is just awful. Army of nuns with crazy clothes, then that crazy pierced bi?ch with cross in her mouth, wtf is that? And lets not forget that almost every bad guy had that crazy laugh. Plus, fights were all the same. They start fighting, then Touma get his ass kicked, he gets up, talk some moral bulshit after what enemy try to use his super power, but Touma is faster and he one hit KO him. The end, bad guy join Touma side.
Well, its not all bad, art was good, sound also. Humor was pretty fun.
May 29, 2015 12:20 PM

Dec 2014
Bad ending is bad. Seems a Season 3 won't be happening.

Add me on PSN: edgehead22
XBL: iamDTS
3DS: 4270-2870-9578
Jul 23, 2015 1:34 PM

Nov 2014
Last 6 or so episodes were crazy. So intense. It was great to see everyone having some screen time. I'm just unhappy that Touma didn't meet Accelerator when they were looking for 20001 and Index.
Jul 25, 2015 1:29 PM

Aug 2014
Well the end was very informal about saying that will be exist another story, but it's fine. If that means that we are going to receive a third season soon then I could accept that. About the all story from the battle against the Roman church also to the history of the cross of St. Peter to the rescue of Sister Agnese was very interesting.
The last story about Accelerator and Misaka's connection to Kazakiri was really impressive!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Dec 31, 2015 10:35 AM
May 2013
It was good until episode 22 or so .
Cross of Peter arc should've ended this . Such a misfortune to see it ending like this D:
Jan 18, 2016 4:09 AM

Sep 2013
Wtf, this wasn't a formal conclusion to the series?

I was kind of expecting some sort of resolution, but the way the four GROUP members was talking and how the right hand of God left...

Pretty much another season is adaptable.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Feb 18, 2011

164 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 12:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.