Forum Settings
Forums

MyAnimeGraph.k.vu [Life spent on animu; timeline; recommendations]

New
Pages (29) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 8, 2011 3:13 PM

Dec 2008
i have a question so i already got my url but how do i put it in the signature page under edit profile
Mar 8, 2011 11:54 PM

Nov 2010
packet said:

In other news:
Added 15 new chibis mostly from the chibi pack Lightyear8684 sent.
TheResistance: three are from K-On
That makes 27 chibis total. Would you like a list somewhere or rather be surprised?

List please~
Also is there anyway we can choose our own personal chibis? What if we get a chibi we don't like? Watch non stop till it changes lol?
Mar 9, 2011 1:59 AM

Feb 2009
TheResistance said:
List please~
Also is there anyway we can choose our own personal chibis? What if we get a chibi we don't like? Watch non stop till it changes lol?

Here you go:
http://packet.wtf.la/newGen/chibis/

About choosing:
what you are suggesting is pretty complicated
I'll be adding other things first.
Mar 9, 2011 4:06 AM
Jul 2010
packet said:
Lightyear8684 said:
I tried wikpedia.png one and it works just fine, I guess it doesn't show because there is no .png/.jpg ending at the link?

OK, it really seems so. Just try one last thing before I add support for .png.
Try putting this picture in your signature: http://packet.wtf.la/lightYear.png
It's not dynamic - it won't change, I just saved it like this for testing purposes. I just want to make sure once I set up rewrite that forum won't have problems with pics from my domain.
Let me know if it works.

In other news:
Added 15 new chibis mostly from the chibi pack Lightyear8684 sent.
TheResistance: three are from K-On
That makes 27 chibis total. Would you like a list somewhere or rather be surprised?

Done~, .png picture works just fine
Mar 9, 2011 6:22 AM

Feb 2009
Lightyear8684 said:

OK, that settles it. I set up a rewrite. From now on you can get your trackers (also) at http://packet.wtf.la/newGen/YOUR_USER_NAME.png

Lightyear8684, let me know if it works now.

And saka, thank you. I would have never figured this out myself.
Mar 9, 2011 1:03 PM
Jul 2010
packet said:
Lightyear8684 said:

OK, that settles it. I set up a rewrite. From now on you can get your trackers (also) at http://packet.wtf.la/newGen/YOUR_USER_NAME.png

Lightyear8684, let me know if it works now.

And saka, thank you. I would have never figured this out myself.

tested, it works just fine, really appreciated, now I can use it on other websites :)
Mar 9, 2011 3:07 PM

Sep 2010
How far is this accurate to my anime list?
cause mine from anime-planet shows 1 week 5 days.

while this shows me 1 month 3 weeks.
now i know that anime-planet doesnt count the 'rewatch' but does that affect it soo much?
maybe my list is still a bit bugged cause i edited and removed some series and rewatch values and they might be still in the system.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2011 10:17 PM

Apr 2009
I'm certain that my bar stopped moving a few days ago, even though MAL itself updated just fine. Anyone else having that problem?

EDIT: It seems to be fixed now
RamenPoodleMar 9, 2011 11:03 PM
Mar 9, 2011 11:05 PM

Feb 2009
RamenPoodle said:
I'm certain that my bar stopped moving a few days ago, even though MAL itself updated just fine. Anyone else having that problem?

Are you sure?
I checked.
Your profile shows 76.7 days.
When I multiply that by 24*60 i get 110448 minutes. The same number is in your cache file.
Your tracker shows 48 mins | 16 hrs | 6 days | 2 weeks | 2 months | 0 years
Again, when I add that up I get 110448 minutes.

Perhaps you have the picture cached somewhere?
Try going to http://www.hidemyass.com and enter
http://packet.wtf.la/newGen/RamenPoodle.png (use the .png form)

Do you see the same picture as normally? If not you have it cached somewhere.

ultimateninjax said:
i have a question so i already got my url but how do i put it in the signature page under edit profile

Go to "Forum options", then find "Signature". Add bbcode. That is [ img]YOUR_URL_HERE[ /img] (don't copy the spaces in the img tags)

Leonard93 said:
How far is this accurate to my anime list?

Again, I have no idea how MAL counts the time spent. Ask an adimin or mod.
packetMar 10, 2011 12:11 AM
Mar 10, 2011 4:28 AM

Nov 2010
Hopefully this works

TheResistanceMar 10, 2011 8:24 PM
Mar 14, 2011 6:41 AM

Jan 2009
how long does it take chibis and anime quote to change ?
Mar 14, 2011 7:12 PM

Mar 2009
Does the picture constantly change? When I first got mine it was a pink-haired girl and then it changed to another pic and hasn't changed at all since then.
Mar 14, 2011 11:53 PM

Feb 2009

FIXED, next time you can just post the links. You don't have to put them in URL tags. That happens automatically.
I'll add a few of them, but there already is a lot of K-On, so maybe not those. How would you use the group picture? Is that posted just for lulz, or do you have some idea?

mastersquall said:

ATM It's both after 12 hrs of anime. But I'll change this. Soon hopefully. I'd like the quote change based on episode count.

Also, I'll finally drop minutes from the counter and replace them with episode count. Both don't fit. Do you like that idea?

AlexSadist-sama said:
Does the picture constantly change? When I first got mine it was a pink-haired girl and then it changed to another pic and hasn't changed at all since then.

Currently, whenever I add new chibis, everyones chibi randomly changes. I did it once so far. So that's why your changed. But it does not change constantly. I will fix this before adding any new chibis. (hopefully)
BTW, AlexSadist-sama: Check out our anime compatibility - 81%. So far I haven't found anyone with whom I have a higher one.
Mar 15, 2011 12:09 AM

Jan 2009
packet said:

mastersquall said:

ATM It's both after 12 hrs of anime. But I'll change this. Soon hopefully. I'd like the quote change based on episode count.

Also, I'll finally drop minutes from the counter and replace them with episode count. Both don't fit. Do you like that idea?

i think episode idea is new one . i like that idea . also my anime quote and chibi hasn't changed at all even after 5days .
Mar 15, 2011 5:42 AM

Feb 2009
I changed the source of data from peoples profile pages to the "Unofficial MAL API". I wonder where they get the data themselves. Must have direct access to MAL's database.
Anyway, this API provides watched episode count so I implemented that.

I replaced "minutes" with "episodes" in the speech bubble. Do you think it's a change for the better or worse?
To be honest I didn't quite know where to put the "episodes". There isn't much room.
You may notice that the episode count shown is different from the one that shows at the bottom of your list. I'm not sure what exactly is going on but I suspect a MAL bug. For instance when I manually add up the episodes count in my completed section the result is different from what MAL shows in the footer.
The quote and chibi change still happen the old way for now.

I'm not liking the readability of the text. Shouldn't we get another font?

Next thing I'll do will be making the quotes change based on ep count. How many eps per quote would you set?
But for the moment I've gotta stop using the computer. My RSI is getting worse :( .
Mar 15, 2011 10:30 AM

Jan 2009

it does look good i just notice now . but wait for others reply .
Mar 15, 2011 2:30 PM

Feb 2009
Quick update:

- all chibis fit now, I made the banner wider
    - quote and progress bar color now changes randomly each time the tracker is displayed
Mar 16, 2011 5:19 PM

Nov 2010
How does the episode count work? Would it count 12 2 minute skits as 12 eps? Also what about movies and yea group pic was for lolz :)
Mar 16, 2011 9:10 PM

Mar 2009
packet said:
AlexSadist-sama said:

Currently, whenever I add new chibis, everyones chibi randomly changes. I did it once so far. So that's why your changed. But it does not change constantly. I will fix this before adding any new chibis. (hopefully)

Right, I see.

packet said:
BTW, AlexSadist-sama: Check out our anime compatibility - 81%. So far I haven't found anyone with whom I have a higher one.

Well, that's good then.
Mar 17, 2011 6:57 AM
Aug 2008

How does the counting work? Because It says that I spent 2 months on anime, does it mean I spent so many hours on anime, or it says for how long I am watching anime? If it's latter one, then it's obviously wrong... Anyway love the chibi and quote xD Hope it works by counting minutes and hours spent to watch everything what I have in the completed list.
p.s. Sometimes I watch anime and update mal after a month or etc? For example now I am watching one piece and I think it says episode 250~ something but now Im on episode 380~ and already more than one month passed, so does it affect tracker?
Mar 17, 2011 8:16 AM

Nov 2008
Miyata said:

How does the counting work? Because It says that I spent 2 months on anime, does it mean I spent so many hours on anime, or it says for how long I am watching anime? If it's latter one, then it's obviously wrong... Anyway love the chibi and quote xD Hope it works by counting minutes and hours spent to watch everything what I have in the completed list.
p.s. Sometimes I watch anime and update mal after a month or etc? For example now I am watching one piece and I think it says episode 250~ something but now Im on episode 380~ and already more than one month passed, so does it affect tracker?

As far as I know it's how much time you spent on anime. So yes it works by counting the minutes and hours of everything in your anime list. Pretty much everything but plan to watch since that should always be on 0 episodes watched.

The stats are taken from your MAL profile so not updating it won't change the stats on the tracker. If MAL doesn't know you watched over 130 episodes of One Piece in between the times you updated your list...then the tracker won't know for sure. You'll have to update more frequently if you want it to change.

Unless I misunderstood your questions and how the trackers works of course. That being said I just found this thread and I have to say it looks pretty cool. Just going to place it on my profile somewhere because the other spaces are taken :<
SertasloMar 17, 2011 8:28 AM
Mar 17, 2011 2:58 PM

Feb 2009
Everything Folsense said is true. :)

BTW: I am getting rid of that font! Just look at it. "Miyata's life spent on anime:"
is that 1 hour or 4 hours?
Obviously a 4 since it's a plural, but it looks like a one.
In other cases I saw digits blending etc.
Any ideas for a substitute?

Does anyone use the tracker on a dark background? Should I bother with adding a glow to the quote text? If people mostly use it on a light background than it's not worth the work.
So, if anyone want's a white glow in the text background speak up

The Resistance:
I'll only add one chibi from those you sent. This one. Cute, I like it :)
Sorry, but there is enough K-On IMO.
Mar 19, 2011 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
hey packet is it possible to fit siggy in 450 X 150 or 500 X 150
Mar 20, 2011 12:58 PM

Feb 2009
Updates:

• fixed bug that made all all chibis and quotes change when I added a new one
    It's possible that this made your chibi and/or quote change. Sorry about that. But it's the last time ever. I promise.
  • quote now changes every 5 episodes
  • got rid of eye cancer font; U LIEK the new one better?
  • added new chibi

mastersquall said:

Umm, I'll see what I can do. In case I'm not able to make a smaller design would a resize/scale option help you?

BTW: Spring is comming soon to the northern hemisphere. It's a season known to induce blossoming in sakuras.
packetMar 20, 2011 1:48 PM
Mar 20, 2011 1:53 PM

Oct 2007
Hmm, nice idea! A little problem in my case:

packet, can you make the information rectangle a bit bigger?
Mar 20, 2011 2:16 PM

Feb 2009
Saks:
oops
ok, I'll do something about it

btw:
thats amazing.. you have seen so much anime
How long did it take you? How can you afford to watch anime so often? I want to know your secret!

EDIT: FIX'D
packetMar 20, 2011 2:53 PM
Mar 20, 2011 11:21 PM

Oct 2007
Thanks packet! I'm gonna use it in others forums that I participe.

Ah, I'm seeing anime&manga since 80's. Nowadays I still have fun, then I keep seeing both. So it reflects on my list.
Mar 20, 2011 11:54 PM

Nov 2010
Holy S!@#$!#$@! 35+k EPS!@!#$!!!!!!1111!!
Mar 21, 2011 12:31 AM

Aug 2009

This is pretty cool! Can I suggest a chibi or two for you to use?
Mar 21, 2011 1:48 AM

Feb 2009
Why of course! (pun intended) Go ahead, I'll be glad to add new chibis.
Mar 21, 2011 11:58 PM

Aug 2009
Haha, awesome.
I'd spam chibi pictures but for some reason I can't upload anything.

Anyway, can you use one of these?
http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa346/s30394/kenshinchibiheartless.png
http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa346/s30394/kenshinchibi.png
Mar 22, 2011 1:53 AM

May 2010
This is really a great ideea. Two question though (I am a n00b ^_^ )

1) Can I change the chibi?

Now I have http://packet.wtf.la/newGen/?usr=bloodlover but I for ex I want this chibi -> http://packet.wtf.la/newGen/chibis/3.png

2) The stats are ok. However I added another anime (Ghost in the Shell SAC 2) to the list but the status didn't change. Will it change over time?

Also if a moderator could answer me : can we use the sig from AP here or there is some kind of competition between the web-sites?

edit : Nvm , It changed the stats and the chibi ^^ I guess it just takes a little time for the update.
PandaMaster99Mar 22, 2011 2:57 AM
If you are a fan of (or simply interested in) Japanese films
then please join the Cinema of Japan club! Thank you (:

Mar 22, 2011 6:34 AM

Jan 2009
packet said:
Updates:

• fixed bug that made all all chibis and quotes change when I added a new one
    It's possible that this made your chibi and/or quote change. Sorry about that. But it's the last time ever. I promise.
  • quote now changes every 5 episodes
  • got rid of eye cancer font; U LIEK the new one better?
  • added new chibi

now this font much better
packet said:
mastersquall said:

Umm, I'll see what I can do. In case I'm not able to make a smaller design would a resize/scale option help you?

BTW: Spring is comming soon to the northern hemisphere. It's a season known to induce blossoming in sakuras.

actually i like this siggy but some forum don't allow me put more then 450 and 500 :( .its ok if you resize/scale i don't mind as long as i and other can read :) . Talking about spring its already getting very hot in india
Mar 22, 2011 10:54 AM
Jul 2010
I love this signature thing, though I miss some funny/hilarious quotes XDD
Mar 22, 2011 1:39 PM

Jul 2010
TheResistance said:
packet said:
Finally some suggestions :) . Thank you!

TheResistance said:
Perhaps light orange and blue would be better colours?

Is something like this what you have in mind?

I don't like the text color, but can't think of anything that would fit better.

gregory003 said:
I'd suggest transparency over color.

Something like this?

TheResistance said:
Also in my opinion the timeline should be the other way, years > mins

Well that's an interesting idea but what would you do about the progress bar? I think it would look weird if it grew from right to left.
You see, the progress bar matches the labels. For example if you spent more than one day but less than one month on anime, the progress bar will stop somewhere on the label "days".

Anyway, I have a few more ideas:

• removing the the "minutes section" because virtually every one has seen more than an hour of anime
  • changing the font (perhaps to one used in manga like Wild Words or Anime Ace?)
  • adding a chibi character somewhere (perhaps he/she would move as you watch more anime?)
  • making the image bigger (higher, text size)
  • adding anime completed, planned, watching since, episodes seen etc counter
  • adding a parameter &picture= to allow you to select a custom background
  • generally making the thing more shiny/3D looking (perhaps using a tint) <- but I'm no good at this, if someone sent me some graphics that would be great
  • adding a MAL logo

Yes! Looks good ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2011 6:37 PM

Nov 2010
Needs better chibis IMO, only a few are cute. If only someone here was a manga artist xD
Mar 23, 2011 6:42 AM

Feb 2009
WHY said:

What do you mean you can't upload? You can't upload anywhere on the internet? Can't you just zip your chibis and put them on www.mediafire.com? Or could you send me an email if that doesn't work?

WHY said:

I appreciate your submission, but to be honest I don't like the chibi. So I won't add it. Still I'd be glad if you sent me the rest of your chibis.

bloodlover said:
1) Can I change the chibi?

No, at the moment the way it works is that watching more anime will make your chibi change randomly.

/Note to self: must write an explanatory page for the tracker/

bloodlover said:

Now I have http://packet.wtf.la/newGen/?usr=bloodlover but I for ex I want this chibi -> http://packet.wtf.la/newGen/chibis/3.png

Just watch more anime and pray to my random number generator :)

Or should I perhaps change the system? Would you like to be able to change your chibi manually? IMO that takes the fun out of it.

mastersquall said:
now this font much better

Glad to hear that.
mastersquall said:

actually i like this siggy but some forum don't allow me put more then 450 and 500 :( .its ok if you resize/scale i don't mind as long as i and other can read :)

OK, I see. Will fix it.

gregory003 said:
Yes! Looks good ^_^

Soo... are you saying you would prefer the blue variety of the old tracker?

TheResistance said:
Needs better chibis IMO, only a few are cute. If only someone here was a manga artist xD

I agree. Hopefully someone will submit some, somehow someday :D
Mar 23, 2011 11:04 AM
Jul 2010
packet said:
Or should I perhaps change the system? Would you like to be able to change your chibi manually? IMO that takes the fun out of it.

No, changing chibis manually takes the fun indeed, though I loved the Exp+ lvl idea which you suggested earlier, maybe you could let some people enable it for themselves, it just looks RPG style, fancy :) in case you think, no I don't want to make anime watching competitive it's just looks so good ^.^
Mar 23, 2011 2:17 PM

Nov 2010
Instead of changing the chibis manually is it possible to choose which chibis you get, but still have it randomly generated? or is that too complicated :s
Mar 24, 2011 4:11 AM

Nov 2010
I don't want to change the stats since I don't want the chibi to change xD also didn't know that you can get rid of background so heres some of my screensavers which you could edit or w/e,

Mar 24, 2011 2:08 PM

Oct 2009
@TheResistance: Nice Chibi's :3

@packet: Great Idea ;D

AuraoMar 24, 2011 2:32 PM
Mar 24, 2011 2:17 PM
Aug 2008
@Folsense

Thanks for making things clear to me ;p

@packet

Well, I salute you! That's a neat idea you came up with, looks and works way better than AnimePlanet's tracker. Love the chibis and quotes, hope will be increasing in numbers xD btw, every how many episodes does the chibi changes? is it same as the quote? If I won't forget about it will post some chibis and quotes later on.
p.s. can you make at least resize option? Because I want to use in another forum as well, where they allow only 500x150 >..<
Mar 24, 2011 2:31 PM

Oct 2009
Miyata said:
every how many episodes does the chibi changes? is it same as the quote?

packet said:

The little bar indicates progress to the next chibi and anime quote.
When it reaches the other end, your chibi and quote will change. (Currently, the whole bar is about two days 12 hours of watching anime) The good thing is the bar doesn't slow down like it did in the old version.

Lol the color of my sig just changed from green to blue without watching anything xD

Edit: Looks like the color changes every time the image is loaded.
AuraoMar 24, 2011 2:48 PM
Mar 26, 2011 8:44 PM

Aug 2009
packet said:

but to be honest I don't like the chibi.

No love for lovestruck Kenshin? ;A;
Mar 27, 2011 1:55 PM
Jul 2010
WHY said:
Haha, awesome.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa346/s30394/kenshinchibiheartless.png
http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa346/s30394/kenshinchibi.png

omfg isn't that Kenshin Uesugi from Sengoku rance eroge XDD

Packet, you ba**** why didn't you added her, she looks so cute -.-
Mar 27, 2011 2:26 PM

Feb 2009
Lightyear8684 said:
Packet, you ba**** why didn't you added her, she looks so cute -.-

Wha...?
Well we obviously need a different system of chibi selection in that case.
Any ideas how to chose which chibis to add?

TheResistance said:
Instead of changing the chibis manually is it possible to choose which chibis you get, but still have it randomly generated?

This is a good idea. I think selecting chibis you do NOT want is easier. I'll look into that.
Also, thank you for your chibi contribution.

Miyata said:
That's a neat idea you came up with... ...every how many episodes does the chibi changes? is it same as the quote? If I won't forget about it will post some chibis and quotes later on.
p.s. can you make at least resize option? Because I want to use in another forum as well, where they allow only 500x150 >..<

Thank you.
The chibi changes every 12 hrs of anime. The quote every 5 eps.
Yes, I definitely will add a resize option of some sort.

I'm going to make a webpage with all the relevant info about the tracker. There will also be a generator where you can select chibis and the size.
There are many chibis and quotes pending. I still haven't added them.

But at the moment I have no time to work on this. Please be patient. It could take a week or two until I get to it.

When it's done I'll post here.
Mar 27, 2011 10:26 PM

Nov 2010
Wow it's going to be finished in 1 or 2 weeks? Quite impressive considering you started from stratch and it looks better than most other trackers.
Can't wait for the finished version :D
Mar 27, 2011 10:50 PM

Jan 2009
@packet take your time . you already gave us one of good looking trackers . can't wait for resize option .
Mar 28, 2011 4:07 AM

Mar 2011
Well done packet, such a cute tracker! =3
Yay for chibis & cute signatures, thanks! =D
Pages (29) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime Recommendations - MAL

hacker09 - May 16, 2022

23 by CLModerno »»
May 21, 4:31 PM

» Painting Kimi no Na Wa (Your Name) Music Album

mufarari - Jan 13

9 by DesuMaiden »»
May 21, 12:42 PM

» Oil Painting of Boa Hancock from One Piece Stampede

mufarari - May 19

4 by DesuMaiden »»
May 21, 12:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

13 by hacker09 »»
May 21, 9:30 AM

» Where to make graphics with gifs?

StrawberryBlxxd - May 21

1 by Daviljoe193 »»
May 21, 8:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.